pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 601.
#6851 7 years ago

Wow, that got me excited!! This pin would have to be a total clunk fest to not be great. As good as Full Throttle shoots, I know is going to be a flow monster! Great work David & crew!

#6852 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Obviously old news, but I hadn't seen this video before with the optic lighting for FT. Very well incorporated. Can't wait to see how this looks on the Aliens LE......
» YouTube video

Highly impressed with this lighting. Makes me want to skip over the Alien hype and just pick up a Full Throttle.

Still waiting to see that mystery video...

#6853 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Kelly Mazurowski is creating the video assets (with some direction from Aurich) for Alien Pinball. He is doing a fantastic job. We are doing more than just shoveling video from the movies. There are some very creative/functional visualizations of mode progress that Aurich/Kelly are creating that are all Alien but unique to the pin. Team Alien is creating something special.

Majorly impressive!!!! thanks to the entire team in advance for the dedication and attention to detail required to make this pin what it will be...a game changer!!!.....

#6854 7 years ago

FrankMac is in on LE #203

#6855 7 years ago

FrankMac scanned environment and found LE #203

#6856 7 years ago

#6857 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Still waiting to see that mystery video...

It's good. I considered getting a refund on my deposit several months ago. Was lucky enough to see the video at RMPS. Definitely keeping my deposit down on Alien.

#6858 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

sadly its probably a piece of paper sitting a Fox bean counters desk ready to be signed

So user Amendes, is a bean counter lol.

#6859 7 years ago

Can someone please wipe out my drool..

#6860 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For a few years now I have suggested companies put a micro camera on the apron, centered on the flippers looking up field. Not as cool but maybe one at the top of the playfield also, looking down.

I agree. This is some footage I shot a while back trying out some new FAST hardware. I love the view.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6861 7 years ago

I spotted a pinball reference in a story on CNN today.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/entertainment/sigourney-weaver-aliens-reunion/index.html

---
Enter director James Cameron. In the mid-80s, he met with "Alien" filmmakers Walter Hill and David Giler to discuss projects, including a "Spartacus in space" tale. They didn't love his pitch. But just when it looked like their partnership was a non-starter, they asked him to come up with an idea for "Alien 2." Cameron, who called the original "a masterpiece," said his brain "lit up like a pinball machine."
---

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#6862 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

» YouTube video
I agree. This is some footage I shot a while back trying out some new FAST hardware. I love the view.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Agreed, great view of the games. This vid has a great view of GB.

#6863 7 years ago

But what all those video shooters gotta pay attention is to correctly level their pins.... in that GB video the machine is clearly leaned to the left (and it fuckin drives me crazy!!!)

#6864 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

But what all those video shooters gotta pay attention is to correctly level their pins.... in that GB video the machine is clearly leaned to the left (and it fuckin drives me crazy!!!)

There were a few right down the middles. If I was paying for that game I might move to the next machine. Another thing, a couple of times like when it went in the vuk and it went in the call outs, I was thinking ok let's go. I wanted to go fix a sandwich.

#6865 7 years ago

Life_is_to_short_to_be_holding_on_to_old_grudges_9buz_(resized).jpgLife_is_to_short_to_be_holding_on_to_old_grudges_9buz_(resized).jpg

8192657012383326_(resized).jpg8192657012383326_(resized).jpg

#6866 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agreed, great view of the games. This vid has a great view of GB.
» YouTube video

What type of camera setup is this?

#6867 7 years ago

Anyone have a video on this pin? Alien is my favorite movie (can you tell?) .

#6868 7 years ago

Oh dear lord, he's back.

#6869 7 years ago

Hello Kanedaripley.

#6870 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

» YouTube video
Alien stuff is at the end.

That sounds really great! What they show of the screen looks cool as well. A major upgrade from what they did for full throttle.

#6871 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Oh dear lord, he's back.

?

#6873 7 years ago

Welcome to the forum. Alien will be a great machine and we are glad you are in on it.
The others are referring to an old member that pops up with a new handle every so often.

--Jeff

#6874 7 years ago

like a herpes outbreak

#6875 7 years ago

Time for an IP check...

Oh and "hi" kanedaladyslingshotkyloren

#6876 7 years ago

Got notice today that this is on the way. Woo hoo!

FNK13649_(resized).jpgFNK13649_(resized).jpg

#6877 7 years ago

Alien_poster_NEW_(resized).jpgAlien_poster_NEW_(resized).jpg

#6878 7 years ago

^^^

Dang Ted, that's nice!

#6879 7 years ago

This is what the playfield art should have looked like.

#6880 7 years ago

My new cel wallpaper!

#6881 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Says the person with no knowledge of the goals, vision, process, or intimate understanding of the constraints and tradeoffs involved with this project.

Your comment exemplifies why nothing should be shown out of context before the game is complete.

#6882 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Not sure if you are joking, but some people don't get that a playfield has to be designed with purpose, different sections to complement the various aspects of gameplay, which becomes a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not meant to be a piece of art you can hang up, otherwise half of Ripley's face would be covered up with a ramp, there would be a VUK coming out of the alien's nose, and it would just look amateur.

#6883 7 years ago

I finally broke down and went in for an LE. Thank you Cointaker for making it super easy! I'll find out my # on Monday.

#6884 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I finally broke down and went in for an LE.

Same here! But with Nitro for us Canucks.

#6885 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Says the person with no knowledge of the goals, vision, process, or intimate understanding of the constraints and tradeoffs involved with this project.
Your comment exemplifies why nothing should be shown out of context before the game is complete.

I didn't realize my opinion on art required design team approval.

Your comment exemplifies that you are too sensitive and maybe need to find a new hobby as this one might give you a heart attack.

I don't think the playfield art is all that good and I'm not the only one. I like what I see in what I quoted.

Oh no! Someone likes some other art better! It's not just everyone holding hands and singing Kumbaya until their Alien arrives!

#6886 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if you are joking, but some people don't get that a playfield has to be designed with purpose, different sections to complement the various aspects of gameplay, which becomes a whole greater than the sum of it's parts. It's not meant to be a piece of art you can hang up, otherwise half of Ripley's face would be covered up with a ramp, there would be a VUK coming out of the alien's nose, and it would just look amateur.

I'm pretty sure it would have to be edited for this purpose or the game built around it but i've seen people hang up and display playfield art so maybe it's not too far fetched?

The way the actual alien looks there though is aggressive and in your face. Kind of like how the actual Aliens were in the movie?

#6887 7 years ago

Okay haven't been here in a while has there been any update on when these will start shipping? Is it close or is it more realistic to assume 6 months to a year away from starting production?

#6888 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Okay haven't been here in a while has there been any update on when these will start shipping? Is it close or is it more realistic to assume 6 months to a year away from starting production?

Step 1 is to see the reveal of the complete pin. Scheduled for August 2016, but might be later.

I guess production will starts short after the reveal. Hopefully we are talking about months when we see the first Alien pins shipping. But nothing set in stone yet.

#6889 7 years ago

AH_(resized).pngAH_(resized).png

#6890 7 years ago

I had placed an order for an Alien LE with Melissa, but this morning I changed it. I ordered the Full Throttle LE with the big screen and black cabinet AND the Alien LE conversion kit. Next week I should know my FT LE game number and she said the FT LE delivery will be in 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks!

#6892 7 years ago

Wow he's got some free time today.

#6893 7 years ago

where are the mods when you need them? 3 accounts floating right now

#6894 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

you are too sensitive

pot kettle black

#6895 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

pot kettle black

Says the person with no knowledge of the tone, vision, process, or intimate understanding of the constraints and tradeoffs involved with this post.

#6896 7 years ago

Not everyone loves the pf art for Aliens....however I love the artwork on the pf. Matter of fact, I love it so much.....im taking it out behind the local arcade.....and getting it pregnant....

#6897 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I had placed an order for an Alien LE with Melissa, but this morning I changed it. I ordered the Full Throttle LE with the big screen and black cabinet AND the Alien LE conversion kit. Next week I should know my FT LE game number and she said the FT LE delivery will be in 2-3 weeks. Gonna be a long 3 weeks!

Smart! Nice move!

#6898 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Not everyone loves the pf art for Aliens....however I love artwork on the pf. Matter of fact, I love it so much.....im taking it out behind the local arcade.....and getting it pregnant....

Be safe - wear a Cliffy!

#6899 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Says the person

personal attacks, temporary thread eject initiated.

#6900 7 years ago

My nuts are getting tingly with August right around the corner!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.