pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 601.
#8401 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow, that's some bad ass ninja action right there. Geez.
I'd be confounded too if a random came up and started shouting at me randomly, especially if I was mid conversation with a friend.

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but I saw Kanada and Andrew have some very heated words by Mike's booth today around 1. I could not hear what was said nor was it my business, but my first thought was how sad that Andrew has done all he has, build a company overseas AND aggressively market it in the US by coming to our shows. I'm not in the market for either of their products at this time but I do appreciate what he's trying to do and wish his team much success. Yet here he was wasting his energy on someone that IMO, didn't deserve it. Then... after watching for a few minutes I changed my though process to realize how sad it is to witness two passionate people who love pinball have to act like this. We see this scenario all too often lately.

#8402 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know if it has been posted yet, but I saw Kanada and Andrew have some very heated words by Mike's booth today around 1.

Can we just be done with adding more drama to the thread?

#8403 7 years ago

Kaneda is not passionate about pinball. He's passionate about attention.

#8404 7 years ago

Further proof that his banishment from this and other forums was justified. What ever he was up to was most likely toxic.

#8405 7 years ago

The sound design on this pin is AWESOME!

David Theiel is a master!

#8406 7 years ago

Kaneda and I had a face to face talk after he and Andrew talked, worked things out like human beings. No shouting, and I'm taking him at his word that he's not looking to stir up drama. And I gave him my word that I'm not looking for that either. We shook hands, that's how you settle things. Can I ask that we try and just let the gossip stuff die? Make pinball, play pinball, enjoy pinball? If the two of us can do it then anyone can.

Kim would have gotten the same courtesy, but frankly I'd been awake all of 20 minutes, just stumbled down to the hall with the Alien animator (we shared a room) and I wasn't ready for someone to start getting in my face. I regret that I wasn't composed enough to de-escalate things, and let my emotions push him away. I looked for him later, we have a mutual friend who agreed to help mediate a truce, but there wasn't another opportunity.

This isn't about being a keyboard warrior, or a tough guy bad ass. I play Street Fighter, I don't fist fight. We're here to make pinball. I'll talk with anyone if you just don't come at me weird.

Honestly I'd just like to talk about the game.

#8407 7 years ago

I got to meet Aurich at the Heighway presentation yesterday. I was very impressed - he is a great guy and he and the rest of the HP team really inspired my increased confidence in Full T and Alien. Thanks for taking the time to chat Aurich!

#8408 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So do that.

Frankly, your last post bringing up both Kaneda and Mr68 didn't help. Thought we were trying to move on.....

#8409 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kaneda and I had a face to face talk after he and Andrew talked, worked things out like human beings. No shouting, and I'm taking him at his word that he's not looking to stir up drama. And I gave him my word that I'm not looking for that either. We shook hands, that's how you settle things. Can I ask that we try and just let the gossip stuff die? Make pinball, play pinball, enjoy pinball? If the two of us can do it then anyone can.
Kim would have gotten the same courtesy, but frankly I'd been awake all of 20 minutes, just stumbled down to the hall with the Alien animator (we shared a room) and I wasn't ready for someone to start getting in my face. I regret that I wasn't composed enough to de-escalate things, and let my emotions push him away. I looked for him later, we have a mutual friend who agreed to help mediate a truce, but there wasn't another opportunity.
This isn't about being a keyboard warrior, or a tough guy bad ass. I play Street Fighter, I don't fist fight. We're here to make pinball. I'll talk with anyone if you just don't come at me weird.

Wow, you did have an expo....huge kudos for taking the high road...and yes, this is only pinball, not MMA......

#8410 7 years ago

Will the production pins have a head phone jack and if so will it be in a convenient location? External volume control? Coin door art/game identification?

#8411 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So do that.
Frankly, your last post bringing up both Kaneda and Mr68 didn't help. Thought we were trying to move on.....

I've done the ignore it and it will go away thing, it doesn't work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm hopeful if the drama gets boring that people won't keep talking about it. Hand shaking is boring.

Anyways ...

My favorite thing about seeing the game in person is how much better the egg pops are now that they're not green. I have one of Matt's original casts, and the green ones light up ... green. We have 5 individually addressable color changing RGB LEDs under the eggs, it's so much better now that we can really light them up in color. Flickering flames, and even the stirring motion of a face hugger, it really looks great, and I'm gonna think of ideas to have Joe try now.

#8412 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My favorite thing about seeing the game in person is how much better the egg pops are now that they're not green. I have one of Matt's original casts, and the green ones light up ... green. We have 5 individually addressable color changing RGB LEDs under the eggs, it's so much better now that we can really light them up in color. Flickering flames, and even the stirring motion of a face hugger, it really looks great, and I'm gonna think of ideas to have Joe try now.

SWEET!!!

#8413 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've done the ignore it and it will go away thing, it doesn't work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude, Kaneda is permanently banned from this forum, and Mr68 is permanently banned from Heighway threads. No reason to continue discussing anything about either of them in this thread. Doing so just leads to more discussion about them....just like what is happening while I am typing this!

You might think you "worked things out like human beings" with Kaneda in person, but Beelzeboob thought the exact same thing. Do you remember how that panned out? Don't be fooled.

Man, Kaneda is just pure poison. Even without being a member here anymore, the drama he causes here is astonishing.

#8414 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I got to meet Aurich at the Heighway presentation yesterday. I was very impressed - he is a great guy and he and the rest of the HP team really inspired my increased confidence in Full T and Alien. Thanks for taking the time to chat Aurich!

It's true, I am a pretty great guy.

Was nice to meet you too, I really appreciated every single person who came over to me to give out positive energy, it meant a lot.

#8415 7 years ago

The videos I seen of Alien over the weekend were impressive! I'm more excited than ever to receive my Alien pin!
If Andrew & team can start getting these out the door soon, I think they will see huge sales on this pin. But, they need to start mass producing them ASAP.

Here's a Great video that you can hear the AUDIO in really well in.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

#8416 7 years ago

Happy (resized).jpgHappy (resized).jpg

#8417 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The videos I seen of Alien over the weekend were impressive! I'm more excited than ever to receive my Alien pin!
If Andrew & team can start getting these out the door soon, I think they will see huge sales on this pin. But, they need to start mass producing them ASAP.
Here's a great video that you can hear the audio really well in.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10210374795023964&id=1165384725

I haven't been following that closely but is Heighway capable of producing pins at a quick rate or is it slow going? It seems like for Full Throttle anyway that games kind of trickled out? If they presell 1000 games what do you think the wait time would be for someone new placing an order? I'd be far more prone to order if I knew I could get a game within a few months of ordering.

#8418 7 years ago

The game looks really exciting!

It's disappointing Sigourney passed, but oh well.

Can you play the game from the perspective of Jonesy?

Jones-500x750 (resized).pngJones-500x750 (resized).png

#8419 7 years ago

You get an LE for $8100 that will be amazing.

It could blow away the BM66LE i just bought for $9500.

I have totally gone from teetering on being out to ALL in

A great immersive theme is what i look for and this is it.

#8420 7 years ago

It sounds like Alien was a massive hit at Expo. Fuck the drama, Aurich, you and your team should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished.

Some of us who weren't even at Expo are ready to order. Once the gears start rolling and the pre-order people start reporting their games have been delivered with unboxing pics and vids, I will say for myself and my wife: we're eager to bring Alien home.

Know that you guys had a crucial victory with bringing this game to Expo, and know that a number of us who were on the fence going into this weekend are looking forward to pulling the trigger, bringing Alien home, and supporting you guys.

Can't wait....well done, Heighway!

#8421 7 years ago

the drama has been ridiculous , the drama should be , when can i get an alien ! looks wicked already for an early production version , excellent to be a pinhead right now.

#8422 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I haven't been following that closely but is Heighway capable of producing pins at a quick rate or is it slow going? It seems like for Full Throttle anyway that games kind of trickled out? If they presell 1000 games what do you think the wait time would be for someone new placing an order? I'd be far more prone to order if I knew I could get a game within a few months of ordering.

They have the factory to do so. I think all they need is the orders. So go ahead & order one & let's get this company rolling! Disclaimer: I've had my LE ordered for over a year.

#8423 7 years ago

Whomever it was, thank you for ejecting Kim out of this thread. Total inappropriate Libelous slander intent on trying to destroying somebody's business while you have NOTHING but hate to talk about.

And meanwhile, this SHILL is pumping up AP to sell his "position" to some poor fool. Worse than Jpop himself.

Carry on Andrew

I'll be sending in my production $$$ next week

Awesome show

#8424 7 years ago

So le game art isn't even started... Will need approvals... Major toys are being redesigned.. And production was starting right away... How do people reconcile these facts and claims? Sure seems like alien is a lot further away than the projections of just weeks ago... Which were off from the weeks before that. I just wish the forward looking statements were a bit more realistic

#8425 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So le game art isn't even started... Will need approvals... Major toys are being redesigned.. And production was starting right away... How do people reconcile these facts and claims? Sure seems like alien is a lot further away than the projections of just weeks ago... Which were off from the weeks before that. I just wish the forward looking statements were a bit more realistic

Who doesn't. How about JJP "forward looking statements"?

So you aren't sending $$ in? Just trolling as usual?

#8426 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Aurich can crank that out quickly. Plus they have the printer in house, so turnaround will be minimal. Plus you get the standard art as well I believe. LE art is not going to hold up shipping pins. The "airlock" sounded like a place holder for Expo. Dave mentioned a different design they will using, so it's not like, "back to the drawing board" to replace it.

#8427 7 years ago

Yay alien

#8428 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Carry on Andrew
I'll be sending in my production $$$ next week
Awesome show

Doing the same, after some soul searching, I will stand by my statement " truly believe he's one of the good guys" and pretty obvious he's funded most of this interenally ( loans or whatever)...I want this machine, and want help where I can. I'll pay the half, with backbox upgrade, and just settle up on armor when he sorts out what will be offered.

Aurich doing the LE artwork will kick ass, regardless, so I'm wading in a bit deeper...let's do this Andrew!!! Mark

#8429 7 years ago

Hey, some of us are getting the standard version, so no hold up for me !

In all seriousness, I would prefer the pre-order people get their games first. They have waited a LOT longer than me (all of 2 days now). Plus, it'll be a bit more reassuring to see them get their games before I put big $$ down.

#8430 7 years ago

I've said it before but I'll suggest it again.... Since Ripley is out, I really hope the LE artwork & trim focuses on the "Aliens" film, specifically the Queen & blue tones That would look really badass, since the standard has the look of the first film.

#8431 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I second that I was there and meet Aurich and had him sign my shadow translight. What a professional. A real down to earth guy. You ask him anything and he's straight forward. Didn't know Aurich was his real first name. Thought it was a pinside handle. I learn something new everyday his art work is very cool and genuine. I get a vibe he his just happy to be doing something for pinball. To bad the haters are out there.

#8432 7 years ago

Here is a pretty cool Alien video that shows the light show:

Also, separately, what is the "lifecycle" thing in Alien. Is it a mode, or a separate objective?

#8433 7 years ago

I am in quite for a time now. I am fully paid. I totally trust Andrew and his team and to all of you who were irritated by some of those poisoned posts here from some well-known, often destructive individuals:

- this company has never promised but not delivered anything. Time lines have been passed several times for sure but in smaller dimensions as we usually see @JJP for example

- statements of Andrew over here are always spot-on, he's not an aggressive salesman over here but surely always open to discuss things no matter if implementable or not. Of course now he must deliver and I am very sure that he will

- this company is producing pinball machines for a short time and was able to get one of the biggest licenses in the movie history. Afaik this is a huge success and getting approval from FOX even more

- we have seen two machines @Expo that also critics must confirm are somewhat over 90% of what we will receive as production pieces. I have understood that code must be tweaked, a toy will be tweaked and still some art stuff must be finished (or maybe was not showable because FOX has not approved all of it yet; having not seen stuff doesn't automatically mean that it is not there). This is not a 1 man show. We are talking about a company with employees in UK and USA. While ramping up for production all departments (code and art are different departments, toys is another for example) can work simultaneously and I personally see this machine in production soon.

- everybody I know (and I know quite a few) who has a Full Throttle is overall happy with the build quality, the game flow and the game itself. I am very sure that - FT was HP's first commercial game - HP is a learning company so Alien could be even better

- this company is young and has survived quite a time now where time delays on Alien surely didn't help to realize Alien Pinball. I don't know what it costs to knock a new game off the park exactly but when I read what Stern obviously said ("1 million per game") I am sure it is a lot. HP has handled all of this itself.

- though some of us don't fall in love with the design of the cabinet nobody that I have heard of has denied that the PF-swap idea is brilliant and having the choice (not being forced to though) to buy future titles as kits for a reduced price is definetly innovative and no other manufacturer offers this future variety.

