pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 601.
#7851 7 years ago

That has to be the coolest toy in the game! Can't wait to see it work.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great, also will all pins have this same level of detail in the xenomorph head (or was this just a preliminary one)?

#7852 7 years ago

Here is a stupid question.
With that side art being lit, from inside, is this art work panel held in securely? Could some one kick out, or pry out that panel to access the coin box area?

Using the side of the cabinet for lit artwork is really cool, BTW.

#7853 7 years ago

This thread is over 7800 posts...

Alien_Brigade_Atari_7800__00234.1434829774.1280.1280 (resized).jpgAlien_Brigade_Atari_7800__00234.1434829774.1280.1280 (resized).jpg

#7854 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Here is a stupid question.
With that side art being lit, from inside, is this art work panel held in securely? Could some one kick out, or pry out that panel to access the coin box area?
Using the side of the cabinet for lit artwork is really cool, BTW.

There is a whole 2nd layer of cabinet behind the lit art. no way to kick it out.

#7855 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There's a solid ply on the inside of the cabinet, then the plexiglass is sandwiched between it and the outer window. I suspect if the window was larger, the plexi could be removed easily by a vandal, plus the lights need to go somewhere.

Dunno, overall in my lineup of pins, there is only 1 cabinet side that anyone notices, and it is Full Throttle. So it is effective.

frolic-mirror-blades (resized).jpgfrolic-mirror-blades (resized).jpg

#7856 7 years ago

Thanks Whysnow, and Frolic. Never have seen one opened up.

#7857 7 years ago

Sorry if I missed this, but will the LE artwork be revealed at Expo?

#7858 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Alien looks jam packed with shots and features.

It sure does. Looks like there is a lot going on.

Artwork still doesn't work for me personally. Still seems dark and just doesn't jump out as being particularly noteworthy. It just kind of disappears. Also, I get that the black cabinet fits the space theme, but it seems rather boring. Is this cabinet for a regular version or LE?

Then again, it is hard to tell a lot from these flyers, and the whole package might look a lot better in person.

#7859 7 years ago

Wow!!! Thanks for the pics. The game looks amazing!

#7860 7 years ago

Agree on the cabinet...now I'm wondering if the original green would be better or not. Wish I could see all the choices in person.
Overall, the game appears to be 'Aliens' dominant...I still wish it would've focused on the original instead of trying to mash together two quite different movies, but this is what we have and I'll likely bring it home...the dream themes can do no wrong.
Can't wait to play it and hear that audio package...should be a ton of fun.

#7861 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It sure does. Looks like there is a lot going on.
Artwork still doesn't work for me personally. Still seems dark and just doesn't jump out as being particularly noteworthy. It just kind of disappears. Also, I get that the black cabinet fits the space theme, but it seems rather boring. Is this cabinet for a regular version or LE?
Then again, it is hard to tell a lot from these flyers, and the whole package might look a lot better in person.

This has to be a standard.....hardware, and nothing different in the art....although it does have beacons...

#7862 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Looks great, also will all pins have this same level of detail in the xenomorph head (or was this just a preliminary one)?

Reposting this, hoping someone can answer. Does anyone know?

#7863 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Airlock is there, just the look changed.
Space Jockey was indeed missing from both the game I saw (probably the one in the flyer) and the flyer, and Andrew seemed to suggest the game was feature complete save for an incoming logic board. Assume it was canned.
Only difference is that they've added the (production) colour eggs ... neutral colour instead of proto green ones (ensures they can be properly lit by the rgb leds)

The Space Jockey is intended to be present as décor in the upper right LV-426 area, either as décor on the final backwall design or as its own standup plastic. Probably the former.

#7864 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, the xenomorph model is a key detail on all Alien playfields.

#7865 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just looking at the shooter does it go to the right return or will it jump and go to the flip ramp?

Several people seem to be confused by this - the shooter wireform drops the ball onto the right platform to be sent down to the right flipper.

#7866 7 years ago

I blew up the pic on my iPad...ALOT to do!!! Can't see the back of the PF...curious if the ramp shot runs " thru" the backboard, similar to IM?

#7867 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be a sweet surprise if at least the LE zenomorph heads were all painted up in the collector style pre production model previously shown with the gooey teeth and all.

But in the spirit of not getting hopes up the actual production run is probably as shown in the flyer pics. Still, the first thing I did with my TWD well walker bash toy was pull him out, paint him up, bake in the oven to "meld" the paint pattern into something that turned out awesome. Then reinstalled. Great great mod for the game. Even designed a wig for him.

I've got quite an arsenal of Alien swag and bling from the past 20 years that will most likely find its way into the pin. Space Jockey, Nostromo, Bug Stomper drop ship, APC vehicle, and such. I had hoped most of those pieces would have already been there but where there is a will there is a way.

But we haven't seen the LE yet. Perhaps there might be yet some surprises to set it apart from a dressed up SE?

#7868 7 years ago

Thanks for all the positive messages.

Quoted from jonesjb:

The Xeno model has changed a little - due to requests from FOX. But the same level of detail remains, and will be present on all games.

Hilton - we are having a brand new coin door design manufactured especially for us. The current 2-slot door can clash with our ball trough. The new design brings the 2 x coin mechs aligned to the left of the door. The note validator plate swaps to align on the bottom right of the door.

One of the reasons the engineer model was dropped is that we realised we couldn't give a good enough representation due to the height restraints at the front of the playfield. The turret, and its angle, simply wouldn't fit.

#7869 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The Xeno model has changed a little - due to requests from FOX. But the same level of detail remains, and will be present on all games.
Hilton - we are having a brand new coin door design manufactured especially for us. The current 2-slot door can clash with our ball trough. The new design brings the 2 x coin mechs aligned to the left of the door. The note validator plate swaps to align on the bottom right of the door.
One of the reasons the engineer model was dropped is that we realised we couldn't give a good enough representation due to the height restraints at the front of the playfield. The turret, and its angle, simply wouldn't fit.

Andrew,

Is this the Standard Art package? Appears so, as does the hardware(?)

#7870 7 years ago

AMC having an Alien marathon right now...

#7871 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Andrew,
Is this the Standard Art package? Appears so, as does the hardware(?)

Hi Mark,

Yes, this is the Standard Edition hardware package.

This is also the Standard Edition trim.

The topper, and the Blade EL Panel lighting kit, are optional extras

#7872 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Yes, the xenomorph model is a key detail on all Alien playfields.

That would be fantastic if the zenomorph head is painted to look like the early released picture. In the flyer pics it appears the shiny wet shadowed look is now a dry matt finish missing the color depth gradients on the top of the head. Is it the paint detail differences I'm seeing that Fox changed?

dee53c1de2b02435e58eb9fff05fad01a6c01636[1] (resized).jpgdee53c1de2b02435e58eb9fff05fad01a6c01636[1] (resized).jpg
zenomorph head 2 (resized).jpgzenomorph head 2 (resized).jpg
zenomorph head (resized).jpgzenomorph head (resized).jpg

#7873 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing the gameplay. More pinball is great for everyone.

#7874 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That would be fantastic if the zenomorph head is painted to look like the early released picture. In the flyer pics it appears the shiny wet shadowed look is a dry matt finish missing the color depth gradients. Is it the paint detail differences I see that Fox changed?

No, the changes have been made to the structure of the model itself. FOX wanted the model head narrower - which it is now

The paint finish has changed to this during the process. That's not to say that it can't or won't be changed during production.

#7875 7 years ago

Hi Mark,
Yes, this is the Standard Edition hardware package.
This is also the Standard Edition trim.
The topper, and the Blade EL Panel lighting kit, are optional extras

Thank you Andrew...anxious to see you and the Team next week!!!

#7876 7 years ago

No, the changes have been made to the structure of the model itself. FOX wanted the model head narrower - which it is now
The paint finish has changed to this during the process. That's not to say that it can't or won't be changed during production.

This pin looks world class. Great work and congratulations!

#7877 7 years ago

That's reassuring, thanks Andrew. The detailed finish on the early release zenomorph head really looks amazing, like it could be a high dollar collectable people buy for display. I'm hoping you can retain that level of paint artistry on your production units. That main toy pulls the whole pin together.

#7878 7 years ago

Wish I could be at expo for the reveal of this one and every other pin.

Since I still have an LE pre order from way back, I'm still having a hard time figuring out what is different from the standard and what optional items are there to add to both standard and LE.

I'm confused, which is par for the course!

#7879 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

That's reassuring, thanks Andrew. The detailed finish on the early release zenomorph head really looks amazing, like it could be a high dollar collectable people buy for display. I'm hoping you can retain that level of paint artistry on your production units. That main toy pulls the whole pin together.

I promise you that no matter how they come from the factory I'll be pulling mine for custom paintwork.

#7880 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I promise you that no matter how they come from the factory I'll be pulling mine for custom paintwork.

I think having it mostly bare is better ... easier to do custom efforts then.

Re: people talking about black cab and black trim.

I'm of the view that it looks vastly better. Immensely so than the rather weird looking black cab and grey trim. I don't think the green powder coat would look right, personally, with the large bezel round the glass. It'd be too eye catching and distracting during play.

#7881 7 years ago

thanks for that Andrew! Looking forward to seeing you at expo. Please set aside 10 minutes for us to chat about a possible US launch party. I will be there from Thursday 10am. I would love to get some time on the game and help you set it up. Please let me know if you need a hand. Happy to help.

#7882 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree 100% As long as that mechanism works reliably, I can have it painted to my liking. This pin looks great! I'm really excited to see this thing powered up & in action!

I know that the actors & scenes are present in the pin, but do we have an actor doing custom call outs? I.e: Jackpot! Extra Ball! Shoot X!

#7883 7 years ago

This is a quote from the Alien flyer thread, it's a quote from Aurich.

"The actors are in this game, it's absolutely loaded with callouts from the movies, as arranged and planned by David Thiel. His sound code is so nuanced and well thought out. Lots of events feature multiple callouts, and he also directed the voice of Mother, who handles all the non-movie callouts."

So, Mother(the computer) is doing the call outs? What I great idea to make the pin even more immersive!

#7884 7 years ago

Looking great! Just placed a deposit on an LE. Can't wait to see it at Expo. Nice job Heighway Pinball team!

#7885 7 years ago

I WILL be ordering the optional door to door air freight! No way I'm sitting around for ten weeks watching you mofos play while my machine plods around the world on a boat.

I think by the end of next week they are changing the main structural materials used on the LE. From then on they will be made from unobtainium.

#7886 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I WILL be ordering the optional door to door air freight! No way I'm sitting around for ten weeks watching you mofos play while my machine plods around the world on a boat.
I think by the end of next week they are changing the main structural materials used on the LE. From then on they will be made from unobtainium.

I had my Full Throttle sent air freight. It only took 7 days to be delivered to my door in Michigan! Don't quote me, but I think it only cost $300! My Alien LE will absolutely be sent air freight!

#7887 7 years ago

Bros, when /if I get my alien pinball machine, she's going to the shop for a custom Power Loader paint job, there's a caterpillar shop close by, so paint and ideas will be a plenty

If the xeno head stays in its current paint, looks like we may just need to clear coat it to get the beloved wet look

#7888 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ditto, and agree with your assessment!!!

#7889 7 years ago

What's going on with the right inlane/outlane area? Is there no divider between the inlane and outlane? I see a post, but nothing else to separate them. Also, it looks like trapping a ball on the lower right flipper will be tricky. If the ball rolls right too far up the guide, it will fall into the gap and drain (sort of like Future Spa).

Alien right inlane-outlane (resized).jpgAlien right inlane-outlane (resized).jpg

#7890 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

What's going on with the right inlane/outlane area? Is there no divider between the inlane and outlane? I see a post, but nothing else to separate them. Also, it looks like trapping a ball on the lower right flipper will be tricky. If the ball rolls right too far up the guide, it will fall into the gap and drain (sort of like Future Spa).

Good eye! Very similar to Full Throttle's left outlane, it's tricky but not too hard.

#7891 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

There's a one-way gate there that wasn't installed when this photo was taken

#7892 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

There's a one-way gate there that wasn't installed when this photo was taken

Anyone else notice how the inlanes feed to the flippers?
alien shots (resized).jpgalien shots (resized).jpg

I drew all the ramp returns and inlanes/outlanes to see how they would work. Looks like it's going to be super fast! Only thing I am not sure about are where the one way gate will be on the right and how the upper left ramp will return. The purple line on the upper right may be for the ball return from the alien ball lock. I guess we'll all know soon enough!

edit: I am also pretty sure you can shoot under the upper left flipper, but I don't know where that would feed to. Looks like the ball save area, so maybe that area behaves differently depending on how the ball gets in there (outlane vs under the upper flipper)

#7893 7 years ago

Does the ball returning down the upper right ramp just fall down just above the right spinner? Seems like it might land on the plastics.

#7894 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does the ball returning down the upper right ramp just fall down just above the right spinner? Seems like it might land on the plastics.

good question

#7895 7 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Anyone else notice how the inlanes feed to the flippers?

I drew all the ramp returns and inlanes/outlanes to see how they would work. Looks like it's going to be super fast! Only thing I am not sure about are where the one way gate will be on the right and how the upper left ramp will return. The purple line on the upper right may be for the ball return from the alien ball lock. I guess we'll all know soon enough!
edit: I am also pretty sure you can shoot under the upper left flipper, but I don't know where that would feed to. Looks like the ball save area, so maybe that area behaves differently depending on how the ball gets in there (outlane vs under the upper flipper)

Sorry for my bad Paint skills, but dont you think it is more like the yellow?

#7896 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Sorry for my bad Paint skills, but dont you think it is more like the yellow?

Your yellow lines are correct

#7897 7 years ago

Your yellow lines are correct

This game is going to have a great mix of both great flow as well as stop and go.

#7898 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This game is going to have a great mix of both great flow as well as stop and go.

Good to know. It didn't look like there was room for the ball rolling on fall through the cutout, which was why i drew it the way I did

#7899 7 years ago

Where is the shot again insert? In Alien's mouth?

#7900 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Where is the shot again insert? In Alien's mouth?

Scream Again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/158?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.