pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 601.
#8651 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

MAJORLY like the 1st and 4th pic, if they go w green...dark w color!!!

Yeah, the fouth (wheel) is my favorite. I'm actually starting to think it might even look a bit better than the black nickel
Of course, as Aurich has said, its probably going to depend on how the LE art turns out.

Btw, anyone know yet who's making the non-reflective glass?

#8652 7 years ago

Imagine if the trim/legs were designed like this pic throughout! Now that would be a bad-ass LE!

IMG_8966 (resized).PNGIMG_8966 (resized).PNG

#8653 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Imagine if the trim/legs were designed like this pic throughout! Now that would be a bad-ass LE!

I would pay extra for this!

#8654 7 years ago

Does Heighway plan to be at Free Play Florida again this year? I'd love to see Alien in person.

#8655 7 years ago

Gotta consider what would look good with the Bladerunner kit swapped in.

#8656 7 years ago

Just throwing out more ideas...you can tell me to stop if it's annoying.

For the armor powdercoat...really dig the swirl color used on this aliens head - Brown/greenish with a hint of yellow/gold and black. The gloss application looks amazing.

More organic looking trim ideas. I know it may be way out of the design spec at this moment and would likely require approval but this would look amazing. I would pay extra for this for sure!

IMG_8969 (resized).PNGIMG_8969 (resized).PNG

IMG_8970 (resized).PNGIMG_8970 (resized).PNG

IMG_8967 (resized).PNGIMG_8967 (resized).PNG

#8657 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Where do we sign up for the REAL Alien Edition!!! I want one too...

#8658 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Just throwing out more ideas...you can tell me to stop if it's annoying.

Don't stop the X Factor...very cool elements...

#8659 7 years ago

What is the next event that Heighway plans to bring Alien too? Anybody know?

#8660 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Just get the Heighway Standard Black...looks great on my Full Throttle and would be a more "universal" color for those other 3-4 licenses in the works

Agree. I have all black textured armor and legs on my Full Throttle and it looks great and uniform (certainly if you going to swap games).

Here is a photo. Not the best quality but you can get an idea of how it looks:
IMG_20161019_111727 (resized).jpgIMG_20161019_111727 (resized).jpg

I have seen many other samples of powder coat and I am glad that in the end I went with the most neutral color that will fit into all feature games.

Though I must admit that black chrome looks awesome on the right game and Alien LE certainly qualifies for that.

#8661 7 years ago

Found some front to back photos of the alien head color scheme I mentioned above. Pretty wicked. The color depth really gives it a very living organic look. The guy who did both of these sculpts is pretty f$&@en talented!

IMG_8974 (resized).JPGIMG_8974 (resized).JPG

IMG_8971 (resized).JPGIMG_8971 (resized).JPG

IMG_8972 (resized).JPGIMG_8972 (resized).JPG

IMG_8973 (resized).JPGIMG_8973 (resized).JPG

#8662 7 years ago

Maybe have the powder coating 'shimmer' like looking into deep space. Check out the Pearl Black version.

http://www.hmgpowdercoatings.com/powder-coating/signature-finish-collection

And funnily enough this company is only a few hours away from Heighway HQ.

If I were getting the LE, I would not want that green at all.

Some of these finishes would look great. I would personally like one of the black finishes with a sparkle that simulates deep space.

#8663 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I did ask my platers the question, but they weren't optimisitic.
I haven't given up yet though - and will try some other suppliers.
The cost of the polished reflective chrome-type trim option may come down as well

Andrew, you can get it done as powdercoat paint. Charnwood Powdercoaters here in Loughborough do something similar. i was blown away by their chrome powdercoat.
Regards,

Phil.

#8664 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, the fouth (wheel) is my favorite. I'm actually starting to think it might even look a bit better than the black nickel
Of course, as Aurich has said, its probably going to depend on how the LE art turns out.
Btw, anyone know yet who's making the non-reflective glass?

