• 23,980 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by webdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,697 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg
DSC04644.JPG - Fotogalerie (resized).jpg
20190308_192130.jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110116 (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190308_131215 (resized).jpg
20190308_130731 (resized).jpg
20190308_125131 (resized).jpg
20190306_103839.jpg
20190305_220352.jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 23980 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 480.
#6601 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have never seen the exorcist.

The Exorcist took a piece of heart and The Exorcist 3 took what was left, both should be high on ur list of must see's.

look-back-exorcist-3-1990-842275_(resized).jpg

#6603 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

See here:
https://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow/v/70537626
Discussion of Alien sound starts at 36:45.

This video has been taken down. Is there a new link?

#6604 2 years ago

Mike Lorraine put this up last week

#6605 2 years ago

I love these guys.

#6606 2 years ago

That's hilarious.

But...I'm not sure how showing Lamberts aereola is one of the sins, can't outer space be sexy?

#6607 2 years ago

Catching up on this pin. When is it scheduled for release?

#6608 2 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

The plan is this Fall. That's as specific as anyone can say right now.

#6609 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks for the speedy response. I'll keep following. Excited to see more.

#6610 2 years ago

#6611 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Oh shit!!!

#6612 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Yep, didn't catch it until i looked at the threads posted in.

#6613 2 years ago

Kanada's in heaven now... posting as a girl AND getting Aurich to talk to him. That's a win-win baby!

#6614 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Exorcist took a piece of heart and The Exorcist 3 took what was left, both should be high on ur list of must see's.

piece of heart? and what about excorcist 2? will my outlook on humanity and eventually my avatar change to something like yours after I watch 'em?

#6615 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

piece of heart? and what about excorcist 2? will my outlook on humanity and eventually my avatar change to something like yours after I watch 'em?

Exorcist - Great for the time, but overrated.
Exorcist 2 - Great as a joke, total 70s disco nightmare, Pazuzu!
Exorcist 3 - very underrated, one of the best sound designs IMO, watch it every October, end suffers a touch as there were some reshoots ordered. Still waiting for a Directors cut that was announced last year I think?

#6616 2 years ago

Brexit kind of ruined my thought about buying this If we have to add customs and tax like in other none-eu countries it will be to expensive..

#6617 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exorcist 3 - very underrated, one of the best sound designs IMO, watch it every October, end suffers a touch as there were some reshoots ordered. Still waiting for a Directors cut that was announced last year I think?

Me too

Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'm a major original StarTrek fan series and films so ur avatar could stay the same, forget about #2 but 1 and 3 Exorcist films are really quite good all around movies not just because of the evilness yet for me it helps a lot.

#6618 2 years ago

hmmm last 3/4 pages...

q2v0h_(resized).jpg

#6619 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Brexit kind of ruined my thought about buying this If we have to add customs and tax like in other none-eu countries it will be to expensive..

Can you prepay now?

#6620 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

You do realize Brexit won't affect anything for 2-3 years. Alien pinball will have shipped well before then. We all hope

#6621 2 years ago

Ahh...shipping, duty, brokerage, 13% tax, currency exchange....good times.

#6622 2 years ago

You do realize Brexit won't affect anything for 2-3 years. Alien pinball will have shipped well before then. We all hope

Wow, still here, huh? Impressive.

#6623 2 years ago

cockroaches-can-survive-a-nuclear-war_(resized).jpg

#6624 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Newt, she's a huge part of Aliens, the relationship between her and Ripley is part of what makes the film work so well. I'm stoked that we're trying to integrate her into the game more personally.
If anyone tries to tell me that the the they come out at night mostly line isn't a famous Aliens quotable I'm gonna laugh at them!

I like the idea of more Newt so long as the pin has Ripley. Can't have an Alien(s) pin without Ellen Ripley. If Newt is a huge part of Aliens then Ripley is Alien(s).

#6625 2 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I like the idea of more Newt so long as the pin has Ripley. Can't have an Alien(s) pin without Ellen Ripley. If Newt is a huge part of Aliens then Ripley is Alien(s).

I heard this just yesterday that Ripley might not be there. I also heard there is a Jonesy (the cat) mode or something. Along with Newt multiball I'm wonder what the licencing agreement is about.

Can someone confirm or denie please.

#6626 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Brexit kind of ruined my thought about buying this

Don't believe the crap they are spewing on MSLSD.

#6627 2 years ago

Newt sucks.

Need more Hicks.

#6628 2 years ago

You was in Wooley's unit, wasn't you?

#6629 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Newt sucks.
Need more Hicks.

I could see some type of rescue Newt multiball

Hicks had a ton of great lines....

#6630 2 years ago

Since my last post, I have been in contact with Andrew. He was very upfront and reasonable. I have also seen video of the game. I can confirm that it looks impressive. The pop bumper/eggs look great. Rotating beacons on the back box are striking. Audio clips seem to be well integrated. Modes in the game, especially with video, seem intense, in keeping with the theme. Most importantly, "game over, man" is used appropriately.

I was impressed enough to stick with it. I think this will be a great game.

#6631 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Since my last post, I have been in contact with Andrew. He was very upfront and reasonable. I have also seen video of the game. I can confirm that it looks impressive. The pop bumper/eggs look great. Rotating beacons on the back box are striking. Audio clips seem to be well integrated. Modes in the video seem intense, in keeping with the theme. Most importantly, "game over, man" is used appropriately.

Oh really! Well then, Andrew I would like to cancel my pre-order as well & can you please send me to the customer retention department for my screening of the secret video so I can decide if I want to "stick with it"

#6632 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Heighway_mind_trick_(resized).jpg

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

On the bright side US buyers are sitting in a pretty good spot now, the dollar vs the pound hasn't looked this good for a long time.

I've been spending my Saturday working on revising the playfield for the latest (and hopefully final) CAD and watching streams of the CEO Street Fighter tournament out of Florida. But anytime I've taken a break to check Twitter or Facebook all I'm seeing is Brexit talk. Whichever side you're on, if you even have a side, it's a bloody mess right now, that's for sure.

#6634 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Let me translate this...

May 2018

))

#6635 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

On the bright side US buyers are sitting in a pretty good spot now, the dollar vs the pound hasn't looked this good for a long time.

Yea, but Heighway specifies US dollars for US buyers, not pounds...so in this case it doesn't help.

#6636 2 years ago

I tend to turn off social media during moment's like Brexit. Between that and the media, you'd think the world was coming to an end. In two weeks, nobody will be talking about it. It won't effect the price of Alien pinball, as someone mentioned, US buyers paying in US currency. Pinball is a fun escape from this screwed up world

#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've been spending my Saturday working on revising the playfield for the latest (and hopefully final) CAD and watching streams of the CEO Street Fighter tournament out of Florida. But anytime I've taken a break to check Twitter or Facebook all I'm seeing is Brexit talk. Whichever side you're on, if you even have a side, it's a bloody mess right now, that's for sure.

But you already have Stern and others in us.

#6638 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As the folks above pointed out... This statement is wrong. It shouldn't be... But it is...

#6639 2 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Ahh...shipping, duty, brokerage

hehe he said duty

#6640 2 years ago

I guess Aurich is allowed to purchase direct, in pounds. Which is of course great for him and would explain why he did not have to read Heighway's order page.

Wish I had a buddy in England, one that would order for me and export to me incl. getting the VAT back. I would love to take advantage of the exchange rate.

The US supplier is enjoying an ever growing margin. It would make more sense for Heighway to gain sales numbers due to a dropping price point instead. At least right now in the early stages of the company where they need daily cash flow. Instead a non-stocking dealer makes more and more money per sale.

#6641 2 years ago

It looks to be about a $300 USD difference, with the FX fluctuation due to the Brezit. I suppose Heighway hasn't had an opportunity to update the prices to reflect the current economic climate. Let's see what happens...

#6642 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Newt sucks.
Need more Hicks.

any hudson, apone or Vasquez ? : P

#6643 2 years ago

I would personally like the option of paying in pounds sterling as a direct customer. As a Canadian, I'm already having to switch from Canadian dollars to US$, and paying exchange on that. So I'm getting double hit.

In the past, when I compared Heighway's US$ to UKP (minus VAT), the price was pretty close. So he does seem to try and match, but with the extreme volatility going on, I don't expect him to revise pricing every day so why not just let us buy in pounds (for those of us who want to do that).

#6644 2 years ago

No no, it'll be fine with Newt. It's gonna be her present day. Imitating Ripley.

Brexit, Schmexit. I'm paying either the same price or maybe, just maybe, a bit cheaper; but no other changes. Idiot panic on the stock exchange, like any of this is a surprise. It's an international cash grab, except no one is sure which type of cash to grab. The English people are incredibly resilient. And forward thinking. They'll be fine.

On that note... I'm a Scot. So, there's that.

#6645 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

any hudson, apone or Vasquez ? : P

Look into my eye...

#6646 2 years ago

I tend to turn off social media during moment's like Brexit. Between that and the media, you'd think the world was coming to an end.

Ehhhhh, yeah, you should have left the social media turned on.....the world ended, and now you've missed it.

#6647 2 years ago

I was planning on buying an Alien LE, but am really not a fan of the green cabinet powder coating. Is it possible to get all the LE design and features in the stock black cabinet?

#6648 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is it possible to get all the LE design and features in the stock black cabinet?

I'm guessing that'd be no problem. They let me turn my standard Full Throttle cabinet in to basically an LE by adding features. Now I have a black cabinet/black trim/ and a shaker ready for an Alien kit.

#6649 2 years ago

TFW you leave the house for work and remember you left the social media on.

#6650 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was planning on buying an Alien LE, but am really not a fan of the green cabinet powder coating. Is it possible to get all the LE design and features in the stock black cabinet?

Technically yes, but the cabinet and backbox art is LE specific and is not available as upgrade for a standard version.

So you can buy the standard Alien version and add the following upgrades:
- Shaker
- Fiber optic ramps
- Beacons

(p.s. maybe you can opt for Chrome armor on the LE but you have to discuss this with Heighway as I do not know if this option is available for the Alien LE version (it will be for the Full Throttle LE)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 23980 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 480.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside