DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 601.
#7052 7 years ago

I played FT at Pintastic both years and think this is a great game. Love the license on Alien. Wish I had the jing to plunk down on one of these.

#7053 7 years ago

In the year 2525 someone might see a pic of the alien pinball machine. Wait, change that to 3535.

Ha!

Yes I have cried a billion tears every time I look at this thread and expect to see some pics.

dougram69

#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

In the official Alien Pinball thread, I would think Andrew was offering to answer questions about game development/production, not about his company's financial status. I don't believe Andrew would answer such a delicate question in a public internet forum. No sane business person would do a thing like that.
Are you already in and have made a deposit for the game?
Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

Considering how much these machines cost and that there have been several fiascos with people losing money to various pinball companies it is perfectly valid to ask questions about the business. If these questions linger it simply erodes consumer confidence.

The questions were answered. No big deal. Some people may not have the courage to raise them.

#7055 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a F ing joke this is!
Looking forward to the Alien reveal soon.

Ditto....saw all the posts and thought I missed something. Pathetic is a word that comes to mind ( that I can post). Alien time soon!!!

Andrew- class act, period!!!

#7056 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Considering how much these machines cost and that there have been several fiascos with people losing money to various pinball companies it is perfectly valid to ask questions about the business. If these questions linger it simply erodes consumer confidence.
The questions were answered. No big deal. Some people may not have the courage to raise them.

On a public forum, as opposed to verifying/ pursuing in legitimate fashion ? No.....f&@k no...just stupid. My last post regarding this topic in an otherwise amazing, generally calm thread.

There is excitement around the corner!!!

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

On a public forum, as opposed to verifying/ pursuing in legitimate fashion ? No.....f&@k no...just stupid. My last post regarding this topic in an otherwise amazing, generally calm thread.
There is excitement around the corner!!!

How else would you do it in a fashion that would alleviate concerns for a multitude of people? By going to his house and then skywriting the answers?

#7058 7 years ago

I would again like to re-iterate: *no one is forcing anyone to preorder/put down a deposit on this game*

If you don't feel comfortable with putting down a deposit, then don't. There won't be any shortage of machines available for purchase once it's released. It's that simple.

#7059 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would again like to re-iterate: *no one is forcing anyone to preorder/put down a deposit on this game*
If you don't feel comfortable with putting down a deposit, then don't. There won't be any shortage of machines available for purchase once it's released. It's that simple.

Exactly. If you're afraid for the longevity of the company then wait and don't buy right now.

#7060 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

How else would you do it in a fashion that would alleviate concerns for a multitude of people? By going to his house and then skywriting the answers?

Yes, maybe out of respect it would be wise to first verify your story with the person it concerns and then go public with it. Seems like a normal procedure, gossip papers, drama seekers and respectless people are excluded from this off course

#7063 7 years ago

It's a shame you see this kind of bashing all the time now. People should let people be happy and excited about all these new companies and games. The fact that these companies take part in pinside is amazing to me, and they have feelings too. Pinball is a lot of work, and I am very grateful and excited to be able to have so many choices these days. Aliens is going to be amazing, keep up the great work to all who are involved. Never stop dreaming.

#7064 7 years ago

I haven't actually posted anything on pinside in over 3 months. Every time I log in it's just an off-topic bitchfest on every single thread. Can the Mods just boot everyone from this thread except Heighway and their reps so next time there is a new post we know it'll be news?

#7065 7 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I haven't actually posted anything on pinside in over 3 months. Every time I log in it's just an off-topic bitchfest on every single thread. Can the Mods just boot everyone from this thread except Heighway and their reps so next time there is a new post we know it'll be news?

love that idea...

#7066 7 years ago

what if a new section of the forum for "official" company announcements was created whereby the owners of the IPs (and only the owners) could create a thread and "announce" game releases. I don't think we'd see stern in there, but it might be a great platform for heighway, spooky, PPS and the other boutique companies

these "official" announcement pages could have links to all of the relevant discussion threads (created by the moderators), but this way, we could have a clean, [strictly the facts] thread where all of the available and disseminated information could be easily found (rather than having to wade through countless pages of whining and name-calling and other non-related discussions

just my 2 cents

#7067 7 years ago

Lets keep this on track

I know you cant show us Andrew but hows the build going of the first production machines?

#7068 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Knowledge is power and educated people can learn or remain naive. And I didn't create any dirt.

Man, you are REALLY pissed at Aurich lol

#7069 7 years ago

Can the Mods just boot everyone from this thread except Heighway and their reps so next time there is a new post we know it'll be news?

You can just go to heighways first post and click on the black head and shoulders in the upper right and it will only show his posts so you don't have to see all the others.

#7070 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In my opinion, Alien will be successfully made and delivered. It's the long term viability of the company that should concern people.
And you can spin the word "Dissolved" any way you like. Look at the facts. He has a business record of 100% dissolved business.

You sound like one of the googly-eyed hacks on Fox News trying to drum up a scare story or promote the next war by using language that the grossly ignorant will find intimidating.

It's patently obvious you have an axe to grind for some reason, and know exactly what you're doing.

On the subject of the game, I may go for a look-see next week.

#7071 7 years ago

I didn't mention this before, but after this latest round of bullshit....I thought I would share (to get back on track). I emailed Heighway about a month ago to discuss my LE number. I learned #500 is already taken....so I'm cool with whatever number I'm given now.

I also asked Heighway if it was possible to hear the call out from Hicks when the ball drains..... "Forget him, he's gone!" Andrew said everybody always wants to hear "Game Over Man, Game Over." Andrew liked the idea of the Hicks call out. I told Andrew, "Dude, do you know the serious drunken fueled bragging rights I would have on unboxing night? People hear "Forget him, he's gone!" ...and I can say...that was my idea!

So very curious to see if the Hicks call out makes it in there for a ball drain, OR if Andrew was politely saying...yea yea yea...go away.

Can't wait to get my LE!

#7072 7 years ago

Came in looking for the red-hot Alien Pinball news.... second time I've needed this gif in this thread....
ron.gifron.gif

#7073 7 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Came in looking for the red-hot Alien Pinball news.... second time I've needed this gif in this thread....

I love that gif.....

#7074 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I didn't mention this before, but after this latest round of bullshit....I thought I would share (to get back on track). I emailed Heighway about a month ago to discuss my LE number. I learned #500 is already taken....so I'm cool with whatever number I'm given now.
I also asked Heighway if it was possible to hear the call out from Hicks when the ball drains..... "Forget him, he's gone!" Andrew said everybody always wants to hear "Game Over Man, Game Over." Andrew liked the idea of the Hicks call out. I told Andrew, "Dude, do you know the serious drunken fueled bragging rights I would have on unboxing night? People hear "Forget him, he's gone!" ...and I can say...that was my idea!
So very curious to see if the Hicks call out makes it in there for a ball drain, OR if Andrew was politely saying...yea yea yea...go away.
Can't wait to get my LE!

Sweet!!! Maybe he will alternate them.....LE Fever setting in again!!!

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Lets keep this on track
I know you cant show us Andrew but hows the build going of the first production machines?

Very well. The race is on to get the first 2 pre-production games built by a week today. It was meant to be 3, but one playfield got damaged. The third playfield is still due to arrive by the end of next week.

The ball guides should be ready by Mon/Tue.

The wireform ramps should be ready by mid-week

The new pop bumper eggs and Queen models arrived 2 days ago.

The new Xeno mech model and jumping facehuggers are due to arrive by mid week.

Most sub-assemblies are complete.

The electronics are already being wired in.

The left ramp (metal), reverso and shooter bracket are due Tue/Wed. The middle ramp is tight, but is being pushed for Friday.

There's some other stuff that will be bolted on by next week, tested and then revealed later. This amounts to 3 key features that are secret at this point.

#7076 7 years ago

Exciting news! Thank you.

How are things going on the FOX approvals?

#7077 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

You can just go to heighways first post and click on the black head and shoulders in the upper right and it will only show his posts so you don't have to see all the others.

You can also "follow" Andrew and other industry people using the "pulse" feature. I follow Andrew and Gerry from Multimorphic. Then you will be able to keep track of their posts. Just hover over their avatar picture and click on the follow icon.

#7078 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Exciting news! Thank you.
How are things going on the FOX approvals?

Once the build is complete, and the game is working - still scheduled for the end of this month - then it will be submitted immediately to FOX for approval

#7079 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The race is on to get the first 2 pre-production games built by a week today.

The left ramp (metal), reverso and shooter bracket are due Tue/Wed. The middle ramp is tight, but is being pushed for Friday.

Looking forward to seeing the game Andrew and like your optimism but somehow I don't think all of those things are going to come together by next week. Best of Luck though.

#7080 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Looking forward to seeing the game Andrew and like your optimism but somehow I don't think all of those things are going to come together by next week. Best of Luck though.

Good to see you have the inside scoop. This shit is why JJP, Stern, and others dont post on Pinside anymore

#7081 7 years ago

Once the build is complete, and the game is working - still scheduled for the end of this month - then it will be submitted immediately to FOX for approval

Sounding like the home stretch in site for proto!!! You, your company, and this killer machine are good in my ( and suspect many others) book. My take.....don't feel like you have to cut a corner to meet a deadline. I'd rather have the full realization of you and your teams vision for this title, and it be solid. Quality in the finished goods will make the extended wait anxiety vanish in a heartbeat....

New popper eggs and Queen models??.....I can't wait to see/ play/ own this thing!!!

#7082 7 years ago

Very well. The race is on to get the first 2 pre-production games built by a week today. It was meant to be 3, but one playfield got damaged. The third playfield is still due to arrive by the end of next week.
There's some other stuff that will be bolted on by next week, tested and then revealed later. This amounts to 3 key features that are secret at this point.

Thats awesome Im thinking there will be more than 3 features that will still be a suprise for most lol

Hopefully it all goes as planned, Im excited to see the video once done (and approved)

#7083 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats awesome Im thinking there will be more than 3 features that will still be a suprise for most lol
Hopefully it all goes as planned, Im excited to see the video once done (and approved)

Aware of one of them....a real game changer....have no idea of the other 2.....can't wait!!!

#7084 7 years ago

Well I don't know anything. I'm happy to wait for a reveal. ...But I think it's fun to speculate...

These 3 key "features?"
They have to be "bolted on."
They have to be "tested"... infers they're operative... perhaps even interactive?

"Secret"... infers they haven't been discussed before. So my guesses...

1 Caterpillar P-5000 Work Loader
2 Space Jockey
3 Hmmm...?

I'm on pins and needles.

#7085 7 years ago

There's some other stuff that will be bolted on by next week, tested and then revealed later

I heard from a very good source that on a multi player game the loser gets acid sprayed in their face and the mouth comes out of the mouth and rips out their throat. Clean up is kind of a bitch and they recommend tile flooring.

#7086 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Good to see you have the inside scoop. This shit is why JJP, Stern, and others dont post on Pinside anymore

Because I said I thought it was doubtful all those things would come together in a single week?

I fully support Andrew and am in on an LE. I guess it's just my way of lowering expectations so there is less grumbling when timelines are missed.

#7087 7 years ago

We even get insights in the production schedule

Very exciting news. I love secrets

#7088 7 years ago

nvm

#7089 7 years ago

And after all the shit flinging Andrew comes back with more positive updates.
Now that's a class act. That how it's done.

Good luck with the proto builds Andrew. Hope these things are a huge success.

#7090 7 years ago

is # 426 taken ; P

#7091 7 years ago

I'm hoping to play a full production model with the kinks worked out at the Texas show this Spring.

#7092 7 years ago

Excited for the future!

#7093 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I'm hoping to play a full production model with the kinks worked out at the Texas show this Spring.

I'm hoping to play a full production model in my basement this winter.

#7094 7 years ago

I'm curious as to why you have to wait on the playfields to be shipped in? From your tour at last year's UK Pinball Party, you showed off a CNC machine for cutting the playfields as well as an injection-molding machine for making inserts, a paint booth for finishing, and an expensive printer for direct ink printing on them. I know your goal was to have all the playfields made in-house and guess thought you were already doing so with Full Throttle?

(talks about playfields @ 20min mark)

Thanks for the update, sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you!

#7095 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I'm curious as to why you have to wait on the playfields to be shipped in? From your tour at last year's UK Pinball Party, you showed off a CNC machine for cutting the playfields as well as an injection-molding machine for making inserts, a paint booth for finishing, and an expensive printer for direct ink printing on them. I know your goal was to have all the playfields made in-house and guess thought you were already doing so with Full Throttle? » YouTube video (talks about playfields @ 20min mark)
Thanks for the update, sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you!

I believe the playfields are made by the company 'Mirco Playfields' from Germany.

#7096 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

is # 426 taken ; P

Check the other Alien thread......think that one was taken a long time ago.....

#7097 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

I'm curious as to why you have to wait on the playfields to be shipped in?

At least for now Mirco is making the playfields. Plastics are still printed in house.

#7098 7 years ago

I gotta say I'm looking forward to this reveal...have zero interest in FT, but this looks like it could be a winner. Lots of potential. Still, I'll be waiting for a final shipping product before deciding.

#7099 7 years ago
#7100 7 years ago

Spending my Sunday working on Alien plastics and streaming Summer Jam X top 16 Street Fighter.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.