• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 490.
#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You mean we can't actually take Andrew's word for it?
Seems pretty specific:

Accurate timelines just aren't Andrew's thing.

At least BM66 is finally about to ship.

#9402 2 years ago

I imagine all deadlines are tentative. You never know when something might happen.

You either get regular updates and communication with dates subject to change or you get Stern's way of doing things which is ship some games really quick and others 7 months later without any communication or updates.

I prefer constant communication with occasional deadlines missed.

#9403 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Development is definitely at an advanced stage and we believe we are absolutely still on course for summer 2016 production

I just skip past the production dates now whenever they're mentioned.

#9404 2 years ago

I don't believe ANYTHING until I see a game being unboxed…..

#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least BM66 is finally about to ship.

They are altering/replacing the Queen Chamber (coffee can) so that might have created a small delay, I am just grateful that while being this far into the development/start of production Andrew & co. where willing to improve an area for "us" and make Alien even better from "our" feedback.

They can have another month or two as long as they improve that I wont mind waiting, BM66 will keep me busy till Alien arrives

#9406 2 years ago

We will be emailing updates, and posting an update here, tomorrow

#9407 2 years ago

We will be emailing updates, and posting an update here, tomorrow

I cant give your post two thumbs up but Ripley can! Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

ALIEN (resized).png

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's kind of funny people want a family mode for this pin to reduce gore with so many other arcade vids/pins include blood.

I would guess those people don't own those games/pins...? More options=broader audience=more sales

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I would guess those people don't own those games/pins...? More options=broader audience=more sales

Maybe but it would be hard to find a person without any form of media that doesn't refer to blood, violence, or gore in their home. Most Alien fans (and non-fans) know what they're getting when they buy something associated with the franchise.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Maybe but it would be hard to find a person without any form of media that doesn't refer to blood, violence, or gore in their home. Most Alien fans (and non-fans) know what they're getting when they buy something associated with the franchise.

What is the downside to a menu option for family mode? That's really the point. References to gore and something exploding out of a human's chest are somewhat different

#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What is the downside to a menu option for family mode? That's really the point. References to gore and something exploding out of a human's chest are somewhat different

It compromises the original intent of the cinema art.

#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It compromises the original intent of the cinema art.

Not having Ripley in it would do that too..so you should cancel

Also, no, it doesn't

#9413 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I didn't say there was a downside. In my original post...

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Oh well. It's nice Heighway's team can do that for them.

Time spent putting the option in versus boost in sales because of the option is probably negligible. No downside. No upside. No problems from me.

#9414 2 years ago

What happened to the update?
edit-
I just read that the sight was down for 5 hours today.

#9415 2 years ago

There was supposed to be an email?

#9416 2 years ago

Came here to read the update but Andrew is probably waiting for the 3 old guys to stop arguing about a kids mode for one minute so he can post it! Please show me one thread on this site not derailed by old men trading jabs about absolutely nothing!

#9417 2 years ago

what?!!!

angry-grandpa_o_5244785 (resized).jpg

#9418 2 years ago

"Free beer tomorrow!"

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Came here to read the update but Andrew is probably waiting for the 3 old guys to stop arguing about a kids mode for one minute so he can post it! Please show me one thread on this site not derailed by old men trading jabs about absolutely nothing!

kids these days...a-holes! Am I right, eh? Huh? GET OFF MY LAWN MILLENNIAL !!!

#9420 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Came here to read the update but Andrew is probably waiting for the 3 old guys to stop arguing about a kids mode for one minute so he can post it!

I agree, hey Wickerman go to the Dialed in and WOZ threads, plenty of happy colorful characters and songs for u there, leave us in peace.

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

kids these days...a-holes! Am I right, eh? Huh? GET OFF MY LAWN MILLENNIAL !!!

I mean I'm on the border of being a millennial and I was one of the guys discussing family mode. And I thought it was a little side discussion not an argument. Why do you have to be so mean Dee-Bow?

#9422 2 years ago

Yeah Andrew said big update today

#9423 2 years ago

I am hoping for graphics that give children nightmares, myself.

#9424 2 years ago

Haha..I guess I'm a grumpy old man too !

#9425 2 years ago

Just because it's an update, doesn't mean it's good news....

#9426 2 years ago

"Hickok45 here"

#9427 2 years ago

He's one bad ass dude!

#9428 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Not the production update today - but a sneak preview of one of the 'Alien' modes.

In this short teaser video we show you the mood, and some of the shots, of the "Find Jonesy" mode.

This short video is just a teaser video, and does not reveal the true depth of this mode.

#9429 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
Not the production update today - but a sneak preview of one of the 'Alien' modes.
In this short teaser video we show you the mood, and some of the shots, of the "Find Jonesy" mode.
This short video is just a teaser video, and does not reveal the true depth of this mode.
» YouTube video

Looks great Andrew!!
Is there a new ETA on the production update?
Looking forward to my LE!!

#9430 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
» YouTube video

Not sure what to make of the audio in this clip, since it seems to contain movie clips that aren't actually used in the game (?), so maybe doesn't reflect the actual in game sound effects, etc.

Anyway, I hope the spinner makes an awesome sound(s) and isn't ignored, or worse yet, annoying and lame (I'm looking at you RBION!).

