• 25,781 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Maurice
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,058 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7366 (resized).JPG
DSCN7371 (resized).JPG
DSCN7350 (resized).JPG
DSCN7349 (resized).JPG
DSCN7348 (resized).JPG
DSCN7347 (resized).JPG
b34fa380a8f2fc23fab850b1e0dfdbbc (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN7321 (resized).JPG
DSCN7338 (resized).JPG
585009D5-D67F-44B4-B001-2ED74F02C911 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7289 (resized).JPG
DSCN7288 (resized).JPG
E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25781 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 516.
#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The "not" joke lives on in 2016. You have horrible taste in everything.

What? "not" jokes suck and they sucked in the 90's too, you think I have bad taste? imagine how I feel, I happen to love Bad Taste.

bad_taste3_1 (resized).jpg

#7702 3 years ago

Thanks for all the updates. Is the team done making changes to the hardware?

In some industries, this point is known as design-freeze.

Quoted from Aurich:

None of us have seen the game yet, outside of photos and video. We'll all be at Expo. After that we'll just do whatever makes the most sense. My personal priority would be for Joe to have a game, that's the most essential in my mind.

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Thanks for all the updates. Is the team done making changes to the hardware?
In some industries, this point is known as design-freeze.

I honestly can't speak to anything happening in Wales, it's on the other side of the world from me and I'm not there, so I just stick with talking about what I actually know, and that's the US team.

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You did? Well I guess its kinda funny, nope its terrible.

It's cool man. Different strokes for you and me.

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It's cool man. Different strokes for you and me.

Ofcourse, if we all liked the same thing it would be boring, I actually really want Spooky to improve and start making some titles I know other companies just won't make that I want and I can see Ben has a great sense of humor, nothing but respect for Spooky and admiration for their business tactics, my sense of humor is strange, I'm the only one in my group of friends that enjoys All in the Family and Don Rickles etc, I prefer the Dean Martin Roasts to the ones today by far so yeah its cool. Glad you can take some light ribbing.

#7706 3 years ago

Hi,
Can Andrew or a heighway allowed person confirm the price for European customer?
It is noticed 8500€. Still correct? If yes, why such a difference with uk?
Thanks

#7707 3 years ago

(disclaimer... not a moderation notice)

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It is noticed 8500€. Still correct?

And also... "scheduled for production in September 2015". Still correct?
http://heighwaypinball.com/Gamenew/

September (resized).png

#7708 3 years ago

Production dates and exchange rates changed rather a lot in 12 months ...

RIP £ and likely UK generally

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's why you think AMH is funny probably, I have respect for Spooky and I would buy a game from them if one was made to my liking but AMH humor is really bad as is the case in almost all pinball.

I wasn't weighing in on anything... just funny to hear one guy tell another straight faced "you have horrible taste in everything".

Something you don't hear everyday at social functions - well maybe over here we do hear it everyday in some form or another

#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Production dates and exchange rates changed rather a lot in 12 months ...
RIP £ and likely UK generally

so it's time to update website if it must be, isn't it?

#7711 3 years ago

Andrew,
any word on fox approval? Hows it looking? Any good updates for us before expo?

-Jeff LV223

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Andrew,
any word on fox approval? Hows it looking? Any good updates for us before expo?
-Jeff LV223

And is there a deadline when a game just flat out won't be there? Or, will there be one in a crate no matter what in case an 11th hour approval happens. Assuming it doesn't happen a few days prior of course.

#7713 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

And is there a deadline when a game just flat out won't be there? Or, will there be one in a crate no matter what in case an 11th hour approval happens. Assuming it doesn't happen a few days prior of course.

the latter

#7714 3 years ago

so one more time - do pictures of the playfield or cabinet with art exist?

#7715 3 years ago

The magic 8 ball says.....
"Ask this same question next week and your answer will be YES"

Quoted from delt31:

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wouldn't be much of a reveal if there were, would it?

actually there are some pics of the playfield art (or bits of it) earlier in this thread somewhere, and the original translate art before the 27" monitor thing

#7717 3 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

actually there are some pics of the playfield art (or bits of it) earlier in this thread somewhere, and the original translate art before the 27" monitor thing

there's a video w/gameplay...you just have to run in to Andrew to watch it.

#7718 3 years ago

thanks guys - I was thinking the table and PF was revealed considering the length in which people have waited and the fact that its announced and the table is scheduled for production soon right? I guess they don't follow the stern approach of showing a model of the game as the announcement. Seems like they built a website and that's it. dissappointing

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks guys - I was thinking the table and PF was revealed considering the length in which people have waited and the fact that its announced and the table is scheduled for production soon right? I guess they don't follow the stern approach of showing a model of the game as the announcement. Seems like they built a website and that's it. dissappointing

You have it mixed up.

Stern shows a game when its approved and are taking orders.. production usually starts a short time after (sometimes, much longer). They don't talk about it prior.
Heighway took PRE-orders on a game concept... and will reveal the game when the game is ready and approved... planned for Expo. Production is planned for immediate start after final approvals.

Heighway has released teasers and bits of info prior as well. The website reflects the state PRIOR to the reveal.. you can expect it to change AFTER the reveal (makes sense, no?).

#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hopefully Alien will put them in a position where game #3 can be developed behind closed doors, announce/show it, and then construction is already happening. We've known that PL is doing JJP #3 forever, but nobody has seen it. Game 2 or 3 seems to be when the non-Stern companies get over the hump and don't need to have the next title known for many months to get attention/cash. They just announce, get the list together (not pre-orders), and start building/shipping games.

#7721 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Or, will there be one in a crate no matter what in case an 11th hour approval happens. Assuming it doesn't happen a few days prior of course.

I hear positive things about your question and also positive things about the quote you posted

#7722 3 years ago

Games will be going, regardless of whether Fox have given a green light, as US team members need to have access to the machines. Plus, as I'm sure you can imagine, Fox approving after the team flies (without machines) would be less than ideal.

#7723 3 years ago

Lets go Fox you dickheads, look at the game and approve it.

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Based on my position it will kind of suck for me if the 27" LCD becomes mandatory and the Anniversary translite art turns out to be trim around the screen and I have to pay the 27" LCD upcharge that comes with the extra LCD when I didn't really want it. That won't stop me from purchasing my dream theme.

I'm curious if a company can institute a "limited video mode" for a large monitor. Meaning:

One user likes all of the video clips and animations full-screen, and would use a translite with a large opening for the full monitor.

Another user wants a classic DMD-type feel, and would use a translite that would only expose a smaller area of the monitor (say, the bottom center). A different display mode would be selected in the options menu, and only basic DMD-type animations (or just the player's score) would be displayed.

A large LCD could be standard on all models, and the user would decide between two translites and two video modes based on their preference. I'm sure I'll get my dick kicked for such a ludicrous suggestion, but I feel like this could solve the problem (if there even is one).

#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's it. dissappointing

awwwww, need a hug?

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from pappyfromjersey:

I'm curious if a company can institute a "limited video mode" for a large monitor. Meaning:
One user likes all of the video clips and animations full-screen, and would use a translite with a large opening for the full monitor.
Another user wants a classic DMD-type feel, and would use a translite that would only expose a smaller area of the monitor (say, the bottom center). A different display mode would be selected in the options menu, and only basic DMD-type animations (or just the player's score) would be displayed.
A large LCD could be standard on all models, and the user would decide between two translites and two video modes based on their preference. I'm sure I'll get my dick kicked for such a ludicrous suggestion, but I feel like this could solve the problem (if there even is one).

Would be a huge pain in the ass to develop that, would double the work. But also, the LCD display affects the rules and the whole game. On Alien the dashboard tracks a lot of different things so you can see at a glance where you are with certain aspects of the game. Which weapon you have selected, what the effect of it is when you fire it, how your ammo for the sentry guns is going, how far you are in Lifecycle. You'd have to trap and page up through status screens without that kind of display.

#7727 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Would be a huge pain in the ass to develop that, would double the work. But also, the LCD display affects the rules and the whole game. On Alien the dashboard tracks a lot of different things so you can see at a glance where you are with certain aspects of the game. Which weapon you have selected, what the effect of it is when you fire it, how your ammo for the sentry guns is going, how far you are in Lifecycle. You'd have to trap and page up through status screens without that kind of display.

Ok, that all sounds really cool...

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Ok, that all sounds really cool...

That's all working on the prototype right now. I designed a UI for it, but obviously I haven't actually played the game yet, so I might want to make some changes to how it looks after experiencing it. I was 'testing' it by sticking mockups on an iPad on my ACDC playfield.

#7729 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

On Alien the dashboard tracks a lot of different things so you can see at a glance where you are with certain aspects of the game. Which weapon you have selected, what the effect of it is when you fire it, how your ammo for the sentry guns is going, how far you are in Lifecycle. You'd have to trap and page up through status screens without that kind of display.

I really like when you paint a picture using actual game play features. Thumbs up for letting us look behind the curtain a tiny bit before the reveal. So thanks for that. This is the kind of play dialog I wish you would expand the teasing on before expo.

#7730 3 years ago

or look at the playfield monitor? Or have they changed it to 2 separated displays now (playfield one view and backbox another view). I didn't that separated display views were available yet.

Quoted from Aurich:

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I really like when you paint a picture using actual game play features. Thumbs up for letting us look behind the curtain a tiny bit before the reveal. So thanks for that. This is the kind of play dialog I wish you would expand the teasing on before expo.

Honestly until the approval I've been hesitant to talk things up too much. I just saw a rough cut of the new promo video Russel is putting together, if you've seen the Texas one you'll appreciate how much more real gameplay this one shows. Hopefully we can show this one publicly!

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

or look at the playfield monitor? Or have they changed it to 2 separated displays now (playfield one view and backbox another view). I didn't that separated display views were available yet.

Mirrored view. I can't speak to the tech, but doing two separate displays with separate info etc would definitely be a lot more work. You'd have to standardize on two displays for sure, trying to make the system flexible enough to handle a bunch of different options would just be a huge headache.

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

awwwww, need a hug?

no - just some real info. Seems like they are really stringing it out.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like they are really stringing it out.

not really...read the thread...basically making pinball machines takes a year longer than everyone (including company) seems to think and getting approvals from the license holder can cause unexpected delays....that's it. No real "mystery" or agenda going on. They have delivered actual games to people--I own one. They will deliver their next game to people. Everybody keep your pants on and calm down.

#7735 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

no - just some real info. Seems like they are really stringing it out.

I'm sorry it feels that way, but the message has been consistent for a long time. Nothing can be shown until we get the green light. It looks like Expo will be that time. That's less than 2 weeks away now. So just hang in there until then and I'm sure it will all be clear. Then we can't stop playing the stupid dance and just answer questions.

If you think it's taken too long, you're not wrong. It has, everyone knows it. But circumstances have been what they've been. If you're coming to Expo keep Thursday night free. If you're not there should be plenty of info coming your way.

#7736 3 years ago

One week and two days.

Those who are complaining right now about not seeing stuff has an agenda. It's only one week until the reveal

#7737 3 years ago

Whats happening Thursday night in regards to Alien?
According to the expo schedule Alien reveal is on Friday at 4pm
http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf

4:00 p.m. "Alien Pinball:
The Official North American Launch"
Guest Moderator: Gary Flower
Speakers: Andrew Heighway, Brian
Dominy, Joe Schober, David Thiel, Barry
Oursler, Kelly Mazurowski, Garret Popek,
Matt Riesterer

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sorry it feels that way, but the message has been consistent for a long time. Nothing can be shown until we get the green light. It looks like Expo will be that time. That's less than 2 weeks away now. So just hang in there until then and I'm sure it will all be clear. Then we can't stop playing the stupid dance and just answer questions.
If you think it's taken too long, you're not wrong. It has, everyone knows it. But circumstances have been what they've been. If you're coming to Expo keep Thursday night free. If you're not there should be plenty of info coming your way.

#7738 3 years ago

Matt Riesterer

I thought Matt said in the Jurrasic park thread he would not be making it to expo

#7739 3 years ago

Thursday night is JJP3 reveal...

Alien talk is 4pm which is in the middle of the Adam West meet and greet..

#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Thursday night is JJP3 reveal...

8pm..it will be a bit late for me..but just in time for aperitif for you

#7741 3 years ago

Matt Riesterer

Be interesting what Barry Oursler has to say, since he's responsible for games 3, 4 & 5, assuming 4 or 5 don't get juggled, depending on how long 3 takes.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I thought Matt said in the Jurrasic park thread he would not be making it to expo

I'm pretty sure Matt Riesterer from Back Alley Creations will be at EXPO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/backalleymatt

I just dropped off a powder coating job with him a few days ago, and he asked me if I wanted to pick it up at EXPO. He has been extremely busy for a while now prepping for this particular show.

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

the middle of the Adam West meet and greet..

where 30? 'special' people will be. Make sure someone brings the calipers to help them measure

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where 30? 'special' people will be. Make sure someone brings the calipers to help them measure

Hoping meet and greet is for all BM66 who put deposit down?....getting confusing. Think Alien is Thursday night? In the middle of JJP3?..all the same hotel?...shit, getting very confused....

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure it was for all people who put deposit down for Batman 66 prem, LE, or SLE.

I also heard distributors were given a certain allotment of VIP passes to the meet and greet. If thats the case, they could give a pass to anyone they want.
In addition I'm sure there are people who did put a deposit down but wont go to expo so those passes could be handed out at the discretion of the distributor as well.

I think there will be a lot more than 30 people at the meet and greet.

#7746 3 years ago

Thursday night is the reveal at Twin Peaks, party like we did last year for Full Throttle. I don't have time details, but we're aware that JJP is doing their 8pm talk, so for anyone who wants to do both we'll make sure that works, shouldn't be a problem to keep things going late enough to cover coming over after it whatever time the party starts.

As far as I know the plan is to have two games with headphones and a lot of alcohol and bar food. Hands on time with the game and the Alien team on hand to answer questions.

The Friday talk at Expo will be for anyone who doesn't make it, but it's not the reveal. Mike wrote it that way, but he's wrong. The party will be loud and more informal, so sure the talk will be good if you want the details and a little more quiet of an environment.

Matt will definitely be at Expo, he'll be manning the Back Alley booth.

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As far as I know the plan is to have two games with headphones and a lot of alcohol and bar food. Hands on time with the game and the Alien team on hand to answer questions.

You mean i need to take the plane from France to get an answer to my question :" is the price for EU customer still 8500€?"
If i was ordering today, What would be the price from manufacturer?

#7748 3 years ago

http://heighwaypinball.com/product/alien-pinball-35th-anniversary-edition-pay-in-full/

£6,025 (including 20% VAT sales tax – GB/NI price only) + delivery
$8,050* (excluding any applicable sales taxes) + shipping/delivery (from U.S. warehouse)
€8,500* (including sales tax for European Union countries)
+ shipping/delivery

* foreign currency prices are subject to change. Paying a deposit, and securing your game, secures your game at the price quoted on the day you make your payment. If game ships through a distributer then price may vary slightly depending on the rate of sale tax in your country
Initial Deposit: £1,000 / $1,500 / €1,500
50% Payment: Due in week of manufacture
Balance minus deposit and any fees applicable: Due prior to shipping

You mean i need to take the plane from France to get an answer to my question :" is the price for EU customer still 8500€?"

#7749 3 years ago

It's been answered. This price was indicative of the exchange rate at the time.

Just pay the final price when announced in £ if you want to order one. They're not going to price gouge EU customers.

#7750 3 years ago

These nuts overseas have to play this game as planned before it gets shipped to me. I see danger after about 4 years of development and 98.5 % finished it gets rushed now. Only Fox can stop this take your time bros. I take it anyway and dont mind becoming an Alien KPG.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 25781 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 516.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside