• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 493.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So add the ramps and toys, then we will be impressed.
It's cool to see, but it's way early to pass any judgment besides it has tremendous potential.

Not passing judgement, just expressing enthusiasm........

#802 4 years ago

Neat layout but I have to ask - why is it a wide body?

Full Throttle was fun and fast as a wide body, just not sure why every boutique game feels the need to be one.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I said it watching Andrew at Expo give his interview and I thought he had his shit together.
So, naturally, being the start up pinball supporter that I am, AND the fact that the Alien theme is awesome, I dropped into it with a deposit.
I always knew I was gonna get a Woz one day, 4 yrs later, I suspect Andrew is of the best of the best top notch caliber as well.
Hey, it's pinball, and I love it, and I like to support groups like this!

Reasonable prices, new ideas, good communication, I think all the things that should be in place for people to support are there.

Full Throttle doesn't interest me, as a theme first and foremost. And I'm not pre-ordering anything. But Alien I could be excited about, it's a killer theme. But I need to see the art, hear the sounds, etc. I love the theme so much that I couldn't do it if it wasn't right, if that makes sense!

#804 4 years ago

Love the Kick Out Holes! Any drop targets??

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Neat layout but I have to ask - why is it a wide body?
Full Throttle was fun and fast as a wide body, just not sure why every boutique game feels the need to be one.

Easy answer? So that the playfields are exchangeable between games. I'm not a big widebody fan myself, but I'd have to see how it plays, Full Throttle was flowing and fast for sure.

#806 4 years ago

Andrew just posted the standardization of widebody glass size in the other Heighway thread...yes!!:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/3

Post 131

#807 4 years ago

Oh right I completely brain farted that they're modular.

#808 4 years ago

Whitewood looks great even without all of the ramps and toys, art etc.

Looks like the shots flow into each other really well.
Did the art ever get approved? I remember right after expo they were waiting to get things approved.

Maybe they don't want to show us until the whole package is together.

1 week later
#810 4 years ago

I'm wondering if Heighway's intentions are to do the release timed with the remake of the original film that's being directed by Neill Blomkamp this time? That would be smashing. I didn't read the whole thread and may have missed this conversation?

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfica7:

I'm wondering if Heighway's intentions are to do the release timed with the remake of the original film that's being directed by Neill Blomkamp this time? That would be smashing. I didn't read the whole thread and may have missed this conversation?

This game was announced in october, well before the new alien movie was announced. Heighway was supposed to begin production of this game sometime in april, although actual time frame is still unclear. The new movie, IMO, will come out sometime in 2016. Which, hopefully, is well after the game.

I'm really excited for the new movie, but I wouldn't read any relation whatsoever between this game and Blomkamp's film.

#812 4 years ago

A new movie? Wow. I didn't know that. The original is still very, very well done and is going to be hard to better.

#813 4 years ago

Word is that the new movie follows 2 and disregards 3 and 4.

#814 4 years ago

3 and 4 were terrible. I think 1 was the best and 2 was a close second. 2 was a very different movie. 1 was effectively a 'haunted house' where you're trapped, 2 was a battle and rescue. Both are still excellent.

#815 4 years ago

3 is also nice considering the "long version", even if its slow & more mind battle than action movie, and Ripley is (quite) alone again-against the beast

4 has a nice start, with human thinking mastering aliens, than of course probs came in and we have what we were all waiting : the aliens attack... than it ended with misery (pity)

#816 4 years ago

A question about and a thoughtful ambition for the Dual Yellow Beacon Topper...

Looking so forward to the day I get to see and especially hear the sounds of the Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin in action.

I always thought the Topper With Yellow Beacons would absolutely Command a room or establishment or home basement full of games as the Beacons are randomly spinning and stopping - simply in the attract mode.

Dualing Beacons.jpg

But you know that's me just assuming the Beacons will be designed to revolve. I've just always assumed they would revolve to create formidable tension in certain modes of beastly chaos. Imagine the beloved Klaxon Alarm unique to the Alien Movie is whaling while a T-Minus Count down is droning and reducing, your desperately trying to hit a target or series of shots to 'survive/kill/escape' while the dual Yellow Beacons are throwing a doomsday revolving flash of panic all over the room surroundings.

Truly the potential for an outstanding experience, but you know I never read anywhere that the Beacons will actually have any kind of Revolving movement capability.

Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Beacons will revolve like the one on the loader in the gif below?
Example of a revolving light.gif

Or will they simply be steady on/off lights under a plastic dome?

I think I read that the Topper Beacons might be an optional accessory that can be added to the standard non LE Pin.
Will the Beacons use modern tech? Halogen... LED ... incandescent bulb/s? Will they be of a largish size? ...please not little 3 inch domes I pray. They should be BIG and cast a far reaching light... after all they are being called "Beacons" right?

I guess if planned and designed early enough the beacons might have the capability to have it both ways!!!!

Imagine the effect of a revolving strobe light in a dark room? Muahahaha! This would be nuts on a Pinball Machine! And I totally want this Pin to have that additional feature capability now.

...and what if the Revolving Beacons had the capability to gradually slow and then reverse and... Ok I'll stop dreaming. But you get the idea... this could be a Highly Interactive Game Topper/Changer. And Heighway has always spoken of pushing Pinball Tech forward... and if this Beacon Topper has a bit of technical sophistication and is integrated in game play to take advantage of that sophistication ... WOW!

For those planning on owning this Pin someday... would you want Revolving Beacons or Fixed on and off Blinkys? Not matter? Revolving Strobe effect? Revolving speed increases as T-Minus count down gets closer to Zero? Run them independently of one another? ...Meaning one starts flashing when you get in a little trouble, then it starts revolving solid when your in a lot of trouble, then it starts to strobe while its revolving when your in big doo doo, then the other side starts escalating through these stages as your situation continues to intensify until both sides are going nuts and your screaming for your mommy.

I Know - I'm dreaming again.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Looking so forward to the day I get to see and especially hear the sounds of the Alien 35th Anniversary Limited Edition Pin in action.
I always thought the Topper With Yellow Beacons would absolutely Command a room or establishment or home basement full of games as the Beacons are randomly spinning and stopping - simply in the attract mode.

Dualing Beacons.jpg
But you know that's me just assuming the Beacons will be designed to revolve. I've just always assumed they would revolve to create formidable tension in certain modes of beastly chaos. Imagine the beloved Klaxon Alarm unique to the Alien Movie is whaling while a T-Minus Count down is droning and reducing, your desperately trying to hit a target or series of shots to 'survive/kill/escape' while the dual Yellow Beacons are throwing a doomsday revolving flash of panic all over the room surroundings.
Truly the potential for an outstanding experience, but you know I never read anywhere that the Beacons will actually have any kind of Revolving movement capability.
Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Beacons will revolve like the one on the loader in the gif below?

I think I read that the Topper Beacons might be an optional accessory that can be added to the standard non LE Pin.
Will the Beacons use modern tech? Halogen... LED ... incandescent bulb/s? Will they be of a largish size? ...please not little 3 inch domes I pray. They should be BIG and cast a far reaching light... after all they are being called "Beacons" right?
I guess if planned and designed early enough the beacons might have the capability to have it both ways!!!!
Imagine the effect of a revolving strobe light in a dark room? Muahahaha! This would be nuts on a Pinball Machine! And I totally want this Pin to have that additional feature capability now.
...and what if the Revolving Beacons had the capability to gradually slow and then reverse and... Ok I'll stop dreaming. But you get the idea... this could be a Highly Interactive Game Topper/Changer. And Heighway has always spoken of pushing Pinball Tech forward... and if this Beacon Topper has a bit of technical sophistication and is integrated in game play to take advantage of that sophistication ... WOW!
For those planning on owning this Pin someday... would you want Revolving Beacons or Fixed on and off Blinkys? Not matter? Revolving Strobe effect? Revolving speed increases as T-Minus count down gets closer to Zero? Run them independently of one another? ...Meaning one starts flashing when you get in a little trouble, then it starts revolving solid when your in a lot of trouble, then it starts to strobe while its revolving when your in big doo doo, then the other side starts escalating through these stages as your situation continues to intensify until both sides are going nuts and your screaming for your mommy.

I can virtually guaranty that you've thought about these beacons far, far more than Heighway has.

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Dualing Beacons.jpg

I had to give this post a thumbs up because it is indeed a beautiful post.

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I can virtually guaranty that you've thought about these beacons far, far more than Heighway has.

Hopefully they see this and take into consideration. I thought I was stoked about the beacons, this guy's got me beat! Yipykya - revolving would be way better than flashy, with the sounds as you describe.

#820 4 years ago

LE's will have rotating beacons. Flashing beacons would betray the films.

#821 4 years ago

Thank you Andrew. Whew. That's a relief! Glad to hear your stance to remain true to the original source material. Can't wait.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Dualing Beacons.jpg

30 SECONDS TO REACH MINIMAL SAFE DISTANCE...

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

30 SECONDS TO REACH MINIMAL SAFE DISTANCE...

And then BOOM goes the Shaker!

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Excellent!!!....updates keep getting better and better....thank you Andrew!!!....mark

#825 4 years ago

I got sucked into watching Alien 3 last night. I know it's got problems, but I have to admit, I enjoy it still.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I got sucked into watching Alien 3 last night. I know it's got problems, but I have to admit, I enjoy it still.

I enjoy them all but the original Alien is the best one for me. I was excited for Predator but this pin is by far the most exciting for me as firstly its actually going to happen (still hoping Predator is a go but I'm losing faith) and Heighway seems to be the real deal Holyfield. Full Throttle looks great, with the Alien theme should be amazing and I'm loving Andrew's community spirit.

#827 4 years ago

Maybe Andrew/Heighway can make Predator a reality at some point inconjunction with what Skit have already started/done. One can hope would be sweet both running on the same operating system - maybe a alien vs predator link up mode!?

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't mind it either but there's a lot of hate for it out there. And I think that has as much to do with "what could have been" as it does with anger toward the actual movie that was released. If people want to see what happened in the production of the movie, you can google search and read all about it. A real mess.

I really hated that they just did away with two awesome characters before the movie even started. As someone who had waited for years for a sequel I just found it incredibly disappointing.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I don't mind it either but there's a lot of hate for it out there. And I think that has as much to do with "what could have been" as it does with anger toward the actual movie that was released. If people want to see what happened in the production of the movie, you can google search and read all about it. A real mess.

Yeah, I've watched all the behind the scenes footage and interviews. It's actually amazing it came out as well as it did.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There is a God.

#831 4 years ago

How are they going to tie the two films together? They take place half a century apart, are thematically very different and share only 2 characters.

The second one lends itself well to simultaneous actions (modes) as most the film involves "survive/get off planet"

It's also infinitely more quotable, more iconic in its imagery and just all around more remembered.

Whoah. I just realized Aliens is the second time James Horner adapter a Jerry Goldamith score for a sci-fi sequel. And that's why much of Aliens score sounds just like Wrath of Khan.

#832 4 years ago

So glad the beacons will rotate like the movies...I was always assuming they would and would've been hugely disappointed if they were a simple dome light.

Slightly disappointed about the combining of the movies, a pin based only on the first movie would've been the ultimate, but I get it might not have had enough 'pin' content to work with. I hope it blends the two well enough.

I actually enjoy Aliens3 too. I almost bought a crew shirt once that had "Fcuk!" on the back of it...a quote from the movie, but more suggestive of the crews general feelings on the whole production.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How are they going to tie the two films together? They take place half a century apart, are thematically very different and share only 2 characters.

Quoted from Perspex:

Slightly disappointed about the combining of the movies, a pin based only on the first movie would've been the ultimate, but I get it might not have had enough 'pin' content to work with. I hope it blends the two well enough.

The impression that I got from listening to the Heighway presentation at Chicago Expo was that there will be two separate rule paths and you start the game by chosing which one you want to follow (Alien or Aliens). Once you complete the first path, it would switch over to the other one. Kinda like picking Autobots or Decepticons in a game of Transformers....

Later,
EV

#834 4 years ago

That makes sense!

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And that's why much of Aliens score sounds just like Wrath of Khan.

Which is a great thing.

#836 4 years ago

Don't know if anyone here jumping over to the Heighway Full Throttle Thread....Andrew confirmed to me via pm that he WILL be offering a second LCD Display in the backbox as an option for all of his games, including Alien ( with potential deep discounts for those already on board)!!!

Andrew truly is listening. ( first the standard glass, now this)!!!......Mark

#837 4 years ago

Is there an NZ (and/or Aussie) distributer yet, don't remember it being confirmed in either main Heighway threads?

Andrew, sort us ex-pats out

#838 4 years ago

I have to say that despite promising myself I wouldn't pay this much for a toy (it is) I'm really excited for this title. I'm in on the pre-order and the fact that the creator is answering threads and email has totally got me pumped. Let's hope the communication keeps up and we deep gameplay and good toys!

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ripley and Jonesey? I've seen Aliens 100+ times but Alien only a dozen or so times. Guess which I like more?

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Is there an NZ (and/or Aussie) distributer yet, don't remember it being confirmed in either main Heighway threads?
Andrew, sort us ex-pats out

it has not been released as yet though was supposed to be detailed a while back ???

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

...I've seen Aliens 100+ times...

hmmm... thought i was crazy by watching these movie again & again, but you're more than me

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Ripley and Jonesey? I've seen Aliens 100+ times but Alien only a dozen or so times. Guess which I like more?

Ah, good point about the cat. I was thinking Ripley and the Alien.

The important thing here is this will be the 3rd official game with Bill Paxton, tying with Arnold (T2, T3 LaH) and Gary Oldman (BSD, Lost in Space Batman Dark Knight)

#843 4 years ago

Gary Oldman is great, just like his first pin.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ah, good point about the cat. I was thinking Ripley and the Alien.
The important thing here is this will be the 3rd official game with Bill Paxton, tying with Arnold (T2, T3 LaH) and Gary Oldman (BSD, Lost In Space Batman Dark Knight)

Until the Terminator: Genysis pin from Steve Ritchie and the recently returned Dwight Sullivan!

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Until the Terminator: Genysis pin from Steve Ritchie and the recently returned Dwight Sullivan!

I'd rather have seen Salvation in Pin form though...

#846 4 years ago

Any new morsels of Alien Pinball goodness to be shared soon? It's been too quiet post the Whitewood reveal

#847 4 years ago

According to their posts - Highway has been busy with sub-assembly on Full Throttle and is entering full production on March 30th. I imagine its all hand on deck getting that product shipping....which is great news! Really curious to see that final product with the backboard LED variant. Knowing they are capable of delivering a full pin to market should ease anyones skepticism....then hopefully on to some art and playfield design pics in April or soon thereafter.

#848 4 years ago

The last official announcement I'm aware of said Aliens was shipping in April (next month). If Andrew/Heighway Pinball is so transparent they should state their revised ETA for shipping. It seems pretty obvious there is no way the game is shipping anytime soon..

#849 4 years ago

Suspect a pretty amazing update soon.....Andrew very responsive, and this is a company capable of knocking out games pretty efficiently. I truly appreciate him addressing the playfield glass and optional Backbox display BEFORE release. He's listening, and the extra wait time is minor compared to the norm, for sure....

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The last official announcement I'm aware of said Aliens was shipping in April (next month). If Andrew/Heighway Pinball is so transparent they should state their revised ETA for shipping. It seems pretty obvious there is no way the game is shipping anytime soon..

Quoted from MK6PIN:

He's listening, and the extra wait time is minor compared to the norm, for sure....

I think everyone expected that they would be late, so not much to get too upset over yet. Just too bad they lost Nordman on the rest of Alien development over this timing issue we all knew wasn't happening. I'm sure there could have been other issues behind the scenes, but if I remember correctly, it appeared mainly over the fact Dennis refused to agree that the game could be shipping by April. I suspect he will be right.

I'm a huge fan of the swappable system, so I'm waiting to see both Full Throttle and Alien and might pop for both when they're ready.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside