pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 601.
#9451 7 years ago

Please remove the image of the bra in the Jonesy mode, as this is a children's game.

(Game looks and sounds awesome)

#9452 7 years ago

I don't know many children that can afford an $8000 pinball machine

#9453 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I don't think it's the children asking on pinside, it's the parents

My son and daughter are 5 & 4, I simply won't be playing Alien while they are around, they can play all our family games Ironman, Star Trek, Goldeneye, TRON,BM66 but Alien will be daddy's game!

#9454 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I cant figure out WHY some people keep trying to inflate the perceived cost of the game?????

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/alien-pinball-machine/alien-standard-edition/

$6450... it says it right on the website.

This is a steal compared to other options on the market.

#9455 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I cant figure out WHY some people keep trying to inflate the perceived cost of the game?????
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/alien-pinball-machine/alien-standard-edition/

Obviously it's the LE price they're referencing...

#9456 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Obviously it's the LE price they're referencing...

oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the majority of Pinsiders are LE buyers, doh.

#9457 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the majority of Pinsiders are LE buyers, doh.

Nah it's just easy for people to forget the price of Alien, when the current market has been pumping out/flipping 8-10k games for the last year or so.

#9458 7 years ago

I think its pretty safe to say on one is seeing this game in 2016 and most likely not till March of 2017 and that's fine but lets be realistic and give an accurate timeline and a nice tutorial of gameplay, I thinks that's fair Andrew

#9459 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think its pretty safe to say on one is seeing this game in 2016 and most likely not till March of 2017 and that's fine but lets be realistic and give an accurate timeline and a nice tutorial of gameplay, I thinks that's fair Andrew

Correct. No one is getting an Alien this year. That is really my one ding for Andrew is that he tends to overpromise on dates. Why not just say its going to be at a generously realistic date and then knock our socks off when its ready early? I say take the time needed to make it as great as it can be, but lets not overpromise and continuously disappoint the base of supporters here with nonsense delivery and production dates.

#9460 7 years ago

Andrew and the Heighway crew don't owe any of us anything. They don't have to show us any more gameplay, any teasers, anything. They did an announce trailer that showed how the game plays, what the art looks like and that is simply all they needed to do. So, please, don't immediately ask for more less than a day after they show you something new.

Ya'll sound like a certain someone: http://i.imgur.com/Q6maFDo.jpg

Be grateful for how open they have been with us so far and show some damn appreciation!

That being said, Andrew, update the timelines for us as soon as you can. I will need to sell a machine to make room for Alien, and I don't want to do that until I know what the timelines are looking like.

#9461 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Be grateful for how open they have been with us so far and show some damn appreciation!

Meh. They're just trying to hold him to his own word. Andrew said we'd get an update AND an email. No email. And that really wasn't an update, just a video showing some of the "Find Jonesy" clips with recycled shots of the ball that were used in the "Bug Hunt" teaser. Teasers aren't updates. Questions have been asked and directed to Heighway and team, and questions are still unanswered. People just get tired of being strung along, which is basically how I've felt this year on this title. Dates promised turned into dates missed. I'd just be happy not getting any "updates"... You can't promise to deliver, fail, and not expect any noise from the peanut gallery.

Here's to hoping she'll be done soon!

#9462 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew and the Heighway crew don't owe any of us anything.

Total BS! If we have deposits down and are paid in full, they 100% owe us updates for the good faith we placed with our cash. If we were just on a list with no money down, then that would be correct. I'm generally a patient guy and you'll hear few complaints from me, but please don't say we are not owed anything when many of us have had cash down on this for many months.

#9463 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That being said, Andrew, update the timelines for us as soon as you can

He has already updated your request...30 games done in the next 9 days....100 more next month.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

release the first 20 Alien Pinball Standard Edition games in early December. 10 more games are due to follow before our 2 week Christmas/New Year shutdown (16th December - 2nd January).
These 10 games may or may not be LEs - depending on progress in the coming weeks.
100 LE games are scheduled for January, and every month thereafter, as a minimum. This means that we will be able to deliver games much faster to our customers in the future.

#9464 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Andrew and the Heighway crew don't owe any of us anything. They don't have to show us any more gameplay, any teasers, anything. They did an announce trailer that showed how the game plays, what the art looks like and that is simply all they needed to do. So, please, don't immediately ask for more less than a day after they show you something new.
Ya'll sound like a certain someone: http://i.imgur.com/Q6maFDo.jpg
That being said, Andrew, update the timelines for us as soon as you can. I will need to sell a machine to make room for Alien, and I don't want to do that until I know what the timelines are looking like.

Good God, I'm having a flashback to the old Predator thread after reading this insightful post.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is really my one ding for Andrew is that he tends to overpromise on dates. Why not just say its going to be at a generously realistic date and then knock our socks off when its ready early?

My guess would be to keep people from bailing. If Andrew had announced at Expo that the pin probably wouldn't be ready until spring 2017, I bet a pile of people would've gotten refunds.

#9465 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If we have deposits down and are paid in full, they 100% owe us updates for the good faith we placed with our cash.

only in the bizarre niche world of pinball "collecting"...

#9466 7 years ago

I can't wait for this ... but I just went and bought a HUO Met Pro with the money I had put aside for this. Now I am quite certain that I will end up selling something and buy an Alien (just maybe not the LE now). Needed something new (instant gratification and I am not even a Millenial) and Metallica has been calling for a while. Give me fuel, give me fire ... give me what I desire. 'Loving that tallica for now.

Go heighway!

#9467 7 years ago

I haven't visited this thread in about a month. The game is looking good.

#9468 7 years ago

I'm in the "take your time , do it right category".

Timelines are often presented as a "best case" scenario.

Things can and will go wrong with that plan.

#9469 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Please remove the image of the bra in the Jonesy mode, as this is a children's game.

seriously? what child cant handle a bra? do you really think your children need to be "that" sheltered. Better never let them see a JCPenny, Kohls, Macy's or any other department store catalog or ad.

wait, were you just pulling my leg? LOL

#9470 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

JCPenny, Kohls, Macy's or any other department store catalog

they still exist?

#9471 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any idea what the cost is adding the lcd to the backbox, Fiber Optic for ramps, and beacon toppers?

Was in on JJP #3 until they priced me out and Alien is really looking good. Like to play one to see how it compares to a Stern, Bally, JJP for feel.

#9472 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they still exist?

bwaahahahahaaa, maybe not jcpenny ... but yeah the rest still do, cant keep my eyes off of them!!! LOL

#9473 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Any idea what the cost is adding the lcd to the backbox, Fiber Optic for ramps, and beacon toppers?

not sure? I think like $500 for the monitor??

I would email to andrew and the sales person (I think Jay?) I got a quick response when I contacted with a few questions.

#9474 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

They gave these numbers around the time of the expo release and I recall doing the math which came to about a $200 difference getting the standard to LE (minus the LE art package). So you were basically paying $200 for the numbered plaque and LE art. There has been several price increases since they first started taking deposits and I think the LE is up $100 since the expo, so that math is a moving target.

#9475 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The issue with taking their time is that they dont have cash coming in from sales as the pre-order money can only last so long.

#9476 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The issue with taking their time is that they dont have cash coming in from sales as the pre-order money can only last so long.

They're selling / shipping FT games, no?

#9477 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Was in on JJP #3 until they priced me out and Alien is really looking good. Like to play one to see how it compares to a Stern, Bally, JJP for feel.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/

All listed there

#9478 7 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Meh. They're just trying to hold him to his own word. Andrew said we'd get an update AND an email. No email. And that really wasn't an update, just a video showing some of the "Find Jonesy" clips with recycled shots of the ball that were used in the "Bug Hunt" teaser. Teasers aren't updates. Questions have been asked and directed to Heighway and team, and questions are still unanswered. People just get tired of being strung along, which is basically how I've felt this year on this title. Dates promised turned into dates missed. I'd just be happy not getting any "updates"... You can't promise to deliver, fail, and not expect any noise from the peanut gallery.
Here's to hoping she'll be done soon!

If people don't want to be strung along, they are free to not preorder and to wait until the game comes out. Nobody is forcing anyone to preorder, and there will be plenty of machines available for purchase once the preorders are all out the door.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Total BS! If we have deposits down and are paid in full, they 100% owe us updates for the good faith we placed with our cash. If we were just on a list with no money down, then that would be correct. I'm generally a patient guy and you'll hear few complaints from me, but please don't say we are not owed anything when many of us have had cash down on this for many months.

For your deposit, they owe you one thing and one thing only: a spot in line to buy a machine. When you preordered was there a little blurb that said "for your deposit, you will be getting frequent updates"? Because I certainly don't remember that. If you're too impatient to accept that, maybe preorders and deposits are not for you?

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

He has already updated your request...30 games done in the next 9 days....100 more next month.

Finding it hard to believe they are going to get 30 games built in a week, so I would like an updated update...to the update.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

100% agree, and all I'm looking for is for those timelines to be updated as best Heighway can. I'm expecting to get my machine in March. If it shows up before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but if I was given a realistic timeline of a month before that I would sell a machine to make room a month sooner.

#9479 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

For your deposit, they owe you one thing and one thing only: a spot in line to buy a machine. When you preordered was there a little blurb that said "for your deposit, you will be getting frequent updates"? Because I certainly don't remember that. If you're too impatient to accept that, maybe preorders and deposits are not for you?

Maybe so, but to me, keeping us up to date on progress/changes/delivery is implied. Fortunately, Andrew and the Heighway team has done that. If they had the sort of mindset you're explaining, then I would imaging that many people including myself would have given them the finger and jumped ship a long time ago. I don't like dealing with anyone that has the f-you I don't owe you a damn thing mentality. Call me crazy, but I'm just not comfortable giving cash to someone that won't a least offer an occasional reach around.

#9480 7 years ago

The way I look at it, we've all been waiting *30 years* for this game, what's another month or two?

#9481 7 years ago

Apologies if I derail the direction this Alien thread is going with some Alien goodness. Thought I'd share an interesting read:

http://www.cutprintfilm.com/features/how-aliens-transcends-genre/

"Cameron’s film is a benchmark that transcends genre classification. Whatever category you decide to place it in, it’s one of the most entertaining movies ever made."

#9482 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

Here is the promised update - apologies for it being a few days later than we had intended.

We are working flat out building games at the moment, but we have suffered some delays. We rejected a batch of playfields, all PCB sets were rejected and some models are behind schedule. A few other parts are also delayed.

The 9th December goal for shipping 20 games has been missed. We break up for our Christmas break 2 weeks from Friday 16th and return on Monday 2nd January. We won't be able to ship these games before Friday 16th December.

We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January. Huge quantities of parts were ordered weeks ago for full production and the plan is still very much to be making large numbers of LEs in January. We still intend shipping LEs to customers in January.

There's nothing we would have liked more than to show you pictures of games shipping before Christmas. Are we - or more importantly "I" - guilty of unrealsitic timeframes? Yes. For this I apologise. But we all care deeply about this game and are determined to give you what you want. We are very close to shipping games now but we ARE running a few weeks behind schedule.

Please find attached a variety of production photos taken over the last month. We will continue to update you with our progress.

Tomorrow we will release a production video on our YouTube channel - and will post it here accordingly. The following day we will post an "extended cut" of the 'Find Jonesy' teaser video. We mistakenly posted the "short edit" yesterday.

Thanks for reading this update and apologies to anyone who has felt that we have not been communicative recently.

Production Photos 2016-page-001 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-001 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-002 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-002 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-003 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-003 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-004 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-004 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-005 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-005 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-006 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-006 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-007 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-007 (resized).jpg

Production Photos 2016-page-008 (resized).jpgProduction Photos 2016-page-008 (resized).jpg

#9483 7 years ago

Here is the promised update - apologies for it being a few days later than we had intended.
We are working flat out building games at the moment, but we have suffered some delays. We rejected a batch of playfields, all PCB sets were rejected and some models are behind schedule. A few other parts are also delayed.

No worries. The most important thing above all is to ship us some solidly built games that are a blast to play. Send those crappy playfields and PCBs back and make them get it right. That's what I like to hear.

#9484 7 years ago

We are running behind schedule - but not by much. The 20 Standard Edition games should now be ready to ship within 2 weeks of us returning on 2nd January. Huge quantities of parts were ordered weeks ago for full production and the plan is still very much to be making large numbers of LEs in January. We still intend shipping LEs to customers in January.
There's nothing we would have liked more than to show you pictures of games shipping before Christmas. Are we - or more importantly "I" - guilty of unrealsitic timeframes? Yes. For this I apologise. But we all care deeply about this game and are determined to give you what you want. We are very close to shipping games now but we ARE running a few weeks behind schedule.

Thanks for the update Andrew. But at this point, I really do think that you would be better served by saying that you are "running a few months behind schedule" rather than "a few weeks behind schedule" given the various issues that you list in your post. All PCB's were rejected? Do you have replacements yet? If not, when? What were the issues with the playfields that were rejected? Has the issue been resolved?

What were the "other few parts" that were delayed? Have they been received yet?

Just seems unlikely that these issues will result in only being "a few weeks behind schedule." Give yourself some breathing room.

#9485 7 years ago

Thanks for the update.
I was a little bit shocked because my first impression after looking the pictures was "OMG, is Kevin Kulek really assembling my Alien Playfield?"

Great pictures, looking to see more regarding the announced changes / improvements.

#9486 7 years ago

Hi everyone,
The 9th December goal for shipping 20 games has been missed. We break up for our Christmas break 2 weeks from Friday 16th and return on Monday 2nd January. We won't be able to ship these games before Friday 16th December.
Please find attached a variety of production photos taken over the last month. We will continue to update you with our progress.
Tomorrow we will release a production video on our YouTube channel - and will post it here accordingly. The following day we will post an "extended cut" of the 'Find Jonesy' teaser video. We mistakenly posted the "short edit" yesterday.
Thanks for reading this update and apologies to anyone who has felt that we have not been communicative recently.

Can you reveal what will appear in the pin where the alien chamber used to be?

#9487 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can you reveal what will appear in the pin where the alien chamber used to be?

We would rather show you - and that's not too far away

#9488 7 years ago

How about an update on LE artwork?

#9489 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

How about an update on LE artwork?

It is being dealt with - that's all we can say.

Once it is finished, and FOX have approved it, then you guys will be the first to know. It's unlikely we will be revealing the artwork before January though.

At this stage, the approval won't take long once submitted.

#9490 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

No worries. The most important thing above all is to ship us some solidly built games that are a blast to play. Send those crappy playfields and PCBs back and make them get it right. That's what I like to hear.

^^^ what he said. Thanks for the update and still excited to see what you all come up with.

#9491 7 years ago

Damn, it looks like assembling a pinball machine is so much fun!

How do your employees heat their lunches?

#9492 7 years ago

It is being dealt with - that's all we can say.
Once it is finished, and FOX have approved it, then you guys will be the first to know. It's unlikely we will be revealing the artwork before January though.
At this stage, the approval won't take long once submitted.

This is going to be awesome!!! If anything close to what has already been shown, I can only expect to be stunned!!!

#9493 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for the update Andrew. But at this point, I really do think that you would be better served by saying that you are "running a few months behind schedule" rather than "a few weeks behind schedule" given the various issues that you list in your post. All PCB's were rejected? Do you have replacements yet? If not, when? What were the issues with the playfields that were rejected? Has the issue been resolved?
Just seems unlikely that these issues will result in only being "a few weeks behind schedule." Give yourself some breathing room.

Some solid questions you asked here! It would have been nice to see these answered along with the other questions which were answered quickly.

#9494 7 years ago

I have no problems with delays, that is only a sign on that its important for heighway to release a genuine and high quality game. Havent we seen to many rushed releases already?

#9495 7 years ago

Did they turn of the heating, all off them are wearing caps?

#9496 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did they turn of the heating, all off them are wearing caps?

It's probably a fashion statement.

#9497 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no problem answering specifics.

All PCBs were rejected. 3 replacement sets leave China this Saturday. 23 more sets on Monday. If these check out ok, 100 more sets (for the LEs) will arrive in the first 10 days of January

The playfields had insert problems, believed to have been caused by mis-handling during shipping. Replacements, plus spares, are already on the line. These will arrive with us within 2 weeks. The first 100 playfields for the LEs are scheduled to arrive within the first 2 weeks of January

Other "delayed" parts include the Facehugger brackets - which we are working on right now. The knock on effect is the facehugger models that are molded onto the brackets are delayed. These will now be molded over the Christmas period. Other than this - it's some suppliers running 1-2 weeks late. We push them as hard as we can.

#9498 7 years ago

I was hoping all the posts where due to a big update and shipping games but this statement alone makes up for it:

We rejected a batch of playfields, all PCB sets were rejected

There would be nothing worse than getting Alien before Xmas to then have board issues and playfield issues. I think its important with Alien being Heighways first big profile game to get it right out of the gates and to avoid a fiasco like GB.

The delays suck! But it's great to see a company caring about the quality of their product before placing it in customers hands.

#9499 7 years ago

Good to see that progress is made. Not as fast as some of us hoped, but as said by others it is good to see that quality assurance is an important part of the overall production process.

Personally I am fine with how things are going right now. Heighway comes with regular and detailed updates, listens to feedback and interacts with the pinball community as much as they can (they do have pins to make ) I think we are at the end of the ride and I am looking forward to what I think will be a very memorable pin.

#9500 7 years ago

Going to be a great game, and it is refreshing to see Andrew here (as he always has been) addressing questions and specifics. Gives me confidence to place my order once I see Aliens in people's homes (and I've saved the ca$h up).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/190?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.