pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 601.
#7951 7 years ago

Man...There are some things to critique...but the plunger??

New plunger design in the works!

IMG_8755 (resized).JPGIMG_8755 (resized).JPG

#7952 7 years ago

I like skill shots on the plunge - Hobbit, TRON, etc etc. But I have no issues with games that don't have a plunger. MB is my fav that doesn't. If that is the design - that's the design.

#7953 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

As far as I know the ball will never plunge to the pop bumpers but always to the right flipper
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/159#post-3388899

Ok, then there certainly would be no need for a manual plunger then, cool.

#7954 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'm not saying it's a deal breaker for a machine, but yes, I prefer a manual plunger over the auto ball launch. It's one of the tactile elements of pinball that is part of the whole experience for me. Just my own opinion, and plenty will disagree. As I said, I'm excited about the potential of this machine and I may be buying one.

I do too, but how else am I going to drop a bomb on those Alien's(think MB, AFM)!? I can't "nuke em" with a plunger, can I?

#7955 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I like skill shots on the plunge - Hobbit, TRON, etc etc. But I have no issues with games that don't have a plunger. MB is my fav that doesn't. If that is the design - that's the design.

Exactly! Monster Bash & AFM use "bomb's". Full Throttle uses the "launch button" for the skill shot & when to use your multipliers. Removing those features from FT & installing a plunger, would impact the game play negatively.
I'll bet in Alien/s you'll use the "launch button" for a bomb. Even better, a Nuke!

#7956 7 years ago

Screenshot_2016-10-10-15-37-56 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-10-10-15-37-56 (resized).png

#7957 7 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

How dare they remove the manual plunger!

Nobody considers those to be real pinball machines?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7958 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I'll bet in Alien/s you'll use the "launch button" for a bomb. Even better, a Nuke!

Actually, for a pistol, a shotgun, a smart gun, a pulse rifle, or a flamethrower. Each must be earned and each one does something different. Use them wisely. Or save them up to increase the value of wizard modes.

#7959 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actually, for a pistol, a shotgun, a smart gun, a pulse rifle, or a flamethrower. Each must be earned and each one does something different. Use them wisely. Or save them up to increase the value of wizard modes.

Nailed it!!!!

#7960 7 years ago

Ferret = Game programmer, so you can take anything he's saying as gospel.

And yes, the launch button is used during gameplay much like troll bombs in MM, or items in MB, but with a greater variety of strategic options. This is one of the reasons an LCD display really improves the gameplay, the main dashboard on the screen tracks which weapons you've collected, which one is currently active, and has a summary of the effect on the rules you'll get when you fire it with the launch button so you don't have to remember that the pulse rifle gives you 2x scoring for 10 seconds or whatever.

#7961 7 years ago

Doctor Who doesn't have a traditional plunger, skill shot is from the right flipper after the ball drops, it's never bothered me at all.

#7962 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Love it!!!

#7963 7 years ago

Looks cool! I won't be at expo, but hopefully I'll make it to FPF and see it in person. Congrats Aurich, Brian, Andrew and the rest of the Heighway team!

#7964 7 years ago

Our cabinet system has been designed to accomodate different variations in the future. You will notice that the flipper buttons and the start/launch buttons all sit on plates.

These plates are removeable and swappable.

In the future, our system can allow multiple flipper buttons on either side of the cabinet, if needed, as well as a shooter...

If the game designer wants a shooter in the future - they shall have a shooter

#7965 7 years ago

It's gotta be beyond frustrating answer the same questions over and over again. It's a shame people are too lazy to read...

#7966 7 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The left 'Revive' feature comes into play when physical balls are locked in the Hypersleep Chamber (left ramp). If you have a ball locked and a ball drains on the left side, 1 of the locked balls will be released into play - you are revived. You then have to lock that ball again.

Quick question...
If I was player one and had a locked ball in the Hypersleep Chamber on the left side and drained my ball to the right to lose my turn, could player two be able to utilize/steal/be revived by using the Hypersleep Chamber that I primed with a locked ball earlier? (Could it be turned off during tournament play?) Kinda like Space Shuttle with the multi-ball setup between other players that drain and are not able to seize the multi ball during their turn.

#7967 7 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

No its not. It's made in Britain. We're not in the euro gang anymore

I know that's why I did not say EU but Europe ☺️
I have to buy before the trade agreement ends.

#7968 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Doctor Who doesn't have a traditional plunger, skill shot is from the right flipper after the ball drops, it's never bothered me at all.

Not only doesn't it have a traditional plunger, but it doesn't have a skill shot either

#7969 7 years ago

Of all the NEW manufacturers I am so excited for Heighway as not only is Andrew very accessible via his responses, but we are constantly updated of progress and possibilities by people associated with him. AWESOME.
Really want to see more of this in Australia, any one in Perth got one?

#7970 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our cabinet system has been designed to accomodate different variations in the future. You will notice that the flipper buttons and the start/launch buttons all sit on plates.
These plates are removeable and swappable.
In the future, our system can allow multiple flipper buttons on either side of the cabinet, if needed, as well as a shooter...
If the game designer wants a shooter in the future - they shall have a shooter

Holy hell... How has nobody picked up on this?! This may be the most revolutionary part of the whole design! I had my eye on a WOZ until this thread exploded... Can't wait to see the video!

#7971 7 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Not only doesn't it have a traditional plunger, but it doesn't have a skill shot either

you apparently cant or wont read.

Quoted from Ferret:

There are 7 distinct skill shots that can be made from the right flipper. You don't have to select in advance, but the timer is short so you only have one chance to make the shot. Each shot awards some number of points (depending on the relative difficulty of the shot) as well as an associated award or power-up. (e.g. shooting the left orbit increases spinner value for the rest of the ball... shooting a weapon target instantly awards a weapon)
Additionally, making three different skill shots over the course of a game gives a large Super Skill point bonus.

#7972 7 years ago

I can't wait to see a video of this pin's gameplay. I like what Heighway Pinball is doing and I LOVE their second choice in taking on the responsibility of making a pin on a Hollywood SciFi/Horror classic knowing there's going to be a HUGE fanbase watching over this like a hawk. I put a down deposit on a LE version because I think this pin is going to rock. I'm going to put this puppy next to my other brand new company widebody pin (WOZ).

That being said, Kudos to pin developers for having the thick skin to listen to the gripes, complaints and questions regarding in the making of the pins (Gary, Jack, Spooky, Andrew). I totally respect the way Andy comes on once in awhile and address some issues, even though they may not be to his liking. and calms the natives down. Not saying I like all of their choices, but at least they're out there making them. I wonder if Andrew's blood is made up of acid.

#7973 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy hell... How has nobody picked up on this?! This may be the most revolutionary part of the whole design! I had my eye on a WOZ until this thread exploded... Can't wait to see the video!

I agree that its quite revolutionary. To my knowledge, the Multimorphic P3 has been doing this for a couple of years. There are a few aspects of the Heighway system that are strikingly similar.

Its definitely the way to go.

#7974 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a question to current pre-order customers.

At the weekend, Aimee sent an email with payment details for the next installment.

Over the weekend her email was hacked and an additional email was sent to at least one customer with bank details supposedly from us. These bank details are incorrect and somebody is trying to get our customers to make payments to a fraudulent account.

If you received an email with all payment details in the body of the email, and the Alien Pinball game flyer as an attachment - then this is correct.

If you then received a subsequent email with bank details as an attachment - then this was fraud.

We are emailing all of our customers about this tonight. However, if you received such an email, could you please either PM me here, or email me at [email protected] please?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

#7975 7 years ago

Did Stern hack Heighway's email?

#7976 7 years ago

Likely just a spoof... you can make an email look like it originated from a 'from:' address trivially. If it actually originated from their mailserver.. then you need worry about being compromised.

This would be a phishing scam... and the sad thing about it, it probably originated inside the pinball community

#7977 7 years ago

Thats just sad. I hope nobody got sucked into that. I will never understand what the hell makes these people feel so entitled that they are fine blatantly trying ripping off others like this.

#7978 7 years ago

New to this huge thread so forgive me if its been covered. Can you purchase these as a bundle yet? One full machine and just the pf swap kit? If not yet.... are they coming in the future and at what cost?

#7979 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

New to this huge thread so forgive me if its been covered. Can you purchase these as a bundle yet? One full machine and just the pf swap kit? If not yet.... are they coming in the future and at what cost?

I think there are some people that have already done that with Full Throttle and an Alien kit on order. I'm not sure it was a bundle, but there are those that were certainly purchased at the same time.

BTW - You need to get one of these so you can put together some killer mods for us.

#7980 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Likely just a spoof... you can make an email look like it originated from a 'from:' address trivially. If it actually originated from their mailserver.. then you need worry about being compromised.
This would be a phishing scam... and the sad thing about it, it probably originated inside the pinball community

Now we know why KISS code has not been updated!

#7981 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Time to get SPF and DKIM setup.

#7982 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
I have a question to current pre-order customers.
At the weekend, Aimee sent an email with payment details for the next installment.
Over the weekend her email was hacked and an additional email was sent to at least one customer with bank details supposedly from us. These bank details are incorrect and somebody is trying to get our customers to make payments to a fraudulent account.
If you received an email with all payment details in the body of the email, and the Alien Pinball game flyer as an attachment - then this is correct.
If you then received a subsequent email with bank details as an attachment - then this was fraud.
We are emailing all of our customers about this tonight. However, if you received such an email, could you please either PM me here, or email me at [email protected] please?
Thanks in advance.
Andrew

Andrew, In case you see this first:

see the email that I cc'd you into and whatsapp message.

In the warning email about this you just badly further breached your own and your customers' security. You need to get on top of this ASAP. I suspect it's this kind of laxity that led to the 'hack' in the first place, if it was that.

To others receiving Heighway emails atm, I suggest you be VERY careful.

#7983 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question...
If I was player one and had a locked ball in the Hypersleep Chamber on the left side and drained my ball to the right to lose my turn, could player two be able to utilize/steal/be revived by using the Hypersleep Chamber that I primed with a locked ball earlier? (Could it be turned off during tournament play?) Kinda like Space Shuttle with the multi-ball setup between other players that drain and are not able to seize the multi ball during their turn.

First, the game supports virtual locking - so you can disable the physical ball lock if you want.

In any case, ball locks are counted per player, regardless of the number of physical balls in the lock. No lock stealing on this game.

If you had locked balls previously, but they were released by another player, Revive is still available to you, and it will add a ball back into the play from the trough, like a normal ball saver.

#7984 7 years ago

So this is the green 35th Anniversary Edition look?? ... It seems like they took the same photo from the flyer and made those parts green in photoshop. Hm, I don't like it. It's from their store.

alien2 (resized).pngalien2 (resized).png

#7985 7 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

So this is the green 35th Anniversary Edition look?? ... It seems like they took the same photo from the flyer and made those parts green in photoshop. Hm, I don't like it. It's from their store.

Looks like a render. I like the green. Looks no different to the powder jobs many other pinheads do on their games. I like that the coin door is still black.

#7986 7 years ago

I love the green. I would even like it as a bright in your face lime green. The more obnoxious the better!

Now will the LE art look good with it?

Seeing this image on the Heighway site on the LE details order page, it would appear the LE indeed includes the 27" LCD and lit side blades. Too good to be true? Click on put in basket and lock in with deposit.

Seems like a great price with the new bling... until they're gone.

#7987 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

you apparently cant or wont read.

You should take your own advice.

And then maybe remove your downvote?

2016-10-12_14h21_00 (resized).jpg2016-10-12_14h21_00 (resized).jpg

#7988 7 years ago

You should take your own advice.

And then maybe remove your downvote?

Hmmm..... a one day member.... Kaneda, is that you?

#7989 7 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

No its not. It's made in Britain. We're not in the euro gang anymore

Making it even more cheaper for all of us

#7990 7 years ago

I received an email from Aimee two days ago that said:

"The extra items as standard with an LE are shaker, beacon topper and fibre optic ramps."

Everything else is an add-on.

#7991 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Hmmm..... a one day member.... Kaneda, is that you?

The answer is... 42

#7992 7 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

received an email from Aimee two days ago that said:
"The extra items as standard with an LE are shaker, beacon topper and fibre optic ramps."
Everything else is an add-on.

This is what mine said

"Below is a list of upgrade options. Optional extras can be purchased up to one week prior to shipping of your game, and can be purchased online from 9.15pm on Thursday 13th October 2016 (prices will be listed on our website)"

I think either a replacement of the green trim to black or chrome should be part of the LE. I would rather have the standard trim and a discount than the green. I need to see this blade lighting and I wish the non-reflective glass was part of the LE as well, I don't think I've seen the non-reflective glass in person, unless all JJP games come with that standard, is that really worth it? might be with the large screen.

#7993 7 years ago

I thought the non-reflective glass was included with the LE? I need to check my email again...

My only concern as far as my preorder goes at the moment is in terms of the LE's features, meaning are they really worth jumping in now vs. somewhere down the line. I hope after the reveal we truly have a picture of both the standard and LEs, artwork, features, everything. This is the type of clarity we need at this point to be able to make a choice as a consumer.

#7994 7 years ago

Less than 48hrs now.

#7995 7 years ago

You should take your own advice

My bad. Forgivness please.

-Jeff

#7996 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This is what mine said
"Below is a list of upgrade options. Optional extras can be purchased up to one week prior to shipping of your game, and can be purchased online from 9.15pm on Thursday 13th October 2016 (prices will be listed on our website)"
I think either a replacement of the green trim to black or chrome should be part of the LE. I would rather have the standard trim and a discount than the green. I need to see this blade lighting and I wish the non-reflective glass was part of the LE as well, I don't think I've seen the non-reflective glass in person, unless all JJP games come with that standard, is that really worth it? might be with the large screen.

Agree, and non reflective glass IS worth it....rooting heavily for PDI (don't believe it is included in LE base price, however).

#7997 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

rooting heavily for PDI

thumbsup (resized).jpgthumbsup (resized).jpg

#7998 7 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I saw that too... Based on these images I don't like it either.
- The black cabinet looks better to me.
- Would probably also prefer the one with Aurich' backglass and a smaller second LCD (or no LCD at all in the cabinet).

#7999 7 years ago

How about standard trim with free non reflective glass for LE orders if they should choose? I would, I'm fine with the standard trim.

#8000 7 years ago

anyone preorder with cointaker yet? i think they will take a credit card for a deposit but not sure. If you have do you have any timeline expectations?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.