I am in quite for a time now. I am fully paid. I totally trust Andrew and his team and to all of you who were irritated by some of those poisoned posts here from some well-known, often destructive individuals:
- this company has never promised but not delivered anything. Time lines have been passed several times for sure but in smaller dimensions as we usually see @JJP for example
- statements of Andrew over here are always spot-on, he's not an aggressive salesman over here but surely always open to discuss things no matter if implementable or not. Of course now he must deliver and I am very sure that he will
- this company is producing pinball machines for a short time and was able to get one of the biggest licenses in the movie history. Afaik this is a huge success and getting approval from FOX even more
- we have seen two machines @Expo that also critics must confirm are somewhat over 90% of what we will receive as production pieces. I have understood that code must be tweaked, a toy will be tweaked and still some art stuff must be finished (or maybe was not showable because FOX has not approved all of it yet; having not seen stuff doesn't automatically mean that it is not there). This is not a 1 man show. We are talking about a company with employees in UK and USA. While ramping up for production all departments (code and art are different departments, toys is another for example) can work simultaneously and I personally see this machine in production soon.
- everybody I know (and I know quite a few) who has a Full Throttle is overall happy with the build quality, the game flow and the game itself. I am very sure that - FT was HP's first commercial game - HP is a learning company so Alien could be even better
- this company is young and has survived quite a time now where time delays on Alien surely didn't help to realize Alien Pinball. I don't know what it costs to knock a new game off the park exactly but when I read what Stern obviously said ("1 million per game") I am sure it is a lot. HP has handled all of this itself.
- though some of us don't fall in love with the design of the cabinet nobody that I have heard of has denied that the PF-swap idea is brilliant and having the choice (not being forced to though) to buy future titles as kits for a reduced price is definetly innovative and no other manufacturer offers this future variety.
- beside Spooky I see no other manufacturer except of HP being here on pinside, presenting things, discussing things, taking multiple slander and continuing being here. I personally find it embarrassing how HP has been treated here recently. I accept scepticism and find it very important to be sceptic these days but what I've read here is something else: I see a lot of negativity, slandering and even more than that. As HP has not done anything bad to the community (missing time lines which is kinda normal in this pinball world unfortunately but understandable cannot be the reason for that) I really have to say that this is everything but acceptable and I feel embarrassed for it
My name is Lars M. I am not connected to HP. I have lost money on the Predator fiasco. I am a rational guy and I felt to make a longer statement though I normally don't do this. I hope that this little summary shows what we're talking about actually as this has been torpedoed during the last days. I have confidence though I have made very bad experiences with the pre order system. I am not a nerd (imho )