zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 601.
#6701 7 years ago
Quoted from ShaneBolda:

How can you combine Alien and Aliens??? Alien is the one and only... they are 2 different films... one is a lame action egotrip remake and the other is an original horror masterpiece... the concept and art direction immediately clashes with itself :/

You are in the minority WRT your feelings towards Aliens.

Personally, I look at the inclusion of both movies as a benefit. As Aurich has mentioned, they will have more suspenseful modes for Alien and more hectic modes for Aliens. Sounds great to me, best of both worlds!

#6702 7 years ago

Aliens 3 , Alien Resurrection and Prometheus. Chuck them all in the pinball, why not.
Does it really matter?

#6703 7 years ago

I wouldn't put prometheus on the pin. But if they had Alien 3 in there that would not be a problem.

#6704 7 years ago

I'd like'em all!

#6705 7 years ago
Quoted from ShaneBolda:

How can you combine Alien and Aliens??? Alien is the one and only... they are 2 different films... one is a lame action egotrip remake and the other is an original horror masterpiece... the concept and art direction immediately clashes with itself :/

The 'quality' of a movie says not much about how the pin is going to look like, but........

From what I have seen, both in the 2 movies and how they are integrated in the prototype pin there is a perfect match

#6706 7 years ago

Isn't that one of the goals with the design? To have 2 distinctive experiences depending on which movie you are in?

#6707 7 years ago

Today I spoke with Andrew and Alien also was a subject. You can immediately tell that his passion for this theme is like beyond great.

The Alien franchise is here for almost 37 years. That is amazing and there still is a large fan base. Heighway feel themselves obliged to deliver nothing but a stunning product that is worthy to be part of this great franchise. So I think we really have something going on here to look forward to.

#6709 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

The Alien franchise is here for almost 37 years.

You know it just occurred to me that Alien is as old now as Creature From The Black Lagoon was when the 1992 pinball was released. Interesting that the CFTBL movie was considered so kitschy in 1992 and that was reflected in the creative direction for the pinball. Whereas Alien is still just as awesome as it was in 1979 and this is reflected in the very serious creative direction for the pinball.

#6710 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Isn't that one of the goals with the design? To have 2 distinctive experiences depending on which movie you are in?

This will be really cool. It's one game that I know will be more fun at home in a dark room with the sound way up!

#6712 7 years ago

Who is in on an LE?

#6713 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I wouldn't put prometheus on the pin.

Best abortion scene ever filmed.

prometheus-abortion_(resized).pngprometheus-abortion_(resized).png

#6714 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best abortion scene ever filmed.

Actually, the baby survived!

#6716 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Did it?

I though she hits some Destruct or Decontaminate button and it gets killed in the surgery tube.....it's been a few years, lol

#6717 7 years ago

It's really a c-section. It also forgot to close the uterus and abdominal wall. The staples in the skin were cute, but she would have died about an hour later instead of running the Alien decathlon.

Yeah... I know.

#6719 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yes indeed. Great scene.

1aengineercuddlues2_(resized).jpg1aengineercuddlues2_(resized).jpg
2serbwi_(resized).png2serbwi_(resized).png
4aoopyb_(resized).png4aoopyb_(resized).png
32703765-2z3w29d_(resized).png32703765-2z3w29d_(resized).png

#6720 7 years ago

Not sure what I'm looking forward to more...
This pin or the prequel sequel

#6721 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

It's really a c-section. It also forgot to close the uterus and abdominal wall. The staples in the skin were cute, but she would have died about an hour later instead of running the Alien decathlon.
Yeah... I know.

That's because the machine was calibrated for men, wasn't it? Men don't need at that mamby-pamby sewing of the abdominal wall, just a few cosmetic staples to keep our guts from falling out and we're good to go!

#6722 7 years ago

Is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker?

#6723 7 years ago

Here is the alien abortion for anyone that did not see it:

It looks like an ectopic pregnancy, with the squid developing outside of the uterus.

#6724 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here is the alien abortion for anyone that did not see it:
» YouTube video
It looks like an ectopic pregnancy, with the squid developing outside of the uterus.

3d9_(resized).png3d9_(resized).png

#6725 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker?

I ordered mine from Melissa at Cointakers. Although this is only the second pin I ordered from her, I was just major league impressed with her friendliness and conversations. Plus, she saved me the hassles of shipping and dock fees (and whatever else) and made arrangements just to have it shipped to my house. I think any which way would be fine, but I just felt more comfortable doing it this way.

Can't wait to get this one! C'mon Andrew, bring it home to daddy!!

#6726 7 years ago

"That thing's going to eat through the goddamn hull! Come On!" (Search all decks, Avoid the Acid)

"Let's Go! Move it out!"

"Come on let's go!! Fall back!!"

#6727 7 years ago
Quoted from ShaneBolda:

For the record I downvoted because you called Aliens lame, not because you criticized anything related to the pin. Lame? You're crazy man!

They're two different films, yes, but both great in their own ways. I truly love them both, but if I flip on the TV to see one in progress Aliens is the one I'm more likely to say "ah, screwit, gonna just watch from the middle".

But to answer your question with more seriousness, IMHO the game is much better for having both. Honestly from a pure pinball perspective Aliens works better, simply because it's got more action, more catchy callouts, just more material to draw from. We're carefully balancing things to use both films, but Aliens probably has a little more presence simply because of that.

We're working towards a new prototype right now. Some last minute CAD tweaks are slowing things down slightly, but hopefully just by a week or two. Meanwhile I just saw some sweet new animations for an Aliens mode that's been renamed to COMBAT DROP, should feature lots of Hudson speech. I think fans know what I'm getting at. People who think the movie is lame might not!

#6728 7 years ago

"We're on an express elevator to hell, going down!"

Love all those classic Hudson quotes...

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000855/quotes

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#6729 7 years ago

Is there an alien pinball update in here? I have to go page after page for anything.

Are there recent videos? or pictures? release date?

#6730 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is there an alien pinball update in here? I have to go page after page for anything.

There is a simple pinside tool you can use. Use it on Aurich's posts too in this thread and that should save you time...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/117#post-3151412

#6731 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Are there recent videos? or pictures? release date?

Just look for the blue posts by heighway, that's where any update will be.

#6732 7 years ago

I guess that means DROPSHIP mode is now COMBAT DROP mode.

#6733 7 years ago

Hopefully a month away from a reveal of this pin, I need it.

#6734 7 years ago

I'm eager to see the Alien game too. Heighway knows there is a lot riding on this title and I have to believe they are going all out to get it right. If they do, they secure their immediate future and give themselves a chance to go back and polish Full Throttle a bit. If they get it right, I will be in for Alien!

#6735 7 years ago

New interview highlights with Andrew Heighway from Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown right here!

#6736 7 years ago

I'm very seriously considering Alien LE for my next NIB after GB LE. I know that putting down a deposit before that "secret" first gameplay video comes out will be important in order to lock in an LE spot. I have two questions that I would please like some Pinside wisdom on.

Is early 2017 a realistic estimate for delivery if ordered now? (I have no problem waiting for quality.)

Should I order from Cointaker or right from Heighway?

Thanks; please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

#6737 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm very seriously considering Alien LE for my next NIB after GB LE. I know that putting down a deposit before that "secret" first gameplay video comes out will be important in order to lock in an LE spot. I have two questions that I would please like some Pinside wisdom on.
Is early 2017 a realistic estimate for delivery if ordered now? (I have no problem waiting for quality.)
Should I order from Cointaker or right from Heighway?
Thanks; please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Pre order without any expectations!

I preo'd direct early on and looking back at all the missed release dates made me a little bitter...not from an impatient standpoint like mk6 always tries to pitch at me, but more from an expectation of honesty and integrity especially from a new startup trying to build trust!

I like Andrew Heighway and the enthusiasm he brings, and I really hope his talk of "consolidation in pinball" doesn't become a statement of irony...

#6738 7 years ago

I would wait for Queen that game should be a great seller

#6739 7 years ago

#6740 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

New interview highlights with Andrew Heighway from Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown right here!
» YouTube video

Well, how was the video?

#6741 7 years ago

How many LE's are left?

#6742 7 years ago

I can't believe so many people are pre-ordering without seeing the gameplay video.

#6743 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Pre order without any expectations!
I preo'd direct early on and looking back at all the missed release dates made me a little bitter...not from an impatient standpoint like mk6 always tries to pitch at me, but more from an expectation of honesty and integrity especially from a new startup trying to build trust!
I like Andrew Heighway and the enthusiasm he brings, and I really hope his talk of "consolidation in pinball" doesn't become a statement of irony...

DO expect a great machine, and I only bring up the impatience part from a realistic standpoint. Not " pitching" anything...just think Andrew was over zealous in his timeline ( mass produced pinball is new for him). Doesn't affect his ( or Heighways) honesty or integrity imho, unless a deliberate deception occurs ( selling vaporware, full prepay in advance, no refunds, etc.). we've all seen many examples.....This machine IS coming, so whatever...preorder for an LE, wait, don't buy one, whatever. End of the day, my opinion doesn't mean shit to anyone except me.

I admire Andrew for taking nothing but the high road, hasn't engaged in any of the drama, has 1 title already out there, and is insuring his product is improving as the maturation process occurs. THIS= integrity.

#6744 7 years ago

» YouTube video

What I liked that I learned is that they have another three games on the way and one already has the rules done. Awesome.

That game swapping feature is really going to be put to use!

#6745 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How many LE's are left?

0 after that video or an updated version of it is made public.....

#6746 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

What I liked that I learned is that they have another three games on the way and one already has the rules done. Awesome.
That game swapping feature is really going to be put to use!

I'm really hoping he got South Park....

#6747 7 years ago

I heard he(Andrew) was friends w/J.K. Rowling

#6748 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I heard he(Andrew) was friends w/J.K. Rowling

Oh no! Please no

#6749 7 years ago

» YouTube video

That's Weebl in a wig.

#6750 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Oh no! Please no

That would sell like mad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 30,030 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.