DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 601.
#9501 7 years ago

Andrew is there any chance of a look at the backbox Beacons in action?

I am sure there are other people like me who are curious regarding the upgrades and since you posted a photo of the flyer with the beacons on top of the backbox it's impossible to resist asking, if we could see some sneak peaks of the various upgrades available specially over Xmas when people are in the spending mood

#9502 7 years ago

With the new replacement toy...how fast can it go from design, test, approval, etc to production, delivery and re-test? Or is it pretty much done already?

#9503 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Andrew is there any chance of a look at the backbox Beacons in action?
I am sure there are other people like me who are curious regarding the upgrades and since you posted a photo of the flyer with the beacons on top of the backbox it's impossible to resist asking, if we could see some sneak peaks of the various upgrades available specially over Xmas when people are in the spending mood

Of course Jon - we will make it happen

Quoted from spfxted:

With the new replacement toy...how fast can it go from design, test, approval, etc to production, delivery and re-test? Or is it pretty much done already?

It's as good as finished already. For production, there will be no delays with this.

#9504 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

thinking about upgrading that SS Ted? About time you stepped into this century

Figured this may be on your short list.

#9505 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

...and you would be right! Just waiting for an unboxing....

#9506 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It's as good as finished already. For production, there will be no delays with this.

Excellent!

#9507 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thinking about upgrading that SS Ted? About time you stepped into this century

I wouldn't mess with Ted. The man shoots lazers out of his eyes for Pete's Sake!

#9508 7 years ago

Of course Jon - we will make it happen.

Awesome Andrew thanks for the quick reply, would be great to have a look at the available upgrades in action over xmas, I know I'm particularly interested in the Beacons and Ramp lights for a standard edition game, so I would love to see what else your going to have available, to take more of my money blinging out my game

#9509 7 years ago

Got the update email from Heighway. No surprises i could see, basically just what Andrew said. Nice to have a little clarity on the delivery order, though I'm a little fuzzy on what this means:

"50%-paid customers – prioritised on original order date AND payment receipt date"

Either way though, I'm just waiting to see the LE art before anything else. I'm sure it will look good though since i don't feel like they've let us down yet in that department.

#9510 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I'm a little fuzzy on what this means:
"50%-paid customers – prioritised on original order date AND payment receipt date"

Priority of 50% paid customers. First they check the original order date for priority. Then the payment that got there first bumps up. Right?

#9511 7 years ago

So...has everyone received a recent email payment shipment update from Andrew? Just checking as I've not received any email since Chicago regarding payment and the email issues Heighway was having.

Could you send an update Andrew to my personal email? I haven't put down any more than the deposit for my LE as I was told to wait while things settled with your email issues. I don't want to get bumped to the back of the line for waiting . thank you!

#9512 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

So...has everyone received a recent email payment shipment update from Andrew? Just checking as I've not received any email since Chicago regarding payment and the email issues Heighway was having.
Could you send an update Andrew to my personal email? I haven't put down any more than the deposit for my LE as I was told to wait while things settled with your email issues. I don't want to get bumped to the back of the line for waiting . thank you!

ditto! as I am in the same boat for my LE. Sent deposit as soon as I saw the videos from expo, other than a confirmation and number of my LE, haven't received anything else requesting more $$$. don't want to be in the back of the line either if at all possible.

thanks for the updates and sneak peeks.

#9513 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

ditto! as I am in the same boat for my LE. Sent deposit as soon as I saw the videos from expo, other than a confirmation and number of my LE, haven't received anything else requesting more $$$. don't want to be in the back of the line either if at all possible.
thanks for the updates and sneak peeks.

Morgan is working through sending a lot of emails. If you haven't received an email by lunchtime Friday UK time - feel free to email me directly at [email protected]

#9515 7 years ago

Andrew just wanted to ask another quick question while your about. Have you had any thought at any point wirh regards to offering dedicated cabinets?

Say for someone who wants to always keep an Alien an Alien, would it be something that would be financially beneficial to you? To offer dedicated cabinets and decals? I know the swappable system is a key feature of your pins and I know if you keep dropping great titles (hint hint BTTF ) I will most definitely need to use it but I was just curious if it was something you had given any thought to providing there was demand and it would be financially beneficial first and foremost?

#9516 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Andrew just wanted to ask another quick question while your about. Have you had any thought at any point wirh regards to offering dedicated cabinets?
Say for someone who wants to always keep an Alien an Alien, would it be something that would be financially beneficial to you? To offer dedicated cabinets and decals? I know the swappable system is a key feature of your pins and I know if you keep dropping great titles (hint hint BTTF ) I will most definitely need to use it but I was just curious if it was something you had given any thought to providing there was demand and it would be financially beneficial first and foremost?

Hi Jon - it is something I am still seriously considering

#9517 7 years ago

Awesome! Appreciate the fast reply thanks.

#9518 7 years ago

This has been sorted now. We will be announcing them shortly

Hi Andrew. Thanks for all the recent updates and like how it's coming along - any indication as to when the Aussie distributor will be announced?

Thanks

#9519 7 years ago

Hi Jon - it is something I am still seriously considering

Once an Alien, always an Alien...just sayin...

#9520 7 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hi Andrew. Thanks for all the recent updates and like how it's coming along - any indication as to when the Aussie distributor will be announced?
Thanks

Everything is arranged in principle. The final details just need to be sorted and then it can be announced. I want everything announced before we break up on the 16th December.

#9521 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Once an Alien, always an Alien...just sayin...

That was pretty much the thought behind my question, i would love a dedicated Alien cabinet, with every inch covered in artwork, hell while you have Matt doing sculpts why not a special sculpted back box cover?

#9522 7 years ago

I would be instantly in on a Giger Edition LE if you were to do a fully sculpted cabinet honoring the late H.R. Giger. I know that's just words on a forum, but that would be some real art. His bars have a lot of unique architecture that could be drawn from.

#9523 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I would be instantly in on a Giger Edition LE if you were to do a fully sculpted cabinet honoring the late H.R. Giger. I know that's just words on a forum, but that would be some real art. His bars have a lot of unique architecture that could be drawn from.

We would LOVE to do that but unfortunately it will never happen with us. It's too far off the path that the licensor would want to go.

The best bet would be for a customer to commission a one-off cabinet themselves

#9524 7 years ago

We would LOVE to do that but unfortunately it will never happen with us. It's too far off the path that the licensor would want to go.
The best bet would be for a customer to commission a one-off cabinet themselves

That would a good mod project for this guy, as I doubt he's actually going to build complete Cthulhu pins:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-wrath-of-cthulhu

#9525 7 years ago

Ty for post. Did not know about Giger. What an artist! Checked his official website such impressive work.
http://www.hrgiger.com/

Wish I had the chairs listed under the "Chur Bar" on the website in my game room)

chur3 (resized).jpgchur3 (resized).jpg

#9526 7 years ago

Also, I have been to the clubs called the "Limelight" in the 80s both in Atlanta and NYC. Did not know the NYC one had a VIP room with Giger's Alien work) (info from website).

#9527 7 years ago

Can anyone share any insight on what's replacing the queens chamber.

#9528 7 years ago

We don't know yet ... but we could make some predictions ...

#9529 7 years ago

Been to the Giger museum, stumbled onto it by accident driving through Switzerland in Gruyeres. It was like, wtf is this doing here?

So cool.

Giger cab art and side rails. Who's making them?

#9530 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That would a good mod project for this guy, as I doubt he's actually going to build complete Cthulhu pins:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-machine-wrath-of-cthulhu

Still very alive.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#9531 7 years ago

The more I look at the flyer the more gloss black powder coated armour is going to look beautiful on Alien.

Backbox sculpts/molds would be an awesome mod aswell if things could be agreed within the licence, power loader back box or xenomorph back box would be a sweet new feature in place of having no side back box art.

#9532 7 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Ty for post. Did not know about Giger. What an artist! Checked his official website such impressive work.
http://www.hrgiger.com/
Wish I had the chairs listed under the "Chur Bar" on the website in my game room)

If I'm not mistaken, those chairs were based off artwork Giger did for the movie Dune, before it was revamped for David Lynch... Get the book, there's some crazy awesome designs in there

#9533 7 years ago

Giger himself actually designed every aspect of his bars from the spine ceilings, to the intentionally uncomfortable chairs. My wife wrote her master's thesis on his bar designs. There were a lot of things considered that I would never have even thought was intentional. And being uncomfortable was actually a fairly central design choice.

#9534 7 years ago

Just as a heads up, I just got an email from Morgan regarding settling up. No substantial new info that's not on here already.

#9535 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I'm not mistaken, those chairs were based off artwork Giger did for the movie Dune,

Now theres a great theme for pin, Dune.

#9536 7 years ago

Giger himself actually designed every aspect of his bars from the spine ceilings, to the intentionally uncomfortable chairs. My wife wrote her master's thesis on his bar designs. There were a lot of things considered that I would never have even thought was intentional. And being uncomfortable was actually a fairly central design choice.

Only the 2 that are in Switzerland, where he lived. There is (or was? not sure) a third one in Japan somewhere that he initially started helping with, then got pissed off an I think he had already cashed the check, because they finished building it without him. It is substantially lamer than the swiss ones.

#9537 7 years ago

Aah, yeah here we go -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giger_Bar

I must have read about this before, because there's a note about the Dune chair too.

#9538 7 years ago

Yeah that's true about the Japanese one. They were unable to build to his vision because of the frequent earthquakes. He wanted elevator cars that worked similarly to a more vertical ferris wheel. Tables would be inside and they would travel up and down slowly in a tight loop. The fire marshals said it wouldn't meet building codes given the tectonic activity and, being an artist, he was unwilling to compromise his vision. He left the project and they went ahead and finished it anyway.

I tend to forget about that one since it was basically shunned by Giger. It's definitely in that thesis though haha

#9539 7 years ago

Hey Andrew. What about us pinsiders who put money down on the Alien pin thru a distributor? I put some money down to hold an LE model, so I was just curious where we would be on the production list. No hurry though, just curious.

#9540 7 years ago

Is there still some Alien Production videos coming to us today

#9541 7 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey Andrew. What about us pinsiders who put money down on the Alien pin thru a distributor? I put some money down to hold an LE model, so I was just curious where we would be on the production list. No hurry though, just curious.

Would like to know the answer to this as well.

#9542 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now theres a great theme for pin, Dune.

It would take three hours to play one game and nobody would have a clue what was going on with the rules.

#9543 7 years ago

As promised, our latest YouTube video shows various production processes during production of Alien Pinball over the last month

#9544 7 years ago

Awesome video, thanks for posting the update as promised Andrew, that in itself sets you apart from the competition. And the clear on those playfields looks like glass, the more you show of Alien the better it keeps looking

#9545 7 years ago

Give the employees some power tools and production will speed up and save their wrists from RSI. Looks cold in that factory too.

#9546 7 years ago

The Finished Product looks insanely sweeter than the Proto at Expo!

Exciting Times!

(Was that Chumlee in the assembly line?)

#9547 7 years ago

As promised, our latest YouTube video shows various production processes during production of Alien Pinball over the last month
» YouTube video

Wow!!! Play fields are amazing!!! And I'm still old fashioned..ultimate care and craftsmanship comes from hand tools ( granted, its slower) way less chance for over torque, marring of screws and bolts, etc., and the care of true hand assembly!!!

Truly Amazing!!!....can't wait!!!...mark

#9548 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow!!! Play fields are amazing!!! And I'm still old fashioned..ultimate care and craftsmanship comes from hand tools ( granted, its slower) way less chance for over torque, marring of screws and bolts, etc., and the care of true hand assembly!!!
Truly Amazing!!!....can't wait!!!...mark

yep nice quality indeed.

#9549 7 years ago

I'm curious, what is the use of this sheet of plastic ?

Heighway_640 (resized).jpgHeighway_640 (resized).jpg

#9550 7 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

I'm curious, what is the use of this sheet of plastic ?

probably to spot holes and protect the playfield from drill slips

nice video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/191?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.