#9431 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I hope the spinner makes an awesome sound(s) and isn't ignored.

I don't know if it's ever been done before (sure someone will know for certain) but has a spinner ever had mode specific sounds??

I know most modern Sterns have a single spinner sound, but for Alien it would be awesome if it had multiple/mode specific spinner sounds like "Alien screams", "alien hissing", "Alien queen sounds", "power loader sound fx" or "pulse rifle gun fire".

Literally spinners are one of my favourite shots to make and having a spinner with multiple sounds would be great!

#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Not sure what to make of the audio in this clip, since it seems to contain movie clips that aren't actually used in the game (?), so maybe doesn't reflect the actual in game sound effects, etc.

I don't understand this comment, can you clarify what you mean?

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't understand this comment, can you clarify what you mean?

I don't think he gets that the video clips are "zoomed in" shots of the screen. Looks pretty sweet to me!

#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't know if it's ever been done before (sure someone will know for certain) but has a spinner ever had mode specific sounds??
I know most modern Sterns have a single spinner sound, but for Alien it would be awesome if it had multiple/mode specific spinner sounds like "Alien screams", "alien hissing", "Alien queen sounds", "power loader sound fx" or "pulse rifle gun fire".
Literally spinners are one of my favourite shots to make and having a spinner with multiple sounds would be great!

That is a great suggestion, JonM.

I would also love to see more creative thinking behind all the stuff that has become more or less window dressing in pinball machines, like top and bottom lanes, bumpers, end of ball bonus and especially spinners.

Love the simple but creative way that the bumpers in Full Throttle actually does something meaningful (works towards playfield multiplier)

Only modern Stern game that has a meaningful use of spinners (that I can think of right now) is World Poker Tour (either raise the value if you have a great hand or go for multiball)

Btw: I love spinners too

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They are altering/replacing the Queen Chamber (coffee can) so that might have created a small delay

You mean the change that people insisted would have no impact after expo..??
Wonder if that LE art is finalized and approved yet...

#9436 2 years ago

I like how this pin seems to be shaping up, the different modes really look like they're going to be fun. I was a little disappointed to still see the airlock chamber in the video, I was hoping they would have the playfield 'replacement' ready for reveal.

#9437 2 years ago

Wow, the sounds are phenomenal and the mood created is surreal. Based on this little snippet it looks like the work going into this is coming together very well. You go David Thiel, you go! I like all the video animation nuances too. Very nice. Keep up the beautiful work, looks to be a very special pin with a player experience oozing with the Alien/s Movie ambiance.

It will be fun playing this one with the lights off, and with the headphones on, and mostly at night, mostly.

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

I don't think he gets that the video clips are "zoomed in" shots of the screen. Looks pretty sweet to me!

Ah, yeah, that would make sense. To be clear, all the clips in that video are in the game.

#9439 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You mean the change that people insisted would have no impact after expo..??
Wonder if that LE art is finalized and approved yet...

Yeah, and as an LE preorder, it sucks, but honestly if it means a better product, I can wait.

#9440 2 years ago

The Queen air lock chamber is still there in the Jonesy video. I'm loving Bug Hunt and Jonesy so far.

Layout update? Art package for LE? Updated production timeline?

#9441 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not sure if it's been done before, but Alien does have distinct spinner sounds during Sentry Guns Multiball, which is a spinner-centric multiball.

#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, yeah, that would make sense. To be clear, all the clips in that video are in the game.

Yeah, the way the video was cut I wasn't sure the clips were directly from the game.

But I didn't hear any specific sound effect when the spinner was hit so that's what prompted the comment. Probably just a side-effect of how the video was put together.

#9443 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Updated production timeline?

The production update is that there is no update.

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not sure if it's been done before, but Alien does have distinct spinner sounds during Sentry Guns Multiball, which is a spinner-centric multiball.

This is awesome news!

One of my favorite shots is ripping the spinner in Black Knight. But way better is ripping the lit spinner in BK with its glorious early 80s Williams algorithmic digital sound!

...pure heaven is ripping the lit spinner in BK so hard that the sound effect "wraps around" from the highest pitch back to the lowest one. That is one of the simpliest but most enjoyable things that can happen in pinball.

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Would be great if it was done and Alien was the first, spinners are going to sound awesome during SGMB but it would be great if the spinners could have an audio impact else where in the game/modes. Plus it's always cool to be the 1st at doing something

#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thank you for the clarification Aurich and a big congratulations to everyone involved in the video aspect of Alien, it literally looks as good as it sounds and David has knocked the audio out the park!

#9447 2 years ago

Sounds amazing!

I do think that these teaser videos would better capture the atmosphere of the game if they were shot in low light though.

#9448 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
» YouTube video

These little edited snippet videos are cute and all...but when will we get to fill our tummies with a meaty full on gameplay one?

I mean why not? The first 20 games are about boxed up and ready to go right?

release the first 20 Alien Pinball Standard Edition games in early December.

#9449 2 years ago

I'm tired of waiting and waiting and waiting for a Australian distributor to be announced, my money is going elsewhere for the time being.
If and when that announcement is made and a local distributor has them in stock I will revisit this title.

#9450 2 years ago

It looks like the left ramp has been changed a bit to make it flow back to the flipper faster.
Anyone else notice this - is it different than what we saw in Chicago?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside