• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 494.
#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Who is this Kaneda I see referenced throughout Pinside? Can anyone share context?

#7502 2 years ago

Hi Tetsuo!

It took me too long (in life), but I finally arrived at a state where you - and who you think I am - means
nothing to me. You can think whatever you want! I am going to ignore you. Have fun saying 'Hi Kaneda'
to every new forum user.

/Nicholas

#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I know these prices aren't firm yet, but if the new standard has become roughly $8.6K for an LCD Stern Premium, and Heighway is charging roughly $6.3K for their standard model, then there's a HUGE gap in the market that Stern has left for Heighway to fill.
I think once these pins are revealed at Expo, it will be clear to see that a Heighway Standard packs more features than a Stern Premium, and runs roughly $1.5-2K less. If the features & gameplay of Alien meet expectations (looking likely), and if production schedules & build quality meets consumer demand..... then Heighway is well positioned to fill this new market gap & sell a lot of machines.
Competition is a great thing At least that's how I see it.
Looking forward to making that first payment when production begins!

When i see heighway website i really don't understand prices.

£6,025 (including 20% VAT sales tax – GB/NI price only) + delivery
US $8,050* (excluding any applicable sales taxes) + shipping/delivery (from U.S. warehouse)
€8,500* (including sales tax for European Union countries)
+ shipping/delivery

I don't know What are US taxes to import a flipper but $8000 for an us customer with the shipping overseas included is a great price. It is like an uk customer who is paying 1500€ less than an European customer. In fact, i have the feeling that the european customers are those who are paying the most.

Whatever the pin, the quality, the hype etc it does not appear very attractive for an European customer.

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

US $8,050* (excluding any applicable sales taxes) + shipping/delivery (from U.S. warehouse)
+ shipping/delivery
I don't know What are US taxes to import a flipper but $8000 for an us customer with the shipping overseas included is a great price. It is like an uk customer who is paying 1500€ less than an European customer. In fact, i have the feeling that the european customers are those who are paying the most.
Whatever the pin, the quality, the hype etc it does not appear very attractive for an European customer.

But England is in the EU for at least some time, right? So if I were to import the game from old blighty to Denmark, would the game be €8500 (63.000DKK)? Then shipping/delivery should be added?

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

But England is in the EU for at least some time, right? So if I were to import the game from old blighty to Denmark, would the game be €8500 (63.000DKK)? Then shipping/delivery should be added?

That is correct...If i understand well...
Uk customer is paying 7000€ and in the EU the price is 8500€

#7506 2 years ago

Well, that seems odd. I would expect Mr. Heighway to honor the British-Danish bond, which goes all the way back to the vikings and later Lord Nelson. Boy, did we have fun back then. The fun peaked with Faulty Towers. We MUST attract a better class of people!

#7507 2 years ago

Is there any possibility of Alien being featured at the York pinball convention?

#7508 2 years ago

No. Alien will be revealed for the first time in Chicago on October 13.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Is there any possibility of Alien being featured at the York pinball convention?

#7509 2 years ago

That is correct...If i understand well...
Uk customer is paying 7000€ and in the EU the price is 8500€

I expect the EU price has simply not been changed to reflect the massive fall in the £. Pay the price in £ (plus extra delivery fee) if you're in the EU.

$ price is cheap because there's no tax.

#7510 2 years ago

+ shipping/delivery

Those prices cannot be right.

Current value of pound is around €1,16.
So I would expect the price for the Alien LE version to be £6,025 (price including VAT) * 1.16 = €6.989,-

They have not adjusted the currency change.
So you should contact Heighway for actual prices or just pay in pounds

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I expect the EU price has simply not been changed to reflect the massive fall in the £. Pay the price in £ (plus extra delivery fee) if you're in the EU.
$ price is cheap because there's no tax.

really? you are talking for heighway? before brexit, the french distributor was already announcing about 8600-8700€ + shipping.

Wow! no charge for US customers and in EU we need to pay 20% TVA... we are the kings of assholes

#7512 2 years ago

In the US they pay sales tax by state and I think that adds up to 8-9% ? Someone in the US will know this better than myself.

#7513 2 years ago

http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-2016

heres a good overall review.

On some things you pay sales tax by city so ive been known to drive out of town to buy a new car

--Jeff

#7514 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No. Alien will be revealed for the first time in Chicago on October 13.

Not sure if this is still a possibility, but Andrew also mentioned that it might be slightly earlier.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We may well have a UK/Global launch the week before - so by the time of Expo, you may already have news

#7515 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Not sure if this is still a possibility, but Andrew also mentioned that it might be slightly earlier.

I believe it might be the weekend 8/9th october I say this because there is a expo in the uk : http://www.playexpomanchester.com/whats-on/ in which there will be a large audience who will be going who isn't going directly for pinball which there is 113 of so far as there is arcade machines, retro and new video games , vr , cosplay etc. Last year andrew was there in person showing off full throttle so there is a chance alien might be too this year.

#7516 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I believe it might be the weekend 8/9th october I say this because there is a expo in the uk : http://www.playexpomanchester.com/whats-on/ in which there will be a large audience who will be going who isn't going directly for pinball which there is 113 of so far as there is arcade machines, retro and new video games , vr , cosplay etc. Last year andrew was there in person showing off full throttle so there is a chance alien might be too this year.

It wont be at Play, that's 100% confirmed. If it's revealed early it would be via promo video I believe. I would still think it will be Pinball Expo for the reveal though

Quoted from nman:

They've not revealed anything early so far.....

#7517 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Well, that seems odd. I would expect Mr. Heighway to honor the British-Danish bond, which goes all the way back to the vikings and later Lord Nelson. Boy, did we have fun back then. The fun peaked with Faulty Towers. We MUST attract a better class of people!

No Riff Raff!

#7518 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

In the US they pay sales tax by state and I think that adds up to 8-9% ? Someone in the US will know this better than myself.

Most pinheads in the USA don't pay sales tax, they buy from out of state to avoid it.

The Canadian government closed that loophole long ago, sadly.

#7519 2 years ago

I have a countdown program on my computer. A former co-worker sent it to me before he retired. I'll give you one guess what he used it for. This is just a picture, but if anyone is able to embed an actual countdown, one internet cookie for you.

Alien Reveal (resized).jpg

#7520 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have a countdown program on my computer. A former co-worker sent it to me before he retired. I'll give you one guess what he used it for. This is just a picture, but if anyone is able to embed an actual countdown, one internet cookie for you.

Based on the name and how horrible it looks I'd say a countdown clock for Windows 98?

There are a hundred custom countdown clock websites/services out there but not usable here because you can't embed stuff on Pinside.

#7521 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Based on the name and how horrible it looks I'd say a countdown clock for Windows 98?
There are a hundred custom countdown clock websites/services out there but not usable here because you can't embed stuff on Pinside.

I would say 98 as well. 2 interesting points though. It launches without needing to be installed, and it works on Windows 7.

#7522 2 years ago

20% VAT or whatever? damn.

i thought we got our pants pulled down with 10%

#7523 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

20% VAT or whatever? damn.
i thought we got our pants pulled down with 10%

In Denmark we have 25% VAT. Take that!

#7524 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

In Denmark we have 25% VAT. Take that!

surely no other european country can top that?

EDIT: hungary 27 freaking percent VAT.

#7525 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

surely no other european country can top that?
EDIT: hungary 27 freaking percent VAT.

Oh no you don't Hungary!! We'll go for 29%!

#7526 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Oh no you don't Hungary!! We'll go for 29%!

I feel stink because we only have 15% VAT here in NZ. (GST, we call it ..)

However we don't have any import duties to speak of, so that's positive ...

rd

#7527 2 years ago

So everyone is dropping bombs..stern, jjp, spookay, and now some jpop game...cmon Andrew, show us your missle!

#7528 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

...cmon Andrew, show us your missle!

Whoa man, this is a family site.

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

this is a family site

I'm trying to find the emoticon of the little guy rolling around on the ground in hysterics

#7530 2 years ago

So, 20 days till the scheduled reveal. I'm getting nervous :-/ I'm hoping there is an announcement next week or I suspect that 20th Cent Fox is throwing a monkey wrench into the planned US rollout at Expo. I'm thinking positive thoughts as I'm heading out there to see/play this game

#7531 2 years ago
#7532 2 years ago

a man who owns a pinball machine is a man

#7533 2 years ago

a man who does not own a pinball machine is also a man but an inferior man

#7534 2 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

a man who does not own a pinball machine is also a man but an inferior man

..and he won't be getting any chicks either, until he sells his arcade games and buys some pinball machines.

#7535 2 years ago

Well Full Throttle was great, so looking forward to Alien.

IMG_2066 (resized).JPG

#7536 2 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Well Full Throttle was great, so looking forward to Alien.

Is Full Throttle widebody? Looks that way on the picture. Awesome room...love the floor

#7537 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Is Full Throttle widebody? Looks that way on the picture. Awesome room...love the floor

My god you try way too hard... It just exposes you further.

#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

(edited)

#7540 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Exactly.

#7541 2 years ago

A shame too cuz davebowman is actually a pretty awesome handle... now it's lost to the monolith.

#7542 2 years ago

Dave's not here.

#7543 2 years ago

Histrionic personality disorder

don't ridicule, help the poor guy out. He needs medical attention/therapy.

#7544 2 years ago

While we are waiting for Expo, here is some audio you Alien fans might enjoy.

My favorite podcast just did their discussion on the 1979 movie.

https://www.theincomparable.com/theincomparable/319/index.php

Enjoy.

#7545 2 years ago

Great podcast...thanks for the link.

#7546 2 years ago

Okay, guys, this is starting to be weird. Here's a picture of me - that way you can see that I am not who you think I am:

dredd1 (resized).jpg

#7547 2 years ago

I have to say, that really doesn't look like Kaneda.

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Okay, guys, this is starting to be weird. Here's a picture of me - that way you can see that I am not who you think I am:

vague protestations...symptom

#7549 2 years ago

Any news on the promo vid? Still waiting on aproval?

#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

vague protestations...symptom

Wickerman is spot-on with the diagnosis. Throw in a little BPD and Bi-polar disorder and you have yourself a Kaneda. God, what an annoying person....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside