DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 601.
#7351 7 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

E-Mail:
"At this time, you will also be offered additional options – such as LCD screen upgrades, if you have not already upgraded, Non- Reflective glass, Polished Chrome trim, and other options."
Deez other options...

PDI...hooray!!!!!

#7352 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

PDI...hooray!!!!!

Is it PDI for sure, and not Invisiglass?!

#7353 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can someone post their email?

PRIORITY ONE:
INSURE RETURN OF ORGANISM
FOR ANALYSIS.
ALL OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SECONDARY.
CREW EXPENDABLE.

#7354 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Is it PDI for sure, and not Invisiglass?!

I'll let Andrew officially reply.....

#7355 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

PRIORITY ONE:
FOR ANALYSIS.
CREW EXPENDABLE.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=aHjRQJZsUGg

"You were always an asshole, Gorman!"

#7356 7 years ago

I know this has been talked about already. But has anything changed? Difference between the standard and LE?

Back glass art work
Lime green powder coat
Fiber optic ramps
Shaker?
Beacons

#7357 7 years ago

From the Heighway site:

Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
◾Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
◾’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)

◾Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
◾Shaker Motor
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

#7358 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

From the Heighway site:
Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
◾Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
◾’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)
◾Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
◾Shaker Motor
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

I guess I'm more wondering what the standard will come with? Black trim?

#7359 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I guess I'm more wondering what the standard will come with? Black trim?

with Full Throttle you could choose...black, silver, chrome, whatever(chrome=extra). I went with black/black cabinet thinking that will go with most future titles in some way.

#7360 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

with Full Throttle you could choose...black, silver, chrome, whatever(chrome=extra).

The trim ends up being a wash between the 2 editions as I'm betting most LE buyers will select chrome for extra anyway. I guess we'll see what the green trim looks like, but its going to be hard to beat chrome I would imagine. What you're really getting is the LE art package, since that's the only part that I don't think you will be able to add for additional cash (oh and gloss cabinet :shrug. Speculation has been that the cost of the LE additions is going to put the standard in line with the LE, but we haven't seen any pricing as of yet to substantiate this claim. I'm in for an LE, but I'm not against downgrading if the costs and extras don't make sense to stick with the LE. For me that would have to be saving at least a grand over the LE and not really feeling love for the LE art once its revealed.

#7361 7 years ago

Doesn't the LE have the huge additional LCD?

#7362 7 years ago

Chrome on this pin clashes with the 'space trucker' aesthetic of the films...costing extra is a 2nd reason not to get it.

#7363 7 years ago

I'm all for black on black, not crime, trim.

#7364 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I beleve any additional screens are an extra. But I'm not sure

#7365 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Chrome on this pin clashes with the 'space trucker' aesthetic of the films...costing extra is a 2nd reason not to get it.

Interesting point, though the bright lime green never made any sense to me either. Dark green I could see. Still, people really love the look of chrome. Black may make the most sense from the theme perspective and the choices provided.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Its extra for the LE as well.

#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

PRIORITY ONE:
FOR ANALYSIS.
CREW EXPENDABLE.

I don't know what it says onscreen in the movie but it should be "ensure."

But you know what they say...you ooze, you loose.

#7367 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But you know what they say...you ooze, you loose.

Special Order 937Special Order 937

It says "insure", but then again corporations of that size are notoriously risk averse, so maybe they meant it.

#7368 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Interesting point, though the bright lime green never made any sense to me either. Dark green I could see. Still, people really love the look of chrome. Black may make the most sense from the theme perspective and the choices provided.

Its extra for the LE as well.

I don't think its chrome. I beleve its polished aluminum.

#7369 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tq=insure&tu

#7370 7 years ago

Dark blue powdercoat to match the Aliens part would be awesome.

--Jeff

#7371 7 years ago

No Chrome for me.......looks beautiful, but doesn't match this theme (imho), and impossible to keep the smudges off.....

#7372 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I don't think its chrome. I beleve its polished aluminum.

200 (resized).jpg200 (resized).jpg

#7373 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

the bright lime green never made any sense to me either

This is likely paying homage to the 1979 Alien poster, I think I like it although choosing between green and black would be very tough. Yellow might be interesting thinking about the xenomorph acid blood (or the original Nostromo colour), or a dark blue like way2wyrd suggested for fans of the sequel.

For the hardcore, you could do a polished zinc plate primer like Bower used for the final Nostromo.

#7374 7 years ago

I'm going Black and I'm talking trim here not men.

#7375 7 years ago

It's a tough one knowing we'll be swapping the game out in the future. Some nice green Alien colour could start to look really messy with the wrong theme. Black might be the best neutral option.

#7376 7 years ago

I stand corrected.

#7377 7 years ago

I think a black nickel option would look great on an Aliens LE and be more compatible with Full Throttle and future games.

Black-Nickel-Rings.jpgBlack-Nickel-Rings.jpg

#7378 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think a black nickel option would look great on an Aliens LE and be more compatible with Full Throttle and future games.

Good call!!! Andrew would this be an option??

#7379 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good call!!! Andrew would this be an option??

I can certainly look into it

#7380 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I can certainly look into it

Thanks. Top man Andrew

#7381 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

completely agree!!!!!

#7382 7 years ago

oh man...black nickle would look soooo goood!

#7383 7 years ago

The black nickel (or something similar) would look great. I think that would be a lot of people's first choice if that turns out to be an feasible option.

#7384 7 years ago

I would pick that for sure, already own FT LE, cannot wait to see the Alien reveal

#7385 7 years ago

I have an all-black Full Throttle LE on order. It should be here in a week or 10 days. It ought to look good with the Alien module too.

#7387 7 years ago

^^ don't let that hugger anywhere near your face.

Facehugger - The facehugger is a parasitoid; its only purpose is to make contact with the host's mouth for the implantation process, by gripping its legs around the victim's head and wrapping its tail around the host's neck. Upon making contact, the facehugger administers a cynose-based paralytic in order to render it unconscious.[32][33] During a successful attachment, the facehugger will insert a proboscis down the host's throat, supplying it with oxygen[9] while simultaneously implanting an embryo. Attempts to remove facehuggers generally prove fatal,[1] as the parasitoid will respond by tightening its tail around the host's neck, and its acidic blood prevents it from being safely cut away. In addition, its grip on the host's head is strong enough to tear the host's face off if it is forcibly removed.[9]
Once the Alien embryo is safely implanted, the facehugger detaches, crawls away and dies.

#7388 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^^ don't let that hugger anywhere near your face.

Sounds like you are pretty much dead.

#7389 7 years ago

Somewhere can we put a little nod to Spaceballs in there lol

3b0021ceca3299ceb9a3de42aa7da770 (resized).jpg3b0021ceca3299ceb9a3de42aa7da770 (resized).jpg

#7390 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Somewhere can we put a little nod to Spaceballs in there lol

That'd be awesome, but somehow I doubt Fox legal would be trilled ...

#7391 7 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked before but does FT or Alien use any kind of technology to fade the LEDs for the inserts? Something like what the LED OCD does?

#7392 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Sorry if this has been asked before but does FT or Alien use any kind of technology to fade the LEDs for the inserts? Something like what the LED OCD does?

It's designed for LEDs, unlike the old BW / DE / Capcom games, so it would be rather surprising if it didn't ...

#7393 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That'd be awesome, but somehow I doubt Fox legal would be trilled ...

Good point. Could be a good opportunity for an easter egg.

#7394 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The lighting on FT is superior in technology to any pin on the market! ALL lights including the G.I. lights are supernova L.E.D.s. Basically the color possibilities are endless & unmatched in the industry, & yes they can fade.

#7395 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good point. Could be a good opportunity for an easter egg.

Hit the launch button during multiball and a Cease & Desist letter pops up on the display?

#7396 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hit the launch button during multiball and a Cease & Desist letter pops up on the display?

Dude, this isn't Magic Girl.

#7397 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The lighting on FT is superior in technology to any pin on the market! ALL lights including the G.I. lights are supernova L.E.D.s. Basically the color possibilities are endless & unmatched in the industry, & yes they can fade.

Thought they would have it covered, but thanks for confirming!!

#7398 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Educate me please, how is it superior / different from JJP as all their lights (GI and controlled) are full RGB as well? I'm not being confrontational and don't want to turn this into a Heighway vs JJP thing, would just like to know.

#7399 7 years ago

I don't know the exact specifications on the difference, I believe Aurich does, hopefully he'll see this & chime in.
What I do know as a former WOZ owner & FT owner & having played TH several times, is that there is a difference. There are many More color options, or maybe it's better to say that the spectrum of colors is wider. Many more colors than I've ever seen on a JJP game. For instance when you win a bronze or silver or gold trophy in a challenge, the insert lights that color! Have you ever seen a Silver or bronze insert in a pin before? I haven't.
JJP is 2nd place to Heighway's tech & Stern is a laughable & distant 3rd. There's nothing wrong with JJP's lighting, it's great, but it's not as sophisticated as Heighway's.
Hopefully Aurich or one of Andrew's team will answer your question with more technical data than I have.

#7400 7 years ago

Does anyone have pricing info on LE vs Standard with LE options? I emailed Andrew last week and have not heard back. I'd like to know that and make a decision about LE vs Standard w/ options before the reveal and the possible sell out of the remaining LEs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/148?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.