DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 601.
#9001 7 years ago

Anyone having trouble contacting Heighway Pinball? They are not returning any emails. Sent 4 emails in last two weeks. Trying to add items to my LE order. Concerned.

#9002 7 years ago

No worries man...not offended...200+ down votes in this thread and I'm still here

#Alien pre order lives matter

Btw..awesome bike!

#9003 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Anyone having trouble contacting Heighway Pinball? They are not returning any emails. Sent 4 emails in last two weeks. Trying to add items to my LE order. Concerned.

Hi Calprog - sorry if you couldn't get through.

Please send me an email to [email protected] and I'll answer you directly.

#9004 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not a fact. The only kit system so far was Pinball 2000...

Wouldn't conversion games have served a similar purpose and so be considered as the same thing? They were more successful in the video game market than pinball but conversion games have always been a viable option for operators. Pinball just never had a conversion game that was a best seller and top earner.

#9005 7 years ago

That didn't last long 3 whole posts. Like I said our moderators are getting really good.

IMG_2211 (resized).PNGIMG_2211 (resized).PNG

#9006 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

That didn't last long 3 whole posts. Like I said our moderators are getting really good.

That has more to do with all of his posts getting deleted.

#9007 7 years ago

How about a deeper cabinet, and 3 playfields....

3 in 1 (resized).jpg3 in 1 (resized).jpg

#9008 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Could be a little difficult to engineer so that it could be worked on easily.

#9009 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That's actually a good idea.
But as many others it will probably be impossible to be more than an idea.

#9010 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could be a little difficult to engineer so that it could be worked on easily.

Just unroll the playfields like a rug

#9011 7 years ago

Any idea when will get an in house video of the pin flipping just to see and hear it properly, I saw a little bit of the gameplay from expo and the promo but would like to see more, Andrew maybe you could let us know? By the way this is my favorite pinball pic of all time, amazing. Thanks

91f31cd186727970914f665778ff1270b6859deb (resized).jpg91f31cd186727970914f665778ff1270b6859deb (resized).jpg

#9012 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont waste your time, timebandit.
User is Kaneda once again (if not him then an obvious dup account with some issues and an axe to grind). The guy has some serious issues. Best practice is to just ignore him and click the report to mod team button. He is not even remotely part of the hobby. His hobby appears being an internet troll as he spends hours of his days trolling arcade, pinball, and even collectible figurine websites. He has little knowledge of anything pinball, has only owned 2 games ever (which he pays top dollar for since he has no idea how to actually work on them), and most notable aspect of the pinball hobby is him getting booted from Pinside multiple times to the point of starting a podcast so now you can listen to all the glorious improper pronunciation, misunderstood pinball vocabulary, and ignorance first hand if you like.
The sad part of it all is that Chris is actually a decent guy in real life and he just wants a couple friends, but has still not learned how to make friends. Toss on the fact that any interaction can be assumed to become part of his further online hate fueled rage or obsession with podcasting about people rather than pinball, and I have learned to just ignore him rather than even give him a chance to become a friend again. I tried to give him a chance at an event last year, which it then became obvious was just storyboard for his podcast. I have since stopped listening and throw his dup accounts on ignore. Trolls just crave attention. Unfortunately with Chris he seems to have some deep seated issues. Normal trolls tend to disappear after so much effort is needed to maintain multiple fake accounts. Chris seems to just feed off the negative interaction and like to go scorched earth on anyone that even attempts to be a friend. Life is too short to deal with this amount of negative energy. Best to just ignore.
On topic, I was originally planning to buy an Aliens kit to swap into the FullT cab like you timebandit. Now I am thinking full Aliens game. FullT is still a top earner on route so no reason to swap it out at this stage.
For any operators out there. If you want to talk percentages, feel free to reach out. You all know what games we have out and we have put FullT at 2 of our 3 locations and it has done well at both. IMHE, FullT has been a good purchase for route and you should try it out if you are on the fence.

Key word here: "ignore"

Then why follow that with paragraphs railing on the guy?

You guys gotta let it go... talk about not feeding the trolls and then you load up a plate of garbage scraps and serve it up for dinner? Huh??

#9013 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Two weeks doesn't sound that bad now that I've been waiting for over a month for a response from Cointaker. They replied within hours when I was asking about a deposit, nothing but silence since I sent them money. Making we wish I ordered direct from Heighway now.

Added over 7 years ago: Got in touch with Cointaker, had email server issues I wasn't aware of. All good and great customer service as usual.

#9015 7 years ago

WOo, that's an awesome video and shows some things I could not trigger at expo. Love it.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

You mean this?
» YouTube video

#9016 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Any idea when will get an in house video of the pin flipping just to see and hear it properly, I saw a little bit of the gameplay from expo and the promo but would like to see more, Andrew maybe you could let us know? By the way this is my favorite pinball pic of all time, amazing. Thanks

WOW! This looks amazing! We need more of those pictures It is better looking then I was hoping for.

#9017 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Our games are STILL on the way back from Chicago! They sat in a warehouse for more than a week!

Anyway, they should be back in days. We will look to do a few gameplay videos when they have returned. One is going straight back to one of our programmers and the other is staying here for now.

Believe it or not, but it's $400 cheaper to ship a game back to us and then ship it directly to one of our programmers than it was to ship it by road directly from Chicago.

#9018 7 years ago

Hi Andrew, I sent an email today to you today regarding my preorder, please can you confirm receipt of this?

Thanks, Kris

#9019 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

You mean this?

Thats the promo vid, I saw that.

#9020 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

WOW! This looks amazing! We need more of those pictures It is better looking then I was hoping for.

08e6c2bbf34214c41af65e6c330ede3e2b0ef1df (resized).jpg08e6c2bbf34214c41af65e6c330ede3e2b0ef1df (resized).jpg

a76a2385c71636b6290104562a7c71058e92bde2 (resized).jpga76a2385c71636b6290104562a7c71058e92bde2 (resized).jpg

#9021 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Some of these aren't that great, but here you go...

IMG_20161013_222818 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_222818 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161013_222729 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_222729 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161013_214441 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_214441 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161013_214404 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_214404 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161013_214213 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_214213 (resized).jpg

#9022 7 years ago

Game is lookin SIIIIICKKCKCKCKCKC. Hope local places snag one up for the public to play or Ill have to wait for the next expo.

All yall with all that junk under your pins should be ashamed. Thats so messy and ugly. I would NEVER store under my pins.

#9023 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

All yall with all that junk under your pins should be ashamed.

you should be ashamed for actually typing "All yall"

#9024 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew, I sent an email today to you today regarding my preorder, please can you confirm receipt of this?
Thanks, Kris

Same here please!

#9025 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you should be ashamed for actually typing "All yall"

All yall slobs.

#9026 7 years ago

If collectors feel the Playfield boxes underneath the pins will be unsightly, maybe there could be an option to have it vinyl-wrapped or a decal glued on all six sides with the theme plastered all over it. That would look pretty cool and not terribly unsightly. After all showing off is part of what collectors do, right?

#9027 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Two weeks doesn't sound that bad now that I've been waiting for over a month for a response from Cointaker. They replied within hours when I was asking about a deposit, nothing but silence since I sent them money. Making we wish I ordered direct from Heighway now.

Call them. They're terrible with email but generally responsive when you phone. I found Chris better than Melissa.

#9028 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far P3, JJP, and Heighway have failed to see the importance of art direction on original themes.

As the art director on Cannon Lagoon, I can say with 100% certainty that Multimorphic has put real effort into improving the quality of the art on their games. As has Heighway, as ALIEN is much better artwise than Full Throttle.

#9029 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

As the art director on Cannon Lagoon, I can say with 100% certainty that Multimorphic has put real effort into improving the quality of the art on their games.

I have to respectfully disagree. The side art & translites all have very dull color styling, and the animation on the playfield looks dated. The entire package screams "Phillips CD-I" and not "Modern 2016" product. If the art has changed since the last public showing, then forgive me.

#9030 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats the promo vid, I saw that.

This is probably the best video out there that highlights the audio this pin has to offer. Plus, there are a couple of cool modes as well
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

#9031 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I did video the whole seminar - and as soon as I get a chance, I will upload it to our YouTube channel and post it here

I know you are very busy Andrew, but some of us really looking forward to watching that presentation video. Just another friendly reminder to upload when you have time

Thanks!

#9032 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I know you are very busy Andrew, but some of us really looking forward to watching that presentation video. Just another friendly reminder to upload when you have time

Not a video but very close: the whole seminar as audio file (many many others on pinballnews.com too)
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/heighway_pinball.mp3

Cheers

#9033 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This is probably the best video out there that highlights the audio this pin has to offer. Plus, there are a couple of cool modes as well
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

Jeez. That bit where Dallas is being stalked in the vents had me shitting myself.

#9034 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No wonder we guys like Giger so much... chock full of phallic imagery Nah I like that alien contraption myself... though that pic makes me think of Prometheus (which is not a bad thing).

Only thing I'm not fond of is the spinning chamber to the left of the Alien head ball lock. It distracts you away from the head which should be the most prominent and well-lit toy on the PF. Plus the way the light reflects off the top of the chamber *really* makes the head disappear in the darkness.

With all the clips they have available I wonder if there will be some alternate ending clips... rather than just the gooey android? Though I do love me some Lance Henriksen... not THAT way but...well you know what I mean. He's just a bad ass.

#9035 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Not a video but very close: the whole seminar as audio file (many many others on pinballnews.com too)
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/heighway_pinball.mp3
Cheers

I gave this a listen, thanks I enjoyed it very much.

Sounds like the lit LE blades also include the back wall of the playfield as a lit EL piece. So there are 3 pieces to the lighted blade kits? Or is the back piece standard and lighted on both SE and LE? How does that work?

#9036 7 years ago

Tunnel escape looks fantastic, I can't wait.

#9037 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sounds like the lit LE blades also include the back wall of the playfield as a lit EL piece. So there are 3 pieces to the lighted blade kits? Or is the back piece standard and lighted on both SE and LE? How does that work?

I interpret the lit LE blades as a 3 piece set, included on the LE, optional upgrade on the Standard. Look amazing in person, btw....

#9038 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The entire package screams "Phillips CD-I" and not "Modern 2016" product

Hey hey hey....some of us actually own a CD-i...!

I'm such a sucker for the underdog.

#9039 7 years ago

I'm hearing vicious rumors flying about again...every time someone tries to elbow in this hobby they get burned down.

#9040 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm hearing vicious rumors flying about again.

What rumors?

#9041 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm hearing vicious rumors flying about again...every time someone tries to elbow in this hobby they get burned down.

Just don't listen to Kaneda or Kim for your info/news. I am not saying they will be wrong or right but they certainly have been biased and seem to want to see a train wreck.

Also, Alien is a big enough license with an already demonstrated game that someone should step up and help out Heighway, ala Wcbrandes, if that was determined to be needed and assuming the license is legit.

#9042 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hey hey hey....some of us actually own a CD-i...!
I'm such a sucker for the underdog.

3DO and Atari Jaguar too?

#9043 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just don't listen to Kaneda or Kim for your info/news. I am not saying they will be wrong or right but they certainly have been biased and seem to want to see a train wreck.

Who is Kim? And Kaneda appears to be taking another break from his podcast through the upcoming holidays.

#9044 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Who is Kim? And Kaneda appears to be taking another break from his podcast through the upcoming holidays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mr68

Have fun reading the back and forth between him and Aurich when you have some time to waste.

#9045 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mr68
Have fun reading the back and forth between him and Aurich when you have some time to waste.

That does sound like fun, but I thought you meant he also has a podcast.

#9046 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That does sound like fun, but I thought you meant he also has a podcast.

No. It has nothing to do with the podcasts. Kaneda appears to post here whenever he wants with various new usernames that get banned along the way.

#9047 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, Alien is a big enough license with an already demonstrated game that someone should step up and help out Heighway, ala Wcbrandes, if that was determined to be needed and assuming the license is legit.

I don't think this kind of comment is helpful at all in terms of trying to stomp out any rumors. I know it wasn't your intent, but talking about the potential for someone being willing to step in to help Heighway (if needed) only furthers the rumors.

#9048 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

3DO and Atari Jaguar too?

Tempest 2000 STILL kicks ass!

#9049 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have to respectfully disagree. The side art & translites all have very dull color styling, and the animation on the playfield looks dated. The entire package screams "Phillips CD-I" and not "Modern 2016" product.

CL was going for a very specific look. I think that look was achieved. Not everything has to be an insane colour explosion like Ghostbusters or Batman '66.

#9050 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think this kind of comment is helpful at all in terms of trying to stomp out any rumors. I know it wasn't your intent, but talking about the potential for someone being willing to step in to help Heighway (if needed) only furthers the rumors.

You are right, it was not my intention.
I guess I could have just recommended that nobody pre-pay for any game regardless of the manufacturer, buyer beware. This has nothing to do with Heighway and everything to do with the state of the hobby. In the last five years we have been witness to a lot of disappointment in this hobby.
We have seen at least one distributor run off with people's money when selling one company's LE games. We have seen one distributor selling a manufacturer's games go bankrupt or sell off his distribution company leaving pre-payers stiffed (lost money) during the design and build stage of a game. We have seen one guy lie that he had a license and end up stiffing all of his pre-payers under the ruse of having one homemade game. We have seen one previously highly-esteemed pinball designer form a company only to screw over all of his pre-payers up to now (not holding my breath on that one).

I believe Heighway has something worthy of success with Alien and the platform they are using. I hope they are successful because I really would like to have multiple quality games for one cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/181?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.