DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 601.
#601 9 years ago

Just a cool thought for a feature of this game, since there is the lcd on the pf and I seem to recall some talk/possibility of side panel screens on the side of the cabinet? I don't know if that's verified, anyways, my idea is that when the ball drops into a subway, maybe the screen shows the alien in a duct, and the possibility of a game mode where another ball drops into play while the subway ball is held and you have to make shots to shoot the flamethrower and push it back. If you succeed, you get 2 ball multiball, if you fail, the other ball pops out and back into play (possibly with some penalty? I don't know)

Maybe we are past that point in development, but if you could implement that it would freaking awesome and would really capture what, especially, the first alien is about. Since you listed that there will be multiple modes possibly, with alien and aliens included, if you're in Aliens mode you could sub the flamethrower for the auto-turret.

Anyways, while I'm going to wait to pick this game up until it's released, I am very excited about it and look forward to the upcoming details of it.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just a cool thought for a feature of this game, since there is the lcd on the pf and I seem to recall some talk/possibility of side panel screens on the side of the cabinet? I don't know if that's verified, anyways, my idea is that when the ball drops into a subway, maybe the screen shows the alien in a duct, and the possibility of a game mode where another ball drops into play while the subway ball is held and you have to make shots to shoot the flamethrower and push it back. If you succeed, you get 2 ball multiball, if you fail, the other ball pops out and back into play (possibly with some penalty? I don't know)

Interesting idea! At this time, nothing is set in stone. We do plan to include modes from both the Alien and Aliens movies. As you can imagine we have a ton of material to choose from but only the best ideas will make it to the final game.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Russell,
Thank you for posting...I'll be checking the forum regularly, and couldn't be more excited for a title than this one!!!!....communication form your Team has been nothing short of amazing to this point, and greatly appreciated....hooray...ALIEN!!!!!!....mark

Thank you. Communication is key to our success...and a great end product of course!

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Thank you. Communication is key to our success...and a great end product of course!

Yep....

Any hints on

Dual displays
Interactive sidepanels (know they are already lit)Interactive fiber lighting on ramps?

Never hurts to ask..... ....mark (and yep, I'm in on #212, btw)...

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Glad to be joining this thread. I'm Russell Speak, Media Producer at Heighway Pinball. If you're a fan of virtual pinball then you're probably already aware of my work. I've been building and modding exact replicas of real word tables for years. I also design and build my own tables using the Future Pinball game editor.
I'm very excited to be working on Alien Pinball. I'm a huge fan of the movies and this really is a fantastic opportunity for us.
My job as Media Producer involves working on the art package, LCD graphics and animations, music and sounds, the rule set, the lighting effects....I also build the video game simulations of our games and produce our YouTube videos.
Having (almost) completed the media package for Full Throttle, Alien will be my second table.
I'll be uploading some exclusive pictures and providing more details about Alien Pinball in our own forums at http://www.heighwaypinball.com over the next few days. I will also answer any questions and welcome any ideas or suggestions you have for this game.

Wow! An OFFICIAL open invitation for pinsiders to express what we would really like to see in the upcoming Alien pin! Thank you Russell. I'm sure you will get some interesting ideas!

#606 9 years ago

Some nice Alien updates on the heighway website forum www.heighwaypinball.com

#607 9 years ago

Yeah some really cool stuff on the Heighway forum. The LCD mockups look great, Slam is doing a great job so far.

I'm now in on the game with LE# 157 - in commemoration of the colonist souls lost on Hadley's Hope.

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Glad to be joining this thread. I'm Russell Speak, Media Producer at Heighway Pinball.

Mr. Speak, Although I'm not pre-ordered I want to let you know Heighway Pinball has me pretty excited for 2015. One of the reasons is the companies communication in this forum and obviously the assets/info you've released so far. Thanks for joining and I look forward to additional details being released in the upcoming months. I think an Aliens pinball would like really nice in my office!

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Thank for your comments Chris.
Watch out for a major announcement from us later this week...
Now I am off to get an Alien whitewood playfield cut!

so what is the announcement?

#610 9 years ago

The 'Alien Pinball' bare whitewood playfield is revealed in today's YouTube video update:

#612 9 years ago

And here is a photo of the bare 'Alien Pinball' whitewood playfield...

Alien Whitewood - Bare.JPGAlien Whitewood - Bare.JPG
#613 9 years ago

[quote]Barry Oursler has joined our company:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barry-oursler-joins-heighway-pinball [/quote]

Great news! Can't wait to see what the new game will be.

#614 9 years ago

Kinda weird... Flipper shapes, slings and pop bumper diameters are cut out....

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Kinda weird... Flipper shapes, slings and pop bumper diameters are cut out....

That's the heighway modular system, they all pop out for quick replacement.

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's the heighway modular system, they all pop out for quick replacement.

Oh really? Learned something new. I thought it was just a quick swap of playfields, didn't know some components would have to be swapped over too. Seems like there's potential for a ball trap with a flipper up.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I thought it was just a quick swap of playfields, didn't know some components would have to be swapped over too.

They don't. The PF's come complete. (to my knowledge at least)

The swap-out feature is so you don't have to disassemble slings, flippers and pops to take the mech out of the game for service. They just unscrew from the underside and drop thru the PF.

#618 9 years ago

I see now, there's a plate that fills the hole from underneath.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

They don't. The PF's come complete. (to my knowledge at least)
The swap-out feature is so you don't have to disassemble slings, flippers and pops to take the mech out of the game for service. They just unscrew from the underside and drop thru the PF.

Next level conceptualization and foresight. Congratulations Heighway Pinball!

#620 9 years ago

How much would a replacement flipper assembly run?

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

How much would a replacement flipper assembly run?

dunno, but I think the thinking behind it is an operator can have a spare, replace it on location, take the broken one with him and fix it at his shop, instead of trying to repair it at the location. So swappable does not mean disposable.

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

dunno, but I think the thinking behind it is an operator can have a spare, replace it on location, take the broken one with him and fix it at his shop, instead of trying to repair it at the location. So swappable does not mean disposable.

I was also thinking that it will make it easier on those that aren't as savvy trying to repair/replace parts on their own machines.

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Definitely makes sense when it's put that way. Less time fixing, more time earning.

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Definitely makes sense when it's put that way. Less time fixing, more time earning.

or more time playing

#625 9 years ago

I hope your agreement precluded him from making a pinside account..

Post edited by ZenTron: nyob

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

I was also thinking that it will make it easier on those that aren't as savvy trying to repair/replace parts on their own machines.

yeah, I don't know how to solder. I own all new Sterns which for the most part haven't fallen apart yet. I like the idea of having some spare parts around and just using a screwdriver.

#627 9 years ago

Good news having Oursler onboard. I think his layouts are often really 'new' (not counting JackBot). Re-used parts of design aren't a problem (Pat Lawlor with some of his games comes to mind, still great games though!), but the games I can think of designed by Oursler are nice and very different from each other (BSD, DrWho, Pinbot, Dirty Harry, WhoDunnit?)

Sure hope Heighway can get to a stage were they're really producing. I think they will, seeing how much they've invested and done already: you don't do that just to quit later on. (I'm just not sure if the 'januari'-schedule is realistic... would like to see them actually build a first game.... as said, I'm confident they will do so someday in 2015)

#628 9 years ago

Wasn't BSD originally going to be an Alien pin? Seems like fate having Mr Oursler pitch in here.

#629 9 years ago

No inserts in the white wood yet.
I'm assuming there not sure on exact location at this stage???
And yes the cut outs look very different from a standard table.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

No inserts in the white wood yet.
I'm assuming there not sure on exact location at this stage???
And yes the cut outs look very different from a standard table.

In the first 30 seconds of the video above Andrew states the whitewood was just picked up that morning before Holiday break and work will commence after. But I suspect someone won't be able to contain themselves and will be messing with it before break.

#631 9 years ago

#632 9 years ago

Man I hope these guys can pull it off and put out some stellar pins. I watch this thread like a hawk, knowing it won't take much for me to put a down payment on their Alien pin. I kinda worry about the shipping to the States though.

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I kinda worry about the shipping to the States though.

They have a chicago depot. All games will be sent from there. You only need to pay for shipping from chicago.

#634 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing this video RobT. Among the many things discussed it was interesting learning a little more about the cabinet features and design. Nice to hear the side panel art will be LED lit from both the top and the bottom. Should make for an outstanding presence.

#635 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing Rob!!!....just getting back into pinball land ( a bit) after Christmas, and seeing this is great. I really like the countersunk coin door, and what appears to be the great attention to detail they are providing on all aspects of their process.

I like Andrew more every time he appears on one of these things....seems confident and genuine.....mark

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They have a chicago depot. All games will be sent from there. You only need to pay for shipping from chicago.

hooray!!!

#637 9 years ago

Any chance of a Canadian distributer? That would be great.

#638 9 years ago

that gloss red is slick!!

#639 9 years ago

If there is enough interest they should
Ship directly to the West Coast
Run through my warehouse and save
On shipping and way faster

Any west coast pre orders?

#640 9 years ago

Australian distributor?

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

If there is enough interest they should
Ship directly to the West Coast
Run through my warehouse and save
On shipping and way faster
Any west coast pre orders?

im in...norcal...wouldnt mind picking it up

#642 9 years ago

Great interview. Andrew's enthusiasm is communicative; I had the pleasure to share dinner with the Highway team in Saint Etienne and found the same passion with the man in person.

The glossy red cabinet finish is stunning. I was a bit disappointed to learn that this was not for the Pro version - make it an option? If a customer is buying only one cabinet and buying several kits later, it would make sense to have the nicest possible one?

Wish I could make it for the FT launch party on Jan 16... sadly in between planes at that time.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The glossy red cabinet finish is stunning. I was a bit disappointed to learn that this was not for the Pro version - make it an option?

One of the videos says that the cab sides are replaceable to change finish or color.

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Awesome. Thanks Frolic!

#645 9 years ago

time for a change of avatars.....

TALK TO ME HUDSON!!!

#646 9 years ago

... and look into my eye

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

yeah, I don't know how to solder. I own all new Sterns which for the most part haven't fallen apart yet. I like the idea of having some spare parts around and just using a screwdriver.

Super easy to do. Watch a YouTube vid, you're halfway there.

If you were closer I would teach ya in 5 minutes.

#648 9 years ago

Looks promising. Build them and we can talk sales.

Love to get me an Alien pin.

#649 9 years ago

The more I see the more I like on heighway pinball. Modularity is the key to keeping prices low and easily repairable by swapping out parts for pins on route. Also working on code on a digital version means code done by the time the whitewood is finalized (something Stern has yet been able to do).

Not sure yet about the giant holes in the playfield yet (as far as carbon and dust over time), but I didn't seem to notice a difference while playing full throttle at expo.

1 week later
#650 9 years ago

is this a case of no news being good news?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.