pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 601.
#8251 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Their Facebook page is saying there in production.
Is that a production game or a Proto game at expo?

Trying to get some actual info and updates here from Heighway.

Would be nice to know what is going on, a real status report for those that couldn't be there.

I'd like to send in my production deposit but I need more details and timeframe and some actual video of somebody playing this pin.

#8252 7 years ago

Are the facehuggers made out of a solid resin type plastic or more of a rubbery silicon that jiggles?

#8253 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Sorry, I'm just stunned that the star of the movies is only represented by a silver ball.

alien3a (resized).jpgalien3a (resized).jpg

#8254 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Their Facebook page is saying there in production.
Is that a production game or a Proto game at expo?

Thanks!

Looks like one of each: a standard and an LE. The standard comes with the LCD in the backbox as well it looks like....o_o...?

Anyone have a link to the FAQ on Heighway's page? It is really hidden....

#8255 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

How in the hell did Stern get her likeness for Ghostbusters? You know they didn't shell out extra for her.

Could be differences in contracts signed at the time of the film? Likeness rights were changing back then. It might be she signed them away for Ghostbusters back then but not for Alien.

I was reading an article about the legal rights troubles for Batman 66. It took some devoted people to get those rights untangled just to release the DVDs and eventually merch like the pin.

https://www.wired.com/2014/11/batman-home-video-finally/

#8256 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trying to get some actual info and updates here from Heighway.
Would be nice to know what is going on, a real status report for those that couldn't be there.
I'd like to send in my production deposit but I need more details and timeframe and some actual video of somebody playing this pin.

Why would you send more money to Andrew Heighway at this point? Let's look at the facts.

1. Andrew hasn't fulfilled his full throttle orders. Ask him. Coin Taker hasn't even gotten their orders filled. Ask them.
2. The US Heighway team has NEVER seen a physical game yet. The first they saw it was at Expo. They've been designing the game virtually.
3. Denis Nordman said at Expo he was never paid.
4. Andrew has ex employees suing him for unpaid wages
5. His game is based on Ripley yet S.Weaver denied them permission....seriously...Zen Pinball got permission.

All you have to do is ask Andrew himself if he's shipped more than 100 Full Throttles and that's all you need to know. 4.5 years...4 factories. Countless employees. Does that sound like a man who has money to build you Alien pin. You're all fools and it's gonna be hysterical when you fail to see the truth.

#8258 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Why would you send more money to Andrew Heighway at this point? Let's look at the facts.
1. Andrew hasn't fulfilled his full throttle orders. Ask him. Coin Taker hasn't even gotten their orders filled. Ask them.
2. The US Heighway team has NEVER seen a physical game yet. The first they saw it was at Expo. They've been designing the game virtually.
5. His game is based on Ripley yet S.Weaver denied them permission....seriously...Zen Pinball got permission.
All you have to do is ask Andrew himself if he's shipped more than 100 Full Throttles and that's all you need to know. 4.5 years...4 factories. Countless employees. Does that sound like a man who has money to build you Alien pin. You're all fools and it's gonna be hysterical when you fail to see the truth.

#8259 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck man I miss Kenada

Quoted from TheLaw:

Fuck man I miss Kenada

Do you have the balls to ask Andrew how many Full Throttles he's sipped in 4.5 years? Or are you gonna just hand him more money for Alien to finish his Full Throttle orders.

#8260 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Do you have the balls to ask Andrew how many Full Throttles he's sipped in 4.5 years? Or are you gonna just hand him more money for Alien to finish his Full Throttle orders.

God I would never give them monies....but that doesn't make it a bad game

#8261 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Do you have the balls to ask Andrew how many Full Throttles he's sipped in 4.5 years?

Do you have the balls to tell us who you are?

#8262 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God I would never give monies....but that doesn't make it a bad game

Not saying it's a bad game. Just saying it's not happening anytime soon. He promised it this November. He's sending out an email saying money is due now because production is starting. That's a crock of shit.

