• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 490.
#9301 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
Here is the promised update.
Everyone in the company, and involved with the company, is working flat out to release the first 20 Alien Pinball Standard Edition games in early December. 10 more games are due to follow before our 2 week Christmas/New Year shutdown (16th December - 2nd January).
These 10 games may or may not be LEs - depending on progress in the coming weeks.
100 LE games are scheduled for January, and every month thereafter, as a minimum. This means that we will be able to deliver games much faster to our customers in the future.
Expo and Pinside have proved invaluable feedback for our game. We have listened and made a few key changes, without bringing big delays to our production schedule. This means that everyone has had to work twice as hard in order to make such changes without causing any big delays.
So what changes have been made? We have made some significant alterations to the left ramp. Previously, the ball ricocheted off the target at the top of the ramp, and then stopped by hitting the platform wall. We never liked this shot either, and now the ramp has been changed at the top to bring the ball quickly 180 degrees back down the platform and to the left flipper. This now brings flow to a shot that previously had little.
The unloved "Queen Chamber" has now been removed and replaced with something else. We will reveal this feature as we get closer to our release date. The Queen is still planned to appear eleswhere - but again, we will reveal details of this later
We have also made a number of changes based on extensive play over the Expo period - such as fixing software bugs and making some playfield alterations, where there were ball hang ups, for example.
We made the decision not to publish videos that show entire modes being played out, as we feel that removed the excitement for players that want to explore the game themselves. Instead, we will show a number of teaser videos for some of the modes in the game. These teaser videos are designed to show some highlights of the mode, but do not reflect the depth of rules that exist in these modes.
A lot of work has gone into making the modes easy to understand and play - but then give a lot of depth to experienced/returning players at the same time.
We will release more videos over the coming weeks. After games have begun shipping, we will release a tutorial video that will explain the basic rules of the game.
We have replaced some staff and increased staff numbers in key areas such as technical support and customer service. We are catching up in all areas and aim to give the correct levels of service and support over the coming days and weeks.
Thanks for reading. Here is the "Bug Hunt" teaser video:
» YouTube video

Great update Andrew, that brings back the momentum. This game looks like it can become a winner on many areas and maybe all.

Well done team Heighway and awesome that you interact with the community

#9302 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kelly and I worked together on a lot of tests and samples to get the glitchy analog look of the videos right.

You did very well there. I really like the look. Great work

#9303 2 years ago

This keeps getting better and better, just need an Australian distributor and I'm in.

#9304 2 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Please can you pm or email me regarding my refund?

Sent you a few mails on this, also tried to call the factory but the number is u/s.

Cheers, Kris

#9305 2 years ago

After watching the video and the graphic chestbuster scene, is there going to be a setting that is suitable for young children?

#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

After watching the video and the graphic chestbuster scene, is there going to be a setting that is suitable for young children?

Hopefully not

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

why? Both Alien movies were R rated and this pin starts with that as source material. Now, if they wanted to add some extra dialog including swearing and obsenities (think RZ), then I could see why you might want to have an option to tone it down some. But on Alien ... no such feature has ever been requested before - FAIL.

#9308 2 years ago

We're talking about a potential software option here. The game can be full-on R-rated from factory, but to not even put in some sort of option to blacken the screen during the gore you're giving up on the sales to everyone that doesn't particularly want to show gore to their children or put it on location in anything outside of a bar.

#9309 2 years ago

Is the specific art package for the LE includes the playfield or it will be exactly the same as the standard one ?

#9310 2 years ago

Now Alien needs a Safe Space setting?

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

you're giving up on the sales to everyone that doesn't particularly want to show gore to their children or put it on location in anything outside of a bar.

Early on they had mentioned having both options...is it gore only now?

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Now Alien needs a Safe Space setting?

On location: "How's your hamburger?". Seems like a fair point.

Lunch (resized).jpg

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

I'd love to have this pin some day, but giving my young children nightmares would seriously factor into my decision on whether or not to get the game. "safe mode" would be a great option.

#9314 2 years ago

Just get the game out already without having to add extra features not many people will use. Add it as a code update down the road if there's really a demand for it.

#9315 2 years ago

In space, no one can hear you whinge

#9316 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew,
Sent you a few mails on this, also tried to call the factory but the number is u/s.
Cheers, Kris

Your not the only one having issues on getting a refund....it's ridiculous.

#9317 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew,
Cheers, Kris

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Your not the only one having issues on getting a refund....it's ridiculous.

I am working through delays personally myself this weekend - apologies for any delays

#9318 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for a response too Andrew.

#9319 2 years ago

Why are people asking for a refund of their deposit? Game so far looks impressive to me. I think this could be a great title from Highway Pinball. Very excited to see more as I love the theme.

#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Why are people asking for a refund of their deposit?

Domino's Pizza game is shipping

#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Why are people asking for a refund of their deposit?

This happens with every game as it approaches time to pony up the full amount. I did the same thing with MMR. Once it's time to drop the remaining 7k, you start asking yourself just how bad you really want this game.

#9323 2 years ago

That teaser was AWESOME! I'll take as many gory scenes as you can possibly cram into every mode! I have been a little on the fence but I think you finally sold me with that teaser

#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Why are people asking for a refund of their deposit? Game so far looks impressive to me. I think this could be a great title from Highway Pinball. Very excited to see more as I love the theme.

I remember reading a couple pages back in the thread that some people where going to cancel after it was confirmed Sigourney/Ripley would not be present in the audio and visual and it was a deal breaker for some.

Members of Heighway mentioned that's because of licencing issues but it worked out okay because they designed the game for the player to be Ripley. There's also that little rumour about Stern & GB too

#9325 2 years ago

This happened with Apollo 13 too. They couldn't get Tom Hanks' rights so made him the guy in the astronaut suit.

#9326 2 years ago

I have my reasons but feel it's pointless to raise them as the game is nearly done. I wish HP all the best and I might come back in at a future date.

#9327 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I have my reasons but feel it's pointless to raise them as the game is nearly done. I wish HP all the best and I might come back in at a future date.

If there minor maybe it is worth raising or asking the question? HP has certainly been excellent when its come to listening to their market/potential buyers and acting on what they have heard, there's been some pretty big changes as a result, speaking of which I want to know what the queen chamber change is that's got me beyond curious

#9328 2 years ago

if you're a pinball addict, and a ALIEN movies fan, how to not love this ?

#9329 2 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Probably makes sense, but would be permanently disabled on mine....

#9330 2 years ago

I know we're handling a family mode with the audio, sure we can work it out for video too. Honestly aside from chestbursters I don't think there's anything else 'bad' enough to need an alternate.

#9331 2 years ago

Also, I just want to note that I'm not spending much time on Pinside these days, kind of have a lot on my plate real world wise. So if you notice I'm not posting much it's not related to Alien. And honestly I have no power over what happening in Wales anyways, so not much insight I can offer right now.

#9332 2 years ago

The Bug Hunt teaser looks pretty sweet! Looking forward to seeing the announcement of the other changes/refinements. Also resisting the urge to pre-order.

#9333 2 years ago

I personally cannot WAIT to drop $6450 on this. Makes Stern's releases look ....well....cheap.

There's no denying it: you will be on their radar with this release. It's just getting too big.

It's going to look fantastic next to AFM. What a contrast...!

Aurich, this has got to be so "winning" for you and the whole team - given the initial "backlash" of the unpopulated playfield release. That is ALL a distant memory now...!

#9334 2 years ago

I will say I agree the tide is shifting. I am not happy with how Stern is handling themselves lately, and was thinking my next NIB would be Dialed In. After playing it extensively at the Nashville show, while the game shot well, I couldn't justify $9k for a terrible theme. For $9k you need to love EVERYTHING! I am back looking at Alien and thinking it may be an awesome alternative. On the fence, can't wait to see games starting to ship!!!

#9335 2 years ago

as i can only have 1 pinball home, now i have to really think to not more looking to swap my GB... but well sell it !
and go for ALIEN

(now, just have to repeat in my head : keep calm keep calm keep calm... )

#9336 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

as i can only have 1 pinball home, now i have to really think to not more looking to swap my GB... but well sell it !
and go for ALIEN
(now, just have to repeat in my head : keep calm keep calm keep calm... )

Or
(go for it, go for it, go for it........)

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I personally cannot WAIT to drop $6450 on this. Makes Stern's releases look ....well....cheap.

Unfortunately Stern are doing a good job of that themselves these days, with their double whammy tactics of price hikes while allowing quality to plummet! And I love Stern games btw so that's not bashing, it's just a fact their starting to "Alien"ate their customer/fan base.

I totally agree Alien makes Sterns latest offering look stripped bare. And if Heighway can release games #3 & #4 in a good time frame with killer themes like Alien at a similar price point to Alien (I'm guessing so happy to be corrected, but I think Alien is probably being kept as close to its anouncement pricing as possible to built up that customer base) then I can see them taking ALOT of customers away from Stern.

I know personally if Heighway come out with another theme like Alien something like Die Hard, Predator, Back to the Future, James Bond and the pricing is not far off Alien with the option of being able to buy a kit as well to reduce costs further I'll be buying Heighway games without a second thought to Stern.

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I totally agree Alien makes Sterns latest offering look stripped bare.

I'm loving how ALIEN is shaping up and can't wait to get mine but to say Stern's are looking "stripped bare" is ridiculous.

GBLE is a jam packed and phenomenal pin, so is TWDLE btw.

I get that it makes people feel better about their purchase to slam the other guys but its just not true.

#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm loving how ALIEN is shaping up and can't wait to get mine but to say Stern's are looking "stripped bare" is ridiculous.
GBLE is a jam packed and phenomenal pin, so is TWDLE btw.
I get that it makes people feel better about their purchase to slam the other guys but its just not true.

I was referring to BM66 Ice, which by the way I am strongly considering buying and I am not ashamed to admit I am looking to buy one but compared to Alien BM66 does looked stripped, compare GB to BM66 and like you said GB is jam packed, BM66 looks stripped in comparison, but Stern are good at making fun games with great themes and that's why I love them, but Aliens is bursting with features couldn't help another Alien related pun

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was referring to BM66 Ice, which by the way I am strongly considering buying and I am not ashamed to admit I am looking to buy one but compared to Alien BM66 does looked stripped, compare GB to BM66 and like you said GB is jam packed, BM66 looks stripped in comparison, but Stern are good at making fun games with great themes and that's why I love them, but Aliens is bursting with features couldn't help another Alien related pun

Thumbs up. I'm bursting with excitement too over Alien.

I agree that compared to BM66 it does look a lot less packed but like you said, great theme and Lyman coding, with LCD, could be great too, the jury is out and can't imagine Stern won't make the 30th anniversary pin great.

I've said before, I'm hoping ALIEN is the most immersive pin ever, with the clips and Thiel sound it certainly could be, especially with headphones.

#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've said before, I'm hoping ALIEN is the most immersive pin ever, with the clips and Thiel sound it certainly could be, especially with headphones.

Couldn't agree more, I am also hopeful that Heighway can release games #3 and #4 with themes that have the kind of worldwide appeal that Aliens does (DIE HARD NEEDS A PIN!!) and can keep their pricing extremely competitive as it is currently.

If they can achieve those 2 things it will give Heighway a huge jump into the market with the 2 big boys and they would surely have to start taking note and offer a comparative product? I would certainly LOVE to see jam packed pins @ 6 - 9k from 3 mainstream companies, the only thing that's going to be bad for is our wallets.

#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am also hopeful that Heighway can release games #3 and #4 with themes that have the kind of worldwide appeal that Aliens does (DIE HARD NEEDS A PIN!!)

I started a thread about most desired themes, and there really isn't much left in terms of having a super wide appeal other than possibly Harry Potter.

I don't think that Die Hard even comes close to having the same appeal that Alien/s does.

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thumbs up. I'm bursting with excitement too over Alien.
I agree that compared to BM66 it does look a lot less packed but like you said, great theme and Lyman coding, with LCD, could be great too, the jury is out and can't imagine Stern won't make the 30th anniversary pin great.

This pretty much covers it, completely agree, and why I'm in on both. Alien and BM66 will be different and great in their own ways.

BM66 doesn't NEED to be loaded w stuff ( think IMVE) ...it has nostalgia, theme out the ass." Less can be more", and hoping this pin delivers.

Alien will be a landmark in pinball immersion for sci if grail theme, combining technology in a way that most pinheads WANT. "More is more" in this case, and hoping for this, as well.

A great duo, imho, on their own.....in THEORY.....no one knows until these things get out in the wild.

The wait sucks, but I want them both as complete as possible before actual launch. Suspect both companies are in tune to that request from all of us.

#9345 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I started a thread about most desired themes, and there really isn't much left in terms of having a super wide appeal other than possibly Harry Potter.
I don't think that Die Hard even comes close to having the same appeal that Alien/s does.

Unfortunately Harry Potter will most likely never happen, which sucks because although I am not a fan my son loves it and for that reason I would be tempted because I would jump on a theme that could potentially get him addicted to pinball like his old man and my old man was

I agree there is not a whole lot left that hasn't already been done but then again I wouldn't mind seeing older themes revisited, its worked wonders for Hollywood so why not Pinball? I would have no issue with a Heighway T1 & T2 pin sat next to my Alien & Aliens pin or maybe licences that maybe didn't get the treatment they deserved, I would sign up day one for a Back to the Future pin where I can play each movie like Alien/Aliens allows you the choice.

#9346 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately Harry Potter will most likely never happen,

Lets leave Harry Potter out of this Aliens Thread, a boy doing magic doesn't belong here, thanks.

#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Lets leave Harry Potter out of this Aliens Thread, a boy doing magic doesn't belong here, thanks.

Ha....agreed...

I think Predator would be the natural match for Alien, and a great second title for heighway...

Also would be cool for a new SP pin, but just my thoughts...

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just played the protoype at the hungarian pinball open for 30 minutes straight on saturday early morning (the only time there were not 10 people waiting behind
Don't know if there's been a software update since expo but it felt there were more light effects than on the videos i have seen. The one thing i can definitely assure you is that immersion and sound are on a level i've never experienced on a pinball machine before! The audio effects in combination with the awesome videoclips gave me sweaty hands and a higher heart rate after 10 seconds of playing the machine.
Shots felt awesome too, same caveats as the expo crowd already mentioned, left ramp will be redesigned and that's a good thing.
Cheers

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Just played the protoype at the hungarian pinball open for 30 minutes straight on saturday early morning (the only time there were not 10 people waiting behind
Don't know if there's been a software update since expo but it felt there were more light effects than on the videos i have seen. The one thing i can definitely assure you is that immersion and sound are on a level i've never experienced on a pinball machine before! The audio effects in combination with the awesome videoclips gave me sweaty hands and a higher heart rate after 10 seconds of playing the machine.
Shots felt awesome too, same caveats as the expo crowd already mentioned, left ramp will be redesigned and that's a good thing.
Cheers

SWEET!!! It's crazy how the machine lets you " sink right in" to the experience...a little ( very) creepy at certain points...love it!!!

#9350 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Unfortunately Harry Potter will most likely never happen

you have some inside scoop?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
9,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Goteborg
There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside