pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 601.
#8301 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They talked a lot about how FOX did cause significant delays, but have gotten what they need now.
I wanted the game in my room a year ago worse than potentially any of you ( maybe a few exceptions). I'm just convinced they've done a lot to this pin since inception to improve it, which also sucked time ( no one knew about the lit inner panels, and he went into great detail as to how hard it was to do). FOX did impede the timeline greater than they had expected.
It's taken longer than he or any of us wanted, period. But what was shown is incredible ( for me).
Back to square one....we all knew this some time back...his timelines are overzealous. Game is living, it will be tweaked and done soon. We will get billed when it's being produced. If you're uncomfortable, get the refund ( stated a thousand times previous).
I don't call bullshit ( usually done w intent) , I call " overoptimism" with unforeseen obstacles, some can be managed, some can't......shit...I've got an early flight back tomorrow...wtf am I doing....peace....mark

Fair enough. Have a safe flight.

#8302 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Andrew, you do realize that you are getting played right? Coming into your own thread and calling a pinsider a coward.
Poor form sir.

Nah, Andrew has passion and will defend his company......I actually respect that. It is unfortunate that public forums are not the best way to address people w nothing better to do than start shit....I AM out now...must sleep

#8303 7 years ago

Lame!

This could very well be a deal breaker.

I don't want to have to identify as a woman to play pinball.

Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Anyone know if Ripley's voice clips are used in the game? They were suspiciously absent from the promo video.

#8304 7 years ago

I'm surprised that there is no 'toy' on the pf of the Weyland Corp/Caterpillar P-5000 Power Loader. Looks like there's room behind the pop bumpers for someone to make an unofficial mod. Something along the lines of the TZ Robby Robot mod would look nice.

#8305 7 years ago

So, I too was asked this week to send 50% or full payment with payment options via wire, etc. Assumed they are going into production soon but a lot has to be done still I would assume with approvals from FOX just this week.

Ordering of parts, toys, US Team review and tweaks, software tweaking, assembly, testing, packaging, shipping...that looks like a good 2-3 months before games start showing up at owners front doors. I thought Heighway's policy was once your game was being built (on the assembly line they would ask for 50% and once it's ready to ship the remaining payment would be due?? That being said I look at the short list I noted above and I can't see it being possible that my game is ready to be built, or is it?

Could it be that FOX approved the game much earlier than when it was announced? If so...then they could be way ahead of schedule than we know it.

#8306 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't want to have to identify as a woman to play pinball.

Maybe this can help you with your issues

http://nonbinary.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

#8307 7 years ago

We always said that production would officially start when we had full game approval from our licensor. That has now happened.

Our payment terms have always been 50% when we begin production and the balance prior to shipping.

We are now ordering parts to build real Alien games. Some parts are in stock now. Many of the games' parts are 'production-ready' now and will be delivered within weeks.

Some parts need to be tweaked. Some parts need more testing. Software will be enhanced and tweaked. It is all part of the process.

#8308 7 years ago

Great to catch a glimpse and see some game play at Expo tonight.

20161014_215602 (resized).jpg20161014_215602 (resized).jpg

#8309 7 years ago

Sorry, the Power Loader's agent said no.

But, you can pretend that you ARE the Power Loader when you are playing.

Besides this isn't "Power Loader" its Aliens.

That's the logic explaining how Ripley is still part of the game.

Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

I'm surprised that there is no 'toy' on the pf of the Weyland Corp/Caterpillar P-5000 Power Loader. Looks like there's room behind the pop bumpers for someone to make an unofficial mod. Something along the lines of the TZ Robby Robot mod would look nice.

#8310 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We always said that production would officially start when we had full game approval from our licensor. That has now happened.
Our payment terms have always been 50% when we begin production and the balance prior to shipping.
We are now ordering parts to build real Alien games. Some parts are in stock now. Many of the games' parts are 'production-ready' now and will be delivered within weeks.
Some parts need to be tweaked. Some parts need more testing. Software will be enhanced and tweaked. It is all part of the process.

At this point I need more than just words.

Nothing like some good pictures of parts & games on the line to instill confidence in customers. Do that and the 50% money will roll in.

#8311 7 years ago

Ahem... Predator had prototypes and lots of pictures of parts.

Nothing like some good pictures of parts & games on the line to instill confidence in customers. Do that and the 50% money will roll in.

#8312 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Nuts and bolts in bins is not what I'm talking here...I want some 100's of painted Smaug heads on a rack type pics.

#8313 7 years ago

Nuts and bolts in bins is not what I'm talking here...I want some 100's of painted Smaug heads on a rack type pics.

Agreed

#8314 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Kevin never had produced 1 commercial game.
Heighway has produced and distributed 2.
Huge difference regardless of what ever the production numbers are

#8315 7 years ago

People on here are unbelievable sometimes . A guy has a passion to make pins and people will do their best to bring out the torches and pitchforks . I'm sure they have no intentions whatsoever of buying , they just get off trolling.

#8316 7 years ago

I missed playing Alien tonight, it must have been tucked away in another room.....it looks killer , hopefully I can jam on it Saturday.

#8318 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern have the ace in the hole - Lyman on the code. Boy, hope Stern give him a big bonus!

I have to disagree that Lyman Sheets gives Stern a great edge over JJP. Keith Johnson is every bit as good in creating compelling, fun, immersive code.

Both are great with their own styles.

#8319 7 years ago

Posted in the other thread, but figured some may like them here. ( the problem w two threads)

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8320 7 years ago

#8321 7 years ago

#8322 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

People on here are unbelievable sometimes . A guy has a passion to make pins and people will do their best to bring out the torches and pitchforks . I'm sure they have no intentions whatsoever of buying , they just get off trolling.

Perfectly stated...blows my mind

Quoted from PACMAN:

I can only believe you are being sarcastic with that statement

Regardless...flying home with a great confidence, and more excited than ever to own this, after finally getting to experience it first hand.

#8323 7 years ago

Christ there are some dicks on pinside...the games are prototypes, they said the games were prototypes, the plan was to get a couple games there, not all functions work yet...this was the expectation all along, this was what they said all along. Guys coming in the thread to troll and/or haven't read any of the thread acting like these are fully finished games that suddenly fell apart. Oy. Just tiring listening to it.

#8324 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Christ there are some dicks on pinside.

Ya think.

Great pics Hilton, I think the game looks awesome and will be unbelievably "immersive", the reveal exceeded my expectations, the whole package, including the art, good job Aurich.

Maybe i missed it, I was under the impression that even though Stern had an exclusive with Sigourney Weaver that she would still be in the movie clips and the sound.

Is that not correct? If you have the rights to the film assets that has to include her right? And Fox would pay her and others some kind of royalty?

#8325 7 years ago

So no Ripley? Has that been confirmed by HP?

That is pretty significant... She's a key part of the legacy, her total omission leaves a gap, more so than any of the other characters that could have been shelved by the approval process. She's the best part of the movies, proven by everything that came after Alien 3.

#8326 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So no Ripley? Has that been confirmed by HP?
That is pretty significant... She's a key part of the legacy, her total omission leaves a gap, more so than any of the other characters that could have been shelved by the approval process. She's the best part of the movies, proven by everything that came after Alien 3.

Edit: just read that you're supposed to be playing as Ripley, all I would like to know is, is her voice in the game or not, thanks

#8327 7 years ago

Let's hope they are working on it with Sigourney

I'd throw in extra cash to help get her into a pinball machine that is titled ALIEN!!!!!!

How can you NOT have her blowing up pods and rolling around in her underwear scenes?

We all need to pitch in and figure a way to get to her with an impassioned plea and huge fan base. Would she really NOT want to be part of an ALIEN pin?

Can we get the real story?

Andrew, these other ________ are creating all kinds of LE, SLE BS

Is it a $$$ thing? Figure something out to make a SLE of Alien, raise some more $$$ and get her ass in the pin!!!!!!

What can we do to help?

#8328 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Figure something out to make a SLE of Alien, raise some more $$$ and get her ass in the pin!!!!!!
What can we do to help?

Not that.

#8329 7 years ago

Not trying to fight the wave, but if Sigourney is not in the game, it wouldn't be THAT big of a dealbreaker. Sure, it would suck, but then I'd hear that indelible proximity sensor noise of movement being detected, or I'd hear the screech of an alien being shot, and I would pretty much completely and totally forget that she's not in the game.

Yeah, it'd be a downer, but not enough to bring me out of the running.

I can't wait until this game is brought to full fruition and starts shipping. That is when I'll make the real decision to pull my trigger or not. I really hope we're not talking about this release "coming" 6 months from now. This really does look great, and IMHO, Heighway has so far been the clear winner at Expo.

#8330 7 years ago

She is not in the game. No film clips (I assume) and no dialogue. Bummed.

#8331 7 years ago

So, I am supposed to defend myself against a coward who hides anonymously behind a keyboard?
Your comments are BS and specifically timed to do as much damage as possible to my company. You clearly have alterior motives - whoever you are.
No, I am not going to reply to your comments - unless you reveal your true identity.
Otherwise this is nothing more than slander.

Andrew

I am neither a coward or anonymous. My name is Kim Mitchell and I have been posting under the Mr68 handle for a decade now. I am well know in the community and the industry.

I think you should answer those allegations or prepare to let them fester.

#8332 7 years ago

Man those look really cool in the dark, going to have to play this one with the lights out!

Hopefully there were some learnings from expo, now it can be tweaked and made perfect!

#8333 7 years ago

How do you feel about this grossly late pin being ready for its worldwide premier at expo only completed "to a degree" ?
Because supposedly the only thing holding it all up was fox...I'm a preorder same as you and have no problem admitting that I have been completely bullshitted
Oh and your Aimee email was sent a month ago talking about production in 3 weeks...again, more bullshit

Here's how I feel:

#8334 7 years ago

No time for a long post now, still at Expo, but when I get a chance later I'll try and post up answers and clarifications to things. Lots of stories start flying during the show, I know it's hard to keep track of what's what. We'll get it all settled.

#8335 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Great to catch a glimpse and see some game play at Expo tonight.

HA, that's me playing. That's my arm band and jacket.

I came away from the game very impressed. Yea, a few things on the game were missing mechanical wise but it played nice. It immersed you into the theme and damn the sights and sounds are really good. Brian Dominy on code is doing great, Aurich art is good and Thiel is naling it on sounds !
It's a prototype I get it. I think Heighway wins for the pricing market on all these new games coming out. I like the direction the game is going and it had lots of stuff on the playfield. I'll be looking at adding one once things get further along and I see more.

#8336 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No time for a long post now, still at Expo, but when I get a chance later I'll try and post up answers and clarifications to things. Lots of stories start flying during the show, I know it's hard to keep track of what's what. We'll get it all settled.

Aurich you're a straight talker. Is Ripley in the game in terms of voice/video? I have skin in the game and would really like to know, cheers.

#8337 7 years ago

It's Groundhog Day on pinside for the 4th or 10th time. I'm not sure, but all this stuff seems really familiar.

obvious warning signs (factory movements, employee problems, delivery problems).. check
insider warnings.. check
forum bans.. check
deposit requests.. check
proto-prototypes at shows.. check
IP uncertainty and questions.. check
unbridled enthusiasm to the point of reality denial.. check
enthusiastic deposit placements.. check

---

Maybe if some of you guys had a woman to fall in love with, this board could escape this recurring dream...

#8338 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Andrew
I am neither a coward or anonymous. My name is Kim Mitchell and I have been posting under the Mr68 handle for a decade now. I am well know in the community and the industry.

Here you have it and that is why people get annoyed of your comments.

You are quoting Andrew as did he give that reaction to you. He reacted to someone that has it account already blocked.

If you cannot leave it by facts or twist reality than please do not post here at all.

For reference purposes:

Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Why would you send more money to Andrew Heighway at this point? Let's look at the facts.
1. Andrew hasn't fulfilled his full throttle orders. Ask him. Coin Taker hasn't even gotten their orders filled. Ask them.
2. The US Heighway team has NEVER seen a physical game yet. The first they saw it was at Expo. They've been designing the game virtually.
3. Denis Nordman said at Expo he was never paid.
4. Andrew has ex employees suing him for unpaid wages
5. His game is based on Ripley yet S.Weaver denied them permission....seriously...Zen Pinball got permission.
All you have to do is ask Andrew himself if he's shipped more than 100 Full Throttles and that's all you need to know. 4.5 years...4 factories. Countless employees. Does that sound like a man who has money to build you Alien pin. You're all fools and it's gonna be hysterical when you fail to see the truth.

So, I am supposed to defend myself against a coward who hides anonymously behind a keyboard?
Your comments are BS and specifically timed to do as much damage as possible to my company. You clearly have alterior motives - whoever you are.
No, I am not going to reply to your comments - unless you reveal your true identity.
Otherwise this is nothing more than slander.

#8339 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

It's Groundhog Day on pinside for the 4th or 10th time. I'm not sure, but all this stuff seems really familiar.
obvious warning signs (factory movements, employee problems, delivery problems).. check
insider warnings.. check
forum bans.. check
deposit requests.. check
proto-prototypes at shows.. check
IP uncertainty and questions.. check
unbridled enthusiasm to the point of reality denial.. check
enthusiastic deposit placements.. check
---
Maybe if some of you guys had a woman to fall in love with, this board could escape this recurring dream...

Trolling with a 37.3 % thumbs ratio.. check

Sadsack indeed

#8340 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Here you have it and that is why people get annoyed of your comments.
You are quoting Andrew as did he give that reaction to you. He reacted to someone that has it account already blocked.
If you cannot leave it by facts or twist reality than please do not post here at all.

Damn right! It's not the trolls that are the biggest problem. Those who believe/feed the trolls and keep asking Andrew to give comments to every absurd statement are the real problem on this forum.

#8341 7 years ago

My thoughts:

1) Heighway has already shown they can ship and support pins.

2) They have already shown a flipping Alien pin that real people have played. Out of four companies talking about new machines, Heighway was one out of the only two to do that. Yes it has some bugs and isn't completely done, but that was fully disclosed well before expo, in this thread.

So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not they can ship Alien when the only strike against them is random anonymous postings from someone with a clear axe to grind with Andrew.

#8342 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My thoughts:
1) Heighway has already shown they can ship and support pins.
2) They have already shown a flipping Alien pin that real people have played. Yes it has some bugs and isn't completely done, but that was fully disclosed well before expo, in this thread. Out of four companies talking about new machines, Heighway was one out of the only two to do that.
So I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not they can ship Alien when the only strike against them is random anonymous postings from someone with a clear axe to grind with Andrew.

Well said - at least the proto pins Heighway was showing were flippable.

#8343 7 years ago

Andrew, you do realize that you are getting played right? Coming into your own thread and calling a pinsider a coward.
Poor form sir.

Yeah, getting played by a coward!

#8344 7 years ago

They got a prototype to expo,they keep us up to date and answer questions on pinside,their game looks awesome and is offered at a respectful price point. Is this not what everyone on pinside has asked for??? Great job to the whole team on this one. You have earned my order.

#8345 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Andrew

Buy it or don't. Only thing he owes anybody is a game of they paid for it!!! Have you bought one? If not, re-read the second sentence.

#8346 7 years ago

Jesus the effing hating & stone throwing that goes on here is just unbelievable. Been stated before so I won't bother to acknowledge it again. Seriously, get a life.

With that said, the game looks phenomenal for only being a prototype, and that's without the fiber optic lighting or the LE art revealed. I'm super stoked with the potential of this pin & the emersive experience it's going to create. I think they did a great job with the plastics (I see those Semiotic Standard symbols) & the structural look of the inlane return rails. Lots of little details here. Wow the sounds & music.....kudos on the Alien screaching when hitting the head targets! Those beacon look legit (not some cheap tiny string of LED bulbs on Batman topper) & are really going to light up my game room. Most importantly, it looks really fun to shoot, and the modes are going to be a blast. I like the status info displayed in the LCD screen (turret bullets remaining, weapon selection, dropship shots, lifecycle status, etc), clear to tell what's going on & what needs to be shot.

Well done Andrew & everyone on the Heighway team! These young Heighway programmers clearly know what they are doing (forgive me for not knowing their names yet, but with work like this, that's going to change). Really exciting to see what this design team comes up with in the future.

How about some game talk for a change? Only thing I can't figure out is how the ball gets to the RT return rail. Does the alien eat it, then it comes out from behind the back of the playfield? I thought there was a subway that took the eaten balls to the eject scoop, but I could be wrong.

Did they mention if black nickel might be a trim option for LE owners? Not too sold on that green trim. Chrome looks sweet but a bit pricey I hear.

This is the stuff that I that I'm curious about, not BS trolling.

Looking forward to watching the Heighway Expo presentation video

#8347 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Edit: just read that you're supposed to be playing as Ripley, all I would like to know is, is her voice in the game or not, thanks

No, Sigourney Weaver is not part of this game in anyway. And no one on the team is more disappointed than me.

I guess we should've offered her more than a free pinball machine and a tour of the factory.

#8348 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

let them fester.

Please go away. Pretty please? Nobody cares.

Fester (resized).jpgFester (resized).jpg

#8349 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No, Sigourney Weaver is not part of this game in anyway. And no one on the team is more disappointed than me.
I guess we should've offered her more than a free pinball machine and a tour of the factory.

Just to clarify....that's a joke

#8350 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Just to clarify....that's a joke

Thanks for the straight answer Slam. Very unfortunate not to get her, to me thats regretfully a dealbreaker for my preorder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.