Look, Andrew chimes in to every thread where he is questioned. Andrew, in 4.5 years, have you shipped more than 100 Full Throttles? I'm not asking for totals. I'm not asking for dollar amounts. Just in 4.5 year have you shipped 100 or more Full Throttles? Do the math people. Investing in this now is like giving money to Zidware.

#8263 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

guys guys guys....

#8264 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I used to work with Andy. That's all I'll say.

#8265 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Look, Andrew chimes in to every thread where he is questioned. Andrew, in 4.5 years, have you shipped more than 100 Full Throttles? I'm not asking for totals. I'm not asking for dollar amounts. Just in 4.5 year have you shipped 100 or more Full Throttles? Do the math people. Investing in this now is like giving money to Zidware.

Well I.......I cannot argue that.

#8266 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Who the f**k are you, and your post has some blatant bullshit in it.....

Biggest thing to know...he's not directly asking for more money right now.....just email sent "to prepare for payment as production is close" I'm not sending more money yet, nor am I remotely backing out.

There are still things to sort ( LE artwork, armor, PDI ( or like) glass, etc.

These were proto machines...the US team JUST got to get their hands on them earlier in the week. Things will progress at a much quicker pace now.

I believe he is ( reasonably) staged, and will be able to bang these out once the US team can put the package together, tweak, etc.

He wanted to have something people could put their hands on and play ( to a degree) at expo. He did that. Overwhelming opinion that it was the coolest reveal at the show.

In my house by Christmas? Judging by the Protos, not likely but possible. 1st quarter 17?...much more likely. But I see zero reason to panick ( quite the opposite), nor a need to send more cash....they're not in production yet.

#8267 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who the f**k are you,

Well you know the answer to that one....

#8268 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8269 7 years ago

#8270 7 years ago

#8271 7 years ago

#8272 7 years ago

I guess it's plugged in now. Looks great.

#8273 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Look, Andrew chimes in to every thread where he is questioned.

And that, from a manufacturer standpoint, proves to be a liability to virtually EVERY one of them when they venture on here.

Just because of shit like this. The attempt at buzzkill after the showing was viewed by many ( including me) as a MAJOR hit is just wrong.

How many manufacturers state the actual # of games sold? Better yet, how many have been sold to end users/ operators.

Answer----0. Now go away

#8274 7 years ago

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was excited to buy Alien thinking release was soon, but the fact they brought prototype games to Expo, that didn't work correctly, I think they have a long way to go and I'm not into financing unless they wanna pay me interest on my money or a GUARENTEED delivery date.

#8275 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you know the answer to that one....

Truth there....

#8276 7 years ago

Got about five games on it this evening. these are prototypes but look close to me. They look AMAZING in person! THey play very good, esp for being prototype/pre-production/whatever you want to call them.

The audio is phemonenal and will likely get way better. LOTS of shoots any they feel good. I played a few games w Steve Bowden and he agree that it is solid and fun to shoot as first impression and going to be great once at production.

Most importantly for me (and iceman). They have the X factor. IMERSION! Toss on your headphones, turn it up, rock a beverage, and step into the world under the glass.

Super pumped to see the final product. ICeman, just send the deposit! It is just a deposit and you are gonna want to get in the cue now IMHO.

#8277 7 years ago

Good work H.

#8278 7 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I guess it's plugged in now. Looks great.

It was plugged in ( 2 of them) and working ( with glitches) for 2.5 hours last night, w nonstop play ( even though single ball)

#8279 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was excited to buy Alien thinking release was soon, but the fact they brought prototype games to Expo, that didn't work correctly, I think they have a long way to go and I'm not into financing unless they wanna pay me interest on my money or a GUARENTEED delivery date.

BUT, I am glad they brought the games, and they LOOK awesome, I mean that is WAY better than JJP waiting until it's "finished" and we all laugh...

#8280 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Got about five games on it this evening. these are prototypes but look close to me. They look AMAZING in person! THey play very good, esp for being prototype/pre-production/whatever you want to call them.
The audio is phemonenal and will likely get way better. LOTS of shoots any they feel good. I played a few games w Steve Bowden and he agree that it is solid and fun to shoot as first impression and going to be great once at production.
Most importantly for me (and iceman). They have the X factor. IMERSION! Toss on your headphones, turn it up, rock a beverage, and step into the world under the glass.
Super pumped to see the final product. ICeman, just send the deposit! It is just a deposit and you are gonna want to get in the cue now IMHO.

Well said!!!...

#8281 7 years ago

I played the game tonight and most of the features were broke or did not work. Not a good sign. I guess still prototypes?

#8282 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I played both games tonight and they worked fine. A few small ball hangups, but those are expected. Both seemed to be functioning as expected from mynpoint of view. A few feaure not available to play, but things look close.

Most important to me is that is shoots very good!

#8283 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

BUT, I am glad they brought the games, and they LOOK awesome, I mean that is WAY better than JJP waiting until it's "finished" and we all laugh...

You will want in on this if you're a fan of the theme. Only a deposit needed....I've ranted long enough...game does NOT need defending...not even close. I'm sure we'll know when finished versions will be ready to ship soon enough. When that happens, THEN send $$$$$....

#8284 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Who the f**k are you, and your post has some blatant bullshit in it.....
Biggest thing to know...he's not directly asking for more money right now.....just email sent "to prepare for payment as production is close" I'm not sending more money yet, nor am I remotely backing out.
There are still things to sort ( LE artwork, armor, PDI ( or like) glass, etc.
These were proto machines...the US team JUST got to get their hands on them earlier in the week. Things will progress at a much quicker pace now.
I believe he is ( reasonably) staged, and will be able to bang these out once the US team can put the package together, tweak, etc.
He wanted to have something people could put their hands on and play ( to a degree) at expo. He did that. Overwhelming opinion that it was the coolest reveal at the show.
In my house by Christmas? Judging by the Protos, not likely but possible. 1st quarter 17?...much more likely. But I see zero reason to panick ( quite the opposite), nor a need to send more cash....they're not in production yet.

Don't know about you but I've got the email that is clearly stating request for the next50% payment, as per their payment terms.

#8285 7 years ago

A few of the features were out, it's hard to beat the theme and A/V on it is very cool (INMHO).

My unsolicited comment would be the fact that the big 27 LCD screen was a mirror. You could so much more atmospherically could be done with different content on the big screen. Such as shock scares that dare you to look away from the playfield screen.

You could use the playfield LCD to direct you using the motion scanner to the correct ramp as a backup to the playfield LCD lighting.

#8286 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Don't know about you but I've got the email that is clearly stating request for the next50% payment, as per their payment terms.

Can we please get some clarity on this?

I thought I read today that 50% was due the week of production, then the last 50% was due when game is ready

#8287 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Last one I received regarding $$$ ( treated it merely as a heads up, because that's how it reads)

"Dear Mark

I am excited to tell you that we are nearly ready to begin production of ‘Alien Pinball’.

In the near future, we will be releasing a promo video, and some playfield images, for you to see.

The purpose of this email is to give you 2-3 weeks’ notice - before we will ask for the 50% payment of your game – which is due when we begin manufacturing these games.

At this time, you will also be offered additional options – such as LCD screen upgrades, if you have not already upgraded, Non-Reflective glass, Polished Chrome trim, and other options.

As soon as we have received final game approval from our Licensor, 20th Century FOX, we will begin production.

You will be able to make your payment via Paypal, Worldpay or bank wire transfer. We are advising all of our customers to pay by bank wire transfer, to our U.S. bank account, as it avoids costly fees and charges.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise I will be in contact with you in a few weeks time.

Yours sincerely,

1472638656616_logo.png
Aimee Dando| Chief Administrator"

Heighway Pinball, Unit 35 Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5SD United Kingdom.
Email: [email protected] Web: http://www.heighwaypinball.com

#8288 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I thought I read today that 50% was due the week of production, then the last 50% was due when game is ready

You are correct, and that's always been my understanding...

#8289 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I played both games tonight and they worked fine. A few small ball hangups, but those are expected.

Just like Predator?

#8290 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Correct and now as I said earlier and from what is on their Facebook page they are now in production.

#8291 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Correct and now as I said earlier and from what is on their Facebook page they are now in production.

Hmm just looked over there " production" would be the term to be clarified and quantified a bit, I believe. Hopefully, we will gain clarity soon...

#8292 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hmm just looked over there " production" would be the term to be clarified and quantified a bit, I believe.

Wow.

Ok so....Just wow

#8293 7 years ago

How do you feel about this grossly late pin being ready for its worldwide premier at expo only completed "to a degree" ?

Because supposedly the only thing holding it all up was fox...I'm a preorder same as you and have no problem admitting that I have been completely bullshitted

Oh and your Aimee email was sent a month ago talking about production in 3 weeks...again, more bullshit

#8294 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks Hilton!

#8295 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I remember her speaking in the movies. She should be in there. "Get away from her you bitch" comes to mind.

THIS. I assume the object of the game is to get to and kill the queen. How can you do what without using Ripley's callouts? It would be like being Brad Pitt's brother Doug. Looks like Brad... but... just... not... quite... there.

#8296 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow.
Ok so....Just wow

Agreed....I believe "production" is overstated in this case. Meh...I'm just not worried. I pay when I see an invoice, until that, not even on my radar. When that shows up, we'll see where we are.

#8297 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

So, I am supposed to defend myself against a coward who hides anonymously behind a keyboard?

Your comments are BS and specifically timed to do as much damage as possible to my company. You clearly have alterior motives - whoever you are.

No, I am not going to reply to your comments - unless you reveal your true identity.

Otherwise this is nothing more than slander.

#8298 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

So, I am supposed to defend myself against a coward who hides anonymously behind a keyboard?
Your comments are BS and specifically timed to do as much damage as possible to my company. You clearly have alterior motives - whoever you are.
No, I am not going to reply to your comments - unless you reveal your true identity.
Otherwise this is nothing more than slander.

Andrew, you do realize that you are getting played right? Coming into your own thread and calling a pinsider a coward.

Poor form sir.

#8299 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

How do you feel about this grossly late pin being ready for its worldwide premier at expo being completed "to a degree" ?
Because supposedly the only thing holding it all up was fox...I'm a preorder same as you and have no problem admitting that I have been completely bullshitted
Oh and your Aimee email was sent a month ago talking about production in 3 weeks...again, more bullshit

They talked a lot about how FOX did cause significant delays, but have gotten what they need now.

I wanted the game in my room a year ago worse than potentially any of you ( maybe a few exceptions). I'm just convinced they've done a lot to this pin since inception to improve it, which also sucked time ( no one knew about the lit inner panels, and he went into great detail as to how hard it was to do). FOX did impede the timeline greater than they had expected.

It's taken longer than he or any of us wanted, period. But what was shown is incredible ( for me).

Back to square one....we all knew this some time back...his timelines are overzealous. Game is living, it will be tweaked and done soon. We will get billed when it's being produced. If you're uncomfortable, get the refund ( stated a thousand times previous).

I don't call bullshit ( usually done w intent) , I call " overoptimism" with unforeseen obstacles, some can be managed, some can't......shit...I've got an early flight back tomorrow...wtf am I doing....peace....mark

#8300 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Andrew, you do realize that you are getting played right? Coming into your own thread and calling a pinsider a coward.
Poor form sir.

Except the guy is not a pinsider... new account with a grand total of 6 posts.... All in this thread. Please dont associate pinside with this kind of outsider activity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/166?hl=djkyrtgfsrfw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.