• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 494.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

is this a case of no news being good news?

Everything is going well, and according to plan.

Ball guides are about to be made, The ramps are being profiled now.

We will be busy for the next 10 days preparing for the EAG trade show, and our Launch Event and Launch Party at the end of next week. Alien development will continue during this time.

We are aiming to have all parts assembled, and to begin whitewood testing, around 23rd January.

We will keep you updated that week as to our progress.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Everything is going well, and according to plan.
Ball guides are about to be made, The ramps are being profiled now.
We will be busy for the next 10 days preparing for the EAG trade show, and our Launch Event and Launch Party at the end of next week. Alien development will continue during this time.
We are aiming to have all parts assembled, and to begin whitewood testing, around 23rd January.
We will keep you updated that week as to our progress.

wow! responded to my post on a forum in under 20 minutes after 3 weeks of silence...

#653 4 years ago

I can't wait to see the finished machine!

#654 4 years ago

life id too short.jpg
#655 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

life id too short.jpg 47 KB

Stop posting cool crap I like, don't you have enuff karma points?!

#657 4 years ago

No you're not.

Chris

#659 4 years ago

Hi Heighway Team .... any Alien WW photos you care to share with us

#660 4 years ago

Saw their Baccardy game run
Impressive job
And super fast production

I think this might be the first company
To make deadline

#661 4 years ago

Looks like they just had the Full Throttle launch party yesterday.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index9.html

Cool game, and I'm glad its coming out soon, but waiting on ALIEN pics like everybody here...

#662 4 years ago

Buying FT and looking forward to a modular addition of Alien!

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Looks like they just had the Full Throttle launch party yesterday.
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index9.html
Cool game, and I'm glad its coming out soon, but waiting on ALIEN pics like everybody here...

That illuminated side art is gorgeous. Hope they are doing similar with Alien - would love to see it in a green or something subdued / not full white (assuming it looks good during testing o'course).

Congrats on the successful launch of Full Throttle, Heighway!

#664 4 years ago

Congrats Heighway Pinball team. The launch party looked like a blast and the games look great!

#665 4 years ago

I'm not a racing guy or into cars and motorcycles but man this game looks great and I would love to have one, I'll wait for my Aliens but very excited for that considering how beautiful FThrottle looks. Heighway is going to become a real contender I believe. Fantastic.

untitled.png
#666 4 years ago

Chirp, Chip Chirp ....

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Chirp, Chip Chirp ....

Read about 15 posts up...they just finished the full throttle release party, which apparently was a big hit..and Andrew stated they would continue working on Alien week of 23rd ( maybe has his days mixed, but always has responded well)..no need to start shit here...thanks.....

#668 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

We want to give you an update as to where we are with Alien Pinball development.

The whitewood is built up, as you can see from the photos, and is just awaiting the ball guides - which will be finished by next week. Once installed, we can switch it on and start flipping it. We have printed the ball guides and mechanisms onto the wood surface, so you can see where many of the major parts will go.

There have been some modifications to the ramp files, so prototype ramps will not feature on this whitewood, as they will change significantly by the next prototype playfield.

We are working on a possible major new toy at the moment, featuring a xenomorph, which will really enhance the game, if it appears. More news on this later.

We are nearly at the stage where we can show you some backglass art and sideart - and as soon as we get official approval, we will post images here.

We will report back shortly with more photos showing the ball guides installed, and hopefully a short video showing the whitewood being flipped.

20150127_175259251_iOS.jpg 20150127_174719304_iOS.jpg 20150127_174732954_iOS.jpg 20150127_174749828_iOS.jpg 20150127_174757976_iOS.jpg 20150127_174842341_iOS.jpg 20150127_174902497_iOS.jpg 20150127_175014192_iOS.jpg 20150127_175103938_iOS.jpg
#670 4 years ago

Thanks for the update Andrew....cant wait to see some art!!!.... Alien coming to life!!...mark

#671 4 years ago

Its hard not to get excited over this game. My only continued concern at this point, is the loss of Nordman. I hope they have some good talent to see this through.

#672 4 years ago

Looking real nice so far.. hopefully artwork/backglass/ and evolution of pf will assure those concerned about Norman being gone.. Unlike so many other pre-order companies not producing machines.. looks like this one will happen!

#673 4 years ago

We are nearly at the stage where we can show you some backglass art and sideart - and as soon as we get official approval, we will post images here.

Super curious to see this! Art is going to be a real make or break for me on this one, there's just so much awesome potential.

#674 4 years ago

There have been some modifications to the ramp files, so prototype ramps will not feature on this whitewood, as they will change significantly by the next prototype playfield.

What does this mean? Does significantly mean the ramp layout is different that what was in the drawings? Or does it mean that the final measurements on the physical playfield are off enough that the original ramps won't align, but the overall ramp layout is the same?

#675 4 years ago

yeah the potential on this one is up there with TBL. Though a complete 180 in terms of theme style of course. All i know is, I hope they don't do the typical photoshop treatment we keep seeing. This title deserves a rich artistic treatment.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from anubis2night:

yeah the potential on this one is up there with TBL. Though a complete 180 in terms of theme style of course. All i know is, I hope they don't do the typical photoshop treatment we keep seeing. This title deserves a rich artistic treatment.

I'm expecting Photoshop personally. I believe it's already been stated it won't be hand drawn. Won't judge until the art is revealed, just have my expectations dialed down is all.

#677 4 years ago

We are working on a possible major new toy at the moment, featuring a xenomorph, which will really enhance the game, if it appears. More news on this later.

Are Xenomorphs allowed to "interact" with a pinball?

This looks really great Andrew. Thanks for the update!

Post edited by dgposter: duplicate words

#678 4 years ago

I don't actually mind photoshop art, as I mentioned in another thread folks like Candykiller can make some sweet art with PS and it can really pop. (though honestly I'd much rather see something illustrated with sharp line work) but agreed keeping my expectations dialed down. At worst case scenario, it allows folks like you (Aurich) to design something sweet for those that want a little something unique.

Depending on what they end up with for design I may touch base with my buddy and see if he's interested in working up some mods for this once it's out

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super curious to see this! Art is going to be a real make or break for me on this one, there's just so much awesome potential.

Yes.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I second that but no less the audio. Alien has IMO the best signature sci-fi sound effects, music and unforgettable oneliners!

#681 4 years ago

Such an awesome update. EXCITING!

#682 4 years ago

Alien = timeless license (sci-fi wise) = endless possibilities = going to be hard to NOT be an awesome pin IMO.......agree w/ Aurich...anxious for art!!!.....

#683 4 years ago

Nobody has mentioned the fact that this has Super Bands on the flippers?

Are these shipping with Super Bands?

#684 4 years ago

Looks nice.

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nobody has mentioned the fact that this has Super Bands on the flippers?
Are these shipping with Super Bands?

I noticed it myself, but I'm so used to them now I didn't really think it was that remarkable.

#686 4 years ago

I really like the flipper positions.

#687 4 years ago

whitewood looks sweet. love those LED boards inside the pops!

#688 4 years ago

Very excited. Thanks Andrew. You and your team are rockin it!

You tease with the mention of a new major Xenomorph toy! Might we see some Alien pop up/bash toys like trolls in MM or perhaps a Alien head that has a retractable jaw with a magnet that reaches out for the ball (Thing from AF). You got my imagination spinning and excited. Keep it up!

#689 4 years ago

DSCN3618.JPG

#690 4 years ago

Also noticed what appers to be a new kicker hole above the right upper flipper. This wasn't in the virtual version. I assume that is to capture balls coming off the pop bumpers and give a controlled delivery to make a shot? Looks cool.

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

DSCN3618.JPG 50 KB

Interesting...

#692 4 years ago

I was just wondering is their going to be a real knocker available. Or will we be able to add one?

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I noticed it myself, but I'm so used to them now I didn't really think it was that remarkable.

Being "used to them" has nothing to do with it. I'm used to them too.

But what other manufacturer is shipping games with Super Bands? I must have missed that. And that's the question.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But what other manufacturer is shipping games with Super Bands? I must have missed that. And that's the question.

Pretty sure TBL is. Pretty sure though and not 100%.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Also noticed what appers to be a new kicker hole above the right upper flipper. This wasn't in the virtual version. I assume that is to capture balls coming off the pop bumpers and give a controlled delivery to make a shot? Looks cool.

Pretty sure it was there. If I am not mistaken it is to feed the flipper after shooting the other hole.

Edit. Looks like it is there in the first drawing but in later pictures it looks like an upkicker from the other hole feeds the flipper so I am not so sure after all

#696 4 years ago

I figured it was inevitable for super bands to ship from factory eventually. The difference is the game (if we are correct and those are super bands) is being designed with them, not rubber and then replaced with super bands.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I figured it was inevitable for super bands to ship from factory eventually. The difference is the game (if we are correct and those are super bands) is being designed with them, not rubber and then replaced with super bands.

That would be great, if true......I, also have superbands on all of my machines, mostly good/ great results (had to adjust my play on a few ). Having a game actually designed for them would be a huge plus in my book, as they certainly handle/ behave differently than rubber.....

#698 4 years ago

TBL definitely had orange "rubber" but I can't remember now if they were Superbands or not. I assume with that color orang that they were.

#699 4 years ago

Interesting layout.. Some concerns:

- No lamps in the slingshots. Hopefully the lower playfield near the flippers is illuminated well.. possibly lamps shining downward from the tops of the slings?

- UR flipper is going to get hammered by direct shots from the LL flipper. Hope the bat/bushing/etc can take the abuse.

- Rightmost lane has a shape similar to Tommy right orbit, which is notorious for rejecting shots. Need to make sure that's not an issue w Alien

- Looks like the shot right up to the pop bumper is a U-turn ramp like WOF?

I've never looked at or tried any virtual versions of this so far...

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

- No lamps in the slingshots. Hopefully the lower playfield near the flippers is illuminated well.. possibly lamps shining downward from the tops of the slings?

Checking out this Full Throttle video, there are color changing lights everywhere including slingshot GI in Heighway's system:

I imagine Alien will be using the same parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside