DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 601.
#7101 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Sunday working on Alien plastics and streaming Summer Jam X top 16 Street Fighter.

Dude, you're not working. Your screen is completely blank. I call bullshit. Pics of what you're working on or it didn't happen.

#7102 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Sunday working on Alien plastics and streaming Summer Jam X top 16 Street Fighter.

Left screen is faulty

#7103 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Check the other Alien thread......think that one was taken a long time ago.....

heh no doubt.

#7105 7 years ago

Only slightly off topic..... from a recent Joe Bonamassa promotion.

joe egg (resized).jpgjoe egg (resized).jpg

http://jbonamassa.com/eblast/2016/sunday-cup-of-joe/episode34/

#7106 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Dude, you're not working. Your screen is completely blank. I call bullshit. Pics of what you're working on or it didn't happen.

Its not blank, blow the image up a bit. In fact you can see that he's working on possibly adding some of that hive look across the sling plastics to the inlane guide plastics.

#7107 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Those plastics look pretty cool and they're not even in color yet!

#7108 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Its not blank, blow the image up a bit. In fact you can see that he's working on possibly adding some of that hive look across the sling plastics to the inlane guide plastics.

See? Always clues if you look more carefully!

#7109 7 years ago

Pinball Expo in Chicago has released the schedule.
http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf

Thursday at 9:30 has this gem that i will be going to.

9:30 p.m. “Alien Pinball, The Official North American
Launch”
Speakers: The Heighway Pinball Team

WOOT!
Jeff

#7110 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Thursday at 9:30 has tthis gem that i will be going to.
Launch”
WOOT!
Jeff

#7111 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Launch”
WOOT!
Jeff

What's with the "NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO TAPING WILL BE ALLOWED" warning on that PDF? I recall past presentations from Expo getting posted on YouTube, and even live streamed before. Other shows post official videos from their shows. I think it's a great courtesy for those who can't attend. I guess things have changed at Expo.

Andrew.... we've seen several Heighway Alien presentations posted on YouTube from various shows in the past (ReplayFX, Freeplay Florida, DPO Expo, etc, etc). These are really invaluable to those of us who can't be at these shows, but still love to hear your insights & discussions into the production of Full Throttle & Alien.

Do you have any plans to film your Expo 2016 presentation & post it to your official YouTube channel yourself? With a title like "Alien Pinball, The Official North American Launch”, there's going to be a lot of anticipation

Just curious.

#7112 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What's with the "NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO TAPING WILL BE ALLOWED" warning on that PDF? I recall past presentations from Expo getting posted on YouTube, and even live streamed before. I guess things have changed at Expo.

I read that as just being for the Stern factory tour.

#7113 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

hat's with the "NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO TAPING WILL BE ALLOWED" warning on that PDF?

That seems to be the warning for the Stern factory tour, which is normal. Or is that stated somewhere else on the schedule?

#7114 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What's with the "NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO TAPING WILL BE ALLOWED" warning on that PDF?

You mean the box right below the Stern factory tour? I believe that mention is specific to the tour, just like the last couple years.

#7115 7 years ago

Hmmmm. I guess I read it wrong. Then again, I can't find last year's Expo presentations on YouTube either.

The point I was making is that it's nice to see these presentations posted online, and maybe Andrew has plans to do that since it's going to be a huge day for Heighway.

In any case, looking forward to the reveal

#7116 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing this, can't wait for the british launch of alien. I hope it is at the northern lights pinball show which is apart of play expo on the 8th/9th october this year here in the Uk because last october heighway brought full throttle to the show

#7117 7 years ago

One thing is for sure... wherever the Alien pin makes an appearance throughout the upcoming tour schedule, Andrew and his Team will be treated as bona fide "Rock Stars!"

#7118 7 years ago

We've already been through this once before when the Alien playfield art hit Pinside as a crappy cell phone photo first.

Andrew, please have a strategy in place to have a staffer press "Send post" the MOMENT you start talking at Expo, and post online all the media/images/video you want, so you can control the message.

Pinside averages 5000 people per day, many times however many people you will have in the room at Expo. Pinside I would say is far more important that the actual physical Expo show, so I would not treat it as an afterthought, after you spend many thousands of dollars bringing the game and staff to Expo.

As a "pinside guy", I'm one of the people that will be sitting online waiting for the news on the new game, so I know exactly how this can play out. Please be proactive and plan to have someone post whatever it is you need to Pinside immediately (9:30pm local time) that day.

#7119 7 years ago

Now that I think about it, Pinball News did basically what I'm talking about with Full Throttle, except there was no show happening then. Maybe you can work again with them and have them ready to post it at 9:30 PM.

#7120 7 years ago

Fools! The real Alien reveal will be happening at the Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo on Sept. 23rd!

http://www.vancouverflipout.com/speakers

...okay probably not, but a guy can hope for some super-secret info drop though, right?

#7121 7 years ago

Pretty decent seminar program on Thursday. (expo)

#7122 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At least for now Mirco is making the playfields. Plastics are still printed in house.

That's good news, IMO.

Whilst there've been some issues in the past, I haven't heard of any with recent manufacture dates, and the PFs on both my Funhouse and WOZ look exceptional ... immensely better than anything Stern have ever had.

#7123 7 years ago

alien pin coming real soon. great news!!

#7124 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Fools! The real Alien reveal will be happening at the Vancouver Flipout Pinball Expo on Sept. 23rd!
http://www.vancouverflipout.com/speakers

...okay probably not, but a guy can hope for some super-secret info drop though, right?

that thought had crossed my mind too

#7125 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is that a pc keyboard and mouse connected to an imac?
The design hipster gurus are very disappointed with you..

#7126 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Launch”
WOOT!
Jeff

AliensLetsRock (resized).pngAliensLetsRock (resized).png

#7127 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Do you have any plans to film your Expo 2016 presentation & post it to your official YouTube channel yourself? With a title like "Alien Pinball, The Official North American Launch”, there's going to be a lot of anticipation
Just curious.

I will definitely video it, yes

Quoted from frolic:

Andrew, please have a strategy in place to have a staffer press "Send post" the MOMENT you start talking at Expo, and post online all the media/images/video you want, so you can control the message.

Yes, that's a valid point. I will look into the possibilities of live streaming it. In any case, I will have somebody to press the button at the same time

We may well have a UK/Global launch the week before - so by the time of Expo, you may already have news

#7128 7 years ago

#7129 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Yes, that's a valid point. I will look into the possibilities of live streaming it. In any case, I will have somebody to press the button at the same time

I might could be bribed not to post my crappy cell phone pics with a few beer at Twin Peaks or being assigned #426.

--Jeff

#7130 7 years ago

Hi Andrew. Is the goal to have the Alien game also flippable for attendees at the booth? I'll be there and am pumped for the reveal!

PinBalt (#57)

#7131 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi Andrew. Is the goal to have the Alien game also flippable for attendees at the booth? I'll be there and am pumped for the reveal!
PinBalt (#57)

The game should be flippable by this Friday again - so there shouldn't be any issues by Expo.

The question will be, how many games can we get there

Games won't be flippable until after the launch

#7132 7 years ago

The game should be flippable by this Friday again - so there shouldn't be any issues by Expo.
The question will be, how many games can we get there

Thanks for all the extra information Andrew.
For those that can't be there this is invaluable to be able to make an informed decision to buy.

#7133 7 years ago

all I want to know is can I take my kit home from Expo to drop in my FullT on route?

#7134 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all I want to know is can I take my kit home from Expo to drop in my FullT on route?

That would be awesome but seems unlikely.

#7135 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Is that a pc keyboard and mouse connected to an imac?
The design hipster gurus are very disappointed with you..

Hell yeah, Apple keyboards and mice suck. I need an ergo keyboard and a multibutton mouse, I never use the included Apple ones.

#7136 7 years ago

Somebody let Teekee know...

Seriously though, great news. I'm looking forward to it.

#7137 7 years ago

Bump for prototype being "flippable" on Friday. STOKED!IMG_00005553 (resized).jpgIMG_00005553 (resized).jpgIMG_00005555 (resized).jpgIMG_00005555 (resized).jpg

#7138 7 years ago

While we wait; Comic Con International Aliens 30th year Hall H panel. Some good facts with the cast.

#7139 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

While we wait; Comic Con International Aliens 30th year Hall H panel. Some good facts with the cast.
» YouTube video

Very cool. Thx for posting this.

#7140 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hell yeah, Apple keyboards and mice suck. I need an ergo keyboard and a multibutton mouse, I never use the included Apple ones.

I have no issue with their new keyboard. Ditched the mouse for Magic Trackpad 2 and haven't looked back.

#7141 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I have no issue with their new keyboard. Ditched the mouse for Magic Trackpad 2 and haven't looked back.

When Apple makes a keyboard that isn't flat as a pancake I'm happy to try it, but until then they're RSI city for me. I use Microsoft Naturals and Logitech Waves, they both let me type with my hands in a proper neutral position, instead of over pronating. And I hate doing graphic work with a trackpad, they're just not precise enough input devices. Fine for web browsing etc, but that's about all I can take.

Alien has been all done with a Logitech mouse and a Wacom Cintiq, if anyone cares.

#7142 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien has been all done with a Logitech mouse and a Wacom Cintiq, if anyone cares.

I need to get you a headset.

#7143 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I imagined your workstation for this project differently...

rJiefM9 (resized).jpgrJiefM9 (resized).jpg

#7144 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I imagined your workstation for this project differently...

Ahhh...dirty space trucker cockpit, Ridley you're a genius!

#7145 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When Apple makes a keyboard that isn't flat as a pancake I'm happy to try it, but until then they're RSI city for me. I use Microsoft Naturals and Logitech Waves, they both let me type with my hands in a proper neutral position, instead of over pronating. And I hate doing graphic work with a trackpad, they're just not precise enough input devices. Fine for web browsing etc, but that's about all I can take.

You need to pick up one of these: FK403-Left-890 (resized).jpgFK403-Left-890 (resized).jpg

http://matias.ca/ergopro/pc/

I've been using mine for over a year now and couldn't live without it. Once you experience the joy of a split keyboard you'll never want to go back! I use the Mac variant.

...unless, of course, you do a lot of one-handed keyboarding while working a tablet with the other...

#7146 7 years ago

edit: wrong thread

#7147 7 years ago

I'm unsure if this has been asked before and i've not noticed but I have been thinking about this for some time; let's just say that I got the standard edition of Alien at some point, used or nib and later down the line I was interested in an upcomming title but this time a limited edition version. Can that happen a Limited Edition kit in a previous standerd edition game ? Can only a limited edition kit run on a previous limited edition game, same can be said with the basic model ?

#7148 7 years ago

Sure, any playfield edition can be put in any cabinet and work just fine but there is no such thing as a "limited edition kit" that Heighway will be selling. Still, any playfield you get a hold of can be accessorized with the parts that come with the LE through optional parts purchases from Heighway, except they won't sell the exclusive LE asthetic bits seperately.

At least, that's the idea of how things are going to work I believe.

#7149 7 years ago

Here is an update for you.

Alien pre-production builds still going well. One game fully wired underneath and the other half a day behind.

Pre Production Aliens (resized).jpgPre Production Aliens (resized).jpg

#7150 7 years ago

Quick! Someone drive over there and take a picture through the window!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.