DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 601.
#6751 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:You know it just occurred to me that Alien is as old now as Creature From The Black Lagoon was when the 1992 pinball was released. Interesting that the CFTBL movie was considered so kitschy in 1992 and that was reflected in the creative direction for the pinball. Whereas Alien is still just as awesome as it was in 1979 and this is reflected in the very serious creative direction for the pinball.

+1 for this observation. Honestly CFTBL seemed like it was based on a movie from a whole different time/mindset in 1992. Alien seems like it could be released today as an indie film with a straight face. But maybe that is just a sign I am getting old

#6752 7 years ago

I hope Predator is one of the future releases.

#6753 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Is early 2017 a realistic estimate for delivery if ordered now?

My personal opinion is no. But I completely agree with this post:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

DO expect a great machine, and I only bring up the impatience part from a realistic standpoint. Not " pitching" anything...just think Andrew was over zealous in his timeline ( mass produced pinball is new for him). Doesn't affect his ( or Heighways) honesty or integrity imho, unless a deliberate deception occurs ( selling vaporware, full prepay in advance, no refunds, etc.). we've all seen many examples.....This machine IS coming, so whatever...preorder for an LE, wait, don't buy one, whatever. End of the day, my opinion doesn't mean shit to anyone except me.
I admire Andrew for taking nothing but the high road, hasn't engaged in any of the drama, has 1 title already out there, and is insuring his product is improving as the maturation process occurs. THIS= integrity.

#6754 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope Predator is one of the future releases.

I already dropped the idea to Andrew a while back that if they got Predator how cool it would be if you could link them (Fast Break style) and make an AVP. There's a lot you could do with that, but need some similar table features and quite a bit of extra programming.

#6755 7 years ago

There are 5 Resident Evil movies. The last one in this franchise named, Resident Evil Final Chapter, has completed filming and due for a release January 2017.

Someone should nail down the Resident Evil franchise rights now as there aren't going to be anymore in this series, Mia's looks won't last forever! The Resident Evil universe is rich with material... T-Virus, Racoon City, Umbrella Corporation, Alice, etc...

I believe Constantin Films bought the rights for film in 1997 and Sony the distribution rights for all the sequals.

"Despite constant negative reviews, with five films released, the Resident Evil film series is the highest-grossing film series to be based on video games of all time, having grossed US $915 million worldwide."

That's over a Billion Dollars for the film side once the final movie releases, not to mention what the Capcom video game side brought in. Since the introduction of the series in 1996, the series has sold more than 68 million game copies.

I have TWD, will have Alien, and hopeful for this as the third and last in my "dark theme" trifecta collection. Fingers crossed the Heighway Pinball Co. can lock down this license and do this theme justice just like they're expected to do with the Alien theme.

Maybe it will never happen but it's such a big theme with a deep universe that centers on more than just zombies. Stern did zombies already, that's why I'm wishful Heighway can get their hooks into this one and run with it.

It's so easy to wish for all these great title ideas from Heighway Pinball when you don't have to actually shell out for a whole pinball machine and look at it from a playfield swap perspective. So much potential for the future of this company.

#6756 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

+1 for this observation. Honestly CFTBL seemed like it was based on a movie from a whole different time/mindset in 1992. Alien seems like it could be released today as an indie film with a straight face. But maybe that is just a sign I am getting old

For what it's worth, I'm 30 and I agree with you. I watched Alien on TV for years when I was young before I realised how old it actually was.

#6757 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

For what it's worth, I'm 30 and I agree with you. I watched Alien on TV for years when I was young before I realised how old it actually was.

We can stop all this nonsense now....I remember seeing it in the theatre....

#6758 7 years ago

I recall being taken to the Alien theater experience before I was age appropriate. Ever since, I've always known this had skewed my young delicate psyche. That's why I will always have a special place in my heart for the Alien franchise.

#6759 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We can stop all this nonsense now....I remember seeing it in the theatre....

I was 28.

#6760 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

There are 5 Resident Evil movies. The last one in this franchise named, Resident Evil Final Chapter, has completed filming and due for a release January 2017.
Someone should nail down the Resident Evil franchise rights now as there aren't going to be anymore in this series, Mia's looks won't last forever! The Resident Evil universe is rich with material... T-Virus, Racoon City, Umbrella Corporation, Alice, etc...
I believe Constantin Films bought the rights for film in 1997 and Sony the distribution rights for all the sequals.
"Despite constant negative reviews, with five films released, the Resident Evil film series is the highest-grossing film series to be based on video games of all time, having grossed US $915 million worldwide."
That's over a Billion Dollars for the film side once the final movie releases, not to mention what the Capcom video game side brought in. Since the introduction of the series in 1996, the series has sold more than 68 million game copies.
I have TWD, will have Alien, and hopeful for this as the third and last in my "dark theme" trifecta collection. Fingers crossed the Heighway Pinball Co. can lock down this license and do this theme justice just like they're expected to do with the Alien theme.
Maybe it will never happen but it's such a big theme with a deep universe that centers on more than just zombies. Stern did zombies already, that's why I'm wishful Heighway can get their hooks into this one and run with it.
It's so easy to wish for all these great title ideas from Heighway Pinball when you don't have to actually shell out for a whole pinball machine and look at it from a playfield swap perspective. So much potential for the future of this company.

Agreed, but base it purely on the game, not the film series. Would be a good compliment to Walking Dead

#6761 7 years ago

Just picked up a Full Throttle, so I'm jumping on the Alien bandwagon.

Two quick questions:
1. Is there a suggested MSRP for the playfield module? I see the price for the LE/Standard game, but nothing for just the swappable module.
2. Is there any difference between the standard and LE playfield, or is it just a matter of the cab being different?

#6762 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

1. Is there a suggested MSRP for the playfield module? I see the price for the LE/Standard game, but nothing for just the swappable module.

Yes there is, 60% of the price of a standard edition full game.

Quoted from BeaglePuss:

2. Is there any difference between the standard and LE playfield, or is it just a matter of the cab being different?

Yes there is. The LE has the fiber optic ramps installed. For the SE this is an upgrade option.

Rumours are that there will be some subtile differences between the LE and SE playfield versions. Like maybe the LE gets different art on the plastics. But as said, rumours

#6763 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yes there is, 60% of the price of a standard edition full game.

Yes there is. The LE has the fiber optic ramps installed. For the SE this is an upgrade option.
Rumours are that there will be some subtile differences between the LE and SE playfield versions. Like maybe the LE gets different art on the plastics. But as said, rumours

Fantastic! Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply.

#6764 7 years ago

Thanks for posting that quick video interview with Andrew!

So from what I can gather the last few months, it sounds like they hope to have Aliens completed on their end sometime in August, then work with Fox for final submission & approval during September, and then finally have a full official reveal at Expo in mid-October.

This seem like the game plan for some time now. No need for sneak peaks either. Just roll into Expo & BAM.....blow everybody away with their awesome creation & become the buzz of the show. Then watch the LE models sell out in minutes!

Couple more months to go

#6765 7 years ago

Last post in this thread by Andrew was 19 days ago:

Andrew,
You still on track for revealing a production game by end of August?

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi Jeff - yes, we believe we are

#6766 7 years ago

Would like to support the company direct but I think it might make more sense as an American to buy from Cointaker. Never bought a NIB, and haven't even seen gameplay can't believe I thinking of putting down a deposit!

#6767 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Would like to support the company direct but I think it might make more sense as an American to buy from Cointaker. Never bought a NIB, and haven't even seen gameplay can't believe I thinking of putting down a deposit!

I just ordered an LE today from Melissa at CoinTaker and couldn't be happier. She is great to deal with and I agree that we need to support the folks who are here to support our pinball needs. It's a win-win.

#6768 7 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Would like to support the company direct but I think it might make more sense as an American to buy from Cointaker.

Bought a Full Throttle direct from Heighway no issues.

#6769 7 years ago

I could never get a call back from cointaker...went direct.

#6770 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I could never get a call back from cointaker...went direct.

It is incredibly difficult to get ahold of her. Im doing the same tomorrow.

#6771 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

It is incredibly difficult to get ahold of her. Im doing the same tomorrow.

Andrew called me direct, answered my questions about the options.... Seemed flawless.

#6772 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing.....Ive talked to Melissa once.....since than, ive called and emailed...and Melissa hasnt responded.

#6773 7 years ago

Are you guys sure you have the right email? Melissa returned three of my emails yesterday (all very fast too) and answered all my questions/has been very helpful. Heighway took weeks to get back to me.

#6774 7 years ago

I assume these pics are old news but it's the first time I've seen close ups

http://www.primepinball.com/blog/2016/2/17/alien-pinball-update

#6775 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

I think they are in this thread along with a video of where they came from

#6776 7 years ago

Melissa called me right back this morning All is good

#6777 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Haven't seen that before.... So nice!

#6778 7 years ago

If things go well, I expect we will see some Aliens at Texas 2017. I will lobby hard to get an Alien kit for my FT delivered there by Cointaker.

#6779 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best abortion scene ever filmed.

And it went.... wherever I..... did go!

#6780 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Thanks for the link! Is the the play field for standerd and LE? Is the the final rendering or just a prototype?

#6781 7 years ago

That's not the final playfield, no, but it's relatively close.

#6782 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's not the final playfield, no, but it's relatively close.

Any LE art teasers for our fellow pre-order Pinsiders and others who are interested

#6783 7 years ago

At this rate, the first game will be finished in 2122 when the Nostromo actually lands on LV-426. Ha.

#6784 7 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

At this rate, the first game will be finished in 2122 when the Nostromo actually lands on LV-426. Ha.

This isn't being made by JJP jokester.....

#6786 7 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

c9a9a396aa990d598483423e56fe7570_(resized).jpgc9a9a396aa990d598483423e56fe7570_(resized).jpg

#6787 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

This isn't being made by JJP jokester.....

Yet with every passing month, they get closer and closer to being in the same territory time wise. Alien is already well over a year late (was supposed to be ready by April 2015).

#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yet with every passing month, they get closer and closer to being in the same territory time wise. Alien is already well over a year late (was supposed to be ready by April 2015).

Yep...about half a year to go.

#6789 7 years ago

Thats a very valid point about Alien delays, but im pretty sure those Full Throttles went out the door a lot quicker than WOZ did.....

#6790 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Been following for a while, just jumped in 2 weeks ago... feels new to me. I could care less how long it takes...just get it right the first time.

#6791 7 years ago

It seems Alien will likely have slowdowns because you have Fox approving everything every step of the way. Fox needs to protect their franchise, while Heighway needs to get the pin out to customers. I can wait for quality.

#6792 7 years ago

The good news is we are close......time will fly, and expo upon us.....most of the wait behind us, and there were cool improvements made during the wait ( mainly that screen!!!).....can't wait to see/ play this damn thing!!!

#6793 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The good news is we are close......time will fly, and expo upon us.....most of the wait behind us, and there were cool improvements made during the wait ( mainly that screen!!!).....can't wait to see/ play this damn thing!!!

Absolutely! I'm moving to Chicago next month, so you KNOW that I will be at Expo this year to see what Andrew has for us.

#6794 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Absolutely! I'm moving to Chicago next month, so you KNOW that I will be at Expo this year to see what Andrew has for us.

I shall see you there.....no way I'm missing this!!!

#6795 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No kidding!!!! Did everyone upgrade their lcd screen? Right now....i have not.

#6796 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

No kidding!!!! Did everyone upgrade their lcd screen? Right now....i have not.

I did it the day I saw the video......badass is the understatement of the year when you see some of the interaction on it....this is going to be unbelievable w it on the big screen AND playfield...

#6797 7 years ago

I'm going to expo. Last year I saw some awesome video from Andrew. I hope I get to play a prototype this year.

-Jeff

#6798 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Been following for a while, just jumped in 2 weeks ago... feels new to me. I could care less how long it takes...just get it right the first time.

Then why did you feel the need to make your stupid comparison to JJP?

#6799 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I did it the day I saw the video......badass is the understatement of the year when you see some of the interaction on it....this is going to be unbelievable w it on the big screen AND playfield...

Damn secret video i will have to see the reveal to make a final decision.....im sure its going to be a no brainer

#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Damn secret video i will have to see the reveal to make a final decision.....im sure its going to be a no brainer

Yep.......I'm sort of glad for no more " teaser" anything....FOX wants it DONE before it's shown, and that's really what we all want at this point ...a FINISHED machine to play and drool on...let them make a few tweaks based on the thrashing, then send mine to the house!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/136?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.