DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 601.
#9601 7 years ago

Off topic but i would love a lower cost alternative for non reflective glass...

#9602 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Off topic but i would love a lower cost alternative for non reflective glass...

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a museum curator (let's just say it's one of the museums you've heard of), and he was amazed at how CHEAP Invisiglass is. He said it is thinner but the same stuff is used for museum glass, and it is crazy expensive. Add that play field glass is thicker and he was talking $1000 a pop. Neither he nor I really know the mechanics of how it's made but the bottom was he thought there wasn't much margin on that stuff at the $300 price point. I hope he's wrong

#9603 7 years ago

So how does the no-name non-reflective glass compare to the PDI stuff?

#9604 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

So how does the no-name non-reflective glass compare to the PDI stuff?

Not sure if you were directing that at me, but "museum glass" is pretty much the same thing as Invisiglass, very very low reflection, probably would still see the DMD a tiny bit

#9605 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure if you were directing that at me, but "museum glass" is pretty much the same thing as Invisiglass, very very low reflection, probably would still see the DMD a tiny bit

Think he is referring to the generic glass Heighway seemed to be referencing. I went with PDI as my choice as I know them and they are good but curious who this new "no name" company is and if they can produce a similar product for cheaper, all the better and hopefully comes available retail if so.

On a side note as I was finalizing my options for my Alien LE, I had asked a few questions on e-mail and as side note to e-mail told Andrew to call or e-mail me for clarification on a few items I was kind of confused about. Within about an hour Andrew called me and as always was super informative, answered all my questions and has been listening to the feedback being given time and time again to try and produce best product. Met him at shows and always top notch class A guy. Way to go Heighway pinball, excited for this game and all future ones, you all rock!

#9606 7 years ago

I have a suggestion for the Alien pinball

I think the game looks great!! But there is one thing that I don't like, it's the plastic part under the flipper that sticks in the playfield. The color is so wrong. It looks good on Full Throttle but on Alien it has to be black.
So Heighway Pinball, please order thes parts in black for the Alien pinball

Thank you.

#9607 7 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have a suggestion for the Alien pinball
I think the game looks great!! But there is one thing that I don't like, it's the plastic part under the flipper that sticks in the playfield. The color is so wrong. It looks good on Full Throttle but on Alien it has to be black.
So Heighway Pinball, please order thes parts in black for the Alien pinball
Thank you.

good suggestion!

#9608 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

will also have the option to upgrade to PDI if they wish

Well, this completes my wishlist for the LE (except anxious to see hardware options). Time to tally up and write a check!!!!

#9609 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Invisiglass is NOT PDI...just an fyi....Andrew made the right choice......

#9610 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct afaik it's all manufactured by Pilkington glass

#9611 7 years ago

SO WHAT'S REPLACING THE AIR LOCK CHAMBER??!!

Yes I'm yelling.

#9612 7 years ago

Yes to both questions.

Currently we only offer an un-branded non-reflective glass. However, we are about to offer a second alternative - PDI. Anyone who has purchased the non-branded one will also have the option to upgrade to PDI if they wish

Is the glass on your games a non-standard size?

#9613 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the glass on your games a non-standard size?

No...standard wide body.....

#9614 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed. Comparison video below shows Invisiglass on the left and PDI Glass on the right.

#9615 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

SO WHAT'S REPLACING THE AIR LOCK CHAMBER??!!
Yes I'm yelling.

As soon as FOX officially approve it, we will show it.

#9616 7 years ago

But can you say what it is?

#9617 7 years ago

Yes what is replacing the air lock chamber is it a cool interactive toy Andrew?

#9618 7 years ago

Rotating Jonesy, fingers crossed

#9619 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Rotating Jonesy, fingers crossed

Hisss!

#9620 7 years ago

So is production held up waiting for approval, or are games in production right now?

#9621 7 years ago

At the risk of sounding tacky, Could you use JJP non reflective glass in this machine?

#9623 7 years ago

Slightly off topic, but are there any topics or videos or blogs or anything that talk about how the lighting effects are done at Heighway?

I'm not going to lie, I'm completely ignorant about what technology is "under the hood" in Heighway machines. Probably not too hard to look up, but I'm more interested in the process and the software. Specifically, do you guys have your own proprietary software for sequencing the lights or open source software or does someone code it all out by hand (I can't imaging the latter in this day and age).

I'd assume some sort of "virtual" environment for trying things out. But, just curious about the dev process and the tools you have available. If you can comment or link to anything, I'd appreciate it.

#9624 7 years ago

I was really impressed with FullT's lights and I still haven't played a game with the fiber optic ramps (which look great).
Can't wait to see what they do to Alien it'll be great.

#9625 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Slightly off topic, but are there any topics or videos or blogs or anything that talk about how the lighting effects are done at Heighway?
I'm not going to lie, I'm completely ignorant about what technology is "under the hood" in Heighway machines. Probably not too hard to look up, but I'm more interested in the process and the software. Specifically, do you guys have your own proprietary software for sequencing the lights or open source software or does someone code it all out by hand (I can't imaging the latter in this day and age).
I'd assume some sort of "virtual" environment for trying things out. But, just curious about the dev process and the tools you have available. If you can comment or link to anything, I'd appreciate it.

Software is proprietary and not open source. I've considered ways of opening it up slightly to allow for some customization, but that hasn't been a priority.

Yes, we have a virtual environment to develop in. Much of Alien was coded and tested well before the first playfields were ready.

Not sure exactly what you mean by "coding by hand". It is probably somewhere in between the two extremes you are thinking of. In other words, we're not coding lamp by lamp all the time, but we certainly can if we need to achieve a certain effect.

#9626 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So is production held up waiting for approval, or are games in production right now?

Production is going ahead right now and we are not being delayed by approvals at this point. There is only one element we are waiting on and this should come in any day now

#9627 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Yes what is replacing the air lock chamber is it a cool interactive toy Andrew?

We would rather show you, rather than tell you Derek.

As soon as we can show you, we will

#9628 7 years ago

Even cooking reminds me of Aliens.

20161216_125403 (resized).jpg20161216_125403 (resized).jpg

#9629 7 years ago

guacamole multiball

#9632 7 years ago

They note the similarity of the Queen chamber to the Joker Can in Dark Knight .... I guess they have not gotten the memo yet that it will be changed soon

#9633 7 years ago

Anybody note that the end of the article says it will rotate to reveal a 5" LCD screen?

#9634 7 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Anybody note that the end of the article says it will rotate to reveal a 5" LCD screen?

I was wondering if that was an accidental reveal or a mistake.

#9635 7 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

As far as I know this was the initial idea but did never make it to the prototype. The alternative was the Queen's chamber as we know it now, but that also does not make it to production as it will be replaced by something that will be revealed by Heighway in the very near future.

#9636 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

As far as I know this was the initial idea but did never make it to the prototype. The alternative was the Queen's chamber as we know it now, but that also does not make it to production as it will be replaced by something that will be revealed by Heighway in the very near future.

Revealing!!

#9637 7 years ago

A few weeks ago we showed you a teaser video for the 'Find Jonesy' mode in 'Alien Pinball'

This is the extended cut of this video.

Coming Friday 23rd December - 'Ambush Multiball' mode teaser video and a sneak preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber

#9638 7 years ago

Sweet video! This game is making me rethink preordering dialed in standard. And the priceing is so much better too...

#9639 7 years ago

How about a blood splatter graphic at the end rather than Jonesy exploding?

Love. Love. Love the audio

#9640 7 years ago

Have played both dialed in and alien pinball and in my mind alien is so much better then dialed in; don't get me wrong dialed in is cool, but the theme is just not that great and just wierd the sound, animations, and toys on alien are way better at this point.

#9641 7 years ago

looking great!

#9642 7 years ago

a sneak preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber

Yes please.

#9643 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have played both dialed in and alien pinball and in my mind alien is so much better then dialed in

Sci fi Horror vs a theme that could be on the Treehouse network is a an easy win.

#9644 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Have played both dialed in and alien pinball and in my mind alien is so much better then dialed in; don't get me wrong dialed in is cool, but the theme is just not that great and just wierd the sound, animations, and toys on alien are way better at this point.

^ I couldn't agree with this more. the shots on dialed in feel good, build quality and effects seem nice - but it's probably the least engaged i've ever felt while playing a game.

#9645 7 years ago

I played this at Expo and loved it. It continues to improve with each new video released and is destined to be a huge seller. I have a Full Throttle LE and am eager to receive my Alien kit. I plan to add the topper, extra lighting, etc.

Andrew, there is a lot riding on this game - as you well know. I realize that there must be huge financial pressure to get the revenue flowing, but continue to be true to your vision. You are on the brink of making this the very best game you can.

#9646 7 years ago

It's just color changing balls - what is that suppose to be?

Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

How about a blood splatter graphic at the end rather than Jonesy exploding?
Love. Love. Love the audio

IMG_2402 (resized).PNGIMG_2402 (resized).PNG

#9647 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

It's just color changing balls - what is that suppose to be?

Jonesy is just watching the person die from the Alien, he ain't exploding! NO ONE KILLS JONES!!!!! He lives forever!

#9648 7 years ago

Bit off topic but goes with the theme. Have any of you checked out the band Aphotic Apathy? I hear the new album is pretty much all Alien/Predator stuff but this is from an earlier album:

#9650 7 years ago

heres a good topper!

jones (resized).jpgjones (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.