pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 601.
#6901 7 years ago

gb le and then alien le for me. god bless america!!!

#6902 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gb le and then alien le for me. god bless america!!!

And Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales!

#6903 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I didn't realize my opinion on art required design team approval.
Your comment exemplifies that you are too sensitive and maybe need to find a new hobby as this one might give you a heart attack.
I don't think the playfield art is all that good and I'm not the only one. I like what I see in what I quoted.
Oh no! Someone likes some other art better! It's not just everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya until their Alien arrives!

Dude, the vast majority of the pinsiders are way overly sensitive.... especially the sissy woz owners....

PS: here comes the downvotes!!!

#6904 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I finally broke down and went in for an LE. Thank you Cointaker for making it super easy! I'll find out my # on Monday.

Congrats!!!...make sure to post your # in the other thread....

#6905 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if you are joking, but some people don't get that a playfield has to be designed with purpose, different sections to complement the various aspects of gameplay, which becomes a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not meant to be a piece of art you can hang up, otherwise half of Ripley's face would be covered up with a ramp, there would be a VUK coming out of the alien's nose, and it would just look amateur.

I actually think the pf art looks fine, and when fitted with the game will look great.....I would prefer to NOT have a bunch of overdrawn shit on this PF....this is a dark game, don't need a playfield circus....

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually think the pf art looks fine, and when fitted with the game will look great.....I would prefer to NOT have a bunch of overdrawn shit on this PF....this is a dark game, don't need a playfield circus....

My thoughts exactly. Its a dark theme, so lets keep it that way.

#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I had placed an order for an Alien LE with Melissa, but this morning I changed it. I ordered the Full Throttle LE with the big screen and black cabinet AND the Alien LE conversion kit. Next week I should know my FT LE game number and she said the FT LE delivery will be in 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks!

Dude, you got GB and Hobbit...won't be THAT long of a wait.

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My thoughts exactly. Its a dark theme, so lets keep it that way.

I think the dark and moody look of Alien and the colorful and loud Full Throttle make a great pairing for Heighway's first two games. The contrast is essential to entice pinheads to buy both games (which is at the core of the conversion kit concept). It worked for me!

#6909 7 years ago

The contrast is essential to entice pinheads to buy both games (which is at the core of the conversion kit concept)

Hope not, I'd love a dark ass Bladerunner follow up next.

#6910 7 years ago

I think the dark and moody look of Alien and the colorful and loud Full Throttle make a great pairing for Heighway's first two games. The contrast is essential to entice pinheads to buy both games (which is at the core of the conversion kit concept). It worked for me!

Can you give us a breakdown of costs? Maybe in three buckets: FTLE, large screen upgrade and Alien upgrade kit.

#6911 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Dude, you got GB and Hobbit...won't be THAT long of a wait.

PM sent.

#6912 7 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Hope not, I'd love a dark ass Bladerunner follow up next.

I'd be in for that!

#6913 7 years ago

the entire package is gonna come together very nice. that playfield loaded is gonna be awesome!

blade runner would be awesome.

#6914 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My nuts are getting tingly with August right around the corner!

You should get that checked out.

#6915 7 years ago

Alien Glow-in-the-Dark Alien Egg 6-Pack Carton

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC51356#.V55TLMtOnqA

NC51356lg_(resized).jpgNC51356lg_(resized).jpg

#6916 7 years ago

Just picked this up in Pittsburgh Strip district Art of Steel20160731_214655_(resized).jpg20160731_214655_(resized).jpg

#6918 7 years ago

The slip case is really Gigeresque. Beautiful.

Hard Cover without the slip case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/160887866X/ref=sxts1

Wait a while (after the next movie comes out) and the book will eventually get down to 15-20 bucks I bet, unless a paperback edition is introduced next.

#6919 7 years ago

That's like Alien meets the Necronomicon.

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

That's like Alien meets the Necronomicon.

Now that's a fucking cool theme.... EVIL DEAD!!!!

#6921 7 years ago

Found out Sigourney Weaver cancelled FanExpo this year in Toronto...super bummed! I was hoping to get an Alien poster signed to put beside the machine.

#6922 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Found out Sigourney Weaver cancelled FanExpo this year in Toronto...super bummed!

Me too but I'm still going

-Jeff

#6923 7 years ago

Any reason?

Is she taking part in filming the next one?

#6924 7 years ago

Hi everyone.

Ok, it's time to give you all an update.

I stated a few months ago that we were aiming to have the bulk of the game finished in August, and to work at the big reveal.

Essentially, nothing has changed, and we feel we are on schedule.

Our latest Alien playfields, which we are calling our pre-production playfields, will be ready to ship to us in days. The latest parts, such as ball guides, wireform ramps, modelled toys, etc... are all being manufactured now.

Everything is tied in to build these 3 games in the middle of the month. 2 games will go to members of our development team and 1 remains with us here.

The game coding is already at an advanced stage - so will simply migrate from our existing prototype to the pre-production models later in the month.

Once at least one of the games is completed then we will be shooting the official promo video. The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point, we will be dealing directly with FOX in Los Angeles, as opposed to FOX Europe first. Also, at this point, a lot of the core material has already been approved by FOX so it will be case of approving a finished, or nearly-finished, composition.

Once the official promo video is approved, we will show this publicly as soon as possible. Once the game itself has been officially approved then we will immediately begin production. Subject to a speedy approval, we still intend to start manufacturing games in September this year, with the first games shipping out by the end of October 2016. We want as many of our customers as possible to be playing their games by Christmas 2016.

Are these timeframes realistic? I am sure you are asking yourselves this question. We can't deny the delays we have experienced up to this point - but many of the delays have been down to stabilising our hardware and software platforms, and dealing with suppliers for the first time. We believe that we are now at a position where we can shortly mass produce reliable pinball machines. We have learnt a lot over the last few years.

So when will you be able to play this game in person? The official global launch of this game will likely take place in London in September, or early October. The official North American launch is scheduled for Pinball Expo in October.

Thanks for reading and I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Andrew

#6925 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone.
Ok, it's time to give you all an update.
I stated a few months ago that we were aiming to have the bulk of the game finished in August, and to work at the big reveal.
Essentially, nothing has changed, and we feel we are on schedule.
Our latest Alien playfields, which we are calling our pre-production playfields, will be ready to ship to us in days. The latest parts, such as ball guides, wireform ramps, modelled toys, etc... are all being manufactured now.
Everything is tied in to build these 3 games in the middle of the month. 2 games will go to members of our development team and 1 remains with us here.
The game coding is already at an advanced stage - so will simply migrate from our existing prototype to the pre-production models later in the month.
Once at least one of the games is completed then we will be shooting the official promo video. The plan is still to submit both the finished game and the official game promo video to FOX for approval at the same time and by the end of the month. At that point, we must wait for the approval. However, we are not expecting big delays because at this point, we will be dealing directly with FOX in Los Angeles, as opposed to FOX Europe first. Also, at this point, a lot of the core material has already been approved by FOX so it will be case of approving a finished, or nearly-finished, composition.
Once the official promo video is approved, we will show this publicly as soon as possible. Once the game itself has been officially approved then we will immediately begin production. Subject to a speedy approval, we still intend to start manufacturing games in September this year, with the first games shipping out by the end of October 2016. We want as many of our customers as possible to be playing their games by Christmas 2016.
Are these timeframes realistic? I am sure you are asking yourselves this question. We can't deny the delays we have experienced up to this point - but many of the delays have been down to stabilising our hardware and software platforms, and dealing with suppliers for the first time. We believe that we are now at a position where we can shortly mass produce reliable pinball machines. We have learnt a lot over the last few years.
So when will you be able to play this game in person? The official global launch of this game will likely take place in London in September, or early October. The official North American launch is scheduled for Pinball Expo in October.
Thanks for reading and I'll try to answer any questions you have.
Andrew

Thanks for the update, its nice to see a company communicate properly. Congrats on the progress...

#6926 7 years ago

Thanks for the update. As always, we appreciate the level of communication.

#6927 7 years ago

Will you be using a water based clear coat, or an oil based clear coat?

#6928 7 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update Andrew!

#6929 7 years ago

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Andrew!

#6930 7 years ago

Thanks for the update, cant wait to see what your team has made

#6931 7 years ago

I might have to go to Expo if they can get a game there.

#6932 7 years ago

So excited to be able to play this game soon! It's on the top of my wishlist right now.

#6933 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Will you be using a water based clear coat, or an oil based clear coat?

Mirco is printing/cutting/clearing the playfields, so whatever he uses. I'm sure it's a standard 2 part clear.

He's got a pretty slick robot setup for shooting clear, there's a video somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I *think* this is it, there's not much info on the video, can anyone confirm that Mirco is doing Hobbit playfields?

#6934 7 years ago

I haven't been following the Stern stuff all that closely, but I just saw someone ask about water based clear in the thread about their ghosting issues. Is that why the question was asked? Alien definitely won't be printed and cleared by Stern, that much I think I can guarantee.

I looked around, and confirmed that Mirco is doing Hobbit, so that video above is what I thought it was, and I know they're doing TBL, as well as a ton of really nice repros, so I don't think anyone should feel concerned about the clear coat quality. Mirco does good work, and it's already been out on display for years now for people to test.

#6935 7 years ago

Wonder why no-one has talked about the snippets you see of the Alien populated playfield in the new video from Heighway? (when Dave is presented towards the end) You can't see much, but it is enough to whet my appetite for the game

Video can be found in the Heighway update thread and here:

#6936 7 years ago

How far behind the Standard game are you expecting the LE release?

#6937 7 years ago

Worth note that the thing I am most excited about with heighway.

We have games from EVERY manufacturer currently making games for play (on route in Madison) and Full Throttle is by far the best built, least headache, best engineered, and all around most sturdy of ALL the games we have put out in the past 3 years.

#6938 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Wonder why no-one has talked about the snippets you see of the Alien populated playfield in the new video from Heighway? (when Dave is presented) You can't see much, but it is enough to whet my appetite for the game
» YouTube video

Holy Crap! Good catch!

#6939 7 years ago

LE's are first aren't they?

#6940 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Wonder why no-one has talked about the snippets you see of the Alien populated playfield in the new video from Heighway? (when Dave is presented) You can't see much, but it is enough to whet my appetite for the game
» YouTube video

2:12ish mark....goes by quick, but looks sweet

#6941 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

And there it is! The Alien playfield under power... with little green flashing lights! Can't wait to see the playfield populated in all its glory with all the toys and plastics added, especially when this little beastie gets shoe-horned in the back and hisses at me with burning contempt...

64813058e3093dd05ee4b637e2fa71129de8caa8_(resized).jpg64813058e3093dd05ee4b637e2fa71129de8caa8_(resized).jpg

#6942 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

» YouTube video

Quoted from Stones:

Yes, looks good.

You know.....Youtube has a feature were you can set the speed of the video to 0.25. And voila, the Alien world will open

#6943 7 years ago

Those pop bumper caps look great.

I also like that big screen surround.

#6944 7 years ago

the top left rotating chamber looks nice and so do the pop bumpers.
I dont see the alien head on that machine but i see where it goes

--Jeff

alien_(resized).PNGalien_(resized).PNG

#6945 7 years ago

Will you also have LE's designed for show and approval at the same time, or will they be developed after the standards? When do you think the LE's will start production? And can you say anything on the sound yet like if all the cast has given approvals or if there will be any original voice work? Thanks for an encouraging update!

#6946 7 years ago

From the snippet in video the game looks awesome. We have one on order paid in full to go on location here in Charlotte, NC, can't wait!

#6947 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

the top left rotating chamber looks nice and so do the pop bumpers.
I dont see the alien head on that machine but i see where it goes

Not sure about the rotating chamber, reminds me of the Joker toy from TDK, which I am not a fan of. Have to wait and see it in action.

#6948 7 years ago

I'm sure everyone will like every aspect of the game which usually happens in pinball

#6949 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure about the rotating chamber, reminds me of the Joker toy from TDK, which I am not a fan of. Have to wait and see it in action.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I think it can be cool as long as they don't cheap out like TDK and put some $5 action figure in there. That's the main issue I always had with TDK.

#6950 7 years ago

Looking forward to Expo. Looking for my next purchase for my location and don't really feel like thinking about "The world's only pinball manufacturer" for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/139?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.