DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 601.
#6951 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure about the rotating chamber, reminds me of the Joker toy from TDK, which I am not a fan of. Have to wait and see it in action.

I could be wrong but I think this toy is supposed to have another little LCD display on it. That would definitely make it awesome.

#6952 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Are these timeframes realistic?

Thanks for the update Andrew and its fantastic that we are getting really close!

I'm hoping the timeline is "realistic" but if we get to see the game by Expo and pins start shipping in December I'll be thrilled.

#6953 7 years ago

The thought of playing mine by Christmas is beyond exciting!!!!!!

#6954 7 years ago

we will be getting a game very soon. if I get mine in next 6 mos ill be very happy!! thanks for the update very exciting times for pinball!

#6955 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The thought of playing mine by Christmas is beyond exciting!!!!!!

That is exciting, but makes me wonder whether i should be extra conservative in setting my cash aside just it case it happens to be before xmas. I was realistically expecting early next year for my LE. Would be great if they were ahead of schedule though.

#6956 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That is exciting, but makes me wonder whether i should be extra conservative in setting my cash aside just it case it happens to be before xmas. I was realistically expecting early next year for my LE. Would be great if they were ahead of schedule though.

Generally, probably a good move to have cash or means ready when commitment made ( just my opinion, though). Doesn't mean you pay before you have to ( I'm not), but ready to move when it's time to buy.

#6957 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Generally, probably a good move to have cash or means ready when commitment made ( just my opinion, though). Doesn't mean you pay before you have to ( I'm not), but ready to move when it's time to buy.

Yeah, I'm not skipping out on the mortgage is anything like that so I'm fine with whatever, just curious really. Trying to plan an xmas vacation to Disney for the wife and what not

#6958 7 years ago

Is this the topper??

topper_spotted_(resized).pngtopper_spotted_(resized).png

#6959 7 years ago

I was really hoping they would drop the light strip at the top of the playfield. I really washes out the upper playfield on FT and makes for some harsh shadows on the front of the figures etc. Still excited to play the game but that really bugged me on FT.

#6960 7 years ago

Very exited for my day one order to arrive. Will we be contacted to choose options or should we reach out to Heighway? Screen size, maybe chrome option like on FTH, Etc?

#6961 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I was really hoping they would drop the light strip at the top of the playfield. I really washes out the upper playfield on FT and makes for some harsh shadows on the front of the figures etc. Still excited to play the game but that really bugged me on FT.

We agree. We are looking for this to disappear on Alien. We have some lighting solutions being tested now. In particular, I have never been happy with our GI, so we are developing a much brighter design that can still be toned down. All will become clear about this soon.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Very exited for my day one order to arrive. Will we be contacted to choose options or should we reach out to Heighway? Screen size, maybe chrome option like on FTH, Etc?

There's no rush about this. We will contact you closer to the time in any case. You can upgrade at any time, but we will be offering more options closer to the time.

#6962 7 years ago

Cleaned up

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#6963 7 years ago

Maybe a silly question, but how wide is it? Only thinking about it at the moment, but if I can't get it through my door I can stop thinking about it and move on. Thanks.
B.

#6964 7 years ago

It is a widebody game but it's always the width of the head you need to look at as this remains the same.
Think it's roughly 73cm which should fit through a standard door.

#6965 7 years ago

Cheers. Assumed you can remove the head if needed though? So 73cm's is about 29". Think I have 30" frame so might be ok. Thanks.

#6966 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Maybe a silly question, but how wide is it? Only thinking about it at the moment, but if I can't get it through my door I can stop thinking about it and move on. Thanks.
B.

Simple fix.....widen your door if in doubt...

#6967 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Cheers. Assumed you can remove the head if needed though? So 73cm's is about 29". Think I have 30" frame so might be ok. Thanks.

entire head comes off VERY easily. It will fit through a standard 30inch door no problem.

#6968 7 years ago

Cheers guys. I like MK's idea best. lol.

#6969 7 years ago

Nice effort. Game will be even greener once fiber optics on ramps are turned on.

#6970 7 years ago

so we are developing a much brighter design that can still be toned down

This is great to hear as it seems to be one of the main complaints on Full Throttle. Having the lights more evenly distributed vs mostly from the back will allow all the playfield/plastics art and toys to really pop instead of being shadowed or washed out. If we can control the brightness, then even better yet. Adjust to taste.

#6971 7 years ago

any cool motion sensor audio ? that alone kicks ass.

#6972 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

The main cabinet will easily go through a 26" opening - so you are more than fine with 30"

#6973 7 years ago

Hey Andrew,
Asked for a direct shipping quote a while ago since there is no AU distro yet. Still waiting.

#6974 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Hey Andrew,
Asked for a direct shipping quote a while ago since there is no AU distro yet. Still waiting.

Hi,

Apologies if that slipped through our net. Shipping prices to Australia vary considerably month-to-month.

Almost certainly it will be cheaper to group-ship Australian orders together - to keep the costs to a minimum.

We would look at the whole picture closer to the time and give you the cheapest possible options.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific right now. At a push, I would estimate that it would probably be around £450-500 factory-to-door by airfreight. Grouped shipping - either by sea or by air - should work out cheaper

#6975 7 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

LE's are first aren't they?

I would also like an answer to this. IIRC, I believe the FT standards shipped first. I would like to see the Alien LE's go out first. I would imagine that most of the pre-orders are for the LE. It would only make sense for the people with money tied up in the game get theirs first, especially given the lengthy delays.

#6976 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If we can control the brightness, then even better yet. Adjust to taste.

You will definitely be able to control the brightness.

#6977 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I would also like an answer to this. IIRC, I believe the FT standards shipped first. I would like to see the Alien LE's go out first. I would imagine that most of the pre-orders are for the LE. It would only make sense for the people with money tied up in the game get theirs first, especially given the lengthy delays.

At this point, that's the plan. LEs are absolutely our priority.

However, a small number of SEs could roll out first - depending on a number of factors such as LE-material approval, LE parts, etc...

We will update you as to the situation closer to the time.

#6978 7 years ago

However, a small number of SEs could roll out first

Play field kits would probably be the easiest to get out...start with mine.

#6979 7 years ago

Thanks Andrew! Another example of how Heighway is doing it right!

#6980 7 years ago

LE's first for early adopters.....hooray!!!!! The time will be here before we know it!!!!

#6981 7 years ago

Hi Andrew! Will you be providing interior side and/or back panel art for the game. If not, will mirror blades work in heighway pinball games? Have you guys talked to other companies for possible 3rd party addons like Pinblades?. I am dreaming of Giegerish art along the side walls of this pin ? So excited for my LE and will see you unveil it at Chicago Expo.

#6982 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

If not, will mirror blades work in heighway pinball games?

With a modular game system, mirror blades seems the way to go. They'd immediately work with any game you pop in. Side art would need to be pulled out... not a solution.

#6983 7 years ago

True and good point frolic but I plan on keeping this as an Alien ? It would be cool if Heighway offered replaceable interior sidewall art similar to how everything else is being designed as modular.

#6984 7 years ago

I believe a Full Throttle buyer posted getting inner art from Heighway with his new pin. You would think the LE buyers would be the one's most interested in Alien specific art blades even if the art is a simple background star field and nothing more. Hopefully the art will be something that compliments the play field nicely. Perhaps Aurich will chime in on the subject.

#6985 7 years ago

However, a small number of SEs could roll out first - depending on a number of factors such as LE-material approval, LE parts, etc...
We will update you as to the situation closer to the time.

Thats awesome news, the way it should be!

#6986 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It would be cool if Heighway offered replaceable interior sidewall art similar to how everything else is being designed as modular.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Perhaps Aurich will chime in on the subject.

Definitely an idea we've discussed. I have to defer to Andrew on that though, anything physical going on in Wales is outside of what I can keep track of from where I am. Right now I can tell you that there's some great stuff going on with the sound and animation, awesome work going on right now with the Aliens mode we're calling Bug Hunt. One of the last modes left to work on. Looking forward to flipping it!

#6987 7 years ago

Quick question. When I played Full Throttle at TPF, I was dismayed to find the playfield screen to be a bit blurry, like the plastic wasn't crystal clear. Is this just how Heighway's games are, or did the this machine has some kind of protective coating or Mylar over it?

#6988 7 years ago

The game I played was crystal clear.
That brings up a good question, can anyone with a FT that has been on route/had a ton of plays confirm it doesn't fog over/get blurry with wear?

#6989 7 years ago

Mine is crystal clear. Not on route by I've had mine a year now.

#6990 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Quick question. When I played Full Throttle at TPF, I was dismayed to find the playfield screen to be a bit blurry, like the plastic wasn't crystal clear. Is this just how Heighway's games are, or did the this machine has some kind of protective coating or Mylar over it?

that game still had the protective coating on it. Guessing the distributor left it on to protect the screen during TPF?

Screens are in fact super clear and sharp!

#6991 7 years ago

Is it molded into the Playfield like an insert or is it replaceable like on Creech?

#6992 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that game still had the protective coating on it. Guessing the distributor left it on to protect the screen during TPF?
Screens are in fact super clear and sharp!

Good to know!

#6993 7 years ago

that's supposed to be removed

#6994 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Mine is crystal clear. Not on route by I've had mine a year now.

Great to hear!

#6995 7 years ago

Crystal Clear & easily replaceable, similar to Creech.

#6997 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Might make a cool topper

That is pretty cool. I'm thinking of a topper that going to really pop in between those lit up beacons.

#6998 7 years ago

Topper plus beacons might look like you are piling stuff on it...beacons alone look pretty sleek.

#6999 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Topper plus beacons might look like you are piling stuff on it...beacons alone look pretty sleek.

No argument there. Just thought it looked cool.

#7000 7 years ago

Perfect time for showing full table and promo has come. Stern and JJP did not announce their next pin yet. Spooky´s great new table is totally sold out and is very limited. The Dutch table is a complete other genre, it is chill and dream a bit while sitting in a chair playing, while Alien is fighting for survival every second with your senses razorsharp on like in the storys of Jack London.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.