DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 601.
#7451 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

.... will cost me in and around 12,000 with the current exchange...

I gotta find me a new hobby.... I'll definitely never make it into the big league....

#7452 7 years ago

Alien: $6300/$8050

BM66: $8599/$9999

Heighway better have that line ready to go after Expo.

#7453 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd say Stern has lost their goddamn minds, but people are apparently happy to line up and pay those prices.
If Andrew's not an idiot he's going to raise his prices too. Why not? The frog is perfectly happy in the bubbling water.
This is me just talking personally, I have zero insight into Alien prices or plans. And I'm not trying to push anyone into pre-ordering just to lock in a price point. But if the street price on the base Batman 66 game is around $7700 and people are opening their wallets? Andrew would be a fool to leave money on the table he could use to grow his company.
Expect a price increase, that's my prediction. Up up up, that's the trend.

I'm really starting to think that *everyone* has lost their goddamn minds.

I've never been someone who complains non stop about the price increases that have been going on for many years now, but it really is reaching the breaking point for me personally. Just kind of turns me off to the hobby as a whole. Can people still get most of their money back when they want to sell? Probably. But for how much longer? And with the prices being as high as they are to begin with, even a relatively small loss of 15% is going to cost you plenty of money.

#7454 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can people still get most of their money back when they want to sell? Probably. But for how much longer?

Bingo. If you think someone is gonna pay you $7700 for your used Stern Premium think again. You're going to start taking a hit if you buy at that price, the used market ain't gonna sustain it.

#7455 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

$7700 for your used Stern Premium

making those 8k remakes look like a bargain!!!!

#7456 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just kind of turns me off to the hobby as a whole.

Yep, me too, for the first time since I started buying pins and its not just NIB the used market as well has gotten crazy, after Aliens i think its time for a break.

#7457 7 years ago

With my Alien order I am getting a FTH playfield as well. Hobbit just arrived. GB premium next week. Everything seems to have arrived at once. I'm three machines over space limit already and can't find buyers for two I'm trying to sell. I have enough pinball raw material now to keep me going for years if I never buy another machine. Can I sit out a round of price rises? Better believe it.
Alien is going to be so awesome that I will easily take a break from buying. Definitely not from the hobby as a whole, but definitely from buying.
Staying on topic, Alien is actually going to be awesome. I'm interested to see how often I switch around the playfield.

#7458 7 years ago

Alien LE will be the greatest pinball machine ever made.

#7459 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Alien LE will be the greatest pinball machine ever made.

But no pressure or anything, right?

#7460 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have been convinced for a long time that the money is coming in from other hobbies. Anyone who can afford a jet ski can afford a pinball machine. Anyone who can afford a trail bike can afford a pinball machine. The markets for those two things alone are many multiples of the pinball market. Those guys are still waking up to the fact that they can even buy a pinball machine.

You described me to a "T". Sand rails, quads, UTVs, boats, but owning a pinball machine never crossed my mind until Metallica came along. There is money out there for sure.

#7461 7 years ago

At what point do we see the big players financing (through partners) like the recreational vehicle market. For only $199 a month for three years you can own a pinball machine!

#7462 7 years ago

ALIEN PINBALL - Official Game Thread, 75 new posts - NOTHING even related.

#7463 7 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

At what point do we see the big players financing (through partners) like the recreational vehicle market. For only $199 a month for three years you can own a pinball machine!

It already happened at Pintastic New England this year. We had a on site local bank financing pins at the show.

#7464 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

What is "related" to you? Release - no? Talking about prices etc. - Yes

#7465 7 years ago

Is there going to be a Australian distributor?
If not should I just order directly from Heighway?

#7466 7 years ago
Quoted from dri:

and this is exactly why I'm really starting to get annoyed with this hobby.

imagine a company like baskin robbins started to promote a new ice cream flavor with next to no details about it and then followed up with a marketing campaign "coming 2018!". a year later, they release a b/w photo of said ice cream but you still have no idea what flavor it is or what's supposed to be. we'd probably all shake our heads and forget about the whole thing.

I understand that when working with a company who owns the IP, you have certain obligations to uphold and meet, but to announce something like this and now [almost 2 years later], we [the potential customer] still don't know anything more than we did over a year ago. that's pretty disappointing.

and while I'm not advocating that stern is perfect (far from it with all of their recent issues), it's amazing that they are able to keep most of their details completely under wraps until they are almost ready to release a product. that's the one area that they have been more than successful at, keeping the time table short enough that the hype train continues to move forward at steady pace

I have high hopes for the title and I hope that andrew and the team can pull it off and meet the expectations that have been building for the better part of 2 years. thank god expo is less than a month away now

#7467 7 years ago

Got my key chain sorted just need my game, come on HP!!

IMG_20160916_124537761 (resized).jpgIMG_20160916_124537761 (resized).jpg

#7468 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Is there going to be a Australian distributor?
If not should I just order directly from Heighway?

Zaxx in Melbourne I believe. I'm ordering direct though.

#7469 7 years ago

Spooky just announced game 3 pricing at $6250 500 units no LE. Things are heating up.

Apples to apples thoughts?

#7470 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Spooky just announced game 3 pricing at $6250 500 units no LE. Things are heating up.
Apples to apples thoughts?

With a run that size, I might be able to get on the list. I wanted an AMH, but couldn't afford one before the list was full. RZ didn't do much for me, but the genre that Spooky produces has some great potential. Honestly, with them being a little over 1/3 of the way through 300 RZ (according to today's post) and needing to make a little less than 200 Dominos machines, Spooky #3 is a little ways away in production. What does that mean? Well, if Alien is cool and Spooky #3 is one of the titles I'm hoping for, I'll get both.

F Stern at this point. If JJP #3 isn't anything to do with the phone trademark people are talking about, that is a wildcard. If it's not JJ might also be the trolliest troll Pinside will ever see.

#7471 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

and this is exactly why I'm really starting to get annoyed with this hobby.
imagine a company like baskin robbins started to promote a new ice cream flavor...

lol, stop right there. You're comparing a $2 ice cream to a multi-thousand dollar luxury product? You must surely be aware that other luxury brands follow this exact same pattern? Tesla motors for example announcing the model 3 in March of this year, with product expected to ship in late 2017 (almost 2 years)?

There have also been multiple reveals along the way. We've seen cabinet and playfield art, models used in the game, discussions on rules, music and sound effects... In just a few more weeks we should see the final product

#7472 7 years ago

I'm curious where people are getting these prices from. I've talked to CT about getting a Full Throttle and the quoted prices were more like 7k/9k. Can't imagine Alien is going to be cheaper.

#7473 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I'm curious where people are getting these prices from. I've talked to CT about getting a Full Throttle and the quoted prices were more like 7k/9k. Can't imagine Alien is going to be cheaper.

http://nitroamusements.com/FULL_THROTTLE.html

http://nitroamusements.com/ALIEN.html

#7474 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Direct from Heighway is cheaper, even including shipping to the US.

#7475 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Strange. But good to know.

#7476 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Strange. But good to know.

I pre-ordered a Full Throttle direct from Heighway. It ended up being exactly the same as Cointaker's price including shipping.

#7477 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Heighway has a website with an order form with prices.

#7478 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Zaxx in Melbourne I believe. I'm ordering direct though.

better contact Zak to be sure.

#7479 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Incorrect. Nitro pricing is the same as Heighway. I'm pretty sure Cointaker's is as well.

#7480 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

I'm pretty sure Cointaker's is as well.

They list FullTh at $6995 w/Free Terminal shipping

Heighway direct buy is $5,950.00 plus shipping which is around $300-400.

No idea on what "options" cointaker has on their models though...so, who knows?

#7481 7 years ago

Nitro would be cheaper for Canadian customers once local taxies are levied, I think.

However, direct from Heighway is the cheapest option for US customers.

#7482 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They list FullTh at $6995 w/Free Terminal shipping
Heighway direct buy is $5,950.00 plus shipping which is around $300-400.

No idea on what "options" cointaker has on their models though...so, who knows?

Cointaker SE includes 27" large screen and black trim last time I checked.

#7483 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Nitro would be cheaper for Canadian customers once local taxies are levied, I think.
However, direct from Heighway is the cheapest option for US customers.

Cointaker includes the 27" upgrade on FT's ...a $550 upgrade. I think with the free shipping you'll find it works out the same.

#7484 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Cointaker SE includes 27" large screen and black trim last time I checked.

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Cointaker includes the 27" upgrade on FT's ...a $550 upgrade. I think with the free shipping you'll find it works out the same.

Mystery solved, thanks guys. Heard CT's prices were the same but it never seemed to add up, until now. Add extra features you want anyways and boom exact same. Looks like all Distributer pricing is the same.

#7485 7 years ago

I'll be curious to know if shipping direct with the original locked price is cheaper than with Nitro. Might have to ask both parties.

#7486 7 years ago

Waiting for my alien arrival.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7487 7 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Waiting for my alien arrival.

Looks like yours arrived early!!!

#7488 7 years ago

Ok, what are the news? When can we expect to see pictures of the *final* game, or at least populated playfield?

Thanks!

#7489 7 years ago

Wow this looks great, i'll be following Really like the layout.

#7490 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Ok, what are the news?

there's a thread somewhere...something about Alien official game news or thread, something...it should have the info you want.

#7491 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Ok, what are the news? When can we expect to see pictures of the *final* game, or at least populated playfield?
Thanks!

Hey Dave, let me point out a handy Pinside feature that will help when you're after info like this. Note that at the top of each post is a little head and shoulders silhouette icon. Click that and you'll see all the posts in this thread by that person. Click it on the OP, Heighway Pinball, and you'll get all the info you desire.

#7492 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Thanks!

Here is a image of the playfield with CAD design superimposed.

IMG_1674 (resized).JPGIMG_1674 (resized).JPG

#7493 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Hey Dave, let me point out a handy Pinside feature that will help when you're after info like this. Note that at the top of each post is a little head and shoulders silhouette icon. Click that and you'll see all the posts in this thread by that person. Click it on the OP, Heighway Pinball, and you'll get all the info you desire.

Thanks! That is pretty handy (and easier than 150 pages )

#7494 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow...I really like the look of that!

#7495 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I know these prices aren't firm yet, but if the new standard has become roughly $8.6K for an LCD Stern Premium, and Heighway is charging roughly $6.3K for their standard model, then there's a HUGE gap in the market that Stern has left for Heighway to fill.
I think once these pins are revealed at Expo, it will be clear to see that a Heighway Standard packs more features than a Stern Premium, and runs roughly $1.5-2K less. If the features & gameplay of Alien meet expectations (looking likely), and if production schedules & build quality meets consumer demand..... then Heighway is well positioned to fill this new market gap & sell a lot of machines.
Competition is a great thing At least that's how I see it.
Looking forward to making that first payment when production begins!

I agree strongly with this.

What interests me about Heighway is the features and pricing. More machine for less money? Plus supporting someone other than Stern which is milking pinheads for all they're worth? Yeah, Heighway will get my business. If I ever see a gameplay vid...

#7496 7 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Thanks!

Hi Kaneda!

#7497 7 years ago

Who is this Kaneda I see referenced throughout Pinside? Can anyone share context?

#7498 7 years ago
#7499 7 years ago

Can you please put lasers in it

#7500 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Oh man that looks bitchin! It's soooo tempting to pull the trigger on this game but I just can't get myself to buy any game without playing it first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.