• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 494.
#8151 2 years ago

Well. It's morning at expo, and I've had a chance to sleep on the events from yesterday.
The tour was exceptional. with Stern being gracious hosts
Batman looks fantastic, but I am a little concerned about gameplay.
Jack was his wonderful self, and wishing them
well, but the price point is scary.
Andrew and the Alien team, deserve a round of applause, for a really special game.
It held its owm, and everything about it screams, "play me!"

All games show an insane amount of passion and effort to bring these to market. I am so grateful we have these choices.

But outside of the game, I'd like to share a
Mountain of thanks, respect, and personal wishes to Andrew and his team.

I know we focus on the games and the purchase, but I am overwhelmed at all the people, the vendors, and us...our passion.
Truly amazing.

Give Andrew an " atta boy" gold star, for his tireless work yesterday.
I consider him, then the game the reveal of the show!

#8152 2 years ago

Alien looks amazing. On my wish list for sure.

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

I can't help but think everyone needs to take a step back and judge games when they are done.

LOL, great arguement for your first post.

But who are you arguing with, yourself?

#8154 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Are you afraid of spiders?

Maybe, Depends on what kind If a 2" Alien ran up to you on the street, would you be frightened? Maybe I am being a bit harsh in my criticism and I probably should reserve judgment before seeing better pics/video. The scale of the airlock toy next to that of the Alien head just makes it seem out of place to me.

#8155 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNemo:

Was at reveal last night after JJP3. Game was cool but people's expectations needs to come back to Earth. When I saw the promo video and the ball being grabbed, it was LOL funny, but not in a good way. Seriously, have people's expectations of a great pinball mech lowered this much? Between people already claiming a broken Alien pin as a WINNER and a working Lawlor pin is a LOSER I can't help but think everyone needs to take a step back and judge games when they are done. After seeing all 3 yesterday, easily I'd go Batman first, then Alien, then Lawlor. But nobody knows enough about any of these pins to declare them great. New to pinside. Heard I'll get flamed for this. Flame on.

I feel the complete opposite. My list is as follows from best to worst based off last nights expo.
1. Dialed in
2. Alien
3. Batman

#8156 2 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Maybe, Depends on what kind If a 2" Alien ran up to you on the street, would you be frightened? Maybe I am being a bit harsh in my criticism and I probably should reserve judgment before seeing better pics/video. The scale of the airlock toy next to that of the Alien head just makes it seem out of place to me.

It doesn't seem that way in person. Many pins have various scales in use on the same playfield.

#8157 2 years ago

Note to Heighway Pinball :

We have a situation here where Stern and JJP are making a significant CA$H GRAB with there S(tupid)LE's and C(razy Priced)LE's.

I am hoping you guys can stick to your guns regarding pricing and value and stay away from the nonsense that Stern and JJP are creating.

People should be lining up all day to order Alien over the other titles and kits of FTH should also sell well along with that.

Announce one more killer theme right away (that people know will be in kit form for under 5K) so that we (yes i ordered last night) can realize even more value in the future.

No super LE's! ever. It's BS and insulting.

How much would i pay for this game? A reasonable price and nothing more.

Promo video was awesome but way too bright. The playfield lighting, sounds and atomsphere will sell this game along with what already seems like a nice flowing layout.

P.S. Did i miss something or weren't you playing with the idea of a fog machine hookup etc.

Not bashing the other guys, it's just my angry opinion after a shocking expo reveal night.

#8158 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It doesn't seem that way in person. Many pins have various scales in use on the same playfield.

lol..that certainly is true. The White Russian could crush the Dude's car on my TBL. Point taken...i'll shut up now.

#8159 2 years ago

Quick question on the blade art. Can it be removed? I would assume so since all the other art is modular.

#8160 2 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

And another thing....If I could just offer a bit of constructive criticism, the rotating airlock/queen seems completely out of sorts in the game. Its scale is completely off next to the giant Alien head. Does it actually do anything but turn? In an earlier version of the game there was a 2nd (3rd?) lcd here. Aurich mentioned in an earlier post that it was abandoned because there was nothing meaningful to do with it. This Airlock toy seems to be suffering the same fate for me. Is the 2" tall queen supposed to evoke fear when revealed? Wouldn't the player have been better served by just showing a cutaway scene of the movie on the 27" monitor? Aurich is the person who got me jazzed up about the game and all of the suspenseful, foreboding atmosphere that Heighway was cooking up for the game. This toy robs it of much of that for me. Giant, ball eating Alien head: check. Creepy Alien egg pop bumper: check. 2" scale model queen: eh, not samuch. I am not a huge fan of the hairpin ramp and I could be wrong but I seem to recall Nordman's original design did not have this but instead a more flowy ramp. Makes me feel like that real estate was given up for this toy.

Agreed. The only real blemish in an otherwise excellent playfield.

It reminds me of the Joker coffee can in TDK.

#8161 2 years ago

This game is looking and sounding better and better.

I also don't like the plastic can - the game doesn't need it.

Maybe a sculpted tongue as well?

Playing this game in a dark room looks like it will be a lot of fun!

#8162 2 years ago

saw a video of it here. My reservations on this game are still very much there. The shots look limiting but overall it just seems like a budget title. With Dialed in being an absolute bomb, I'm happy that this game will get so much more exposure but can't say I'm feeling any hype around it like i should. PF looks segaish - there is nothing drawing in me, inserts look really limited to what you see elsewhere - again the whole thing just feels budget brand but unfortunately not being charged a budget price.

With a new WOZ and prem GB on the way I rather have it this way so I'm not pulled into buying more but man I wanted more out of my aliens. Of course, with not having played it I can't say for sure but first impressions do make a big diff. I was always on board with GB and after playing it, put the money down asap.

btw - really bad ball jam at the end. I'm sure that stuff will be fixed or polished.

#8163 2 years ago

anybody ordering the chrome? i am on the fence as the le gets the green trim, i think it looks nice. would like to see how the chrome on the alien le looks.

#8164 2 years ago

The air lock looks so cheesy and clunky, why would they put that there??? Reminds me of BTDK..ugh! Why not just make the Alien head larger and more interactive?

#8165 2 years ago

Anyone who played the game yesterday: Did it have Sigourney Weaver's voice in it at all? I'm worried she didn't allow her voice to be used for the game.

#8166 2 years ago

Sound effects are pretty damn good. Pin looks much better overall in these videos compared to static pictures as they provide a more accurate depiction of lighting under actual play conditions.

The PF layout also looks pretty darn cool. I hope there won't be too much stop and go though.

Too bad they had so many issues on day one. Given the JJP flop they could have made an even better impression if the pin was running smoothly.

Still, just based on theme alone, Alien blows Dialed In out of the water. BM66 is also another great theme for me, but Alien still takes the cake.

If I were to purchase a new pin in the next few months, I would probably go with BM66 Premium because it's a great theme, looks great, and Lyman is on code. Then, later down the road, I would go with Alien, allowing them time to work on code and fix any issues that are likely to arise with a new pin.

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

anybody ordering the chrome? i am on the fence as the le gets the green trim, i think it looks nice. would like to see how the chrome on the alien le looks.

I am, but I guess I won't know what it looks like until it gets here!

#8168 2 years ago

Pretty sure it's not real chrome. Website says "polished chrome effect". My guess is it's shiny powder coat. And $880 seems too high for me if it's not real chrome. Powder is cheap.

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

The air lock looks so cheesy and clunky, why would they put that there??? Reminds me of BTDK

I agree its more of a distraction than anything. I'm surprised they used that concept, given that it was not highly regarded in BDK and Stern removed it from BM66 likely for that reason. I think just some hive/ship components that added to the alien head may have been better added back there. Similar to how Smaug was setup on Hobbit.

#8170 2 years ago

i'm in the game is awesome

#8171 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sound effects are pretty damn good. Pin looks much better overall in these videos compared to static pictures as they provide a more accurate depiction of lighting under actual play conditions.
The PF layout also looks pretty darn cool. I hope there won't be too much stop and go though.
Too bad they had so many issues on day one. Given the JJP flop they could have made an even better impression if the pin was running smoothly.
Still, just based on theme alone, Alien blows Dialed In out of the water. BM66 is also another great theme for me, but Alien still takes the cake.
If I were to purchase a new pin in the next few months, I would probably go with BM66 Premium because it's a great theme, looks great, and Lyman is on code. Then, later down the road, I would go with Alien, allowing them time to work on code and fix any issues that are likely to arise with a new pin.

Stern have the ace in the hole - Lyman on the code. Boy, hope Stern give him a big bonus!

#8172 2 years ago

I also don't really get the air lock ... the original model / concept looked ok, if rather large ... but this is a big box of nothing, and considerably less pretty. In terms of layout / toys, that would be the one thing I'd remove immediately.

It's going to look particularly weak next to the Alien head if you have it custom painted and dolled up.

#8173 2 years ago

For me this is by far the best new game.
Theme: Batman 66 theme is a negative for me, dialed in theme does nothing, alien is a positive.
Price: bm and dialed are way out, aliens is doable.
Playfield: dialed is probably best, aliens has solid Nordman bones, bm is a total yawn.

#8174 2 years ago

I hate the Playfield art. I was thinking this game was going to be a complete bust. That promo video has completely changed my mind. I'm looking forward to playing one now, game looks fun-- I'm willing to overlook the clip-art, probably should've to begin with.

#8175 2 years ago

Its awesome that is all

20161013_210605 (resized).jpg

20161013_210556 (resized).jpg

20161013_210656 (resized).jpg

20161013_211019 (resized).jpg

20161013_211930 (resized).jpg

20161013_211043 (resized).jpg

20161013_210617 (resized).jpg

20161013_210626 (resized).jpg

#8176 2 years ago

Game looks pretty damn good. This is the right way to do it, I hope the other new companies learn something from heighway.

#8177 2 years ago

I played the game last night. Slept on it, and am really excited. It plays fast. There are several shots that feel smooth going around and down the ramps. A lot going on and to learn.

I did get a multi balls while playing, that was quite exciting. Not sure how I did it... lol

Looking forward to having one.

#8178 2 years ago

Looks just stunning to me. I hope the pop bumpers have a little more sound effects to them (maybe short bursts of the pulse rifle, alarms, etc).

I can't wait to play this! I've watched the promo video like 5 times now. I noticed at the beginning (I'm slow) of the promo...the player is selecting either Alien...or Aliens to start missions. Super cool to hear the sound effects for both.

#8182 2 years ago

Before ordering, maybe check this out. Can't post link...just put a h t t p s : and see for yourself.

//beta.companies.gov.uk/company/08087382/charges

#8183 2 years ago
Quoted from DialedOut:

Before ordering, maybe check this out. Can't post link...just put a h t t p s : and see for yourself.

another BRAND NEW pinsider! Welcome!

#8184 2 years ago

So what's going on with the new prices on the Heighway site?

#8185 2 years ago

wired my deposit. bank held it back. they wanted proof, a copy of invoice. for a lousy 4000. jeeze the banking rules in this country are pathethic!!! yet i can go to western union and wire thousands to mohammed in alleppo.

#8186 2 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

So what's going on with the new prices on the Heighway site?

They corrected them, they had the USD/GBP prices swapped, its as it should be now.

#8187 2 years ago
Quoted from DialedOut:

Stern or JJP employee? What's your best guess

#8188 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern or JJP employee? What's your best guess

Stern seems more likely due to the name being dialed out which looks like it takes a jab at dialed in.

#8189 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

They corrected them, they had the USD/GBP prices swapped, its as it should be now.

Has the kit price increased? Or does it include some upgrades now?

Alien Standard edition is now 5100 pounds and Alien kit price 3540 pound = 69,4% of Full pin instead of 60% that was mentioned (unofficialy) earlier this year

#8190 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Give Andrew an " atta boy" gold star, for his tireless work yesterday.
I consider him, then the game the reveal of the show!

I've always been impressed with Heighway's energy. It can't be easy flying from UK to Chicago, setting up, and then talking/standing for hours over several long days while battling jet lag. I love that kind of passion and dedication.

#8191 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Its awesome that is all

The details look great. The use of the LCD screens looks like a big step forward compared to Full Throttle. I really like the bezel. I really have something to look forward to

kit (resized).jpg

#8192 2 years ago

Looks like (USD) $4350 kit - $6450 std - $8150 35th

Same as it was, there was just a mixup last night while they were redoing the site where they had it listed at 7100usd and guys were wondering (but that was the value in GBP, and if you selected GBP it was 8150)

#8193 2 years ago

I hope better promotional material comes along for Alien soon! I feel like so far what I have seen is not showing it as well as it could.

#8194 2 years ago

Alien is looking pretty bad ass. Well done Heighway and all involved!

2 Concerns that will hold it back:
1. Code. Alien is going up against BM66 (Lyman) & Dialed In (Ted/Keith). Those are the best programmers in the industry. Those guys alone can take a crappy theme/layout (WOZ, TWD, etc...) and make gold! Can Alien compete with these programmers?

2. Design/Quality Issues. New company = a mountain of headache learning curves.

Get those things ironed out and Alien has the potential to blow away the competition.

#8195 2 years ago
Quoted from DialedOut:

That account barely lasted a day. Our moderators are getting really good.

#8196 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

2. Design/Quality Issues. New company = a mountain of headache learning curves.

My Full Throttle seems pretty solid build wise...I wouldn't worry

#8197 2 years ago

Sweet Lordy
I do hope you can adjust the brightness on that backboard strip.

#8198 2 years ago

That's a money shot if there ever was one.

#8199 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's a money shot if there ever was one.

I'm speechless. I'm going to have to have that lit up side art as well it looked great.

#8200 2 years ago

Any plans to do a stream with Dead Flip?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside