zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 601.
#7001 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August.

We are here! It should be any day now.

#7002 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

We are here! It should be any day now.

I think we are looking at early to mid Oct before we see anything.

#7003 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think we are looking at early to mid Oct before we see anything.

I believe they were targeting October for the date when production was to begin. I'm hoping we see something before that time. Once the game is complete and final approval is given from Fox, which should be before production would start.

#7004 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

final approval is given from Fox

They are all on holiday in Bora Bora this time of year

#7005 7 years ago

I thought I read that the US reveal of the game would be at Expo in Chicago. True?

#7006 7 years ago

Hi everyone.
Ok, it's time to give you all an update.
I stated a few months ago that we were aiming to have the bulk of the game finished in August, and to work at the big reveal.
Essentially, nothing has changed, and we feel we are on schedule.
Our latest Alien playfields, which we are calling our pre-production playfields, will be ready to ship to us in days. The latest parts, such as ball guides, wireform ramps, modelled toys, etc... are all being manufactured now.
Everything is tied in to build these 3 games in the middle of the month. 2 games will go to members of our development team and 1 remains with us here.
The game coding is already at an advanced stage - so will simply migrate from our existing prototype to the pre-production models later in the month.
Once at least one of the games is completed then we will be shooting the official promo video. The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point, we will be dealing directly with FOX in Los Angeles, as opposed to FOX Europe first. Also, at this point, a lot of the core material has already been approved by FOX so it will be case of approving a finished, or nearly-finished, composition.
Once the official promo video is approved, we will show this publicly as soon as possible. Once the game itself has been officially approved then we will immediately begin production. Subject to a speedy approval, we still intend to start manufacturing games in September this year, with the first games shipping out by the end of October 2016. We want as many of our customers as possible to be playing their games by Christmas 2016.
Are these timeframes realistic? I am sure you are asking yourselves this question. We can't deny the delays we have experienced up to this point - but many of the delays have been down to stabilising our hardware and software platforms, and dealing with suppliers for the first time. We believe that we are now at a position where we can shortly mass produce reliable pinball machines. We have learnt a lot over the last few years.
So when will you be able to play this game in person? The official global launch of this game will likely take place in London in September, or early October. The official North American launch is scheduled for Pinball Expo in October.
Thanks for reading and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
Andrew

#7007 7 years ago

Thanks! I just moved to Chicago (today) and will definitely be at Expo. I ordered the Alien conversion kit with the beacons and fiber optic ramps. Melissa from CoinTaker says my Full Throttle LE should be here in another two weeks or so.

#7008 7 years ago

The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point,

end of month then waiting for approval so doubtful we will see the video before Oct, in my opinion not going to happen but whats a few more weeks.

#7009 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks! I just moved to Chicago (today)

Welcome to Chicagoland!

#7010 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Welcome to Chicagoland!

Thanks Razorbak! We are returning to our home town after 28 years on the road with various airlines. Feels great to be back home.

#7011 7 years ago

Thanks for reading and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
Andrew

Hi Andrew

A simple Google search of you and your business history over multiple years is quite revealing. I'm wondering if you can explain all of this. Also, can you explain why on June 4th, 2015 Heighway Pinball's credit rating was downgraded from A to D and it remains there.

Links and screen shots attached.

https://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/director/uk/907506554/?companyNumber=03363962

https://www.duedil.com/director/916951061/andrew-sebastian-heighway/directorships

H-1_(resized).pngH-1_(resized).png
H-2_(resized).pngH-2_(resized).png
H-_3_(resized).pngH-_3_(resized).png
H-_5_(resized).pngH-_5_(resized).png

H-_4_(resized).pngH-_4_(resized).png

#7012 7 years ago

I'm confident his investors also know how to do a Google search if needed.
What a sad attempt of digging up some dirt.

#7013 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I don't know where you have been the last couple years, but company stability is actually kind of a big deal now.
Also, Andrew asked for questions, and a question got asked. As the head of a company, I would assume you get asked aboot the stability of your company quite a bit.

#7014 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Knowledge is power and educated people can learn or remain naive. And I didn't create any dirt.

#7015 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Also, Andrew asked for questions, and a question got asked. As the head of a company, I would assume you get asked aboot the stability of your company quite a bit.

In the official Alien Pinball thread, I would think Andrew was offering to answer questions about game development/production, not about his company's financial status. I don't believe Andrew would answer such a delicate question in a public internet forum. No sane business person would do a thing like that.

Are you already in and have made a deposit for the game?
Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

#7016 7 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Just ask for a refund if you're worried.

So if I had monies in this (I do not) the only choice is to pull out instead of listening to an answer aboot the company I would be purchasing it from? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I'm just an observer commenting on something you took offense to that I did not.

#7017 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So if I had monies in this (I do not) the only choice is to pull out instead of listening to an answer aboot the company I would be purchasing it from? Doesn't make much sense to me.
I'm just an observer commenting on something you took offense to that I did not.

I agree with fishbone on this one. Calling a history of being part of multiple companies being "revealing and scary", and "do your investors know" is an attempt to stir shit and nothing more imo.

#7018 7 years ago

Companies generally do not discuss things like credit rating with people who have no stake in it, and usually not customers, just people who have a financial stake in the company. TL;DR: as a customer you have no business asking...you either deal with the company or you don't. Luckily for customers, this is the reason a one-time small deposit is good. Worst case scenario, you're out a small amount, and if the game comes out and you don't like it, get a refund. It's not like it's an all-or-nothing scenario like you're presenting it. Anyways, if you're not a customer, relax, it doesn't matter. I choose to believe in Heighway, and if that ends up burning me on my deposit, so be it. Nobody is forcing anyone to take a risk on this: you can just wait until the game comes out and get it then.

If I had to guess as to why the credit rating is lower, it's because Heighway is taking all the risk. Do you think those deposits are paying to build the games? To pay to tour around and show it off and hype it up? There are all kinds of things that cost money in setting up a company, and if you're borrowing money to do that, it's going to hurt your credit. Just a theory, though. I have no idea. I'm just a guy on the internet.

Edit: Just to note, failed companies is something every entrepreneur should have on their resume. If you've never failed, you have no idea why you're succeeding and how to avoid failure in the future.

#7019 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Calling a history of being part of multiple companies being "revealing and scary", and "do your investors know" is an attempt to stir shit and nothing more imo.

I can agree with this and have edited my comments.

#7020 7 years ago

Looks like some people do listen to the unmentionable podcast?

#7021 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hi Andrew
A simple Google search of you and your business history over multiple years is quite revealing. I'm wondering if you can explain all of this. Also, can you explain why on June 4th, 2015 Heighway Pinball's credit rating was downgraded from A to D and it remains there.

We were a Research & Development company for 3.5 years. R&D companies lose money.

We started shipping games last summer.

#7022 7 years ago

We were a Research & Development company for 3.5 years. R&D companies lose money.
We started shipping games last summer.

And could you please explain all of the dissolved company's from your past going back to 1995 with Heighway Leisure LTD?
Those website don't show anything successful or even sustaining for any length of time.

#7023 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And could you please explain all of the dissolved company's from your past going back to 1995 with Heighway Leisure LTD?
Those website don't show anything successful.

To you, sorry - no, I'm not going to explain my life story.

FYI - a dissolved company does not automatically mean the company has failed. An unused or dormant company also gets dissolved at some point.

#7024 7 years ago

To you, sorry - no, I'm not going to explain my life story.

That's your prerogative but it's more than just me you'd be explaining to. I'm not the only one with concerns here. And I think these unanswered questions will linger for you and create doubt. What a pity.

#7025 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's your prerogative but it's more than just me you'd be explaining to. I'm not the only one with concerns here. And I think these unanswered questions will linger for you and create doubt. What a pity.

Let it go, you got answers. It was just not what you wanted to hear, not enough drama for you No need to keep digging for something that is not there. Heighway has proven they can produces games. And Alien will speak for itself.

#7026 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Down vote me if you want but I think $h!t stirring will create doubt. It's not like they are asking for full payment up front. They are shipping games for pete's sake. It takes money to pay for development and parts and labor. Give them a chance. If you have money down and are that nervous get your deposit back and then you can say I told you so later.

#7027 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And I think these unanswered questions will linger for you and create doubt.

Doubt about what? In all honesty Heighway has successfully produced The Bacardi game and Full Throttle. Both of these games have shipped and been well received.

Are you doubtful that he can do it again? Because of a website listing dissolved companies? That sir is crazy. Any true entrepreneur has dissolved or closed companys, changed names, been thru money losing periods. Hard work and dedication get you thru those moments.

