DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 601.
#8701 7 years ago

What's the price on this? Looks to be the clear winner of all the reveals. If it's got the look, and the right price other companies should take note....

#8702 7 years ago

Oldpinguy, I'm not sure if you were aware of this or not but the 3rd movie did have its first treatment written to take place on earth. We had assets made that even showed an egg next to a city skyline... But then David Giles changed his mind (shocker) and decided to write the story himself (producer and writer credit! $$) ... the big mess is on the Alien Bluray. Cost the studio hundreds of millions of dollars. Sigourney never really loved the (literally 10 or 15) scripts that were written, and she had creative control, so back to dev hell it went.

Anyway I always thought that would have been cool had they figured out a good story. Or the wood planet. Not my assets though.

#8703 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sigourney has stated several times since then (that story is from 2011) that she would love to wrap up Ripley's story, and was on board with doing a 5th film written and directed by Neil Blomkamp (director of Section 9 and a bunch of other great stuff), but Ridley Scott's Prometheus/is-it-an-alien-or-not mess trumped it.

That's correct, she was on board for that which makes me extra-sad that it was shelved for Prometheus 2. Everything I'd read about it made it sound awesome and Neill Blomkamp is a fantastic director who seems to really "get" what people would want in a sequel. Ridley, on the other hand, saw a lackluster response to Prometheus and said "Hey, let's do that again." i didn't outright hate Prometheus and I'm hopeful the sequel will be better, but i just don't see them as ever being in the same league as what Blomkamp was working on for various reasons.

#8704 7 years ago

Can you also add the big LCD for the backglass on a standard model? Didn't see that option on website.

#8705 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Has anyone made their payment yet that was due? The whole way it is being handled is kind of odd, then stating not to wire money due to e-mail fraud is a little scary. I'm all about getting it paid but I wanted to have all my options selected and pay for it all at once. Not separate payments and add-ons later and whatnot. Seems like a jumbled mess that could get things messed up later. Wondering how strict on these payments being received and in what time frame they are needed for certain.

I have not made my payment. Agree it's all very strange.

#8706 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Can you also add the big LCD for the backglass on a standard model? Didn't see that option on website.

Yes

#8707 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

What's the price on this? Looks to be the clear winner of all the reveals. If it's got the look, and the right price other companies should take note....

$6,450.00

#8708 7 years ago

Andrew will be on all this next week I imagine. Jet lag, thousands of emails, plus it being his birthday today are likely to have delayed him getting on top of everything.

#8709 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A zillion years ago, after the second film, A bunch of us spent time discussing what might make a good 3rd Movie.
The Drunk and stupefied consensus was to have the plummeting Queen Grab on to a Passing Asteroid, and set up nest.
So happens this Asteroid hits earth in the Ocean, and she swims to nest in the NY Subway System.
Much like any Monster movie threatens us, by hiding in the bowels, this would bring the franchise, at that time, to a more personal level....little girl in bed wakes up to see Alien drooling over her. Grocery moms, Snatched, and pulled down the
street drain "Liquid fast".
Like a Nest of Termites or Ants, they grow and Spread all over NY, (or any city with a Subway), and threaten to Spread.
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters was no help, so Ripley is back, doing her thing in the Subways, water treatment, etc...
Morning dribble and drool, as my coffee cools down.

Did they ever bring Aliens to Earth? I don't recall that they did which is kind of odd. It seemed like the popular thing to do with sequels was bring the monster to a populated city. Gremlins, Predator, and Jurassic Park come to mind.

#8710 7 years ago

HAPPY BDAY ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8711 7 years ago

Happy birfday to a fellow scorpio!! Enjoy your day!!

#8712 7 years ago

If it's really your birthday, Happy Birthday Andrew!

Birthdays are special days, I hope you have a great one!

#8713 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did they ever bring Aliens to Earth? I don't recall that they did which is kind of odd.

AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem (2007)

oh and technically also Aliens vs Predator (2004) which was on Antarctica

#8714 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That's correct, she was on board for that which makes me extra-sad that it was shelved for Prometheus 2. Everything I'd read about it made it sound awesome and Neill Blomkamp is a fantastic director who seems to really "get" what people would want in a sequel. Ridley, on the other hand, saw a lackluster response to Prometheus and said "Hey, let's do that again." i didn't outright hate Prometheus and I'm hopeful the sequel will be better, but i just don't see them as ever being in the same league as what Blomkamp was working on for various reasons.

i just watched aliens again the other night having watched prometheus a few weeks ago. aliens ends up a good overall movie but the back and forth tough guy talk and the attempt to bring humor into it detracted from the overall experience. plot is awesome though. I bought the box blue ray set and have seen alien probably 40 times. not sure what to expect from the 3rd and fourth movies. btw I thought prometheus was really good.

#8715 7 years ago

Just watched all four Alien movies over the last couple of weeks. Aliens is by far my favorite, followed by Alien, Alien 4 and Alien 3. Neither 4 or 3 are very good, almost fell asleep in 3 though.

#8716 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

A zillion years ago, after the second film, A bunch of us spent time discussing what might make a good 3rd Movie.
The Drunk and stupefied consensus was to have the plummeting Queen Grab on to a Passing Asteroid, and set up nest.
So happens this Asteroid hits earth in the Ocean, and she swims to nest in the NY Subway System.
Much like any Monster movie threatens us, by hiding in the bowels, this would bring the franchise, at that time, to a more personal level....little girl in bed wakes up to see Alien drooling over her. Grocery moms, Snatched, and pulled down the
street drain "Liquid fast".
Like a Nest of Termites or Ants, they grow and Spread all over NY, (or any city with a Subway), and threaten to Spread.
Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters was no help, so Ripley is back, doing her thing in the Subways, water treatment, etc...
Morning dribble and drool, as my coffee cools down.

This reminds me of the 1998 Godzilla.

#8717 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Aliens is by far my favorite, followed by Alien, Alien 4 and Alien 3. Neither 4 or 3 are very good, almost fell asleep in 3 though.

Exactly how I would rank them, though Aliens and Alien are very close. I just really love the horror and suspense the first one has, especially if you remember back to the first time you watched it. With Alien 3 I do need to be drinking some coffee to stay awake. 4 was kinda silly, but at least it had Ron Perlman.

#8718 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard black nickel is crazy toxic, and a lot of places don't want to touch it, the environmental regulations are a giant pain in the ass.

Nickel plating is less toxic than either hexa or tri valent chrome plating.

But it's a rather less foolproof and universally suitable process AFAIK

#8719 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did they ever bring Aliens to Earth? I don't recall that they did which is kind of odd. It seemed like the popular thing to do with sequels was bring the monster to a populated city. Gremlins, Predator, and Jurassic Park come to mind.

Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This reminds me of the 1998 Godzilla.

No, They never did bring an Alien Queen to earth.
Many movies use this theme, We have another, Arrival coming out in 2 weeks.
but I felt Aliens was special. They werent large monsters from the sea, they didnt destroy
the White house or choose to conquest like independence day.

They are like termites. They parasite through their existence.
Much like Zombies have been the range for 5 or 6 years, because as monsters, they could be in your back yard,
so the threat or drama is personal. One reason we watch. Where Godzilla, or others are on a massive city
destruction.

Aliens would pick off people to harvest for nesting. They would be a Freddy Kruger fear, meets a Monster.
They could pop up with rural colonies, having hitched a ride, and set up nest in the middle of Iowa, popping out of the ground to grab cattle, dogs, and then people, kids....Id be scared.

In the cities, eggs could be found in a shopping mall, someones basement.
Satire, has people far away wearing face huggers for Halloween, only to have an errant worker Alien, provide a real
one, while the kids think their friend is acting.

By getting them personal, threatening, in our face, pop up fear everywhere. A result of a probe going to a comet and coming back, or a meteor with one landing, makes it very real.

Sorry, I get carried away with Screenplay...TED...help, lets pitch a better alien movie and get JJ Abrams!

Oh, Happy Birthday, Andrew!

#8720 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oldpinguy, I'm not sure if you were aware of this or not but the 3rd movie did have its first treatment written to take place on earth. We had assets made that even showed an egg next to a city skyline... But then David Giles changed his mind (shocker) and decided to write the story himself (producer and writer credit! $$) ... the big mess is on the Alien Bluray. Cost the studio hundreds of millions of dollars. Sigourney never really loved the (literally 10 or 15) scripts that were written, and she had creative control, so back to dev hell it went.
Anyway I always thought that would have been cool had they figured out a good story. Or the wood planet. Not my assets though.

I didnt know this...THANK YOU! ....it would be a natural, and its a story that would be good depending on timing.
Society as a mass, wants to be scared every so often.

#8721 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, I get carried away with Screenplay...TED...help, lets pitch a better alien movie and get JJ Abrams!

Yes! And I already own the title Alien On Earth! Let's do it!

#8722 7 years ago

On the LE, the price is $8150, but does that include the LCD screen in the backbox?

#8723 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

On the LE, the price is $8150, but does that include the LCD screen in the backbox?

No.

#8724 7 years ago

How much to add it? $500?

#8726 7 years ago

Thanks.

So Alien LE with the LCD in the head is $8700.00 not including shipping.

These prices are....unfortunate.

#8727 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.

Just contact heighway and get a quote. Then you can figure out exact price for the options you want.

#8728 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.

Rob.....something seems high about this....may want to reach out to Andrew next week...I'm going to dig out my paperwork tonight...

#8729 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.

My receipt math shows $8400.00 based on my receipt, shipped to my door....not a big difference, but something.....

#8730 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My receipt math shows $8400.00 based on my receipt, shipped to my door....not a big difference, but something.....

Mark, didn't you get a cheaper price for putting money down so long ago?

#8731 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Early preorder price was $7850.

#8732 7 years ago

For $8150 the LE pic on the website shows the big screen in backbox. Has a feature matrix been released yet?

#8733 7 years ago

The website also says what comes with the LE package. Like a shaker motor, lit inner art blades, colored trim. The 27" screen is not on that list.

#8735 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I went through Cointaker and can tell you my price shipped with the large screen was cheaper than that.

#8736 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

lets pitch a better alien movie and get JJ Abrams!

If you want to pitch a better Alien movie, I'd suggest keeping JJ away from it.

#8737 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No, They never did bring an Alien Queen to earth.

I'm confused. Are you stating that AVP and AVPR are not Alien movies? They're not Alien 5 & 6 so to speak? AVP had an alien queen in Antarctica. AVPR was on Earth but didn't have an alien queen.

#8738 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.

Buy a std for 6450 also the 27" is just a mirror of the smaller in playfield screen, not really 'necessary' if you want a lower price. compare that to 8500 for a bm66 prem or 8000 for a DI std seems like a better value (still very expensive though).

#8739 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.

I agree with bigdaddy07, call Melissa at CoinTaker. You will be glad you did.

#8740 7 years ago

Is anyone else thinking of getting a std with the Backglass then adding the back box lcd giving them the option to swap both around at their preference? Of course I'd also be adding the) FIber optic ramp lights 2) the el blade lights and 3)the topper

#8741 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Buy a std for 6450 also the 27" is just a mirror of the smaller in playfield screen, not really 'necessary' if you want a lower price. compare that to 8500 for a bm66 prem or 8000 for a DI std seems like a better value (still very expensive though).

BM66 premium is about $1k less than what you indicate, including shipping.

#8742 7 years ago

Please correct me if I'm wrong and im writing this as constructive criticism.

1) heighwaypinball.com makes no mention of CoinTaker as a distributor. Both JJP & Sterns website has links to their distributors.

2) heighwaypinball.com doesn't have a single sheet (pdf) feature matrix for Alien. JJP has this for Dialed In! and Stern has this for BM66

3) heighwaypinball.com is showing the LE with a large LCD in backbox although this is an upgrade. JJP and Stern shows pictures of their pins with standard features. Also, why show the standard side art on the LE at this point if upgraded side art is a differentiating feature of the LE.

4) heighwaypinball.com is more fragmented/confusing then JJP & Sterns website imo.

#8743 7 years ago

I know I' m 20 pages behind on this but first off congrats to Heighway, I think they did a marvelous job, is everyone going to be happy? Of course not. But still to make it here is a milestone, I will self disclose I have not played the game but I've seen all the videos. I think David Thiel did a nice job. However a few suggestions: (or you can let modders do this) Rip out that fluorescent white lights in the backboard. The game needs to be darker and more greenish blue..so you have to match all of those lights in GI to it, too much cool white LEDs. Next the slurpee straw magnet from the Alien needs to be reworked, you can also drape it with a clear silicone blanket to make it look like the slavia slime. The act of locking the bar needs to be dramatised a bit, turn off all of the GI lights, make the game go dark, use flasher to blink on and off on the head as it grabs the ball. Last suggestions for the pf LCD, less is more....50% of the time the lcd should mimic the art on the pf, in other word show the lower half of the planet. It should only come on for effect. It's showing the score and lot's of other stuff...that takes away from the atmosphere of the game. Other than that I have to say I'm in.....Good Luck!

#8744 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Please correct me if I'm wrong and im writing this as constructive criticism.
1) heighwaypinball.com makes no mention of CoinTaker as a distributor. Both JJP & Sterns website has links to their distributors.
2) heighwaypinball.com doesn't have a single sheet (pdf) feature matrix for Alien. JJP has this for Dialed In! and Stern has this for BM66
3) heighwaypinball.com is showing the LE with a large LCD in backbox although this is an update. JJP and Stern shows pictures of their pins with standard features. Also, why show the standard side art on the LE at this point if upgraded side art is a differentiating feature of the LE.
4) heighwaypinball.com is more fragmented/confusing then JJP & Sterns website imo.

3 - LE art is not done at this point.

#8745 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Last suggestions for the pf LCD, less is more....50% of the time the lcd should mimic the art on the pf, in other word show the lower half of the planet. It should only come on for effect.

Not sure this would look nice for the majority that say they want the optional 27" LCD backbox display. The two LCD's in concert mirror each other.

#8746 7 years ago

I paid 7850 for my LE, so with the 27" its $8400 no way the LE comes with the 27" and if it does I hope Andrew is giving us early fully paid customers a discount, I'm ok with adding $300 if the new price is $8150 with the big screen but then what about the early purchase discount, I don't know but this need to be addressed.

#8747 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Is anyone else thinking of getting a std with the Backglass then adding the back box lcd giving them the option to swap both around at their preference? Of course I'd also be adding the) FIber optic ramp lights 2) the el blade lights and 3)the topper

I know the LE will still come with the translight and I think it fits in front of the large LCD. I don't remember if the standard comes with a translight.

The large LCD was an addition during the development of this game but I'm hoping in future titles they won't be mirrored. Hopefully the big LCD will show the animations and some info while the playfield LCD will show just info for the player.

#8748 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I know the LE will still come with the translight and I think it fits in front of the large LCD. I don't remember if the standard comes with a translight.

There are (addressable?) LED lights in the back box for the translite art. Not sure what happens to those LED's if you order with the 27" backbox LCD.

If you could put your translite art over the unplugged 27" LCD wouldn't the art no longer be lit? It will be interesting to see how this works.

I've wondered frequently if the backbox LED's are addressable RGB's that can change colors like all of the playfield LED's do. And will there be a lighting effect going on behind the backbox art that works in conjunction with what's going on with the playfield lighting effects?

And how beneficial might it be to have a non glare/reflective glass with a 27" LCD in the backbox vs just the lit translite artwork?

#8749 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, Rob. The early price was $7850.00. I'm just figuring on $550 add for the big screen backbox. Custom armor should be included in LE price.

I am pretty sure Andrew stated that the big screen is going to be standard now on the LE, but doubt he will include it for n/c for existing LE orders ( hopefully a reduced price, but IDK). Seeing the lit side blade art in person is stunning. Included on the LE, and I REALLY suggest this add if not too expensive.

#8750 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

There are (addressable?) LED lights in the back box for the translite art. Not sure what happens to those LED's if you order with the 27" backbox LCD.
If you could put your translite art over the unplugged 27" LCD wouldn't the art no longer be lit? It will be interesting to see how this works.
I've wondered frequently if the backbox LED's are addressable RGB's that can change colors like all of the playfield LED's do. And will there be a lighting effect going on behind the backbox art that works in conjunction with what's going on with the playfield lighting effects?
And how beneficial might it be to have a non glare/reflective glass with a 27" LCD in the backbox vs just the lit translite artwork?

When they initially announced the 27" screen, there was some discussion of putting the translite in front of the screen for the purposes of hiding the screen when the game's off.

I've played Full Throttle at Expo without any special glass and had no problem with reflections from the screen. This was in a well lit room though. It might be different in a dark room.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.