- beside Spooky I see no other manufacturer except of HP being here on pinside, presenting things, discussing things, taking multiple slander and continuing being here. I personally find it embarrassing how HP has been treated here recently. I accept scepticism and find it very important to be sceptic these days but what I've read here is something else: I see a lot of negativity, slandering and even more than that. As HP has not done anything bad to the community (missing time lines which is kinda normal in this pinball world unfortunately but understandable cannot be the reason for that) I really have to say that this is everything but acceptable and I feel embarrassed for it

My name is Lars M. I am not connected to HP. I have lost money on the Predator fiasco. I am a rational guy and I felt to make a longer statement though I normally don't do this. I hope that this little summary shows what we're talking about actually as this has been torpedoed during the last days. I have confidence though I have made very bad experiences with the pre order system. I am not a nerd (imho )

#8434 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not an expert on the options, but I can answer this one, as far as I know you can buy any upgrades to the Standard that exist except the exclusive LE art package. You can add the toys like the beacons for sure.

I think its great that you can buy all of the upgrades a la carte and get exactly the game you want. Being able to do that without having to jump on an LE early is important to me as a potential buyer.

That being said, it is a little strange the way the site is currently designed. I find it slightly counterintuitive having to click on the Store link first to get to the optional extras page and not having a link to them on the main game pages where all of the features are listed. The descriptions and pictures are a bit lacking also. It could use a little tweaking to better promote them.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product-category/optionalextras/?product_view=list

#8435 7 years ago

So the le comes with all the extras but non reflective glass and u need shipping ? So all in it wld be near 9k also ? Was their or is there a deal for early adopters or if paid in full ?

#8436 7 years ago

For those who will get the Full Throttle board with your Alien - you will be blown away. Whenever I have friends over, FT is all they want to play that evening

#8437 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So the le comes with all the extras but non reflective glass and u need shipping ? So all in it wld be near 9k also ? Was their or is there a deal for early adopters or if paid in full ?

heighwaypinball.com $8150 today plus $210 if you want the glass, clear and simple, not 15 versions

here you go

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 2.06.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-16 at 2.06.13 AM (resized).png

#8438 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here is a pretty cool Alien video that shows the light show:

Great video, game looks great.

#8439 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

heighwaypinball.com $8150 today plus $210 if you want the glass, clear and simple, not 15 versions
here you go

How about shipping ? U keep saying di is 9500 but with shipping so alien is 8360 and another 500 for shipping i assume?

#8440 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How about shipping ? U keep saying di is 9500 but with shipping so alien is 8360 and another 500 for shipping i assume?

Unless you want to swim over there, put it in the raft and float back I've been quoted $350

Yes I am a smart ass right now. How the F are you still up on the east coast BigD?

Mind you, that's for the 500 run LE. That's it, no more JJP versions

#8441 7 years ago

Now if you prefer the super duper STANDARD version. Which is clearly marked "standard", its only $6450, how about that?

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 2.19.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-16 at 2.19.13 AM (resized).png

#8442 7 years ago

I saw it said shipping was included to us and then from there is where the shipping cost is . I fell asleep early and just woke up so figured id catch up on some pinball news lol.

#8443 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now if you prefer the super duper STANDARD version. Which is clearly marked "standard", its only $6450, how about that?

Na i like all the extras but its a good option for people

#8444 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Na i like all the extras but its a good option for people

I think shipping is sent to Chicago free? Or somewhere like that and then its on us.

I think this pin is going to be a home run, if you like the theme

#8445 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Am I the only one who actually prefer the standard version? I don't care about the topper and the second (optional?) screen, and I do not like the green LE. A standard would be my choice.

#8446 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think shipping is sent to Chicago free? Or somewhere like that and then its on us.
I think this pin is going to be a home run, if you like the theme

Yep love the theme and movies and i kinda have a horror/sci fi thing going on in my collection at the moment that was unintetential but i like it and may just go with it ..

#8447 7 years ago

5800 euro for the standard edition That cant be right....

#8449 7 years ago

First glimpse of Jonesy ( photo nicked from Aussiearcade)

Love it

IMG_0871 (resized).JPGIMG_0871 (resized).JPG

Edit

Just read on the onscreen rules. Hit orange shots and avoid blue. Nice and simples to follow. My kind of rules

#8450 7 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

First glimpse of Jonesy ( photo nicked from Aussiearcade)
Love it

Love it too!

Moved to Cats and Pinball subforum.
I kid, I kid...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/169?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.