DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hazoff. You are on page 1 of 2.
#27 9 years ago

Any chance you will have a Canadian distributer like The Playdium store? I'm going to buy this pinball but man is it a pain with all the shipping and crap. Please keep us canucks in mind. Thanks

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I put Andrew in touch with Guylaine so hopefully they can work something out.

I'd like to be in touch with Guylaine, what a beautiful women.

#38 9 years ago

I'm in, waiting to see if there will be Canadian distribution but one way or another this is a must have.

#103 9 years ago

Do you guys think it's safe to wait right now on pre-ordering an LE? I want it but need to wait till Nov for cash, TWDLE, Predator and TH have done damage to the old wallet. Just don't want to lose out.

#114 9 years ago

I agree, back box and side art mean very little too me. So many people hate the Sega back box but if the game is really good who cares, I never once had a concern when I had SST. That's a great game.
This is a dream theme for me I hope these guys nail it. I'm in.

#124 9 years ago

I would have preferred photoshop on TBL, the characters and environment in the film are cool enough to be on the PF, I like the art too mind you but either would be fine as its not really what makes or breaks a pin. Look at AC/DC.

#127 9 years ago

Me too.

#164 9 years ago

I have to wait till next week for money but I'm in for an LE, Jesus I just realized with TWDLE, The Predator, THLE and now Aliens LE I'm out $30,000+ but you know what it would have disappeared slowly and to mostly senseless crap so all good and that's quite the line up.

#173 9 years ago

Come on how can't you buy an Alien themed pinball, this is my TBL I hope they nail it. All I see are those two beacons flashing in my house with that Alien tracking device that makes the great bing noise. Oh man good times

#192 9 years ago

Do you guys think I'm taking a risk waiting till Nov 1 to make payment? I'm getting a little nervous here, when it comes to pinball I have problem and can't miss out on an LE. Help me.

#197 9 years ago

I've spent enough on that too believe me.

#209 9 years ago

I have to send my form today and will be making the same request for silver metal trim and legs.

#244 9 years ago

Blondtall is right click on that link and there could be trouble, I started collecting statues from Sideshow around 2 years ago and its almost as addictive as Pinball.

DSC01131.JPGDSC01131.JPG DSC01132.JPGDSC01132.JPG DSC01133.JPGDSC01133.JPG DSC01134.JPGDSC01134.JPG DSC01135.JPGDSC01135.JPG DSC01136.JPGDSC01136.JPG
#246 9 years ago

Yeah, they all fall in the 300 to 400 hundred dollar category, but some life sized models are $8000+ I have started buying the dinosaur models which are very cool and The Court Of the Dead series as well. I have this Vader figure coming any day know. One of the great things is that you can pay in installments over several months so its not a big hit to the CC, 60 or 70$ a month.

100076-darth-vader-deluxe-012.jpg100076-darth-vader-deluxe-012.jpg

#249 9 years ago

Yeah it comes with several different heads but this one with Anakin from the original series looks the coolest by far, need to light it up.

1 week later
#306 9 years ago

I'm in #110. Oh man I haven't even seen this pin but will it ever look nice beside my Predator.

1 week later
#363 9 years ago

Great news, very excited to see the update.

2 weeks later
#375 9 years ago

Andrew will be diligent in updates, its the polite thing to do, and the British are almost as nice as us Canadians so he wouldn't want to offend anyone.

#380 9 years ago

I'm still trying to come to grips with the fact that I'm going to have a predator and Aliens pinball machine in my house with in a year, hopefully. Its just something special, with TWD finally some cool themes, man its exciting.

#382 9 years ago

Yep.

#421 9 years ago

I'll have to pay taxes, 13% and shipping unless Andrew finds a Canadian distributor. Its will easily cost me an extra grand+ to get this game. However for me totally worth it, amazing theme for pinball. I'm hoping that the trim becomes optional, not digging the lime green would rather have black powder coat. But not that a big a deal, Dennis Nordman is a great designer and I have a feeling this will be special pin.

#431 9 years ago

I love it when I can agree with RobT, I had a few questions regarding my pre order and putting some extra cash I had down, sent an email that was answered almost immediately by Andrew, a few days later another query and same thing, then I sent a thank you to his pinside contact and the next day I had a response. This company is no flash in the pan in my opinion and Dennis Nordman doing Aliens with an LCD on the playfield, amazing.

#469 9 years ago

I'm hoping for some armour options, the green is doing nothing for me. I would rather have powder coated black or silver. Going to be a rough next few months waiting to see this pin, at least I know we will get regular updates. Aliens LE #110

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are planning an update for the first week of December.

Hope this happens, could be any day.

1 week later
#510 9 years ago

Yeah, a Canadian distributor would be nice as well.

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

boob beach.jpg 41 KB

That's just lovely.

#526 9 years ago

Great layout.

#537 9 years ago

Even if the toys aren't spectacular but that layout comes to life and flows well, damn its interesting not to mention the playfield LCD and of course its Aliens, the original was on the other day, so great I actually like it better than the second, except no Bill Paxton. As long as Andrew doesn't try to make it family friendly and kill the horror. Those films are intense and the pin should represent that, like TWD which didn't really integrate theme well, I like it but I don't really watch the show, point being with the exception of the shit hillbilly one liners, and Stern's terrible attempts at humour its graphic and a little evil. Lime green armor needs to go.

2 weeks later
#637 9 years ago

Any chance of a Canadian distributer? That would be great.

3 weeks later
#665 9 years ago

I'm not a racing guy or into cars and motorcycles but man this game looks great and I would love to have one, I'll wait for my Aliens but very excited for that considering how beautiful FThrottle looks. Heighway is going to become a real contender I believe. Fantastic.

untitled.pnguntitled.png
1 week later
#684 9 years ago

Looks nice.

#740 9 years ago

photo shopped, drawn, using water colours, who cares its Aliens. Tough to screw up and I'm just glad its being made.

2 weeks later
#784 9 years ago

I'm fine with Xmas 2015, just take your time and make it great. If I can get this with in a year of my pre-order then I will be very happy, looks great.

2 weeks later
#826 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I got sucked into watching Alien 3 last night. I know it's got problems, but I have to admit, I enjoy it still.

I enjoy them all but the original Alien is the best one for me. I was excited for Predator but this pin is by far the most exciting for me as firstly its actually going to happen (still hoping Predator is a go but I'm losing faith) and Heighway seems to be the real deal Holyfield. Full Throttle looks great, with the Alien theme should be amazing and I'm loving Andrew's community spirit.

#835 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And that's why much of Aliens score sounds just like Wrath of Khan.

Which is a great thing.

2 weeks later
#930 9 years ago

Just to confirm - our games are fully swappable between cabinets, whether they are SE's or LE's
We will have a full 'Alien Pinball' update for you this coming Friday

Thanks Andrew.

#934 9 years ago

Artwork would be great to see, i'm really looking forward to hearing some music and SFX as well.

1 month later
#1018 8 years ago

When can we expect an Alien update?

4 weeks later
#1058 8 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#1079 8 years ago

Spinners have become more important to me, should always be at least one in a game but I would prefer alot more. Aliens spinner with the gun sound effect sound great too me.

#1082 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Problem with spinners is they don't do the cool things they did "back in the day" for the most part

Excactly, time to bring them back, I enjoyed the spinner on my STLE very much but they do need more consideration, SFX and lighting go a long way to making the spinners special on a pin and yes more to do with scoring.

3 weeks later
#1130 8 years ago

I really like Aliens but the original just has something special going on, best of the all the films for me but then again I love Star Trek The motion Picture and a lot of folk disliked that film, not better than Khan but close. Who am I kidding I love them all.

#1141 8 years ago

Any idea's of when we can expect some updates? I would love see some artwork.

#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Full Throttle has much more of a European target. Motorcycle racing theme in America? I don't think it matters how good the game is, I think the theme is a turn off for most. Kind of like Mustang.

I agree, not that it won't sell in the US and Canada but Aliens is the pin that's going to really put Heighway on the map. I might buy a FullT playfield down the road but for now its all about those green blooded bastards, can't wait.

#1287 8 years ago
Quoted from jackSparrow:

On the subject of 'classic horror movies' like Alien, does anyone like the original Poltergeist movie?

Right up there with some of my favorite films of all time, I was born in 74 so the 80's sci/fi and horror films will always have a special connection with me and I don't know what it is but even with all the HD and CGI etc. I find these films to be much more authentic, not sure why? I would rather watch Close encounters than most modern alien films or Poltergiest to the trash horror films of today. JMO

#1291 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tell you what man, I love pinball in so many ways. The 1980 Bally games make my heart beat faster. Just seeing them makes me happy. They're just right, the art, the sounds, the rules, the gameplay: just a real raw simplicity that's still extra challenging to actually master, and keeps you coming back. I keep my games on 5 ball, and the games still fly by in a 4 player match. Especially on my Flash Gordon!

You are correct Sir.

#1387 8 years ago

Please Andrew no custom quotes related to pinball, there are humourous line in Aliens, Paxton mainly that could work well but that should be it.

#1443 8 years ago

Can't wait, artwork please.

alien_012.jpgalien_012.jpg

305020-i.jpg305020-i.jpg

#1446 8 years ago

I screwed it up during an edit, its back.

1 week later
#1503 8 years ago

Looks great but as a spinner fan I must request one at the N orbit shot, just saying 2 spinners is always better than one, with plasma rifle SFX ofcourse. Amazing thank you Andrew, really looking forward to this pin. Alien LE #110

#1543 8 years ago

I'm really hoping you can get a different color trim for the LE, not into the green and would much prefer black or chrome. That would make swapping game PF's down the road alot better.

#1562 8 years ago

I'm almost postive that my Aliens LE will stay as a stand alone pin but I still would much rather have Black or Chrome. I would rather the standard edition armor than green.

1 week later
#1664 8 years ago

I agree 100%. Full Throttle while a nice game isn't a theme thats really popular over here and Aliens is the pin the will put Heighway on the map.

1 week later
#1699 8 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

Translight was mainly egg, framed with Geigeresque art, all in green hue.

I like the sound of that, I'm really hoping for very little in the way of actors form the films on the playfield and cab, keep it creepy, thats the ticket.

Alien_20Colonial20Marines20Concept20artwork20Queen20Lair.jpgAlien_20Colonial20Marines20Concept20artwork20Queen20Lair.jpg

alien4-6-03-09ah.jpgalien4-6-03-09ah.jpg

alien_queen_by_ashasylum.jpgalien_queen_by_ashasylum.jpg

#1709 8 years ago

dogday-phonecall.jpgdogday-phonecall.jpg

1 week later
#1736 8 years ago

Did u pre-order? You don't have to you know and if the wait is a hassle then get out of it, I did with TH as I lost interest and received a full refund, doubtful I would do that with Aliens unless it became ridiculous but a year isn't too bad and I think we will see something soon. Just saying no reason for complaints as you don't have to pre-order and you can get out of it anytime, Predator was something to complain about, or JPOP.

#1739 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Lol, here we go again. If you're not a pre-order you can't have an opinion, huh? Tough.

I was just asking, don't care if you did or not. I know for myself if I didn't then I couldn't care less how long production takes, i'm not in on TBL and do not care when its released, hope everyone gets their game but otherwise not important what so ever to me. Take it easy fella.

#1788 8 years ago

The guy has had some of the best communication with his customers,released a game that is now being delivered with Aliens as his second release which is an amazing theme and still within a year of being announced people are already bitching about its release date. If at this time next year I don't have my Aliens LE then I will start to panic but for now WTF?

#2031 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yep, and don't forget, Andrew has 2 more major licensed titled themes they are currently working on to showcase after Alien.

Predator would be nice, using both films. I really like the second one.

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Rooting for that one heavily, but then may want an LE to go next to Alien........ahhhhh

Well ofcourse, no other choice really. I can't think of a better side by side pair of pins. Well maybe Slayer and Motorhead.

#2037 8 years ago

Running man or Total Recall

#2058 8 years ago

I still can't hear or say 2 weeks without thinking of Total Recall, if fact I can't even say it properly, it always comes out a little strange, twoooooooo weeeeeeks. What a great film, one of my favorites.

total-recall-two-weeks-490.jpgtotal-recall-two-weeks-490.jpg

#2081 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That or the Money Pit:

Another favorite of mine, "I just thought she was good looking wool" classic

tumblr_ljvv7wzRed1qa9siqo1_500.giftumblr_ljvv7wzRed1qa9siqo1_500.gif

#2103 8 years ago

Only cartoons worth doing are Japanamation films. Just saw a great Punisher done it that style, it was awesome. South Park and Simpsons, no thanks. JMO

#2130 8 years ago

I'm ok with paying a little more for polished chrome as an option, black powder coat would also be nice.

#2151 8 years ago

I like chrome but to be honest I think a nice black finish would be great for Alien too, either way its better than green.

#2155 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not giving anything away, I have not discussed this with Andrew. But personally a gloss black with a metallic sparkle in it would probably be my choice if I had my way. Which happens to be the finish on my car too ...

and underpants Aurich? nothing wrong with it, I myself enjoy a silver with metallic sparkle for my underpants, this is a real photo of me by the way.

2 weeks later
#2211 8 years ago

I pretty much like them all, Alien and Aliens are my favorites but I still enjoyed the rest of the films and I like Prometheus too, it wasn't bad at all. I prefer Sci fi thats more atmospheric than action, Alien will always be the best of the bunch.

1 week later
#2342 8 years ago

Oh boy, does this mean I'm going to see some Alien artwork after this Expo?

#2348 8 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Sigourney Weaver is soooo hot for not being your typical "hot chick".

Thats what makes her hot, typical hot isn't my style at all, its boring but Sigourney is great, kinda like Holly Hunter or Frances McDormand, I fell in love with Sigourney in Ghostbuster's and its lasted well into Galaxy Quest and right into Vamps, love her.

#2406 8 years ago

I already paid for the small one so it won't be much more to upgrade and its Aliens for christs sake, how couldn't you upgrade to full size LCD, it would be just plain wrong.

#2413 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I remember reading about how they weren't going for a JJP approach with constantly looping video clips, but more of an atmospheric and helpful UI approach for the player.

I really hope so, I wouldn't want mass movie clips, some yeah but keep it simple, keep it dark and creepy.

#2483 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

I agree. The Alien on the back-box is a better image. The pinball is called Alien, not Green Egg.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more, the egg for me is iconic and refelects the best film of the series, its beautiful.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#2501 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I think the big LCD makes the small LCD in the backbox obsolete?
I really would like to know this as I have the small LCD on order and that could be a waste of money.

What? Its one or the other, I have a small pre-ordered for my LE but will upgrade when available for sure.

#2512 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just a guess, but can't imagine needing two screens on the back box..

Yeah, no way the small and large LCD is on the backbox simultaneously, is everyone but me on something powerful today? If so I want some......

256dc0030b4f8e71f4eda58529ccd8cd.jpg256dc0030b4f8e71f4eda58529ccd8cd.jpg

#2626 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

For the preorder folks:
If Heighway removed the playfield screen but gave you the small screen in backglass as an included feature but offered the large screen as an upgrade, would this be a deal breaker?

No, but it would be dissapointing, and its not going to happen so who cares really?

1 week later
#2689 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

it would be cool to not hear cute one-liners in this game actually. these are sci-fi/horror movies. if i want to laugh I watch comedies.

Yep.

3 weeks later
#2909 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The standard back glass art is.... zzzzzzz.

I think it looks amazing, nice and simple with a glowing egg from the best film of the entire series. Pure and simple yet menacing, JMO.

#2919 8 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Hmm...I'm starting to feel like I might be the only one that actually wants the smaller backbox lcd along with cool LE art.....

I'm leaning that way myself, if the display is only going to shown score and a few minor animations then I'm staying with the small backbox LCD for sure. I need to see more before I can decide..

3 weeks later
#3035 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I'm torn on getting either backbox screen that simply mirrors the playfield one. If Heighway could share some concrete plans (even if its just a planned update down the road) as to whether that screen will have unique content, it would make this decision easier.

I'm torn on whether or not to get the large LCD if it only mirrors the PF one, I would almost rather see the backbox art with the smaller extra screen, its really only me playing the game 90% of the time so I don't care about on lookers, I guess its pointless until we see animations and all that anyway.

#3068 8 years ago

I buy the LE because I have no time to order armor and mods and wait for them then install them, just bring me the game loaded, Aliens is a theme for my taste that is a must for the best possible example I can get direct from the manufacturer, case closed.

#3105 8 years ago

It is crap that they make everyone wait on what should be a simple process to approve some artwork, I know Andrew would love to show us and I'm ready, in fact I need something soon to keep my interest going, Fox big shots being pretentious. Bastards

12289565_10153830454618086_8338017402427733979_n.jpg12289565_10153830454618086_8338017402427733979_n.jpg

#3114 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And suspect once Alien arrives, you may not want to compare those #'s to AMH....

I wouldn't compare AMH to the 10 even, hope all that bought it like it but I would much rather have FTH. Aliens will be the pin that really puts Heighway on the map.

#3131 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's simple: FTH only has appeal in Europe where motorcycle racing exists. Nobody in the states cares. Haunted House? That's a universal theme. There are ghosts everywhere!!!!!

Yeah but that game like RZ and I'm sorry if this offends the owners looks like it was made in a garage, the ghost is right off the boo berry box and the voice work/animation is just awful, FTH at least is a serious pinball machine, not a theme I'm interested in but would consider picking up a playfield down the road. The comparison of FTH and AMH is ridiculous, its like comparing these guys.

twins_2181674b.jpgtwins_2181674b.jpg

#3168 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The beauty of the Heighway system is if Alien is the huge hit everyone expects it to be, it will create sleeper demand for Full Throttle, for people picking up the playfield upgrade. It doesn't need to be a huge hit out of the gates. No one says the game sucks, so in time it can find an audience

Another thing is that an original racing theme for me anyway is more appealing than a film or TV seriers that I don't follow, GOT looks great but like TWD or even Star Trek and I love Star trek but only with the original cast I had a tough time getting into it and those pins don't have any lastability for me as a result. Aliens LE will be tough to part with and most likely will never leave the collection but I backed out of TH because I don't watch or like those films, it wouldn't have lasted long as a result. JMO mind you, to each his own.

#3226 8 years ago

Heighway should do The Running Man or Total recall next, Blade runner is another one that would be amazing.

#3238 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Agreed. The Star Wars "title" was desired but the implementation was not. It was less pinball and more a bunch of movie clips with Jar Jar Binks making your life miserable.

I agree, I had both the p2000's and really liked RFM but SWars wasn't all that great, If it had been based on the OG trilogy I think a lot more would have sold, that first Star wars movie stunk, I did like the third installment, great fights and much darker. What a great idea but they blew it with themes. JMO anyway. Surprised that no one has attempted to rehash that style, make the pin playfield full sized and with LCD you could have a much smaller bacbox, maybe even a widebodied game.

#3245 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

This has been covered before, but Pinball 2000 was never meant to be 'swappable' in the consumer sense. It was designed to easily accept 'conversion' kits. This includes cabinet decals that were never meant to be swapped (this may have also included changing the back box MoBo - unsure). The idea being that you could buy a route machine and convert it one or twice at a cheaper cost than buying a new game each time (also easier repair as the video above points out). Subtle but important difference. Highway pins are designed to swipe out back and forth at will - art and all.

I would be fine with a generic cabinet that said Heighway Pinball or even nothing at all, Stern aswell, then I could change the PF and backglass and I have a new pin to play, I can't see the sides on most of my pins anyway, maybe have the option of removable side art but its not that important, I would love to have TWD and ST in storage then grab a GOT pre PF right now, play the shit out of it and easily go back to TWD, I would actually end up buying more games due to space saving and cost, not to mention the ease of trading and swapping with a friend. I think this will happen in time, I hope so. I tend to play the newest pin in my collection the most anyway, Heighway has the right idea for sure, lets hope the other guys catch on.

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Would love to, anytime Heighway wants to show something. If no serious showings by spring I'm out. Already a year+ late, I can understand folks frustration. Enthusiasm wains with time.

Yep, I hate to say it but I'm already starting to lose that enthusiasm, say what you will with regards to Stern but I like hearing about a pin then within weeks seeing pics and within months owning the thing or at least seeing full gameplay videos, need something soon.

#3328 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If it shows then...awesome..if not...I'm still not going anywhere...I want this machine...the wait will be worth it.

Ofcourse you're right, I'm not going anywhere either but due to my lack of patience its just a drag that they can't even show small bits here and there, a molded toy or playfield art, I know they can't but just that little tease would amuse me for months. Same thing happened with Predator in terms of frustration then the gameplay video was released and I was back in 100%, the good news is this will not end like that shitshow. How could you back out of this theme? not easy and me and Underlord will still be here even if its not revealed in a few months, the trouble is that its such an amzing theme for a pin I just need to see it, play it, Damn pinball.

#3335 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Shut up man! You're playing my hand bro! Ever heard of bluffing????

Damn Pinball again, I damn thee.

18001_10153235092788086_4056455109238693746_n_(resized).jpg18001_10153235092788086_4056455109238693746_n_(resized).jpg

#3359 8 years ago

When can I upgrade from the 10 inch back box display to the 27" for my LE?

#3527 8 years ago

When it comes to a theme like Aliens I wouldn't care if was photo shopped pics from the films or simple generic art via ST and GOT, the sounds and gameplay are what rule for me, I doubt artwork is going to deter anyone from buying this pin.

#3548 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm much more surprised people committed to an 8K+ LE completely sight unseen.

I think I can explain it, at least for me in a sea of TV shows and films that I don't follow, super hero's that do nothing for me and old rock bands which I include RZ in that I don't listen to and never will its very rare that a theme comes up in pinball as cool as Aliens. Predator is in that realm as would be Blade Runner, Slayer, Running Man/Total recall, Robocop (done properly) etc. I gladly paid for a LE in full, who knows how long it will take before I get another pin with a cool theme. OK, Ghostbusters and Starwars are coming, TWD and ST are good themes but plaqued to some degree with Sternitis disease, JMO mind you.

#3599 8 years ago

Bought direct from Heighway, Aliens LE #110

#3619 8 years ago

Aliens is a theme that commands mood lighting, I hope we see something special in that regard.

#3761 8 years ago

For me this is the most imporant and most impressive pic of them all, I love the amount of multiball modes and general games modes, PF art looks good as I prefer more ambience than a ton of pics and squeezed in art, I think once its populated its going to come together real nice, very happy with the star filled background.

c8a4ae6308886b08ae5ebd94b8350e1becba63fc_(resized).jpgc8a4ae6308886b08ae5ebd94b8350e1becba63fc_(resized).jpg

#4016 8 years ago

Lets be honest theme is very important, I'm not buying TH or WOZ regardless of the display or PF art as I don't enjoy those films, If I was a RZ fan I would probably be able to see the good in that artwork because I don't see any as is. Back to Alien, what I'm really enjoying about this is that its getting better the more I look at it and that's a sign of good art.

#4062 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

I've add my own interpretation to the artwork and photoshopped the original by deleting the 'cartoon' elements and non-core element like the badges, flames, text and some color splatter around the space ships.

Yep, the only thing I don't like about it as well.

#4174 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Blade runner after Alien.. Bigger than Huge.

Yes please, then Running man or Total Recall, wait...Robocop based on 1 and 2, Nuke multiball, Oh Man

robocop%203%20Nuke%20Vials_(resized).jpgrobocop%203%20Nuke%20Vials_(resized).jpg

robocop2-03_(resized).jpgrobocop2-03_(resized).jpg

#4238 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I hope Aurich wasn't scared to put humans on the playfield so to avoid the photoshop actors comments.

I hope he was, I love that its simple and some themes really lend themselves to that style, this is one of them, I liked ST for that reason as well, gameplay/sound/lighting are what really matters so if they are on point then who cares about the art, we all know many games that have shit artwork but as long as its over shadowed by the gameplay then that can be over looked, the opposite doesn't work, Space Invaders is a prime example of that.

#4278 8 years ago

damn

#4279 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh... No images of actors, no video of actors, no call outs from actors. That's going to be a deal breaker.

Even if that ends up being the case then its not that bad of thing as I would prefer Alien is treated like a survival pin (TWD) where I am in the position of being a crew member or a marine and in my own battle, clips are important sure but I don't really need to see any of the actors, its going to be interesting to see how this all comes together. You know in the video game world this happens a lot and it might be cool to implement this style more into pinball, use the alien theme but make your own story, create something OG and still have the power of the liscense at the same time, even Blade Runner which I'm hoping is made some day but would it be so bad to have a new story, your a Blade Runner in that world with new replicants to hunt etc. Thats a lot more freedom for the designer and everyone invovled. Just a thought.

#4319 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't need the cast represented on the playfield but clips and callouts from the movie need to be used. Please make it so.

I agree, I want the call outs and clips but it won't be deal breaker for me if they are absent, what will be is if the call outs are custom and go the route of Stern with bad humour and bad pinball references, If the TWD hadn't had that adj that allowed one to attenuate the hillbilly it would have lasted a matter of weeks.

#4410 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She isn't much to look at (and is a bit of a dog),

What

600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg600full-sigourney-weaver_(resized).jpg

#4412 8 years ago

and What again.

tumblr_meeqanfEb71rj28rmo4_1280_(resized).jpgtumblr_meeqanfEb71rj28rmo4_1280_(resized).jpg

Sigourney-Weaver-Teases-Ripley-Return-In-Fifth-Alien-Movie_(resized).jpgSigourney-Weaver-Teases-Ripley-Return-In-Fifth-Alien-Movie_(resized).jpg

#4414 8 years ago

I'm 5'7" and have a soft spot for tall beauties.

#4464 8 years ago

I have to say something here, I understand the desire for proper representation of the theme being displayed in the art and plastics but in the end its the sound, lighting and flow, rules and general gameplay that makes or breaks a pin so who cares if the loader isn't there, or Ripley is no where to be seen? I personally couldn't care less. Watching that future pin Aliens video gave me a slight indication of how amazing this theme is and what the possibilites are, once we are hearing those pulse rifles, Aliens screams with frantic music none of this art shit is going to matter much, by the way I love the PF art Aurich, I thank you for not making it a cluttered mess of actors and props from the films.

1 week later
#4586 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

It's simple, Licensed pin =3 years

I think ur right for the most part, I'll wait 3 years for Aliens cause its Aliens but I don't know how anyone could do this without it being a dream theme. Its just bad for the manufacture as I see it, I paid in full for TH around a year ago or so and lost interest pretty fast due to the wait and due to the fact that I don't follow that franchise at all, he would have had my money if it was released on time. I'm hoping to have Aliens in the house by 2017, hopefully the wait will be worth it.

2 weeks later
#4621 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

rumor has it Sigourney Weaver is only offering her likeness to 1 of up-coming pins. either Ghostbusters or Aliens...

I hope its GB's, would like Aliens to stay as generic as possible. Love the PF for this very reason, zero pictures of the cast.

#4628 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Yes generic and lets change the name of it to "Space Creature Things" to make sure that it doesn't become and actual Aliens pinball.

You missed the point completely, I'm not interested in corny one liners and pictures on the plastics/PF etc. Aliens for me is about the creature and the tension/thrill all that good stuff, I'll enjoy clips from the films, and sure some lines from the films too but they do not impact gameplay for me and really over time could become tedious, sometimes less is more, but I understand where you're coming from and hey I would be all over "Space Creature things" sounds great.

#4648 8 years ago

I liked Prometheus, it was a cool movie when you take into consideration the crap that is mostly put out these days. I thought the special FX were cool and the story wasn't bad. What exactly is the complaint most people had with it?

#4652 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Some people don't get impressed by movies that simply don't suck as bad as other movies. Also, good special effects don't mean anything....I only notice bad ones these days

Nothing vague about that, a little more please?

#4673 8 years ago

If the fact that the science isn't perfectly sound and some of the characters contridict themselves in a film about Aliens and weird organic fluids and things that gestate inside a being then pop out of their chest aren't exact is the reason to hate this film then...I don't know what to say. I never noticed that and kinda happy that I didn't, I don't know how you can watch any SciFi films under that context.

#4675 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

SciFi by definition is fiction based on science. If the writers can't even keep simple facts straight then it's a fantasy. And what's up with all the sound in space these days!!? Can you hear me scream!

What is this half wits? ok time to stop this debate and once you put fiction in the title then the science can be anything you want, its a film not a documentary, anyway back to Aliens, I need some kinda update soon, maybe a toy or something. Thanks

half-wits-hero_(resized).jpghalf-wits-hero_(resized).jpg

#4747 8 years ago

Can't wait. Looks amazing, thanks Andrew

#4809 8 years ago

Lighting/Sound, gameplay and rules are what are going to make a pinball machine great, then PF art and display and cab art is all extra, who cares, look at a IM, AC/DC, Tron, many, many B/W with terrible art but man the gameplay is there. I love the planets around the PF display and really love the Alien by the flippers, I like it all. Its Aliens for F sake.

#4814 8 years ago

Not the 2 that this pin is based on...Apparently the mood around here is to just be happy with what you do get, and if you don't like it, Don't buy it!

100% correct, it will not affect the pin for me at all if I don't see Ripley, she is so far down the list of reasons I want an Alien pinball machine, firstly its the Aliens then the survival aspect and hopefully frantic music/sfx that come with it, I do not need to see her nor do I care to hear call outs. JMO

1 week later
#4900 8 years ago

Starting to feel tingly in my special no no place.

#4904 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Sounds like a South Park reference

from Clifford, one of my favorites.

#4978 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

I wouldn't bother a lot of the spotlight will understandably be on Ghostbusters.
Let Alien have its day when it's complete

In my world and having grown up with GB's it still doesn't even come close to a theme like Aliens with relation to pinball and really anything else, show whatever you can please, best pinball theme to date my friends.

1 week later
#5001 8 years ago

I think GB's looks awesome but the theme still has nothing on Aliens, the ghostbusters song will playing in the background and Sterns usual terrible voice over work will be present as well, not saying I'm not looking forward to playing it and maybe even owning a Pre one day but for me Heighway is secure with my Alien order, one thing he said in that podcast I thought was foolish is that Alien is in trouble, if someone jumps ship from Aliens to GB's then they weren't worthy of owning it in the first place. Looking forward to the next update.

#5077 8 years ago

Whats amazing to me is that pinsiders will rip the shit out of a game based on cabinet and PF and backglass without seeing gameplay and obviously vice versa when really sound/lighting, rules and gameplay is what will make or break the game, I can't imagine the gameplay in GB's being bad but WTF? Sorry but the GB's theme and a film that really was a childhood classic and remains kinda kiddie in a way verses Sci Fi horror with the all the elements that come with that is a pinball dream, I do like GB's but I'm also 41 years old and for me there is no comparison, Alien is quite simply the coolest theme to date for me, and seeing FThrottle in action makes me very excited as to the potential not too mention Andrew's love of the seriers, glad both are being made but man its night and day, in a sea of mostly family friendly crap I for one am greatfull.

1 week later
#5180 8 years ago

1 week later
#5281 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Good things take time , anything rushed usually shows

Correct, please take ur time as this really is a special theme for many of us in the pin community which is rife with family friendly themes, GB's looks great and while not a fan of TH layout and gameplay it is a stunner but fantasy and super heros, comedies and old bands just can't compare for me anyway to Sci Fi horror, TWD was such a breath of fresh air and Aliens should be greatness so lets relax and focus, no rushing just concentrating on making a mood of both terror and suspense with all the bells and whistles, then on to Predator I hope based on 1 and 2. Thanks Andrew

1 week later
#5311 8 years ago

Any idea on when we are getting an update? Need something.

#5334 8 years ago

I love Zen pinball but its a videogame not pinball, it would the same as comparing real bowling or golf vs the videogame, I can't do my dance moves when making intricate shots, I can't push the pin then curse and walk away so many key elements are lost in the transition even with a full sized virtual pin cab its miles apart so the first thing is to treat virtual and real pinball as they should be completely different experiences and then enjoy both, do I want future pinball machines to emulate what we get from Zen in real physical form? well certainly but for now I'm happy having both.

apple-and-orange_(resized).jpgapple-and-orange_(resized).jpg

#5362 8 years ago

The AVP looks cool but I like Aurichs PF more than the 2 Zen Alien PF's.

#5370 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Why not open a new thread about Zen pinball? This is under the subforum "Heighway Pinball" so I think it is a little derailing/off topic/disrespectful to talk about Zen pinball here

Hate to say this and wish it wasn't the case but this happens when theres nothing to discuss regarding the pin itself, I need something soon, getting restless.

#5434 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Moonwalker, Space Fury, and Super Sprint are the few vids I'm still looking for

I'll let you know if I ever decide to sell mine.

f9e6297ff52e143010637b921b46027704097b29_(resized).jpgf9e6297ff52e143010637b921b46027704097b29_(resized).jpg

#5438 8 years ago

Does Alien have a spinner? If not it certainly should.

#5444 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What, only one spinner I'm out.

I'd love 3 myself.

1 week later
#5527 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Love the shirt Jeff ! I have the same one .

Me too.

#5532 7 years ago

#5571 7 years ago

Unfortunately this is what happens when theres nothing relevant to discuss, I need an update, I know Andrew's hands are tied with things being approved by Fox but really hoping something is shown soon, ever so slightly losing interest, just a tiny little bit but thats how it starts.

1 week later
#5625 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

She turned 48 last Saturday.

If a women has taken care of herself then 48 is a great age, I've seen many 50+ women that are simply stunning, also they know what they want and take it, also stunning, loved mature women when I was a young man and still do today.

MV5BMTI0MDkxMDA0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE1MjA4MQ@@__V1_SX640_SY720__(resized).jpgMV5BMTI0MDkxMDA0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE1MjA4MQ@@__V1_SX640_SY720__(resized).jpg

#5631 7 years ago

Why does anyone care about this thread going off topic when there is no news to report anyway regarding Aliens, i'm thankfull for it as at least it keeps it on the first page, christ if we only posted things relevant to the pin then there would nothing at all, these posts will be long forgotten once we see gameplay and real pics of the pin and toys etc. for now attractive mature women is a nice way to keep it alive so take this, all over 50.

50sharon_(resized).jpg50sharon_(resized).jpg

sexiest-women-over-50-u2_(resized).jpgsexiest-women-over-50-u2_(resized).jpg

#5647 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Because this is the official Alien thread and every time there is new activity, we need to check if there is anything relevant. There is no "meaningless babe post warning" on the front page.

You will know when the video drops, if you see 25 or even 50 new posts then it most likely isn't anything tangible, a video of Aliens flipping and this thread will be on fire, I want nothing more than to get back on track but theres nothing.

#5671 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

and please get back on-topic?

Ok, then you start with something on topic, I would rather keep this thread alive with crap than it dying a slow death with zero info, I'm with ya but man for the first time I'm starting to lose interest, not backing out but need something,

#5677 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

hahahahahahaha
E se só para chatear eu começar a escrever em Português contigo?
Só para encher o tópico com ainda mais lixo

I think I better make believe I don't understand any of that.

#5681 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

O pessoal vai ficar doido!

Si

#5691 7 years ago

Thanks Andrew.

#5731 7 years ago

Thats all I needed to know, 3 months and we should have some major updates, gameplay, pics etc. Its hard to wait when ur told maybe Alien Day or hopefully soon after and nothing transpires, now that I know, its all good.

#5743 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

The Hobbit is terrible, an unreleased Alien pin is still better than that thing. Its only now starting to become overdue regardless of what was promised as we all knew April/15 wasn't going to happen, when it reaches April 2018 then it will be that years Hobbit.

#5751 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plenty of things. A great theme does not a pinball make.

Yeah but its a big factor, I would say on location I'm not too picky when it comes to theme, FT and CFTBL are fun pinball machines but they will never be part of my collection so its kinda important, I don't care for Kiss as a band and thusly no time for the pinball but if I was part of the Kiss army it would be here and I would find the good within as many Hobbit owners are doing right now, I've owned few that weren't themes I dug but gave the pin a chance and they did not last too long, why? theme, if you dislike Met or AC/DC do they really have any longevity, man I'm grumpy today, signing off........

#5763 7 years ago

Maybe its time to close this thread and revisit it in a few months, I got the info needed from Andrew and will have to be patient, no doubt this pin is coming and will be amazing amongst mostly themes geared to children and the elderly finally Sci Fi Horror, don't cheese it Andrew, keep it cool.

#5809 7 years ago

Really this thread should now be in a coma like state for the next 3 months, nothing left to discuss, Andrew gave us the timeline and thats cool, 3 months isn't bad. Alien isn't a theme where most of us r going to lose interest becasue of delay's, I just want to know when and what to expect, TH as a theme isn't even close and while I enjoy TBL it also is not in the same league thus the lack of interest, be back in few.

Aliens-Queen_13_(resized).jpgAliens-Queen_13_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#6089 7 years ago

Wow a real battle of wits going on here, who gives a shit just wait a few months.

#6173 7 years ago

This is my last post till aug, I don't care what Aurich did to Kaneda if anything and vice versa, I don't mind delays because I'm sure its happening and for me its been a year and a half since my deposit which isn't bad, the main thing is after seeing FullT and knowing Andrew is an Alien enthusiast I just don't see it being shitty, infact quite the opposite, its fucking Aliens. Now for some that might not be a big deal but for me and many out there its major, I like GB's but it was a film that was most popular to me when I was a preteen, TH and TBL do nothing for me as almost all current themes, at least Stern tried something cool with TWD but then theres a SciFi Horror pin like Aliens coming which is really a rarity in this hobby and something so special for those of us who have to endure all this family friendly horseshit, I mean I can understand the thread derailing before Andrew stated 3 months to a reveal but now its just foolish, I think its time for the mods to close this guy down and start fresh maybe mid July or so. Andrew stick to the license parameters and take ur time, I read the JJP threads for #3 and #4 with things like Toy Story and Harry Potter, then Stern with Aerosmith and while I like Star wars the lastest installment didn't leave me too excited for a pin, TBL and Dominos come on man, I'm glad some who like those themes are getting a pin they want but again, its fucking Aliens.

1 week later
#6357 7 years ago

Virtua Fighter 5
best fighting game

lei-fei_(resized).jpglei-fei_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#6437 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Discussion of Alien sound starts at 36:45.

Even from that small tidbit of sound I became a little aroused, going to be greatness.

#6456 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remembering hearing how great GB was going to be and a sure fire all time classic.

Comparing GB's and Aliens with regards to themes for pinball is like comparing the films, one is happy lets catch some ghosts and the other is Sci Fi Horror/Action, just the music on that short clip for me is already better than anything I've seen on GB's, its fucking Aliens. Is there a chance gameplay will be so bad that it will make this pin shit, I think not but I guess its possible.

#6461 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't.
I'm not commenting on that...I strictly saying this is another thing that's a slam dunk all time winner. I mean...watching a video of the prototype had more tension than watching the movies...talk aboot monkeys flying out of some ones ass.

I know and I was using ur post as a loose example, my meaning is that the two are so far apart they just shouldn't be mentioned as a comparison, that sounds foolish and it is because when it comes to Aliens vs just about any other theme to date I'm fucking stupid.

hqdefault_(resized).jpghqdefault_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#6585 7 years ago

Who gives a shit about Newt? If she was left out of this pin I wouldn't care at all, who the hell associates the Aliens films with Newt? Lets keep it in the adult realm please, Sci Fi Horror. Newt

#6587 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

she was an impactful element in aliens but hopefully it will be done tastefully limiting the references/callouts. we dont need another Amy. I am confident it will be done the right way based on what I have seen from this group at heighway so far

I know and I'm not against her being in the game but if there's an element to this theme that could left out and not cause an issue for me then that's it for sure.

#6590 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Kids in horror movies suck.

There are exceptions

12842559_10154078673558086_1364872151_o_(resized).jpg12842559_10154078673558086_1364872151_o_(resized).jpg

exorcist_(resized).jpgexorcist_(resized).jpg

kids-of-horror-movies-where-are-they-now-u2_(resized).jpgkids-of-horror-movies-where-are-they-now-u2_(resized).jpg

#6601 7 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have never seen the exorcist.

The Exorcist took a piece of heart and The Exorcist 3 took what was left, both should be high on ur list of must see's.

look-back-exorcist-3-1990-842275_(resized).jpglook-back-exorcist-3-1990-842275_(resized).jpg

#6617 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exorcist 3 - very underrated, one of the best sound designs IMO, watch it every October, end suffers a touch as there were some reshoots ordered. Still waiting for a Directors cut that was announced last year I think?

Me too

Quoted from rcbrown316:

piece of heart? and what about excorcist 2? will my outlook on humanity and eventually my avatar change to something like yours after I watch 'em?

I'm a major original StarTrek fan series and films so ur avatar could stay the same, forget about #2 but 1 and 3 Exorcist films are really quite good all around movies not just because of the evilness yet for me it helps a lot.

#6691 7 years ago

I agree with Underlord.

#6693 7 years ago

#6696 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

39 new posts and nothing new.

Well that's no reason to post a picture of a tranny there wont be anything new till mid aug so its going be this stuff for a while, I try to stay away but seeing "Alien Pinball" in the forum threads pulls me back in.

eGhxeTFjMTI=_o_just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in_(resized).jpgeGhxeTFjMTI=_o_just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in_(resized).jpg

#6698 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's Traci Bingham. And if she's a tranny, I'm switching teams.

I know it was a joke but sometimes it can be confusing.

1 week later
#6733 7 years ago

Hopefully a month away from a reveal of this pin, I need it.

#6752 7 years ago

I hope Predator is one of the future releases.

#6829 7 years ago

Its additional, $550

#6849 7 years ago

For me unless the gameplay is awful which I just can't imagine this will be the best pinball ever made, like I said for me as its Aliens and even from the small snipit of audio I'm left overly excited. Oh boy I can't wait to see a flipping game, hopefully a month away.

3 weeks later
#7002 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

We are here! It should be any day now.

I think we are looking at early to mid Oct before we see anything.

#7008 7 years ago

The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point,

end of month then waiting for approval so doubtful we will see the video before Oct, in my opinion not going to happen but whats a few more weeks.

#7032 7 years ago

Mr68 why do you care? I'm paid in full and don't care at all so I'm just curious as to ur motive here.

#7128 7 years ago

3 weeks later
#7374 7 years ago

I'm going Black and I'm talking trim here not men.

#7449 7 years ago

No one knows what the next Stern will be priced at, this is a specialty item from what I'm getting and a theme that the comic book, pinhead, lets build a robot geeks love to death so why pass judgment before we know for sure? If Stern starts doing great themes and making better pins then I'll pay more with a big god damn smile on my face. I mean Aliens LE shipped with tax and all available add on's will cost me in and around 12,000 with the current exchange but I must have it due to theme I haven't seen it nor played yet I'm in 100%

#7456 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just kind of turns me off to the hobby as a whole.

Yep, me too, for the first time since I started buying pins and its not just NIB the used market as well has gotten crazy, after Aliens i think its time for a break.

1 week later
#7551 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Any news on the promo vid? Still waiting on aproval?

Yeah, lets talk about something important, who gives a shit about Kaneda, I want to see the game already, Andrew has it been submitted yet?

1 week later
#7669 7 years ago

I just want to see the god damn game already.

#7692 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But it's not Spooky. Not yet.

Not ever I hope, at least in terms of design, so far Spooky pins have looked like garage projects with sound to match, I agree that Heighway is taking too long to reveal but luckily the theme will hold the interest for most of us.

#7694 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I disagree. I enjoyed AMH. Thought it was funny.

You did? Well I guess its kinda funny, nope its terrible.

#7700 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

lol I like this... I gotta steal it in the future. "You have horrible taste in everything". That's classic.

That's why you think AMH is funny probably, I have respect for Spooky and I would buy a game from them if one was made to my liking but AMH humor is really bad as is the case in almost all pinball.

#7701 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The "not" joke lives on in 2016. You have horrible taste in everything.

What? "not" jokes suck and they sucked in the 90's too, you think I have bad taste? imagine how I feel, I happen to love Bad Taste.

bad_taste3_1 (resized).jpgbad_taste3_1 (resized).jpg

#7705 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It's cool man. Different strokes for you and me.

Ofcourse, if we all liked the same thing it would be boring, I actually really want Spooky to improve and start making some titles I know other companies just won't make that I want and I can see Ben has a great sense of humor, nothing but respect for Spooky and admiration for their business tactics, my sense of humor is strange, I'm the only one in my group of friends that enjoys All in the Family and Don Rickles etc, I prefer the Dean Martin Roasts to the ones today by far so yeah its cool. Glad you can take some light ribbing.

#7723 7 years ago

Lets go Fox you dickheads, look at the game and approve it.

#7760 7 years ago

That's correct Gabe - the two ramps are now steel

Steel ramps with optic lighting sounds great to me, can't wait to see this pin, less than a week away now and what a long week it will be, time has slowed to a crawl waiting to see all these games.

#7921 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Maybe this was answered but what is the reason the ramps aren't clear like in Full Throttle? I feel the fiber optic lit ramps really give a futuristic vibe.

I'm interested in seeing what optic lighting will look like on metal ramps, could be great, in fact fits this theme much better than plastic.

#7992 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

received an email from Aimee two days ago that said:
"The extra items as standard with an LE are shaker, beacon topper and fibre optic ramps."
Everything else is an add-on.

This is what mine said

"Below is a list of upgrade options. Optional extras can be purchased up to one week prior to shipping of your game, and can be purchased online from 9.15pm on Thursday 13th October 2016 (prices will be listed on our website)"

I think either a replacement of the green trim to black or chrome should be part of the LE. I would rather have the standard trim and a discount than the green. I need to see this blade lighting and I wish the non-reflective glass was part of the LE as well, I don't think I've seen the non-reflective glass in person, unless all JJP games come with that standard, is that really worth it? might be with the large screen.

#7994 7 years ago

Less than 48hrs now.

#7999 7 years ago

How about standard trim with free non reflective glass for LE orders if they should choose? I would, I'm fine with the standard trim.

#8044 7 years ago

I can't gain access to the site and pinside is as slow as shit right now. Where did u guys see the vid?

#8055 7 years ago

Its showing 7100 dollars for the LE on the site right now? I can't find the video and I'm getting upset, Whats happening?

OK, everythings ok I just saw it and its greatness, still not sure whats going on with the pricing.

#8062 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Go to the Heighway home page.

it just started working now, I was getting an error message for the last 3 hours. Man that video is amazing, nothing else is touching this game right now, certainly not that kiddie game "Dialed In".

#8072 7 years ago

I paid in full and received the 200 discount so Aliens LE was 7650 now I'm fine keeping it at that price and I get the 27" display for free, but I'm going to contact Andrew next week for details that's for sure.

#8076 7 years ago

Its still $8150...you guys aren't looking at the USD price

Nope its USD $7100
Pound $6360
Euro $8150

They are obviously working on the site so who knows, I'll wait till next week.

#8077 7 years ago

#8197 7 years ago

Sweet Lordy
I do hope you can adjust the brightness on that backboard strip.

#8199 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's a money shot if there ever was one.

I'm speechless. I'm going to have to have that lit up side art as well it looked great.

#8393 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) isn't in the game. The player is Ripley and so you experience first-hand everything she did in both movies.

and happier I could not be. I'm loving the playfield, no bad drawings or pictures of the cast is a real bonus here, would have made the pin look childish.

#8396 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's a tip for all of you keyboard gang banger's. Acting tough on the internet doesn't always work out.
Aurich posted that comment about a month ago along with the usual trash he speaks about me. I didn't retaliate on Pinside or say anything with macho posturing in return. I remained silent to his taunt while his fan boys clicked the thumbs up for him.
Friday early evening at Expo, I happen to see Aurich in the Exhibit Hall. He was about 30 feet away from me talking with a friend. I didn't care he had a buddy with him and I was to face him on my own. I didn't hesitate for a moment and went straight over to Aurich and stepped up on him. I called him a lair and an asshole to his face exactly as he called me out to do.
Aurich back-peddled a step, put his open hands up in the air and said "I'm not talking to you, Kim" and I bitched him out some more.
Nobody got touched, it was over fairly quickly and it didn't go well for Aurich. His friend in my peripheral vision seem dumbfounded and must of thought me crazy and maybe I am. Aurich disappeared after that and I never saw him again.
I doubt Aurich will call anybody out on the internet ever again but if he does you, be sure to look him up.
Prediction: Aurich will reply to my comment here with his usual story of how he has me blocked and cant read but he somehow reads me anyway. Then of course, he will tell a much different version.
I don't care what story he tells or what you guys believe. I know and Aurich knows what happened and that's all that matters to me.

douchebag-repellent (resized).jpgdouchebag-repellent (resized).jpg

#8568 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Too bad Predator is such a sore subject as it would be a perfect third game

I think its coming at some point and that would be amazing outside of the fact that I would have to have Alien and Predator side by side and I don't think I would want to swap out those playfields, its only money.

#8604 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Hoping Andrew comes thru with the nickel option. The darker the better on this game!

If the only 2 options are chrome and green then I think I would rather have the standard trim with a discount that I could use towards the inv glass, in fact I would like that anyway. Andrew please consider this as an option for us early fully paid faithful folk out there.

#8611 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard black nickel is crazy toxic, and a lot of places don't want to touch it, the environmental regulations are a giant pain in the ass.

What about standard trim on the LE with a discount if worse case?

#8614 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean, this isn't my call, but F that. The LE needs to look bad ass. I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm for the green, and that's been the case from the start. Andrew and I will figure it out, but my opinion is let's get the LE art done, and then pick something that looks awesome with it.
There are tons of ways to do killer 2 stage powdercoats for instance. We'll sort it out.

I'm with ya, I don't want standard trim, something that matches the art would be great, I trust you guys.

#8746 7 years ago

I paid 7850 for my LE, so with the 27" its $8400 no way the LE comes with the 27" and if it does I hope Andrew is giving us early fully paid customers a discount, I'm ok with adding $300 if the new price is $8150 with the big screen but then what about the early purchase discount, I don't know but this need to be addressed.

#8777 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not sure what the cost is of upgrading, but I wouldn't be too happy if I were a FT owner. That upgrade should be offered for free IMO.

Yep.

#8782 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Settle down ROb.
Are you a FullT owner?
I am and most importantly I am willing to sit tight and wait it out to see what Heighway offers up before going crazy. I assume I will have to pay something, but it will be a drastically reduced rate. I am also under the impression that it will be a huge upgrade and bring lots of added value.

I don't think hes going crazy, you guys that bought the first game from Heighway and have helped finance this second pin should be given the upgrade for free but for me it wouldn't big a big deal if i had to pay a little bit, still shouldn't have to though, especially when buying the Alien kit, include the new board in my opinion at no additional cost.

#8870 7 years ago

Did it ever get established as to whether or not the 27" is included in the LE price of 8150?

#8893 7 years ago

Swappable PF's is a beautiful thing, easy to trade and move, space issues, cheaper etc. I hope JJP and Stern implement this soon, its better for collectors and operators plus if you don't like it then buy the whole thing but its nice to have the option, I don't see how anyone could be against the option at least.

#8960 7 years ago

No, I don't follow either and most people who play my pins aren't concerned at all regarding theme, they didn't lay out any money and will never collect pinball thusly don't care at all.

Yeah but Stern didn't do an Alien machine so another stupid point, and while I like Stern there wouldn't have been full RGB lighting, the Alien Head ball grabber, widebody, 27" LCD

#9011 7 years ago

Any idea when will get an in house video of the pin flipping just to see and hear it properly, I saw a little bit of the gameplay from expo and the promo but would like to see more, Andrew maybe you could let us know? By the way this is my favorite pinball pic of all time, amazing. Thanks

91f31cd186727970914f665778ff1270b6859deb (resized).jpg91f31cd186727970914f665778ff1270b6859deb (resized).jpg

#9019 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

You mean this?

Thats the promo vid, I saw that.

#9020 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

WOW! This looks amazing! We need more of those pictures It is better looking then I was hoping for.

08e6c2bbf34214c41af65e6c330ede3e2b0ef1df (resized).jpg08e6c2bbf34214c41af65e6c330ede3e2b0ef1df (resized).jpg

a76a2385c71636b6290104562a7c71058e92bde2 (resized).jpga76a2385c71636b6290104562a7c71058e92bde2 (resized).jpg

#9036 7 years ago

Tunnel escape looks fantastic, I can't wait.

#9040 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm hearing vicious rumors flying about again.

What rumors?

#9080 7 years ago

Did anyone hear that music during Tunnel Escape, thats simply amazing, for me like Seige mode in TWD or Horde, those moments are super rare in pinball, I think this pin will do some serious blowing of minds in a home environment with darkness and good volume, how couldn't it, very excited.

#9161 7 years ago

I like the idea of changing the airlock toy to a small LCD screen or just a better example of the airlock and please take ur time Andrew, a few more months to perfect everything is the smart move, but I'm in love with this pin already.

#9189 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You're not alone, my friend ( well, about the Alien stuff...you're on your own w Dialed In )

Yeah, I am looking forward to playing Dialed In but Alien LE in the house will be something special for me.

#9193 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Where did I put that " comic book" they passed out at the reveal?...oh...left it in my seat, as I was running out of the room.....whew....feeling nauseous just thinking about it....somebody was taking selfies and they were showing on the screen....Hazoff....you've been warned.....

I just want to try it, you played it and witnessed the selfies in person so in fact you are now tainted plus owning a WOZ, for shame. I could never own Dialed In but its still new pinball and like WOZ, WWE and TH I'll have to play it, I do accept the warning/reprimand.

#9196 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LMAO!!!....I actually love my WOZ ( and really like JJP), and yes, I'm tainted because I can't unsee it. Just approach with caution.....

I will, I might have to go and play it several towns away while wearing a fake mustache. I just want Aliens LE, watching Aliens on AMC right now and Dialed In can suck it.

#9264 7 years ago

Any updates coming? Man I need something again, how about an in house video? Game looks great but

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#9274 7 years ago

Whats happening Andrew? update please and thank you.

#9275 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

VAT isn't charged for outside UK.
For Canada, I had my Full Throttle shipped air freight direct. The freight company did the brokerage for me, for a nominal fee, and they collected the 13% HST that we pay here. Not double taxed.

What did that end up costing you? PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks Frolic

#9342 7 years ago

#9346 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately Harry Potter will most likely never happen,

Lets leave Harry Potter out of this Aliens Thread, a boy doing magic doesn't belong here, thanks.

#9357 7 years ago

Again Harry Potter has no place here, start a thread where you can discuss HP and WOZ and all those types and good luck to ya, this is for a pin that focuses around something cool, a giant Alien that gestates inside human beings then bursts out of their chest to reek havoc, and all the adventures going on around him. There are plenty of childish happy themes out there but don't bring that trash into this thread.

#9363 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

lighten up Francis...you've now proven you are "hardcore" lol, it's pinball

Hardcore? sorry but I don't even know what that means, just keep your magic boy out of the thread.

#9366 7 years ago

Wow what a comeback, do me a favor and don't wake up, thanks

#9370 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

no comeback, not looking to get in a junk measuring contest on the internet. You could be a little nicer making your point about it being an Alien thread, but that's up to you obviously. I'll go ahead and place you on ignore which will solve the problem on my end. I'll also go ahead and discuss whatever I want regardless. Happy Holidays.

Sounds good.

2 weeks later
#9414 7 years ago

What happened to the update?
edit-
I just read that the sight was down for 5 hours today.

#9420 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Came here to read the update but Andrew is probably waiting for the 3 old guys to stop arguing about a kids mode for one minute so he can post it!

I agree, hey Wickerman go to the Dialed in and WOZ threads, plenty of happy colorful characters and songs for u there, leave us in peace.

#9458 7 years ago

I think its pretty safe to say on one is seeing this game in 2016 and most likely not till March of 2017 and that's fine but lets be realistic and give an accurate timeline and a nice tutorial of gameplay, I thinks that's fair Andrew

#9535 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I'm not mistaken, those chairs were based off artwork Giger did for the movie Dune,

Now theres a great theme for pin, Dune.

#9576 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1. I noticed in one gameplay video that the ball hangs up / slows down a bit when the left ramp shot is made. Will this same behavior exist in production games or was it due to a pre-production game?
2. Will there be callouts in the game from Sigourney Weaver's character? Same with animations that feature her in it.
3. Does the standard edition include the backbox LCD?

1, thats been fixed
2, no and I couldn't be happier about it
3, neither edition comes with backbox LCD small or large

#9582 7 years ago

I paid in full but with the small LCD, just need to upgrade to the 27" and invis/glass, then taxes and shipping which will be ample but who cares this pin is looking great.

1 week later
#9643 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have played both dialed in and alien pinball and in my mind alien is so much better then dialed in

Sci fi Horror vs a theme that could be on the Treehouse network is a an easy win.

#9693 7 years ago

That's so great, love the screen and Ambush multiball looks amazing, thanks Andrew.

#9769 7 years ago

If the 3rd screen just mimicked the other 2 then for sure its over kill but its gonna show completely different footage, countdowns, maybe some static crt screens from the films etc. I think it will work just fine, lose the bezel so its smaller with a placement that doesn't detract from the Xeno head and it will be great. I really wish Aliens had a similar sized LCD like the new Sterns but I doubt I'm gonna hate 27" clips from two of my favorite films not to mention I'm really liking the graphics I've seen so far for this pin, the music is just ridiculously good, best I've ever heard and thats on teaser videos, headphones or just dark room loudness, oh man.

#9775 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hopefully it's not the same reaction I had with Wolvie and xmen! One of the worst designed toys/placement I can think of on any pinball machine. Just ruins the left side of that PF

No way it will be even close to that bad, I think its gonna look great, lots of screens like a spaceship or command center, thats right I said it, "command center" and who doesn't want that? Its the bezel around the small LCD that needs to go, keep it streamlined and as far to the left as possible, its way better than the rotating airlock and the idea of the screen turning to light up the xeno head with a strobing effect or just lighting up in general is fantastic. Lots of possibilities and we haven't even started with mods, good times ahead.

#9784 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was gonna mention the bezel too. Frolic says he got use to it but initial thoughts without seeing it in person was are not positive

I meant the the bezel around the small LCD, I need to see this game in person or even a full T to judge that bezel for the glass,

#9808 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

In my opinion some other ball interactive playfield item would have been a better choice as simple or complex as it could have been.

I agree but also think that theres multiple options with the mini screen and only one action with a toy for the most part, a jumping plastic Alien Queen would become boring real fast, its all going to come down to how its implemented, I think using it as a light source with the Xeno head is a smart move.

#9814 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

All I'm reading here lately are criticisms from a bunch of armchair quarterbacks

I'm more of a love seat full back but I get ur point, I love the screen and mods will be a plenty for this theme.

#9866 7 years ago

We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January.

Not much to say now till the 16th and hopefully that week something will be shipped, do I believe that? nope, but I hope I'm wrong.

1 week later
#9953 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Hmmm. Replace airlock can with something else...maybe something nobody has seen before...something innovative...how about...another screen? Brilliant!

Is this supposed to look bad? How about Aliens on each screen that during a mode you have to kill or all the screens counting down in a frenzy mode, I like it.

d3537510adfc1f3918a586941335191745d3ebc4 (resized).jpgd3537510adfc1f3918a586941335191745d3ebc4 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10018 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January.
Not much to say now till the 16th and hopefully that week something will be shipped, do I believe that? nope, but I hope I'm wrong.

I posted this before, thats this coming monday.

#10190 7 years ago

Looks great but I have to say that the beacons look a little too large for the backbox, I prefer this look.

alienpinball (resized).jpgalienpinball (resized).jpg

#10247 7 years ago

I love the spinner SFX, I'm really looking forward to getting my LE.

#10267 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not liking the big orange dildos.

Come on, you love big orange dildos, who doesn't?

#10276 7 years ago

Yeah lets get these games shipping and then individually people can mod them out to there liking, I just want to play the thing already.

#10306 7 years ago

After watching this again I'm cool with waiting a bit longer and really have nothing negative to say at all.

#10307 7 years ago

Slam Tilt you tube post shows those beacons in action, look pretty nice actually.

#10310 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

-EDIT- Looks like that's an old video, i think its been fixed.

Yeah that's an older vid, in the latest video the ramp is smooth.

#10332 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there custom speech in this game, or what?

Hopefully not, that tends to ruin it for the most part unless its done really well and that hasn't been the case in pinball with the exception of only a few.

#10334 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With David Thiels wife providing custom speech for "mother" hopefully custom speech for jackpot, ball locks, etc were also recorded.
Custom speech recorded by someone who is actually part of the theme (for example Ernie Hudson for GB, Elijah Wood for LOTR) can really make a game stand out and make that "world under glass" feeling even better.
I would personally not buy a NIB or modern game today without there being custom speech for callout in the game.

Well "mother" custom speech is a great thing and I agree call outs are important but not when they suck exp. Met, ST, TWD and so many others, for me the 90's dmd's are riddled with very bad custom call outs, I'm all for the ones that give direction with in the game and are kept simple but when they go into attempts at humor or catchy one liners then they have the ability to ruin an otherwise great machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
424 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hazoff. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/1?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.