DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 601.
#9951 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

It would be nice to know what us LE buyers are getting, at this point all aspects except maybe final mounting of the new lcd you'd think should be compleated.
Im sure some guys may want to swap their order to a standard if they dont feel the LE package is worth the extra cash.
Pictures and a final feature matrix would be great.

Yeah, this is what I mentioned in a earlier post. Before I put any more money down, I'd like to see the finished LE.

#9952 7 years ago

Any news on when it's going to ship yet?

#9953 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hmmm. Replace airlock can with something else...maybe something nobody has seen before...something innovative...how about...another screen? Brilliant!

Is this supposed to look bad? How about Aliens on each screen that during a mode you have to kill or all the screens counting down in a frenzy mode, I like it.

d3537510adfc1f3918a586941335191745d3ebc4 (resized).jpgd3537510adfc1f3918a586941335191745d3ebc4 (resized).jpg

#9954 7 years ago

I just want to play one of these. The sooner, the better. Really like what I see with play field design, toys & etc.

#9955 7 years ago

Progress is obviously slower than what anyone wants, but there *is* progress... a development machine has finally landed in the programmer's house! For me this counts as the start of the final stretch...

IMG_3865 (resized).jpgIMG_3865 (resized).jpg

IMG_3872 (resized).jpgIMG_3872 (resized).jpg

#9956 7 years ago

I've just gotta say it again,
I would totally like to play one on location at a movie theater someday!

#9957 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Any news on when it's going to ship yet?

April 2015, duh. Wait, no...December 2016! Wait...hmmm

#9958 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Progress is obviously slower than what anyone wants, but there *is* progress... a development machine has finally landed in the programmer's house! For me this counts as the start of the final stretch...

Might only be a development machine but it's great to see a physical machine in house so to speak.

From what I've seen up to this point in teases and reveals the modes and code look great so far, having a game in hand can only mean you will make the code a standout game and something special

#9959 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So, another 5-6 months to go?

#9960 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, another 5-6 months to go?

From the code standpoint, no, not at all. All the game rules have been done for awhile and have been played in Wales and at a few shows. The two biggest things I'll be working on are:

1) Score balancing - tweaking point values, timers, etc to make things feel as good as possible from a risk/reward standpoint.

2) Choreography polish - more/better lighting shows is the big one, but also tweaking the A/V effects overall to be as immersive as we can. We all know atmosphere is a big deal for this theme.

I'm sure that I'll be fiddling with these things even after the game ships, but v1 is already quite solid today. (I've said it before, but Brian's code simulator is terrific, huge props to him. The code wouldn't be anywhere without his sim.)

#9961 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

From the code standpoint, no, not at all. All the game rules have been done for awhile and have been played in Wales and at a few shows. The two biggest things I'll be working on are:
1) Score balancing - tweaking point values, timers, etc to make things feel as good as possible from a risk/reward standpoint.
2) Choreography polish - more/better lighting shows is the big one, but also tweaking the A/V effects overall to be as immersive as we can. We all know atmosphere is a big deal for this theme.
I'm sure that I'll be fiddling with these things even after the game ships, but v1 is already quite solid today. (I've said it before, but Brian's code simulator is terrific, huge props to him. The code wouldn't be anywhere without his sim.)

i'm only a half hour away! Need any help? LOL

Ed Z

#9962 7 years ago

Nice to see a proto landed safely in a programmers hands. We should be seeing plenty of code updates after games have shipped and landed in owners hands Q1 of the year.

Stoked!!! Can't wait for my LE!

#9963 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

i'm only a half hour away! Need any help? LOL

You are? When'd you move to the DC area?

#9964 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You are? When'd you move to the DC area?

Magfest is on.

Be here till Sunday. I would love to come see the game and you if possible, but i am not counting on it . Can't wait to see what you do with this game . Knowing Brian and yourself , i am quite confident the software will be inventive and balanced.

#9965 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Choreography polish - more/better lighting shows is the big one, but also tweaking the A/V effects overall to be as immersive as we can. We all know atmosphere is a big deal for this theme

If any requests can be made by the community Ferret, if its not already an idea or plan you have could you please see if its possible to make the games lighting flicker and strobe during the Xeno ball grab/eat?

Watching the reveal video back with that effect in mind, the darkness with flashing and strobing light effects like those used so well in the films when revealing the Alien & Aliens would make the Xeno ball eat one of the best looking scenes in any pin.

#9966 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If any requests can be made by the community Ferret, if its not already an idea or plan you have could you please see if its possible to make the games lighting flicker and strobe during the Xeno ball grab/eat?

Funny you should mention that... on our weekly status call two days ago, HeighwayPinball was specifically talking about that very effect. So yeah, I think that'll make it in.

#9967 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Funny you should mention that... on our weekly status call two days ago, heighwaypinball was specifically talking about that very effect. So yeah, I think that'll make it in.

Yeah I may have pm'd Andrew that suggestion/request a couple times

Great news that it's going to make the cut into the finished game, Alien just keeps getting better and better

#9968 7 years ago

Not too much strobe, please!
sincerely,
A GOT owner

#9969 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Not too much strobe, please!
sincerely,
A GOT owner

Or at least make it adjustable. I'd like it but lots of my regulars bitch about the strobing in Winter is Coming mode on GoT.

#9970 7 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

Or at least make it adjustable. I'd like it but lots of my regulars bitch about the strobing in Winter is Coming mode on GoT.

Strobing on say AFM is just right.

On GOT sunglasses are needed

#9971 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Strobing on say AFM is just right.
On GOT sunglasses are needed

That's what my eyes say too.

I'm a bit more willing to blind the player when the ball is out of play, like when the Xeno is eating it. IMHO it's not fair or fun to blind the player when they're trying to make shots (ala GOT).

#9972 7 years ago

How does the GOT strobing compare to the Pinbits lightning bolts in AC/DC?

#9973 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

How does the GOT strobing compare to the Pinbits lightning bolts in AC/DC?

GOT is worse - much more overwhelming.

#9974 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Magfest is on.
Be here till Sunday. I would love to come see the game and you if possible, but i am not counting on it . Can't wait to see what you do with this game . Knowing Brian and yourself , i am quite confident the software will be inventive and balanced.

We have a alien kit on order for our full throttle at the Sanctum Ed. Should be here in February. I'll let you know when it's on so you can come by and try it.

#9975 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

We have a alien kit on order for our full throttle at the Sanctum Ed. Should be here in February. I'll let you know when it's on so you can come by and try it.

Thanks! .. same applies to you if i get mine first!

#9976 7 years ago

Anyone planning to have have any Alien pins on play in NYC?

#9977 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone planning to have have any Alien pins on play in NYC?

AL! Pinaholic

#9978 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Thanks! .. same applies to you if i get mine first!

Awesome. I need to make it to one of your events one of these days.

#9979 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

whats up with all those screw heads on the left return ramp? in the pic it sticks out lie a sore thumb

#9980 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

whats up with all those screw heads on the left return ramp? in the pic it sticks out lie a sore thumb

When I first looked at it, my thought was that it was intended to look like rivets on a duct to simulate crawling through a duct with a flamethrower. But maybe that's just me rationalizing.

#9981 7 years ago

Quoted from Shapeshifter:On GOT sunglasses are needed

You misspelled 'Welding Glasses'

Added over 7 years ago: And I misspelled 'Welding Helmet'!!

#9982 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's missing the 2main toys and the sling toys?

#9983 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

It's missing the 2main toys and the sling toys?

Joe has everything he needs to do what he needs to do. We are taking care of the rest at the factory.

#9984 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Joe has everything he needs to do what he needs to do. We are taking care of the rest at the factory.

Stop me from buying a woz, by giving me a reliable release date. I'm weak.....not sure I can hold out much longer and I can't afford both.

#9985 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Stop me from buying a woz, by giving me a reliable release date. I'm weak.....not sure I can hold out much longer and I can't afford both.

No offense, but what could possibly be conceived as a reliable release date at this point? After being almost 2 years late, and having missed (I've lost track of how many) release dates to this point, how could anything other than "we're shipping today" be considered reliable?

I really like Heighway, and I will be purchasing Alien and Full Throttle, but I've learned to completely ignore all promises about timeframes. You need to determine whether you'd rather have WoZ or Alien and ignore that one is available today and the other is still an undetermined amount of time away.

#9986 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

how could anything other than "we're shipping today" be considered reliable?

"we are shipping the first batch and here are updated photos" would also be cool

always love seeing the photos as things come together.

#9987 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

After being almost 2 years late,

The Game was only announced 2 years ago. Quit exagerating

#9988 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

at least he didn't say it was three years late

#9989 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

It was originally supposed to ship in April 2015, not that any of us really believed Andrew on that one. I would consider that almost 2 years at this point. Would saying 21 months late make you feel better?

#9990 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Would saying 21 months late make you feel better?

maybe

I think you made my point tho. noone in their right mind believed it was going to be April 2015.
I know at least in software development 3 months is a lifetime n a product cycle

Im sill hoping we hit february

--Jeff

#9991 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It was originally supposed to ship in April 2015, not that any of us really believed Andrew on that one. I would consider that almost 2 years at this point. Would saying 21 months late make you feel better?

Much was said and discussed about Andrew's very aggressive April 2015 release date, when he announced it at Expo October 2014.

He doubled down on it many times when questioned about it. When Alien is out the door and this is all behind us, I'd love if we could get a run down of what all happened between October 2014 and "X" 2017 when it finally made it out. That would be a good podcast interview for someone.

#9992 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

maybe
I think you made my point tho. noone in their right mind believed it was going to be April 2015.
I know at least in software development 3 months is a lifetime n a product cycle
Im sill hoping we hit february
--Jeff

Unless you are Stern.

#9993 7 years ago

First post here - Table looks great and hopefully Heighway will start shipping Alien Pins soon enough but...

How comes no-one is talking about the very specific "Alien" artwork on the sides and Backboard of this table? After all this table is for both Alien & Aliens movies and I would think if it had to be one or the other a lot would prefer the Aliens Artwork on their table - but it seems like no-one is too bothered about this?

I know for the backbox it might be a little awkward trying to integrate the two movies into a singular artwork package, but at least on the side inserts it would make sense to have the Alien Logo on the left and Aliens on the right.

Maybe LE buyers will be able to get Alien's specific artwork inserts as well as the Alien ones currently shown. I mean the artwork i'm talking about has been made purposely removeable so that you can swap the artwork in and out - so why not give us both?

#9994 7 years ago

Alien is the franchise name, so it makes a lot of sense. Similarly, Stern Ghostbusters doesn't have "Ghostbusters 2" stuff on it even though (very small) portions of the game reference the second game.

However, I could certainly see the viability of an "Aliens" art package for the cab.

#9995 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Similarly, Stern Ghostbusters doesn't have "Ghostbusters 2" stuff on it even though (very small) portions of the game reference the second game.

And I think maybe that is where the difference lies? I imagine that the Aliens portion of this game will be just as big if not bigger and more focused than the Alien portion of this pin.

A lot of people might go straight into the Aliens portion of the game and I think it's a little strange for their to be Aliens movie clips playing etc. when the table does not promote the second film aesthetically and is heavily Alien associated (at least on the outside) - I know the art package on the actual board is a lot clearer representing both but I think that for people watching someone play / on the side etc. they will pick out this omission almost immediately

GB2 was a mixed bag with the fans, however Aliens is very much the opposite and could be regarded as the most popular perhaps even most associated movie in the franchise. So that's why I have brought this up because it... well it just simply sticks out.

But I understand what you are saying about Alien being the actual franchise name. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is due to some sort of licensing restriction.

#9996 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

C'mon guys. In life, the anticipation is almost more fun than the realization anyway.

I'm sure we'll see Alien shipping soonish, but getting cranky about it isn't going to change anything.

#9997 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Alien is the franchise name, so it makes a lot of sense. Similarly, Stern Ghostbusters doesn't have "Ghostbusters 2" stuff on it even though (very small) portions of the game reference the second game.
However, I could certainly see the viability of an "Aliens" art package for the cab.

I'm glad to see that Heighway is having dedicated modes for Aliens in addition to those for the first film. Being able to play through modes from both films sounds like a lot of fun and is a big draw more me as I'm a fan of deep mission based rulesets.

I think Stern dropped the ball with Ghostbusters by not featuring the second film in the games scene modes. As a result players are not only limited to playing modes based off of scenes from only the first movie but also having to play those modes in the same order over and over again...ugh.

If Ghostbusters incorporated both films into the games scene modes, each in their own ladder (like Alien), and had them all player selectable the game would be way better and more fun.

#9998 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

C'mon guys. In life, the anticipation is almost more fun than the realization anyway.

Do you really believe what you are saying???

#9999 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

How comes no-one is talking about the very specific "Alien" artwork on the sides and Backboard of this table? After all this table is for both Alien & Aliens movies and I would think if it had to be one or the other a lot would prefer the Aliens Artwork on their table - but it seems like no-one is too bothered about this?

There was plenty of talk about it earlier in this thread when the cabinet artwork was revealed.

Start reading Aurich's posts from here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tq&tu=aurich#post-2744933

#10000 7 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

I know the art package on the actual board is a lot clearer representing both but I think that for people watching someone play / on the side etc. they will pick out this omission almost immediately

I disagree. I don't think many (if any) would pick up on this. People are just getting more and more nit picky with the longer this pin takes to be officially "finished".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/200?hl=take2-take5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.