• 24,679 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by WolfManCat
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24679 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 494.
#8201 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I do hope you can adjust the brightness on that backboard strip.

They should have put that underneath the top piece of wood so it was shining downward toward the PF instead of straight ahead into your eyeballs.

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Design/Quality Issues. New company = a mountain of headache learning curves.

You've played Stern pros, right? Old company, still putting out shit...

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You've played Stern pros, right? Old company, still putting out shit...

Up until their playfield ussues, stern pros have been amazing. Especially for <$5k. MET PRO, GOT PRO, TWD PRO...some excellent pins there. If you don't agree, you're missing out.

What I'm talking about is hardware/software issues (ala WOZ, spike, etc...) and design issues. Didn't the designer bail on this pin? Sounds like that's not a big concern which is good to hear. Will be interesting to see how alien code compares vs stern and jjp.

Other than that, alien looks amazing! IYs definitely on my radar. Especially since my soon to be 4 year old loves AVP pinball on my iPad and keeps asking when we'll get a real aliens pinball

#8204 2 years ago

Any word on the status of the LE artwork?

#8205 2 years ago

Is that kit a little high priced? Almost as much as a Pro costs.

#8206 2 years ago

Am I missing something on that last picture. Didn't is have side blade artwork and an egg chamber look?

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that kit a little high priced? Almost as much as a Pro costs.

They said approx. 60% of full game, so that was the price all along...

#8208 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sweet Lordy
I do hope you can adjust the brightness on that backboard strip.

That picture is with the glass off....the bezel covers those lights and you cAnnot see them. The game looks amazing lit up in person.

#8209 2 years ago

Anyone know if Ripley's voice clips are used in the game? They were suspiciously absent from the promo video.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

Anyone know if Ripley's voice clips are used in the game? They were suspiciously absent from the promo video.

I wondered the same thing?

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from DialedOut:

Before ordering, maybe check this out. Can't post link...just put a h t t p s : and see for yourself.
//beta.companies.gov.uk/company/08087382/charges

Quoted from iceman44:

Stern or JJP employee? What's your best guess

I think we can make a good guess. And it ain't those guys.

I can just imagine them reading "charges" and having a good beat off at how clever they think they are.

However, yet again, they have mud on their face, same as the last time they bought up Andrews old companies in this thread, where they foolishly misinterpreted simple business terms.

"Charges" are not "criminal proceedings" like the person clearly thinks they are.

"Charges" are used to secure borrowing by a company. Borrowing is often done under the terms of a debenture issued by the company. Charges on a company's assets are registered at the Companies Office against the name of the company for all to see.

In this case, Heighway has taken a business loan with Fleximize Ltd, a loan company. Fleximize have taken a Charge on the company and its assets for security. If the company doesn't pay back the loan, Fleximize are a secured creditor and they are first in line to get their money when the assets are sold. All standard, business 101 stuff.

This is freely available, open public knowledge, it is written in the documents. If the poster of the information had ANY business knowledge whatsoever it is clear as day.

Jeeeeezus.

rd

#8212 2 years ago

I was just in the seminar and Andrew said that she is not, but it would not make sense if she was. The game is done from her perspective and she would be taking to herself.

Seminar was great. Good crowd and people seemed happy. Those guys really have a passion for this theme!

#8213 2 years ago

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) isn't in the game. The player is Ripley and so you experience first-hand everything she did in both movies.

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) isn't in the game. The player is Ripley and so you experience first-hand everything she did in both movies.

Makes sense to me

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I remember her speaking in the movies. She should be in there. "Get away from her you bitch" comes to mind.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I remember her speaking in the movies. She should be in there. "Get away from her you bitch" comes to mind.

It's a rights issue I thought...they would have put her in if they could.

#8217 2 years ago

Crap.

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a rights issue I thought...they would have put her in if they could.

I know, I was just saying to bad. She should have said hell yes, that's another way for me to stay relevant.

#8219 2 years ago

Will there be no footage of her either?

#8220 2 years ago

My god, I just told my wife no Ripley and she told me to cancel our order! Someone help!

#8221 2 years ago

David Thiel was dropping truth bombs in the seminar today.

#8222 2 years ago

My god, I just told my wife no Ripley and she told me to cancel our order! Someone help!

Tell her she gets to BE Ripley!

Even better

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Any more info? Is it posted somewhere?

#8224 2 years ago

Any more info? Is it posted somewhere?

Not sure. He was relating past employment experiences.

#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Gonna elaborate?

#8226 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure Andrew confirmed Ripley somewhere in this thread.

#8227 2 years ago

Thx for clarifying the back story RD

Didn't know. Yep, typical non issue security agreement

#8228 2 years ago

Hmm. Looking back 9 months, they were still negotiating. Guess it didn't work out. "Get away from her, you bitch!" will not appear in this game.

#8229 2 years ago

Sorry, I'm just stunned that the star of the movies is only represented by a silver ball.

#8230 2 years ago

Sorry, I'm just stunned that the star of the movies is only represented by a silver ball.

I thought the Alien was the star

#8231 2 years ago

Even a sound double would be better. Even though the player is her, she would still be speaking….

#8232 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I thought the Alien was the star

Nope.

#8233 2 years ago

So what were the F ing truth bombs? Is it that hard?

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

DSCN5459 (resized).JPG

#8235 2 years ago

Bummer. I'll still get one

#8236 2 years ago

The game rocks...easily the most immersion of the new releases.....buggy as anticipated, but has the makings of a truly outstanding machine.....the game is called ALIEN, not Ripley....as it should be.....good grief

#8237 2 years ago

IMG_4771 (resized).JPG

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So what were the F ing truth bombs? Is it that hard?

Simmer down you drunk. I'm playing pinball.

It's nothing about alien. Just a few jabs at a competitor.

#8239 2 years ago

Some people really nail it with their screen names...that's cool

#8240 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Simmer down you drunk. I'm playing pinball.
It's nothing about alien. Just a few jabs at a competitor.

If he said in there he wouldn't care if you said it here...why the secrecy?

#8241 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No secrecy.

It was about how he got involved with alien. He related that he is a contract employee and as such doesn't get paid until his work is complete. He was working on a competing pinball project that was supposed to be 10 months but when the project takes 26 months with no end in sight, he can't finish his work so he can get paid. He told his current contract he had to seek additional work (aliens) so he could pay the plumber. Poor deliberate planning or something to that effect.

#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I was there....not really a big deal...basically what skins said

Edit: can't remember exactly what he said....I've been drinking since 10 this morning, so a bit foggy...

#8243 2 years ago

I like to give a lot of people a lot of shit, but also like to give credit when do. Alien had the best presentation and gameplay of expo. Game had the most wow factor and looked like something i'd actually want/buy.

#8244 2 years ago

How in the hell did Stern get her likeness for Ghostbusters? You know they didn't shell out extra for her.

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

How in the hell did Stern get her likeness for Ghostbusters? You know they didn't shell out extra for her.

My guess different times, different contract stipulations.

#8246 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

My guess different times, different contract stipulations.

There was also a comment made at the show that potentially it was her Agent, and not even her, who gave the "no"...point being, I wouldn't take it as a definitive answer just yet, and certainly does not ruin the game, regardless.

MANY people were blown away with it, even in current state ( non tweaked, etc.)..lots of positive vibes around this game for a good reason. I was happy to put my hands on it and actually flip a bit. Became obvious early this one is going to be good.

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There was also a comment made at the show that potentially it was her Agent, and not even her, who gave the "no"...point being, I wouldn't take it as a definitive answer just yet, and certainly does not ruin the game, regardless.

Well Stern put the block on that one with an exclusive through the GB deal. Can't believe it actually happened with the chump change that they get on pinball.

So yes, Stern did it to F Heighway. Thought everybody knew that one.

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Simmer down you drunk.

And your point is? At least you F's are there and get to enjoy all those pins.

#8249 2 years ago

Has Heighway mentioned when shipping these games begins...? I showed my wife the video tonight and she told me "You should get this...!" - she loves the facehuggers on the slingshots.

I am going to be watching the Alien threads closely this long Expo weekend, but needless to say, I think we're going to dive in with Heighway and get a Standard for sure!!

#8250 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Has Heighway mentioned when shipping these games begins...? I showed my wife the video tonight and she told me "You should get this...!" - she loves the facehuggers on the slingshots.
I am going to be watching the Alien threads closely this long Expo weekend, but needless to say, I think we're going to dive in with Heighway and get a Standard for sure!!

Their Facebook page is saying there in production.
Is that a production game or a Proto game at expo?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24679 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside