pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 601.
#751 9 years ago

Do we have a whitewood flipping yet?

#752 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

That sure sounds like one side of the story.

Only side I've heard! I'd love for it to not be true, because it made Stern sound very petty.

#753 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Do we have a whitewood flipping yet?

Andrew is pretty straightforward w answers, and responded to this when I pm'd him last week (all good in my take). I would prefer he answers directly, as I am only vested in a preorder, and don't want things taken out of context. He's pretty easy to reach.....

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

That sure sounds like one side of the story.

Again....defer to above comment...he's appeared to be very "matter of fact" in his timely responses..(and you are probably right Keefer)

#754 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

A quick update for you - Alien whitewood guides arrived late Friday afternoon.

We are just wiring it up now and expect to be flipping this afternoon, or the morning.

Will give you more updates as soon as we are flipping

#755 9 years ago

This is looking real impressive. Glad Heighway pinball has the process of developing and producing machines figured out. Good luck on this one and all future titles

#756 9 years ago

Great news Andrew. Thanks for the update.

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are just wiring it up now and expect to be flipping this afternoon, or the morning.

Early morning Thursday in Wales now, I wonder if there will be any news about the whitewood today? Also, Andrew said the "guides" arrived, do they have the wireforms and ramps yet?

#761 9 years ago

With two new alien films in the works, alien/s pinball is even all that more exciting

#762 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Ball guides installed - electronics hooked up ... game flipping at 17.00 today, UK time

We took some video and will edit it in the morning and then post it here later in the day Friday.

It will be very basic footage of course, but you can get an idea of how some of the shots play out.

Already though, there are some really fun shots

#763 9 years ago

Hi everyone,
Ball guides installed - electronics hooked up ... game flipping at 17.00 today, UK time
We took some video and will edit it in the morning and then post it here later in the day Friday.
It will be very basic footage of course, but you can get an idea of how some of the shots play out.

I like the sound of that Andrew!

#764 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thats really great.

#765 9 years ago

#766 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Yes!!!...thank you for update.....

#767 9 years ago

Excited to hopefully see a flipping white wood video today!

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Excited to hopefully see a flipping white wood video today!

As am I

#770 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

yes

#771 9 years ago

...game flipping at 17.00 today...

hmmm... seems Andrew is playing with our nerves !?
because 17 is already an easter egg before we got the pin

http://goo.gl/dmiAC

#772 9 years ago

Is it Friday yet!

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:We took some video and will edit it in the morning and then post it here later in the day Friday.

I'm pretty sure its Friday over there right now...

#774 9 years ago

Andrew cant wait to see the update brosky

#775 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Here is the very first test of the first Alien Pinball whitewood - as promised.

This whitewood is used primarily for testing shots.

Lessons learnt from this playfield will be applied to the second whitewood - which will represent a much more advanced layout of the game.

When watching this video, please factor in the following:

* There are no rules programmed into this version
* The playfield LCD is not present on this version
* Some shots do not exist on this version yet
* There are no toys present yet
* There are no ramps on this version. The only ramp present is to help keep the ball in play while testing
* Mechanisms are not properly adjusted at this point, so some mechanisms may appear to be too weak or too strong

#776 9 years ago

I like it already!!

#777 9 years ago

I like what I see so far!

#778 9 years ago

That would make a cool novelty game. Just selling a flipping white wood like that.

#779 9 years ago

Thank you Andrew!!! already looks cool........Alien!!!!

#780 9 years ago

Very good! This is currently a distant number 1 as my next purchase at this point. Keep it coming.

#781 9 years ago

Wow. I never would have thought a basic white wood would look anywhere near half decent. Very cool.

Where on your schedule are you? In light of the fact that Full Throttle will have barely been released by April, I have to think everything is pushed back. That is ok, no one believed April when you said it (except Dennis apparently ) but if things are pushed back you might as well make it known now before people start asking.

From a business standpoint, Full Throttle obviously needs some time to be available and be for sale before title 2 comes out, so I'm curious how it will all play out.

#782 9 years ago

Interesting point, frolic. I think the idea was a new game every 3-4 months and Full Throttle is 3 months behind the October, 2014 schedule. Still ok, going by pinball standards but no way are we seeing Alien in April, like you said.

June, perhaps (I am fine with that)

It will be much easier to set ca date for release when final whitewood have been approved. A lot of things can still happen.

But it is still nice to see great progress being made by Heighway every week and I have high hopes for them.

#783 9 years ago

I think the key is the Full Throttles need to roll out and the people who receive them must be happy with them (no major problems). Once that happens, then Heighway has shown they are a "real" pinball manufacturer and not playing make believe, and that will make whatever delay with Alien that much easier for everyone.

#784 9 years ago

I'm fine with Xmas 2015, just take your time and make it great. If I can get this with in a year of my pre-order then I will be very happy, looks great.

#785 9 years ago

That's pretty cool. I think I'm going to love this layout!

#786 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm fine with Xmas 2015, just take your time and make it great. If I can get this with in a year of my pre-order then I will be very happy, looks great.

Ditto!!!....never even remotely thought April, just way happy w communication/ theme/ overall process thus far. Take your time and make it awesome!!!! I'm just glad to be in on this.....thank you Andrew and Team......mark

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's pretty cool. I think I'm going to love this layout!

And ditto again!!!

#788 9 years ago

Awesome, love seeing the flipping whitewood. Obviously still early, but that's okay, it's cool to see the early stages. Looking forward to seeing the second one too, and very much to the art when you have approval to show it.

#789 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm just excited that Andrew did what he said he was going to do!

That feels like a major victory in and of itself given some of the other projects out there

#790 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, I'm just excited that Andrew did what he said he was going to do!
That feels like a major victory in and of itself given some of the other projects out there

Haha, no shit, we're so easy to please now. Just say you'll do something, and then actually do it, and we're blown away!

Notice there's no "we can't show you the whitewood because we're too busy filing 37 patents for our game" or any other nonsense. Yes, I want to see the art. But the important thing is first, a ball being flipped around!

#791 9 years ago

Definitely has a speed and flow look to it ( I know it's early, but still cool)...

#792 9 years ago

I don't know, the playfield looks a little bare, the art needs some work and the sling shots seem weak.

This is Pinside, someone had to say it.

#793 9 years ago

Color me intrigued!

#794 9 years ago

Looks like a neat layout. Extremely interested!

#795 9 years ago

I was kind of unsure, then I realized, there are ramps missing, no cutouts, no lcd, no toys, no art and now I feel pretty damned good about this. I was kind of unsure about the shot map, but it definitely seems pretty cool once you see it in action (sort of, rules will change things a bit). My main concern is going to be how shots tie to together.

#796 9 years ago

Interesting and different layout. Really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together and playing it when it comes out.

#797 9 years ago

Well, I said it watching Andrew at Expo give his interview and I thought he had his shit together.

So, naturally, being the start up pinball supporter that I am, AND the fact that the Alien theme is awesome, I dropped into it with a deposit.

I always knew I was gonna get a Woz one day, 4 yrs later, I suspect Andrew is of the best of the best top notch caliber as well.

Hey, it's pinball, and I love it, and I like to support groups like this!

#798 9 years ago

4 months ago Andrew said "The whitewood will be built within the next 2-3 weeks, and then testing will begin."

I'd say the game gets released around Labor Day..

#799 9 years ago

So add the ramps and toys, then we will be impressed.

It's cool to see, but it's way early to pass any judgment besides it has tremendous potential.

#800 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So add the ramps and toys, then we will be impressed.
It's cool to see, but it's way early to pass any judgment besides it has tremendous potential.

As we know Hank, Andrew over Jpop right now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.