DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 601.
#6801 7 years ago

I was going to go standard, but i love machines that have powder coating......and the optic lighting on the ramps. It was worth the bitch bites from the old lady to upgrade to the LE.

#6802 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I was going to go standard, but i love machines that have powder coating......and the optic lighting on the ramps. It was worth the bitch bites from the old lady to upgrade to the LE.

And a wise move.....agree on both points....and the beacons are bigger than you may imagine.....maybe I've never seen any on a pinball before ( in fact, I know I haven't) , but when those bastards went off during the Queen attack mode it was VERY impressive....even the guy that was playing looked like he was getting the shit scared out of him...

#6803 7 years ago

How cool with the beacons.....i cant wait to see the reveal on this. August is approaching quickly.....

#6804 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Thats a very valid point about Alien delays, but im pretty sure those Full Throttles went out the door a lot quicker than WOZ did.....

Actually, Full Throttle was also very late. If they had taken pre-orders from the day it was announced (they waited much longer than JJP before doing that though so smart move there) it would have been almost 3 years late.

You are not to blame here since you did not start the debate, so do not take this personally, but I am getting a bit tired of all the comparisons with all the new companies regarding time-lines. Especially on games that has already been out there for a while.

But who cares. This is happening to all new companies. (Even those with a factory set up early on has had a 2-3 year delay on every pin)

JJP, Dutch pinball, Silver castle pinball, Heighway, Homepin, Nemo, Etc.

I guess the only reason that JJP get mentioned so often is

a) they started pre-orders from day 1,
b) They were the first one,
c) they are the only American company of the new ones, so you get a lot of JJP vs Stern crap.

But I will repeat myself. Who cares? Those who have done the pre-order thing has also had a cancellation option(JJP, Heighway and Dutch) so if the wait is getting on people, they can always cancel. No one is late because they want to be late

PS! Seems like JJP, Heighway and Dutch have all learned their lesson, since they appear to be waiting until they are much closer to production with the announcement of their next titles. We know that both Heighway and JJP has been working on game nr. 3 for a while now.

We live and learn. Customers also. I will not do the same thing I did with The Hobbit, The Big Lebowski and Alien again. But done is done. (and all of them are looking awesome, so that helps)

Moral speech over

#6805 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Actually, Full Throttle was also very late. If they had taken pre-orders from the day it was announced (they waited much longer than JJP before doing that though so smart move there) it would have been almost 3 years late.
You are not to blame here since you did not start the debate, so do not take this personally, but I am getting a bit tired of all the comparisons with all the new companies regarding time-lines. Especially on games that has already been out there for a while.
But who cares. This is happening to all new companies. (Even those with a factory set up early on has had a 2-3 year delay on every pin)
JJP, Dutch pinball, Silver castle pinball, Heighway, Homepin, Nemo, Etc.
I guess the only reason that JJP get mentioned so often is
a) they started pre-orders from day 1,
b) They were the first one,
c) they are the only American company of the new ones, so you get a lot of JJP vs Stern crap.
But I will repeat myself. Who cares? Those who have done the pre-order thing has also had a cancellation option(JJP, Heighway and Dutch) so if the wait is getting on people, they can always cancel. No one is late because they want to be late
PS! Seems like JJP, Heighway and Dutch have all learned their lesson, since they appear to be waiting until they are much closer to production with the announcement of their next titles. We know that both Heighway and JJP has been working on game nr. 3 for a while now.
We live and learn. Customers also. I will not do the same thing I did with The Hobbit, The Big Lebowski and Alien again. But done is done. (and all of them are looking awesome, so that helps)
Moral speech over

Well said man.....years from now, it would interesting to hear the behind scenes stories of what caused delays, start up issues etc. Have you received your TH yet? I havent kept up with TBL, but i thought they were slowly starting to trickle out?

#6806 7 years ago

No one has a close idea what it takes to build a pin.

I made one pin from scratch and it was for visual pinball: Scarface - Balls and Power. So it was 100 times easier than a real pin, but it took me one year to complete. Yes, one year and I didn't have licensers to approve the progress; mechanical tests to do; waiting times on distributor parts; tax crap to deal with; hiring and firing people; etc etc etc....
I spent one year doing art tests, design tests, rule tests and working with the coder to put all the stuff together. So if this virtual pin took a year to complete, I imagine 3 years is nothing for a real pin.

Before I had no idea of what it takes to make a pin, but now I do...
-> Hope this info helps on the comparisons with all the new companies regarding time-lines.

#6807 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Well done, Karl.

Quoted from Stones:

it would interesting to hear the behind scenes stories of what caused delays

Optimistic forecasting in my opinion and artificial deadlines are usually formulated off the cuff. - Next month should be interesting.

#6808 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

No kidding!!!! Did everyone upgrade their lcd screen? Right now....i have not.

I told Melissa that I want the one with the 27" screen.

#6809 7 years ago

The 27" backbox screen seems to pretty popular choice with the LE owners I've talked with. I'm getting it for sure.

With that said, I'm still a huge fan of backglass art (from the early 80s), and I'm pretty confident that Aurich is going to come up with something really sweet for the LEs. I won't be able to put that in the backbox with that huge screen there.

Question for Full Throttle owners with the 27" screen...... what is displayed on the screen during the attract mode? Is it the normal game menu on there all the time, or like a loop of attract animations? I can't recall at the moment.

It would be cool if they could program the LE backbox artwork to be shown on a loop or something, chestbusters popping out of the screen at you, etc etc. Some exclusive attract mode code for the LE owners? Because by putting the 27" screen in there, I feel like I'll be missing out on Aurich's LE art. Hopefully something like that is in the works

#6810 7 years ago

You gotta go with 27". On Full Throttle it cycles through some attract images. The reality is they can put whatever they want on it. No reason why traditional backglass imagery can't be part of the attract slide show.

#6811 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The reality is they can put whatever they want on it.

For a few years now I have suggested companies put a micro camera on the apron, centered on the flippers looking up field. Not as cool but maybe one at the top of the playfield also, looking down.

#6812 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For a few years now I have suggested companies put a micro camera on the apron centered on the flippers looking up field. Not as cool but maybe one at the top of the playfield also, looking down.

That would be neat. Maybe they should add a camera hookup for the big screen for use in tournaments.

#6813 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Have you received your TH yet? I havent kept up with TBL, but i thought they were slowly starting to trickle out?

No Hobbit for me yet. Last I heard was that my game is shipping out in July.

TBL are also slowly but surely starting to ship out. I believe they have produced ca 35 so far, and they say that every pre-order will have the game before the end of the year. All good!

#6814 7 years ago

Finally got my Mystic pinball today, so I am all set for now

Sorry for going off topic but every new machine is a celebration

#6815 7 years ago

They should design a clip or track so you can display the backglass art in front of the 27" screen if you want....

#6816 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then why did you feel the need to make your stupid comparison to JJP?

Just to piss u off

#6817 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just to piss u off

Fail.

#6818 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I told Melissa that I want the one with the 27" screen.

I have the large screen on my FT. It's totally unneeded for gameplay, but it's awesome. I'm hopeful about its future potential as well.

#6819 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have the large screen on my FT. It's totally unneeded for gameplay, but it's awesome. I'm hopeful about its future potential as well.

I remember being very impressed when playing the large screen Full Throttle at the Texas Pinball Festival. It is great for the other players who aren't shooting and for newbies to figure out what the rules are.

#6820 7 years ago

I played the large screen Full Throttle in Madison and loved it. I wouldn't buy a HWY game without the large screen.

#6821 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For a few years now I have suggested companies put a micro camera on the apron, centered on the flippers looking up field. Not as cool but maybe one at the top of the playfield also, looking down.

This is actually the first use for the large backglass screen that has interested me. It would have to be homebrew, without a doubt, but it would be a really cool mod to do to the game. But, I'm happy sticking with the smaller screen for now. I can always add that in later.

#6822 7 years ago

Wire in a go pro on top feeding the 27" so your family can laugh at all the stupid faces you make while you play pinball

#6823 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This is actually the first use for the large backglass screen that has interested me. It would have to be homebrew, without a doubt, but it would be a really cool mod to do to the game. But, I'm happy sticking with the smaller screen for now. I can always add that in later.

I would rather the micro camera be at the top of the backbox and show the whole playfield (inverted so right side up). This would be great for others hanging out and watching each other play.

#6824 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

It wouldn't have to be home brew. Arachnid uses 2 cameras in their new dart boards so players can see each other and each other's darts when playing one another online half a world away.

#6825 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Well said man.....years from now, it would interesting to hear the behind scenes stories of what caused delays,

sadly its probably a piece of paper sitting a Fox bean counters desk ready to be signed

#6826 7 years ago

I am bouncing back and forth between SE and LE on this pin. Anyone have the cost of the upgrades to this pin?
Ramps, shaker, 27 inch LCD?

I emailed Andrew a few months ago and the pricing was not available at that time.

#6827 7 years ago

I am assuming the LCD upgrade is the same as FT

#6828 7 years ago

Does the LE automatically include the LCD upgrade, or is that additional (and if so, how much).

#6829 7 years ago

Its additional, $550

#6830 7 years ago

I wonder if there will be many who opt for the LE but not the 27". Anyone here doing that? I'm going for the 27" on my LE.

#6831 7 years ago

I wonder if there will be many who opt for the LE but not the 27". Anyone here doing that? I'm going for the 27" on my LE.

I'm unsure between the large and small LCDs for my LE. Waiting to see the LE art to decide.

#6832 7 years ago

I currently have ordered the smaller screen for my LE. I'll need to see the finished package before deciding on the large screen

-Jeff

#6833 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I currently have ordered the smaller screen for my LE. I'll need to see the finished package before deciding on the large screen

I thought you got all the art with the LE even if you get big screen...if that's the case you could frame it.

I have 27" on Full Throttle and still look up at it even with the play field LCD.

#6834 7 years ago

Yeah, my understanding was you still get both the standard and LE art even with the big screen. I certainly would expect so anyway.

#6835 7 years ago

Le or not, the big screen is 100% the only way to go

#6836 7 years ago

Large screen on my LE. Not even a second thought about it.

#6837 7 years ago

i have an le on order. i assume they contact you before its built to add options? i am gonna go with 27" and check the list of mods for upgrades.

#6838 7 years ago

LE big screen all the way

#6839 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i have an le on order. i assume they contact you before its built to add options? i am gonna go with 27" and check the list of mods for upgrades.

They definitely will....and yes the 27" is a must.....bad ass to the bone on this one... ( heavy scotch night...hope I'm posting ok).....

#6840 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

( heavy scotch night...hope I'm posting ok).....

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

#6841 7 years ago

Obviously old news, but I hadn't seen this video before with the optic lighting for FT. Very well incorporated. Can't wait to see how this looks on the Aliens LE......

#6842 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

And that's about how I felt....a self imposed ban is in effect.....too old, and my recoup time is getting longer....

#6844 7 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

» YouTube video
Alien stuff is at the end.

.......into an interactive adventure

#6845 7 years ago

Looks like he's cramming tons of speech in there, and that's all before you even start the game Dave is the best in the business without question, he's going to knock this out of the park.

Love the look of that user interface on the LCD too! Whomever is coding the video assets is doing a great job.

#6847 7 years ago

The select screen video has got my alien saliva dripping!!!!!

#6848 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Whomever is coding the video assets is doing a great job.

Kelly Mazurowski is creating the video assets (with some direction from Aurich) for Alien Pinball. He is doing a fantastic job. We are doing more than just shoveling video from the movies. There are some very creative/functional visualizations of mode progress that Aurich/Kelly are creating that are all Alien but unique to the pin. Team Alien is creating something special.

#6849 7 years ago

For me unless the gameplay is awful which I just can't imagine this will be the best pinball ever made, like I said for me as its Aliens and even from the small snipit of audio I'm left overly excited. Oh boy I can't wait to see a flipping game, hopefully a month away.

#6850 7 years ago

Damn that looks so good! The attention to detail in just the small slice we've seen hints at an incredible package that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.