DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 601.
#8451 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

5800 euro for the standard edition That cant be right....

I'm wondering about that number too! About 1k less than the last quote from my distributor before expo. Would love to get clarification about the pricing for standard.
Game looks killer!
Cheers

#8452 7 years ago

Is there a thread for people with games on order? or is this the only thread?

#8453 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Is there a thread for people with games on order? or is this the only thread?

We're all here man. But MK6PIN did start an order thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alienle-are-you-in-whats-your

#8454 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I'm wondering about that number too! About 1k less than the last quote from my distributor before expo. Would love to get clarification about the pricing for standard.
Game looks killer!
Cheers

£ / € was somewhere between 1.35-1.4 when old pricing was done. It's now about 1.1 and probably set to go lower.

Hence why the € price is now much cheaper.

#8455 7 years ago

Two questions:
What does the airlock do, or is it just decoration?
Is the xenomorph head lock a virtual lock, or does the head hold 3 balls?

#8456 7 years ago

Does the LE come with the 27" backbox LCD? I know it was an option originally, but I thought I read somewhere that they were making it standard for their models going forward. It is not listed in the feature list for either model on their site.

#8457 7 years ago

I wish everyone involved in the building of, and buying of this machine, all the very best and positive wishes and thoughts.

That said. As a Predator/Kulek victim, i must urge extreme caution when sending large amounts of money to anyone for long periods of time. Use a credit card, and credit card only. Then sit back and wait for your machine to arrive.

#8458 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What does the airlock do, or is it just decoration?

Looks like it is a sealed hatch dressed up in the Alien fashion. At certain times it spins around to reveal an open hatch? And the Queen Alien is inside when you view the open side. I guess you need to open the air lock for battle to destroy her? Looks like there are lights inside and along with the video, sounds, music, revolving beacons and of course the shaker I imagine that leads to an exciting confrontation.

Perhaps if future titles can use the smoke machine Heighway might also offer this conveniently as an optional kit?

#8459 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Am I the only one who actually prefer the standard version? I don't care about the topper and the second (optional?) screen, and I do not like the green LE. A standard would be my choice.

I told Andrew he needs to get into the SLE game like Stern and JJP! A lot of people don't like that idea but enough people do as BM66 just confirmed. Maybe next time

I agree Jim, i think the standard is the way to go here. Looks like great value AND you can simply add on the other LE features that you want!

#8460 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

That said. As a Predator/Kulek victim, i must urge extreme caution when sending large amounts of money to anyone for long periods of time. Use a credit card, and credit card only. Then sit back and wait for your machine to arrive.

It worked out very well for me with JJP and Woz, not so much with Jpop.

Clearly, there is NO comparison with Kulek and Jpop versus Andrew.

There are risks, for certain though.

#8461 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got better stats (2) in my case
- Success: WOOLY and Nemo
- Epic Fail: Predator. I knew there was a a risk associated with preorders. But don't be a fool like I was. Check with your favorite Credit card company. I asked for a chargeback when it was too late.

Disclaimer: I met Scott and Antonio in person. I trusted them. Kevin... never met him. My bad. $4750 bad.

#8462 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clearly, there is NO comparison with Kulek and Jpop versus Andrew.
There are risks, for certain though.

I've had Andy in my home. He made me a promise once, and came through when i thought he'd forgot. That's good enough for me to serve as a determination of someones character. I, in no way would ever infer the comparison of a thieving soap dodger to Andy Heighway. In fact, i want all you American folk to buy up as many as you can to make my fellow countryman strong in his business.
I just want you all to do it with credit cards so everyone can enjoy the ride and buzz their socks off when the machine turns up.

#8463 7 years ago

Does paypal offer the same protection? Just sent email re credit card payments and how to?

#8464 7 years ago

You can use paypal, but make sure its tied to a credit card. If tied directly to your bank account, the paypal protection is worth less than half of sweet F.A.

#8465 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does paypal offer the same protection? Just sent email re credit card payments and how to?

Paypal offered dick for help with Predator...

#8466 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

You can use paypal, but make sure its tied to a credit card. If tied directly to your bank account, the paypal protection is worth less than half of sweet F.A.

Does my credit card have to offer protection if used through paypal? If so, that's a good option.

Certainly wouldn't trust paypal like Nepsath says with a bank account.

#8467 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does my credit card have to offer protection if used through paypal? If so, that's a good option.
Certainly wouldn't trust paypal like Nepsath says with a bank account.

Yes it does. Most cards protection should suffice but i would most certainly check for sure.

All my PP purchases are now made through my credit card (mastercard). It used to be tied to my bank account and after the predator nightmare i decided it was best to swap it over to credit card for future mad purchases. and since i clear the balance at the end of every month, it doesn't cost me any extra and i get all the little extras like air miles, free nights out, food, tickets etc... I slap myself for not doing it earlier.

#8468 7 years ago

A few people couldn't get their money back due to the length of time that had passed. I was one of those. I used my credit card through paypal to pay in full for Predator. Think it was like 14 months after payment that I tried to file a chargeback. No dice.

#8469 7 years ago

American Express blows away Visa and MC when it comes to chargebacks.

#8470 7 years ago

My chargeback failed too...that was the end of that card.

#8471 7 years ago

Pays the check the small print i guess.

#8472 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Aurich can crank that out quickly. Plus they have the printer in house, so turnaround will be minimal. Plus you get the standard art as well I believe. LE art is not going to hold up shipping pins. The "airlock" sounded like a place holder for Expo. Dave mentioned a different design they will using, so it's not like, "back to the drawing board" to replace it.

You've glossed over the parts they don't control... Approvals and plastic manufacturing. And that Andrew obmitted these things when saying the game was done (for the last month plus) and going into production immediately after approvals.

That's my beef. If it were a placeholder it wouldn't be a tweak that needed to be discovered in play testing... It would have been known. LE features not being even started... Clearly not a new revelation.

Aurich, you talk as if the ripley decision has been known for awhile... Yet you waited till now to start the LE art. If it's been known for awhile, why the delayed start?

#8473 7 years ago

I really like the Alien Pinball theme and game but I hate the cabinet. I don't like the head, looks too much like a zizzle and the main cab with that wide trim just doesn't do it for me. The whole cab is completely lacking art and is a missed opportunity to make the machine pop.I wish they would make the LE with a standard cabinet with the artwork all over it like other games. I know about the swapping of "kits" thing but I really don't think there are that many people who would want to buy a kit, swap it and leave a $4500 playfield in a closet somewhere. I'm really cheering for Heighway but that cab needs to be changed moving forward and they get my money.

#8474 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who doesn't. How about JJP "forward looking statements"?
So you aren't sending $$ in? Just trolling as usual?

Healthy skepticism is not trolling. It's being a smart consumer. I question promises that don't pass the sniff test. I don't see how the statements made in August and since have been made in confidence.

I guess people quickly forget the comments from nordman about impossible promises when he left.

#8475 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I don't like the head, looks too much like a zizzle and the main cab with that wide trim just doesn't do it for me.

Have you seen it in person? The pictures don't do it justice in my opinion. It's very well built and the head looks really sleek.
Only gripe I have at this point is the glass bezel (or frame?), I think it's a little thick.

#8476 7 years ago

.I wish they would make the LE with a standard cabinet with the artwork all over it like other games.

Other games don't have illuminated side art. Highway cabinets look pretty sweet in person. I'd rather have less art that lights up than more art with bubbles and tearing when I open the box.

#8477 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Healthy skepticism is not trolling. It's being a smart consumer. I question promises that don't pass the sniff test. I don't see how the statements made in August and since have been made in confidence.
I guess people quickly forget the comments from nordman about impossible promises when he left.

Your last post wasn't over trollish like the other one

Since we all have a pretty healthy dose of skepticism from deals gone bad and warnings signs, to step in here and slander another company like Kim did with the intention of destroying his business and jeopardizing our deposits is WAY over the line.

I've done plenty of due diligence and I'm moving forward but thanks for your concern anyhow

#8478 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Only gripe I have at this point is the glass bezel (or frame?), I think it's a little thick.

yes definitely too thick.

#8479 7 years ago

Given the programmer... Maybe there will be some healthy jonesy Easter eggs or suprises

#8480 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You've glossed over the parts they don't control... Approvals and plastic manufacturing. And that Andrew obmitted these things when saying the game was done (for the last month plus) and going into production immediately after approvals.
That's my beef. If it were a placeholder it wouldn't be a tweak that needed to be discovered in play testing... It would have been known. LE features not being even started... Clearly not a new revelation.
Aurich, you talk as if the ripley decision has been known for awhile... Yet you waited till now to start the LE art. If it's been known for awhile, why the delayed start?

Do you have a deposit? If yes, then Beef up!
If No, then wait patiently until machine's start showing up in homes & then make a decision to buy or not to buy. At the end of the day, It's a toy, it's not like it's a "part" I'm waiting for to keep my business going. It's pinball! Andrew has delivered on 1 promise to me already. I received my Full Throttle as promised, in the time frame promised. That might not be everyone's experience, but I'm confident that Heighway will deliver yet again. I have no Beef with Heighway Pinball. Alien looks great & I'm eager to receive mine.

#8481 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Your last post wasn't over trollish like the other one
Since we all have a pretty healthy dose of skepticism from deals gone bad and warnings signs, to step in here and slander another company like Kim did with the intention of destroying his business and jeopardizing our deposits is WAY over the line.
I've done plenty of due diligence and I'm moving forward but thanks for your concern anyhow

My content didn't change... Just defended my reasoning to recap those points.. Yet you've posted the same claims about shilling (while refusing to man up and make your claim defendable) what... 6-7 times in the last 24hrs? Don't wrap your mission about Kim up with me.

#8482 7 years ago

Can Heighway answer if there is going to be a "price jump" once the pre-orders have been filled and "regular" orders start coming in? That is something I would like answered if at all possible.

#8483 7 years ago

Aurich, how long do you anticipate the LE artwork development to take?

#8484 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Huh, I would think the thicker bezel looks rather handsome on a playfield with a bit more real estate. You've seen it and you still don't think the thickness works for a wide body pin?

Personally I would be unwilling to give up the thicker bezel glass cassette for fear of losing the convenience of raising the glass like a standard car hood. It still works that way right? Isn't that one of the perks of the Heighway system?

Hard to believe Heighway might consider doing away with the very innovations that sets the company apart to offer another choice, making a standard non swappable cabinet, and a bezel where you can't simply "pop the top" for a quick adjustment.

But he has said he would seriously consider offering an alternative if that's what people are willing to pay for. I just think anyone that paid to go down that road would regret it in a financial sense as future titles start arriving.

#8485 7 years ago

I guess it's something to get used to.
They asked me at DPO 2015 what the first thing was I would change to the cabinet. The bezel sprang to mind, it is unusual.
Anyhow, it wouldn't keep me from buying a machine I really wanted. ^^

#8486 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So le game art isn't even started... Will need approvals... Major toys are being redesigned.. And production was starting right away... How do people reconcile these facts and claims? Sure seems like alien is a lot further away than the projections of just weeks ago... Which were off from the weeks before that. I just wish the forward looking statements were a bit more realistic

I need a little time to do the LE art, it's true, but while I'm working on it other things will be happening in parallel. Nothing I'm doing will slow anything down. And now that we're working with Fox in Los Angeles, and not Fox UK, the whole process has been massively smoother. I honestly think if we'd been able to skip the UK part from the start that this entire project would have gone much faster.

I'm not sure what you mean by major toys being redesigned. If you clarify I can answer you better, but right now my answer is no major toys are being redesigned.

#8487 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Also, separately, what is the "lifecycle" thing in Alien. Is it a mode, or a separate objective?

It's a separate objective. If you look at the playfield inserts there are eggs, facehuggers, the chestburster, and then the xeno up top. Every time you complete them in order (all the eggs first, then the facehuggers next, etc) you comeplete a Lifecycle.

The main dashboard tracks your progress, and tells you your award. So it might be complete two Lifecycles to start Find Newt Multiball or light Extra Ball or whatever.

#8488 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My content didn't change... Just defended my reasoning to recap those points.. Yet you've posted the same claims about shilling (while refusing to man up and make your claim defendable) what... 6-7 times in the last 24hrs? Don't wrap your mission about Kim up with me.

I'm very good at reading between the lines

I have no idea what your man up issue is but I'd suggest go trolling another thread

It's not my mission with Kim, he did it to himself

#8489 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I guess it's something to get used to.
They asked me at DPO 2015 what the first thing was I would change to the cabinet. The bezel sprang to mind, it is unusual.
Anyhow, it wouldn't keep me from buying a machine I really wanted. ^^

I think the bezel and the back box look funny at the outset. I didn't like it a first either

Now that I've got used to it and see those great images on that huge LCD I like it and it's something different

#8490 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think you misunderstood. We planned from the beginning to have the player "be Ripley", but not because we knew we didn't have her. We always hoped to get her for a couple bits, as I mentioned mostly the "get away from her you bitch" line and a little more flexibility with some of the video scenes for the power loader part, stuff like that. Nice to have, but not necessary in other words. We're disappointed too, but it didn't derail anything we planned.

It was literally weeks ago that we found out she passed. That's why I said this:

Quoted from Aurich:

I was waiting to work on the art until I heard the word about Ripley. If she was in I wanted to know before doing anything. It took a long time to get the rejection, but it seemed worth waiting, can't do anything with art before the game is shipping anyways.

#8491 7 years ago

She licensed herself recently for the Alien video game.

Was she flat out not interested in the Pinball game, or was the money offered too low?

#8492 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

She licensed herself recently for the Alien video game.
Was she flat out not interested in the Pinball game, or was the money offered too low?

I don't know for sure but I think Stern had a pinball exclusive with her pre GB

That was probably the agent for her that screwed that up, signed an exclusive contract, didn't care or know that another pinball machine was coming up

#8493 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Aurich, how long do you anticipate the LE artwork development to take?

Dunno, it will be what it will be. Sooner the better, but I haven't had the time yet to really get settled and figure out the plan, all my Alien time has been devoted to getting things ready for Expo.

Put it this way: I have zero intention of being the reason anything is late to ship.

#8494 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

But he has said he would seriously consider offering an alternative if that's what people are willing to pay for.

So could there be a way to offer a bit more $, get a standard cab and have Aurich plaster that mofo with all kinds of Alien art?

#8495 7 years ago

So could there be a way to offer a bit more $, get a standard cab and have Aurich plaster that mofo with all kinds of Alien art?

Why not? If enough people could prove they would buy that version to the point it was actually viable, ...never say never.

#8496 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Why not? If enough people could prove they would buy that version to the point it was actually viable, ...never say never.

DumbnDumber (resized).jpgDumbnDumber (resized).jpg

#8497 7 years ago

Any gameplay video out yet?

#8498 7 years ago

Here are two that I have found so far that are decent.

#8499 7 years ago

Aah, those center post bounces are so satisfying.

#8500 7 years ago

Aurich what does the LE art package relate to, just the cab sides really?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/170?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.