pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 601.
#7751 7 years ago

We dont want a ranting Alien mob because ramp broke up when multiball siren was ringing.

#7752 7 years ago

I have good chance to be with the first wave due to Aimee´s mail because I just nailed in the final 5.340,00 €, he said the first wave are some full prepayer le´s with a few standarts.

#7753 7 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I have good chance to be with the first wave due to Aimee´s mail because I just nailed in the final 5.340,00 €, he said the first wave are some full prepayer le´s with a few standarts.

you have paid your Alien standard game 5340€? whole game or just playfield?

#7754 7 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

We dont want a ranting Alien mob because ramp broke up when multiball siren was ringing.

If something breaks it's not likely to be a ramp, they're all metal.

#7755 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pedantic but the metal Ramps were what broke on hobbit originally

Looking forward to watching from home.. charge your phones folks!! In for some long days!

#7756 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Pedantic but the metal Ramps were what broke on hobbit originally
Looking forward to watching from home.. charge your phones folks!! In for some long days!

ramps on TH broke due to the way that they were constructed (spot welded). as stern has shown with the metal ramps on MET, a simple slot and tab assembly works great

#7757 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the first video Andrew was showing the ramps were plastic correct? They are now metal?

#7758 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

In the first video Andrew was showing the ramps were plastic correct? They are now metal?

Steel and welded. Not plastic.

#7759 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That's correct Gabe - the two ramps are now steel

#7760 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Steel ramps with optic lighting sounds great to me, can't wait to see this pin, less than a week away now and what a long week it will be, time has slowed to a crawl waiting to see all these games.

#7761 7 years ago

That's awesome I love steel ramps.

#7762 7 years ago

Sweet. Metal ramps look much higher end, well done No kidding long week indeed...

#7763 7 years ago

andrew:
any update from approval from FOX? I'm guessing that you're a go based on the launch party but I don't recall seeing anything "official" from you

#7764 7 years ago

Twin Peaks Alien Launch Party Flyer (resized).pngTwin Peaks Alien Launch Party Flyer (resized).png

#7765 7 years ago

That sound pretty official to me!!

-Jeff
LV 223

#7767 7 years ago

Ahhhhhhhh YEAB BABY!!!! ....I won't be there, so I hope someone can get some good pics and vids.

#7768 7 years ago

Hmmm... now even more interested (as if that were possible).

#7769 7 years ago

Shit is getting real now!!!!! can't wait!!!!!!

#7770 7 years ago

Launch party is great news!

Tacky, sexist location though...

Twin Peaks Breastaurant

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/twin-peaks-bad-week-gets-worse-with-leaked-internal-memo/

#7771 7 years ago

It looks so good and all the diffrent multiball modes aint going to make it any worse.

#7772 7 years ago

Stay tuned to this thread, think it might catch fire later

#7773 7 years ago

good news

#7774 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

In their defence, it's not like there's a ton of locations nearby to choose from - there's only 2-3 restaurants within walking distance.

#7775 7 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Stay tuned to this thread, think it might catch fire later

I like the idea of something being announced, like Fox approval or something, but I doubt we'll get visuals before the expo reveal. I have to believe this, or I won't go to bed.

#7776 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I like the idea of something being announced, like Fox approval or something, but I doubt we'll get visuals before the expo reveal. I have to believe this, or I won't go to bed.

You may rest peacefully. REVEAL!
Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Back (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Back (resized).jpg

#7777 7 years ago

Alien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Front (resized).jpgAlien Pinball Official Game Flyer - Front (resized).jpg

#7778 7 years ago

Here is the e-mail I received, removed the personal payment/wiring part:

Further to our email at the beginning of September, we are pleased to inform you that we have received approval from 20th Century Fox and it is full steam ahead for the commencement of Alien Pinball production!

As promised, please find attached the official game flyer. On Thursday 13th October 2016 at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time our new website will go live: www.heighwaypinball.com Here you will be able to see our brand new promo video for Alien Pinball, plus many high resolution photos of every angle of the game.

Payment
As previously advised and as per our payment terms, we now request you make your next payment; this can be as per the installment agreement or if you wish you can pay in full.

To pay the next installment which is 50% of the order, the amount is $ 3925.00

However if you wish to pay in full, this would be $ 6225.00, giving a discount of $ 125.00

Neither of the above payments includes shipping costs or optional extras.
Shipping upgrades can be purchased along with optional extras from our new website at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time on Thursday 13th October 2016 when it goes live.

**REMOVED PERSONAL PAYMENT INFO**

Optional Extras

Below is a list of upgrade options. Optional extras can be purchased up to one week prior to shipping of your game, and can be purchased online from 9.15pm on Thursday 13th October 2016 (prices will be listed on our website)

27” backbox LCD
Fibre Optic Lighting package
Blade EL Lighting system
Shaker Motor
Amber Rotating Beacon Topper
Non-reflective glass
Polished chrome trim package
Door to door shipping by Airfreight (7-10 days as opposed to 4-8weeks by sea)
Coin mechanism – single
Coin mechanism – double
+ more to follow

If you have any questions, or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Heighway Pinball, Unit 35 Rassau Industrial Estate, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5SD United Kingdom.

#7779 7 years ago

Finally some substance! It looks good.

Now to see the gameplay!

#7780 7 years ago

It does look like a nice game! 9 main shots (including standups behind the magnet) of which 2 ramps and a 'mini-ramp' (what's the thing on the right called again? . Besides that a droptargetbank, one single droptarget, some toys, of which one interactive. A nice exit on the left with playability (just like Hobbit and WOZ did something with a sidedrain instead of just a standard 'drain, or some games saved by kickback', which is nice for more 'playability' imo).
I don't really understand the ramp-exit on the right.

I was (and still am) a bit skeptic if Heighway could really ship these in 2016, but I hope they will. It does really look like a great game with very nice shots. Let's hope it flows nice, software is good too and that Heighway can soon start manufacturing these.

With Alien and JJP3 (and some others), I'm really looking forward to gameplay-videos from expo this year!

Edit: I almost forgot: thanks for the pictures!

#7781 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Twin Peaks Breastaurant
http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-daily-post/twin-peaks-bad-week-gets-worse-with-leaked-internal-memo/

You're right, should change the location to Hooter's.

#7782 7 years ago
Quoted from sven:

It does look like a nice game! 9 main shots (including standups behind the magnet) of which 2 ramps and a 'mini-ramp' (what's the thing on the right called again? .

The official Stern name for it is a reverse-o-matic. I call it a halfpipe ramp.

#7783 7 years ago

Wow that looks awesome!!!!!! Can't wait to play it! Super great news....

#7784 7 years ago

There's some other stuff that will be bolted on by next week, tested and then revealed later. This amounts to 3 key features that are secret at this point.

Exciting times!

Are only the 35th Anniversary Edition LE models getting the 3 secret features? Not seeing them.

Am I seeing inside blade art?

Did we lose the 2nd LCD behind the revolving air lock toy?

Will the interactive Alien head be painted like the one previously shown - at least for the LE models?

This must not be an up to date pic. Shouldn't there be a rather large toy in the back right corner that was spoken about before?

#7785 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The official Stern name for it is a reverse-o-matic. I call it a halfpipe ramp.

Yep, It's a fun ramp! LOTR & Soprano's has this ramp, it's a rewarding shot.
Pictures look really good of the play field! I'm really excited to see & hear this thing in action!

#7786 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Exciting times!
Are only the 35th Anniversary Edition LE models getting the 3 secret features? Not seeing them

Not as I understood it. AFAIK everyone will get them. The internal cabinet design is being slightly changed to incorporate one of them, with the feature likely being used for all future games. so I'd imagine it's much better to have all of them with it. One of the others will require all games be programmed the same way, I think. The last one could be exclusive but I don't think it will be.

LEs are differentiated by having all the mod cons as standard, plus different side and translite art and their numbered placque.

#7787 7 years ago

Looks pretty damn cool now that we can see the populated playfield with the artwork!

Well done, Aurich!

#7788 7 years ago

This playfield artwork is so a big disappointement for me as i love this layout, the toy, ramps design, slings and bumpers design, plastics. Maybe Aurich saved What he could with fox approvals and restrictions.
I hope a great code now.
Good job to HP team.

#7789 7 years ago

Love the dual spinners

#7790 7 years ago

WOW! All together this looks amazing!

I count 19 main shots (more if looking at extra flipper shots), drop targets, 2 spinners, magnet, 2 interactive toys, 2 METAL ramps, 4 flippers, and it appears to have a really nice layout of shot.

SUPER excited to play this at expo!

#7791 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW! All together this looks amazing!
I count 19 main shots (more if looking at extra flipper shots), drop targets, 2 spinners, magnet, 2 interactive toys, 2 METAL ramps, 4 flippers, and it appears to have a really nice layout of shot.
SUPER excited to play this at expo!

I hear ya man. This is looking really nice.

#7792 7 years ago

This looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person. Is there any chance of a live stream at Expo for those that can't make it?

#7793 7 years ago

Aurich, the art looks really nice as a package!

great job! looking forward to seeing it in person where I am sure it will 'pop' even more.

#7794 7 years ago

Looks sweet!

Heighway has a nice system and great price underappreciated thus far solely because of theme.

Think that's gonna change!

#7795 7 years ago

Nice job guys!!! I can't figure out where the launch ball goes to and where the return ramp in upper right corner goes to as well. Andrew, if there are three new features will they on display at the Launch Party?

#7796 7 years ago

I have said it before but will say it again.

The quality if engineering, design, and assembly on Full Throttle is a log scale better than ALL other companies.

I route and help maintain over 25 pins ranging from spooky, JJP, Stern, and FullT. The build quality on FullT is the absolute top of the pile and that was their first game.

Now they have a great theme, a real artist, a better layout (FullT already rocks to play), the good induction switch technology which means the ball just screams!, good coding team. I mean... I dont want to be too excited, but hot damn this is gonna be fun to play!!!!

Then you toss on the price point and WOW! Looking forward to talking with Andrew and playing this thing in less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7797 7 years ago

Man this looks fantastic! Top flipper shots to the left giving me a bit of a STTNG vibe. Airlock looks super detailed, as do all the toys actually.
Psyched!!!

1bzj3b (resized).jpg1bzj3b (resized).jpg

#7798 7 years ago

Blade EL Lighting System?

Lumination EL Series (resized).jpgLumination EL Series (resized).jpg

#7799 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Blade EL Lighting System?

Probably one of the 3 secret features not discussed yet that we'll learn more about after the reveal next week? Although it's listed as an option so not a standard feature.

Wonder if it's included with the LE?

#7800 7 years ago

Great looking game!

Playfield artwork is perfect for functionality and transitions nicely between the different sections. The lcd's will do the heavy lifting for Alien and "wow factor" displays.

Can't wait to see it play .

Congrats Andrew and team.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/156?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.