pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 601.
#8101 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, Alien compared to Dialed in!
There is no comparison. One is an epic fail.
If my LE just went down to $7100 then thats great
Heighway just blew away JJP and Lawlor.
Still LOVE my BM66LE

Got more news for you, alien also blows away batman .....

#8102 7 years ago

WoW!!!!!

Now THAT'S how you do a reveal video!

#8103 7 years ago

The consensus among a couple of people i respect, keeping in mind the freshness factor, is that it flows well and the shots feel good. The machine is in prototype stage ( i believe) and things weren't working 100%. Sounds and callouts should be top notch. Playfield lighting looks great in dark room.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8104 7 years ago

Congrats on a big win. The game looks great and love the video.

Suggestion for mods start here:

Translucent green or opaque black flippers and dark rubber all around.

#8105 7 years ago

Steve Bowden's stream at the reveal party with dark lighting really gave the right feel for the game. I've got no horse in the Stern, JJP, Heighway, AP race but knowing how well a "dialed in" Full Throttle plays, there's no reason to believe that Alien won't be one of the more desirable games for the next few years. With their price points and game swap options, I'm not sure how Heighway doesn't stand to take a good chunk of change from the top 2 manufacturers' businesses.

#8106 7 years ago

Great promo vid, really makes it look great! They updated the LE feature list too shaker and EL blades included!

2nd "Translucent green or opaque black flippers and dark rubber all around."

Also just curious on the EL blades if there are different colours, maybe green instead of blue?

Looking really cool though..

#8107 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Translucent green or opaque black flippers and dark rubber all around

Plus decals to cover the white spots under the flippers.

#8108 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Plus decals to cover the white spots under the flippers.

Just paint/powder coat the flipper brackets.

#8109 7 years ago

that is fucking awesome. a serious & classy looking sci-fi game and my favorite sci fi movie of all time to boot. also didnt hear any goofy attempts at humor but obviously havent heard the entire audio package. anyone want to buy my afm?

#8110 7 years ago

I just got back from the Twin Peaks Alien rollout and the pin is outstanding! Getting a chance to shoot this pin was amazing, even it its unfinished state. This is going to be a huge success for Heighway!

#8111 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

The consensus among a couple of people i respect, keeping in mind the freshness factor, is that it flows well and the shots feel good. The machine is in prototype stage ( i believe) and things weren't working 100%. Sounds and callouts should be top notch. Playfield lighting looks great in dark room.

Correct...machine was buggy, and still has wreaking to do, but MAN!!!...love this game...it really has a personality and "feel" of its own...very solid ...lots of meaningful, tough ass shots...ALL 4 flippers have purpose.....

I could leave the show tomorrow....BM66LE....IN....ALIENLE.....IN......DIALED IN.....out

#8112 7 years ago

Plays fantastic, even as proto stage!

#8113 7 years ago

So Alien is around $8000 and Dialed in is around $12,500?

Uh, ok.

#8114 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

So Alien is around $8000 and Dialed in is around $12,500?
Uh, ok.

No... 9k.

#8115 7 years ago

Oh good, I can kick in a little more and buy a full throttle kit or a couple really nice classics with the change.

Guess I will keep an open mind but I might could swing a Alien.

#8116 7 years ago

Good to meet people tonight at the party. Sorry we couldn't have the games running properly, how it goes with prototypes in the wild, it will all get fixed and smoothed over. Feedback from everyone I talked to was great, thanks everyone for the kind words.

#8117 7 years ago

Looks freaking awesome! I'm also onboard with darker rubbers, but I can change that out myself, no biggie. Looks like it plays awesome, and the whole package totally fulfills the dream-theme for me. I was in on LE #74 months and months ago, and I'm still 100% in. Can't wait to get this in my house!

#8118 7 years ago

Looks great, except one thing was a total anticlimax for me.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/home/

At 01.08 in the video, when the magnet caught the ball in front of the alien, i was like...yeah this is it, one of the main toys!!
And then the mouth opens...and a small metal stick comes out, pokes the ball a little and drags it in.....

Will there be some mold around the stick to make it look more like the real alien inner mouth?

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg

#8119 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Looks great, except one thing was a total anticlimax for me.
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/home/
At 01.08 in the video, when the magnet caught the ball in front of the alien, i was like...yeah this is it, one of the main toys!!
And then the mouth opens...and a small metal stick comes out, pokes the ball a little and drags it in.....
Will there be some mold around the stick to make it look more like the real alien inner mouth?

Keep in mind that toy is near the back of the playfield...when you're playing, you're not going to have the "cinematic view" that you see in the video. From the players point of view, it's going to look fine...you won't even see the front of the "tongue" as the ball will be in front of it.

#8120 7 years ago

I felt the same way...the strangest thing came to my mind when that stick shot out...the rip cord on my he-man road ripper

ripcord (resized).JPGripcord (resized).JPG

#8121 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

That's just Heighway keeping the Pinside mod creators in business.

#8122 7 years ago

nice to see a company do a decent promo video

#8123 7 years ago

Looks like no human characters from the films made animations/clips on screen.

#8124 7 years ago

There are TONS of human actors from the films in the video clips in the game.

#8125 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the launch party tonight, great to see so many people enjoying the game! Hopefully the scoop eject can get fixed so people can try out some modes... So much in the game that people didn't get to see tonight.

#8126 7 years ago

Feret, great news re humans in clips.

#8127 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Really? I thought it was pretty damn impressive. When I showed people the video and they saw the thing eat the ball, they all said "wow!"

As Rare says, when you're playing it, it'll look pretty darn awesome IMO.

I think the whole thing looks good. Very promising.

All those people who criticised the unpopulated playfield art now can see what it looks like when it all comes together ... and it looks pretty darn good. Hopefully some apologies are forthcoming.

rd

#8128 7 years ago

Is Sigourney's voice in the game? I didn't hear it in the promo video.

#8129 7 years ago

Alien toy grabbing the ball was very cool. I was waiting for that moment and definitely grinned when it finally happened

#8130 7 years ago

Screw putting this on location, straight to the basement!

#8131 7 years ago

I'm sure this is posted here somewhere, but can't seem to find it. How much is the playfield only kit for FT owners?

#8132 7 years ago

Looks amazing...the opening MUTHUR bits gave me the chills!

I'd still like to see a black nickel trim option though, otherwise everything is pure excitement.

#8133 7 years ago

I loved the flow and with execution of the theme, especially with David's sound package. Yes it was a big buggy and some tech issues but that will be smoothed out. The game felt like Aliens and I Am happy happy to be on an Alien LE. Great job team Heighway!!!

#8134 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm sure this is posted here somewhere, but can't seem to find it. How much is the playfield only kit for FT owners?

$4350 according to the site

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product/alien-pinball-game-kit/

#8135 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I could leave the show tomorrow....BM66LE....IN....ALIENLE.....IN......DIALED IN.....out

Check, check and check.

As my wife was reluctantly watching the JJP reveal, I can't even remember the name of the pin, great marketing, she said aren't you glad you weren't able to go. Looks disappointing!

Well, I wish i could have been there because Batman66 and Alien have me thrilled and excited!

I know the game play was limited on Alien but it looks very promising.

#8136 7 years ago

So, what happened at the reveal? Were the games completely DOA? I was expecting some actually meaningful video or at least some decent pics of the game from the event. Is Heighway still under the thumb of Fox and unable to release anything more than what we have seen? Heighway is knocking on the door for payment. I need to see more than a flyer and a marketing video. When will we see some actual straight-up, gameplay video with no added marketing hype or cutaways to movie scenes or 15 cuts a second to cray cutaway shots of the "balls eye view"?

#8137 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep in mind that toy is near the back of the playfield...when you're playing, you're not going to have the "cinematic view" that you see in the video. From the players point of view, it's going to look fine...you won't even see the front of the "tongue" as the ball will be in front of it.

No offence RH but the details matter, especially on a main focal point. Sure would look better.

#8138 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

So, what happened at the reveal? Were the games completely DOA? I was expecting some actually meaningful video or at least some decent pics of the game from the event. Is Heighway still under the thumb of Fox and unable to release anything more than what we have seen? Heighway is knocking on the door for payment. I need to see more than a flyer and a marketing video. When will we see some actual straight-up, gameplay video with no added marketing hype or cutaways to movie scenes or 15 cuts a second to cray cutaway shots of the "balls eye view"?

#8139 7 years ago

Totally agree Jazzmaster. Need some real gameplay video.

And a real no BS timeline. I'm ready with $$$ but when you say you are ready for production and you can't get your games to play functionally at the show, it needs a little more light shed on it.

Give us more clarity please, especially for those of us that weren't there.

#8140 7 years ago

Agreed. We also need a game play video with the headsets unplugged! I'm sure the experience in person was great wearing those headsets, but it's killing it for the masses on the internet trying to gather information on this pin. We need to See it & Hear it!

#8141 7 years ago

And another thing....If I could just offer a bit of constructive criticism, the rotating airlock/queen seems completely out of sorts in the game. Its scale is completely off next to the giant Alien head. Does it actually do anything but turn? In an earlier version of the game there was a 2nd (3rd?) lcd here. Aurich mentioned in an earlier post that it was abandoned because there was nothing meaningful to do with it. This Airlock toy seems to be suffering the same fate for me. Is the 2" tall queen supposed to evoke fear when revealed? Wouldn't the player have been better served by just showing a cutaway scene of the movie on the 27" monitor? Aurich is the person who got me jazzed up about the game and all of the suspenseful, foreboding atmosphere that Heighway was cooking up for the game. This toy robs it of much of that for me. Giant, ball eating Alien head: check. Creepy Alien egg pop bumper: check. 2" scale model queen: eh, not samuch. I am not a huge fan of the hairpin ramp and I could be wrong but I seem to recall Nordman's original design did not have this but instead a more flowy ramp. Makes me feel like that real estate was given up for this toy.

#8142 7 years ago

Is Alien $6500 for standard?

#8143 7 years ago

Was there a choice between which movies you can play? I noticed Bishop in the game over screen.

#8144 7 years ago

Sorry the photos aren't very good but maybe better than nothing?

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0527 (resized).JPGIMG_0527 (resized).JPG

#8145 7 years ago

A few more...

IMG_0528 (resized).JPGIMG_0528 (resized).JPG

IMG_0530 (resized).JPGIMG_0530 (resized).JPG

IMG_0529 (resized).JPGIMG_0529 (resized).JPG

IMG_0531 (resized).JPGIMG_0531 (resized).JPG

IMG_0533 (resized).JPGIMG_0533 (resized).JPG

IMG_0532 (resized).JPGIMG_0532 (resized).JPG

IMG_0534 (resized).JPGIMG_0534 (resized).JPG

IMG_0535 (resized).JPGIMG_0535 (resized).JPG

#8146 7 years ago

Sweet. So sweet. Can't wait to play.

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.

#8147 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

we have a winner.

+1. Love the theme, love the layout. Promo vid looks great. Can't wait to play one.

#8148 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

2" scale model queen: eh, not samuch.

Are you afraid of spiders? I mean I guess you could take the Alien Queen out of the rotating air lock and put a really menacing plastic spider in there. Would that do it for you? Seems like that would ruin the theme a bit huh? Seems like your going to miss out on a doozey of a pin. Hahhh! I'm just giving you the business - no worries, but it can't be all things to all people I guess, right?

#8149 7 years ago

Was at reveal last night after JJP3. Game was cool but people's expectations needs to come back to Earth. When I saw the promo video and the ball being grabbed, it was LOL funny, but not in a good way. Seriously, have people's expectations of a great pinball mech lowered this much? Between people already claiming a broken Alien pin as a WINNER and a working Lawlor pin is a LOSER I can't help but think everyone needs to take a step back and judge games when they are done. After seeing all 3 yesterday, easily I'd go Batman first, then Alien, then Lawlor. But nobody knows enough about any of these pins to declare them great. New to pinside. Heard I'll get flamed for this. Flame on.

#8150 7 years ago

suuuuuure you are. block

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.