We the public have seen the prototype Alien however briefly in the youtube video.

Its real, its being made and its coming fast and IMHO you are just here stirring the pot for some unknown agenda

--Jeff

#7028 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

why the witch hunt all of a sudden Kim?

Are there really concerns here? Heighway has delivered a bunch of Full Throttles to large aclaim and praise. Their customer service has been nothing short of amazing. They seem to be very deep into development of Aliens with expected reveal in the near future and I would assume a flippable game/prototype at Expo in under 2 months.

Companies come and go but by all accounts the current Heighway is doing alot of things right.

#7029 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ok. I'll answer you, even though you clearly have an alterior motive.

Andrew Heighway Racing - I used to race cars. I stopped. Company closed down as it was inactive.

Twenty Twenty - I was a self employed sales executive, then manager, then director. I moved to Ireland and the company closed down for being inactive.

The other companies I was Company Secretary only - for my employers at the time - who were pushing through an IPO. That's a public listing, if you're not familiar with UK company workings.

Is that enough of an explanation for you?

#7030 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anyone who is concerned with the list of dissolved companies and finds Andrew's answers to be unsatisfactory is being wilfully ignorant.

Look up any seasoned business person in a Companies Register and you SHOULD find a long list of previous ventures. A business marked as "dissolved" isn't alarming, it just means it has been struck off. "Dissolved" sounds like a bad word — but only to the ignorant.

#7031 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Doubt= Don't Buy!
Confidence= Small Deposit!
Concerned= Wait, try then buy!

It's really quite simple, you're just being an A$$!
Yet, Andrew answered you like a true gentleman.

#7032 7 years ago

Mr68 why do you care? I'm paid in full and don't care at all so I'm just curious as to ur motive here.

#7033 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why the witch hunt all of a sudden Kim?

He follows me around trying to harp on everything I say (I guess, I have him on ignore, but I've peeked a few times when people quote ignored people and it's always him) so maybe this is just an extension of that since I'm involved.

All because he got called out for making a tasteless sexist joke inappropriately. I think I told him it was creepy or something, it wasn't personal, it was really out of line to say it, especially in a thread about women being harassed at Expo. I would have said it to anyone, I believe you should speak up when you see that kind of behavior. It's kind of sad really. I had to put him on ignore because I didn't want to get his abusive PMs anymore after that.

Kim, grow up. Tell me to my face if you have problems, it's pathetic to go around trying to trash talk me on a forum, you're just making yourself look bad. And trying to drag a pinball company down is just low. This isn't Jpop or Kevin, people are buying Full Throttles and getting them. If you got burned by those people don't take it out on Andrew.

It's a 'new' company, there are going to be struggles, this is a really hard industry. But pinball fans trying to make it harder is pretty weak.

I don't really think he deserves any further answers or attention, it's clear he has an agenda. I won't be speaking about it in this thread anymore, you can PM me if you have questions or anything.

#7034 7 years ago

ENOUGH....just F-ing enough... I STG some of the folks on here would bitch about a free lemonade stand. And before anybody asks...yes I have skin in the game.....I put a deposit down on an LE very early, in fact right in the middle of the whole chaos of Predator and the beginning of rumblings about TBL. Andrew don't indulge answering another question from Mr.68... and for the record my name is Jeff Goad....and I will stand behind anything I say on here...not going to hide anonymously under my Pinside handle. Andrew and Heighway have been as honest and upfront about their products and timelines more than any other pinball manufacture out there. Have there been missed deadlines..yep...did he own up to them and say why..yep. Have I had personal miscommunications with Heighway and Andrew yes. Did he correct them, get back to me and offer to call me personally to talk and apologize and to give me his number for any future issues...100% yes. Mr.68 I'm know talking directly to you...what's your problem? Not enough hugs as a child? You come into this thread, take a verbal dump in the middle of it and wonder why people are not happy??? I doubt anyone whose on here would want their life choices and issues and work issues have the bright light of the internet shined upon them. Heighway is a Pinball company making quality pinball machines.... That's all you need to worry about...oh wait you don't have to worry you haven't put anything into this except a verbal attack. So what's in your wallet??? Bump me, suspend me down vote me, don't care, but enough is enough.

#7035 7 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Doubt= Don't Buy!
Confidence= Small Deposit!
Concerned= Wait, try then buy!
It's really quite simple, your just being an A$$!
Yet, Andrew answered you like a true gentleman.

This sums it up perfectly. Highway has proven they can manufacture and deliver games. That's hard to do and they've done it. I look forward to seeing Alien and will likely get one and an FT kit at the same time.

#7036 7 years ago

At last year's Texas Pinball Festival I met Andrew and Melissa and was very impressed with both of them. Over the three days of the TPF, my wife and I played Full Throttle more than any other game at the show.

Because I loved the GB theme, I ordered a GB LE. But when the playfield issues arose, I got a refund and ordered a Full Throttle LE from Melissa at CoinTaker, fully paid for it and put a deposit on the Alien conversion kit with beacons and fibre optics.

That is the level of faith I have in these folks. My FT LE will be here in 2-3 weeks - gloss black cabinet and black glass magazine/trim and 27" screen. Should look good with Alien too!

#7037 7 years ago

Hmmm....this is way less interesting than when this thread got derailed by Traci Lords...

Seriously though, Andrew, don't waste your time responding to this kind of crap. Go get Alien ready to show!

#7038 7 years ago

This forum gets crazier by the day. Of all the new businesses that are started every day, only a few survive. That is a fact of doing business. The fact that someone was involved with a business that is listed as closed does not say anything about that person without the proper context. This is just witchhunting.

I would be more interested in this information when Heighway Pinball had only made promises, but they are sending Pinball machines around the world as we speak. For me it seems normal that a credit rating falls whenever a company is spending more then it is getting in. That is what I think - I have no financial information at all - is happening because Highway does not oblige their buyers to pay in full upfront. They are doing it the right way and that costs money, but when it for some reason should go south, the buyer does not suffer a tremendous loss.

I think if anything, Heighway Pinball should be applauded that they have chosen to work like this. This way is the only way that makes it possible for them to be a stable business as soon as possible. They do not have to fill in the financial holes of the previous machine with their current machine as I think some other companies have to.

Just my $0.02

#7039 7 years ago

ooof...this was all kinda cringe worthy to me.

#7040 7 years ago

In on Alien LE and being fully paid. Not nervous at all. I do trust Andrew personally and this should be remarkable as I've had a significant monetary loss @Predatorgate (@Kevin: shame on you!).
'Nuff Said!

#7041 7 years ago

Id trust Andrew to run any Business I had the opportunity to be involved in.

My Respect as well, Andrew, for addressing this publicly and with speed.

I would think if you have these personal business questions that are important to you,
you should email him or anyone else personally, and privately first.

I think thats what bothers me about this.

#7042 7 years ago

In my opinion, Alien will be successfully made and delivered. It's the long term viability of the company that should concern people.
And you can spin the word "Dissolved" any way you like. Look at the facts. He has a business record of 100% dissolved business.

#7043 7 years ago

Time to move the discussion back to the actual Alien Pinball Machine.

Mr68 has made his point clear.
Andrew has answered questions and responded in kind.

If there is any more discussion to be had, please move it to private message.

Thanks.

Marcus

#7044 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In my opinion, Alien will be successfully made and delivered. It's the long term viability of the company that should concern people.
And you can spin the word "Dissolved" any way you like. Look at the facts. He has a business record of 100% dissolved business.

Are you worried about parts supplies? Vid has stated that trying to get parts for Sterns is terribly hard. So even a company that's been around long term doesn't keep a good supply of parts.

#7045 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's my record with all my past businesses as well. Each time I moved on to start something else or work another job, I dissolved them. What have you done with your past businesses when you've been ready to move onto something else?

#7046 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What have you done with your past businesses when you've been ready to move onto something else?

I sold them.

(Edit: Apologies to moderators and I will no longer respond to questions.)

#7047 7 years ago

What a F ing joke this is!

Looking forward to the Alien reveal soon.

#7048 7 years ago

Oops picture wouldn't attach. Never mind.

#7049 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

The game I played was crystal clear.
That brings up a good question, can anyone with a FT that has been on route/had a ton of plays confirm it doesn't fog over/get blurry with wear?

I think it's hips with a thin film over it. You might have played a game with the film on it.

#7050 7 years ago

Fuck, I thought there was some actual news about Alien Pinball.

Damn you topic on fire icon, you win again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.