I'm with you, but am confident Aurich will come up with something sick!!!!!

rooting heavily for PDI on the glass.

#8665 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm with you, but am confident Aurich will come up with something sick!!!!!
rooting heavily for PDI on the glass.

Same here. I asked Andrew at Expo about what type of glass it was and I recall he didn't have a definite answer but said it would be comparable to what's available elsewhere (don't know if that means PDI, invisiglass, or another).

As an aside, I have to say though, he and everyone else I met from the Alien team seemed like great guys and it was reassuring to hear in person how much they cared about putting out a quality machine befitting the IP.

#8666 7 years ago

Home version?

Alien (resized).jpgAlien (resized).jpg

#8667 7 years ago

Huh?

I'm sorry, perhaps the joke went over my head. Can you please explain for me?

#8668 7 years ago

IMG_0877 (resized).JPGIMG_0877 (resized).JPG

#8669 7 years ago

I really hope they can ship this by Christmas.

#8670 7 years ago

One LE is now in order, so looking forward to delivery

#8671 7 years ago

Is shipment based on first come first served, first paid, or first paid in full?? I wouldn't think it is be requested number.

#8672 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I want the LE legs to be gigantic phallic biomech dicks with big biomech looking orifices where the feet are, and I want the coinslots to look like a big gaping mouth right in front of my crotch and I want there to be a little steam generator inside that blows steam out randomly on my crotch, and I want all the rails to be big veiny tubes with veiny hoses and shit all over them and I want the entire package to always be slimey and moist looking, and to be dripping random goo. If you're going to do custom trim, you might as well make it all about sexual organs. There isn't enough Geiger in this machine and you all know it.

I'm sure the modders can help make your legs look like dicks.

#8673 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm sure the modders can help make your legs look like dicks.

Making things dickish is a Pinside specialty!

#8674 7 years ago

Just curious, but has Heighway's Expo presentation video been posted anywhere yet? I'd even settle for the audio. Can't find it on pinballnews, YouTube or anywhere else for that matter. These are always a pleasure to watch & I thought they were filming it. If anyone finds the link, please post it here! Thanks

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8675 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

After that video posted in this thread played, this one also started which I'd not seen before:
» YouTube video

I've been watching some gameplay videos and I must say I'm intrigued! I can not muster searching this thread for answers, so:

What is the upper left flipper for?
Is the flow in the left ramps getting fixed?

I hope production ramps up and we'll see them on the west coast soon, I'm on the fence but definitely wanna play before deciding.

#8676 7 years ago

Upper left flipper shoots across the field towards the drops and the return loop shot to the right flipper, below the launch ramp and platform; it shoots at the chestburster lane between the pops and the upper right flipper; and it's also capable of shooting at the right reverse-o ramp.

#8677 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Bright green never made much sense to me anyway.

Alien (resized).jpgAlien (resized).jpg

#8678 7 years ago

Looks like heighway is investing in advertising. That's good
Was watching the surfing tour and a pin ad comes on it

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.07.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.07.26 AM (resized).png

#8679 7 years ago

Read about the last 20 pages or so of the thread, glad people are impressed with the game, but it sounds like there is quite a bit to do before they start landing in people's basements. That said, Alien/Aliens is a top 5 theme to me, I'm sure once they get the bugs out and the code refined, it'll someday find it's way into my collection, just wish there was a alternative to the glass bezel, just a bad look that I can't get used too.

#8680 7 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Read about the last 20 pages or so of the thread, glad people are impressed with the game, but it sounds like there is quite a bit to do before they start landing in people's basements. That said, Alien/Aliens is a top 5 theme to me, I'm sure once they get the bugs out and the code refined, it'll someday find it's way into my collection, just wish there was a alternative to the glass bezel, just a bad look that I can't get used too.

You don't look at the glass bezel when you play do you? It's just like anything else that is different....new car model that changes the shape of the body that you liked for so long and you say " I hate that new model"...then you see it for a while and you get used to it....then it's not so bad. Just got to get used to it. I think it helps being wide body.

Brian

#8681 7 years ago

If Heighway can't offer the PDI brand non glare glass option I'm going to order it separately. Hope they can order a shipment in for those of us that want it to satisfy the demand.

I have PDI glass on my TWD and it's like some kind of magic. There just isn't anything better.

#8682 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If Heighway can't offer the PDI brand non glare glass option I'm going to order it separately. Hope they can order a shipment in for those of us that want it to satisfy the demand.
I have PDI glass on my TWD and it's like some kind of magic. There just isn't anything better.

Yeah, i might do the same. nbd, as it will just give me the opportunity to order sheets for my other machines as well.

#8683 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I've heard the same thing from many people. Wasn't there an issue with PDI glass production/availability recently? Thought I read that somewhere.

#8684 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I've heard the same thing from many people. Wasn't there an issue with PDI glass production/availability recently? Thought I read that somewhere.

I remember seeing the thread but never read into it. That was a while back. Hopefully things got sorted and maybe Heighway might place a bulk order now so it's ready when the time comes. I don't know what brand they will use but I bet if it was put to a poll it would overwhelmingly have the PDI brand on top.

If I'm going to invest in a modular playfield system that sees many future playfield swaps I'm going to want the best glass in that particular cabinet I can get.

#8685 7 years ago

Regarding the translight vs 27" display question, and perhaps others have suggested this already, but it would be great if the translight were easily able to be inserted in front of the LCD for display when the machine is off. Something that would work without too much effort even with the pin in the middle of a row. Maybe a channel of some kind that would let you slip the artwork in from either side, and even perhaps the top too. Some kind of derivative of the side panel channel design being used already.....

#8686 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

just say tanx to cookies/trackers...
almost now you that target publicity routine is working well

#8687 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Ha I thought the same thing

#8688 7 years ago

Has anyone emailed Andrew or the Heighway office in the last few days? Trying to get a response from someone but no answer in 3 days. Are they on vacation?

#8689 7 years ago

He should be back in the office sometime tomorrow, or failing that, Monday.

#8690 7 years ago

Has anyone made their payment yet that was due? The whole way it is being handled is kind of odd, then stating not to wire money due to e-mail fraud is a little scary. I'm all about getting it paid but I wanted to have all my options selected and pay for it all at once. Not separate payments and add-ons later and whatnot. Seems like a jumbled mess that could get things messed up later. Wondering how strict on these payments being received and in what time frame they are needed for certain.

#8691 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Has anyone made their payment yet that was due? The whole way it is being handled is kind of odd, then stating not to wire money due to e-mail fraud is a little scary. I'm all about getting it paid but I wanted to have all my options selected and pay for it all at once. Not separate payments and add-ons later and whatnot. Seems like a jumbled mess that could get things messed up later. Wondering how strict on these payments being received and in what time frame they are needed for certain.

I made my second payment via Worldpay, not wire transfer, but probably won't pay for the extra options until the final payment is due. Seems like a lot of them are still in flux anyway.

#8692 7 years ago

Heighway needs to figure out the bank transfer thing. It on hold currently

#8693 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

PDI is just the U.S. retailer. It's made by Roman in Germany, and this is his pinside profile:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/magicjumpi

If there are production issues, he's the one to ask about it as he's the one actually making the glass.

#8694 7 years ago

Apologies if email replies are slow. I'm just back from the USA today.

i have a mountain of emails to get through and will be doing it before the end of the weekend.

If anyone has any questions about anything, including payments, then email me directly please and I'll answer shortly.

I did video the whole seminar - and as soon as I get a chance, I will upload it to our YouTube channel and post it here

Andrew

#8695 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Has anyone made their payment yet that was due?

I have not and will not until I see the remainder of the LE package as production has definitely not started. I'll gladly pay the balance once I see those things.

#8696 7 years ago

Hey guys, I think I may have cracked it of why Sigourney Weaver may not have said Yes to being in Alien Pinball.

While reading the trivia on IMDB for the Alien vs Predator movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv), I found this:

(Underlined and CAPITALIZED emphasis by me to make my point)

While this film languished in so-called "development hell" for years, 20th-Century Fox considered producing a fifth film in the "Alien" franchise instead. James Cameron, who wrote and directed Aliens (1986), had written a script and even approached Sigourney Weaver to star and Ridley Scott to direct, both of whom expressed interest. When_the_studio_decided_to_use_the_Alien/Predator_crossover_story_instead,_Cameron,_Weaver_and_Scott_all_distanced_themselves_from_the_project,_and_later,_declared_THEY_WOULD_NEVER_WORK_ON_EITHER_FRANCHISE_AGAIN. Several years later, Ridley Scott ended up reworking his pitch into his Alien prequel Prometheus (2012).

Could this be why there's no Ripley in Alien pinball??

#8697 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That would be fantastic if the zenomorph head is painted to look like the early released picture. In the flyer pics it appears the shiny wet shadowed look is now a dry matt finish missing the color depth gradients on the top of the head. Is it the paint detail differences I'm seeing that Fox changed?

Having just watched Alien vs Predator, even though this game is not based on that movie, if I ever owned this pin, I would mod my Alien head to resemble 'nethead'. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/trivia?item=tr2657535

Aliengrid (resized).jpgAliengrid (resized).jpg

#8698 7 years ago

Concur, I wanted to pay in full a week ago but .... all the stuff. I'm waiting just a bit for all the smoke to clear. It may have already, I'll admit I was on business travel this last week and haven't been tracking things.

Quoted from bemmett:

#8699 7 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Hey guys, I think I may have cracked it of why Sigourney Weaver may not have said Yes to being in Alien Pinball.
While reading the trivia on IMDB for the Alien vs Predator movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv), I found this:
(Underlined and CAPITALIZED emphasis by me to make my point)
While this film languished in so-called "development hell" for years, 20th-Century Fox considered producing a fifth film in the "Alien" franchise instead. James Cameron, who wrote and directed Aliens (1986), had written a script and even approached Sigourney Weaver to star and Ridley Scott to direct, both of whom expressed interest. When_the_studio_decided_to_use_the_Alien/Predator_crossover_story_instead,_Cameron,_Weaver_and_Scott_all_distanced_themselves_from_the_project,_and_later,_declared_THEY_WOULD_NEVER_WORK_ON_EITHER_FRANCHISE_AGAIN. Several years later, Ridley Scott ended up reworking his pitch into his Alien prequel Prometheus (2012).
Could this be why there's no Ripley in Alien pinball??

Sigourney has stated several times since then (that story is from 2011) that she would love to wrap up Ripley's story, and was on board with doing a 5th film written and directed by Neil Blomkamp (director of Section 9 and a bunch of other great stuff), but Ridley Scott's Prometheus/is-it-an-alien-or-not mess trumped it.

I have no clue specifically why there's no Ripley in the game, but I do know that Sigourney's likeness has to be licensed separately, which may have added unnecessary cost. But I'm speculating on that point just like everybody else.

#8700 7 years ago

A zillion years ago, after the second film, A bunch of us spent time discussing what might make a good 3rd Movie.

The Drunk and stupefied consensus was to have the plummeting Queen Grab on to a Passing Asteroid, and set up nest.
So happens this Asteroid hits earth in the Ocean, and she swims to nest in the NY Subway System.

Much like any Monster movie threatens us, by hiding in the bowels, this would bring the franchise, at that time, to a more personal level....little girl in bed wakes up to see Alien drooling over her. Grocery moms, Snatched, and pulled down the
street drain "Liquid fast".
Like a Nest of Termites or Ants, they grow and Spread all over NY, (or any city with a Subway), and threaten to Spread.

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters was no help, so Ripley is back, doing her thing in the Subways, water treatment, etc...

Morning dribble and drool, as my coffee cools down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.