• 23,982 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 262 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5543 (resized).JPG
DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg
DSC04644.JPG - Fotogalerie (resized).jpg
20190308_192130.jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110116 (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190308_131215 (resized).jpg
20190308_130731 (resized).jpg
20190308_125131 (resized).jpg
20190306_103839.jpg
20190305_220352.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 23982 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 480.
#6201 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

So I see the party is still going strong here Time for part 2 of the prototype video review. Hope you enjoy it
The Acid Burn mode is started.
The Acid Burn aniamation is also accompanied by an intense sound. It is hard to describe but for reference what to expect this is the closest thing I could find: » YouTube video Listen to this from beginning to 1:30. This kind of music was in the pin but even more intense! To get an impression how intense listen to this: » YouTube video and go to 0:53 – 1:15 Cinematic Loop 1
A call out is made: ‘I think it is going to eat through the goddamn hull. Come on'. I did search for the quote on the net but it doesn’t come near the intensity as used in the pin. I think David has run the quotes and music through his ‘spice it up’ module to make the call outs and sounds sound awesome.
A cartoon like picture is shown and green luminous letters are shown with the text ‘Acid Burn’. When looking at the Internet I came across this article: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph_blood and the picture in the top right of the text area gives you an impression what is used in the clip. When the mode starts all GI and some inserts lights are turned very bright and this also gives a very cool effect on the ramps.
During the Acid Burn mode also the APC targets are shot. For every letter shot an animation is shown were the APC vehicle http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/M577_Armored_Personnel_Carrier is driving from the screen towards you accompanied by an animation of the letter you just shot. During the mode a kind of twilight zone riff is being played through the music that really adds something to the atmosphere.
And then………Queen's nest mode!
This mode is shown from the big screen and from what I noted the Alien word on the screen bezel is placed really well. Is makes it part of the total dashboard and that is way cool. You see an animation of the queen and eggs coming out. You hear the sound of violins like in horror movies. The beacon lights are on. They turn heavily and an orange light wave is pushed into the room, together with the sound and animations it is something I have never ever seen on any pin to date. It is like you are sucked into this story, you are a marine, chaos is coming…..AAAHHHHHH. I think in this mode you have to burn eggs cause also animations are shown with fire and the sound of eggs being destroyed. This mode is I-N-T-E-N-S-E. I think people will walk out of the room, children will be evacuated……you will be on your own! The animations of the Queen are awesome. A quote is made: ‘C'mon let's go, pull back’ The sound gets even more intense and you see an Alien being on fire and her body parts being ripped off by the fire. And then…..the ball is lost. ‘That is it man, Game over man, it’s Game over!

From this and earlier posts from Andrew and Aurich. This game sounds awesome, and I don't even care for the alien theme that much. I was thinking Ghostbusters was going to be my next pin, but perhaps my money will be going to an Alien.

#6202 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is a mode based game. With real modes, not just shoot all the blue arrows, now shoot all the red arrows, now shoot all the green arrows, or whatever. Every mode has it's own feel, with broader strategies about collecting things and incentives to actually try and finish the modes. It feels like that 90s style mode play, married to modern thoughts on pinball rules, and of course we have LCD screens and RGB lights etc. Plus 4 flippers, with dedicated shots for all of them.

This is the post I was looking for. This is why the pin is going to be a keeper with extensive replayability. They aren't phoning it in, the gameplay sounds really thought out.

#6203 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

From this and earlier posts from Andrew and Aurich. This game sounds awesome, and I don't even care for the alien theme that much. I was thinking Ghostbusters was going to be my next pin, but perhaps my money will be going to an Alien.

GB is on the backburner until I see the unveil on this. The pf has just a dark eerie look.....and I cant wait to see it populated.

#6204 2 years ago

. ‘That is it man, Game over man, it’s Game over!

YES!

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I was thinking Ghostbusters was going to be my next pin, but perhaps my money will be going to an Alien.

Quoted from Stones:

GB is on the backburner until I see the unveil on this. The pf has just a dark eerie look.....and I cant wait to see it populated.

On the TAF club thread, there are reports of 2 guys that gave up on GB in order to acquire a TAF.... Giving all the lately GB hype, I guess not everyone (including myself), are jumping on this bandwagon....

#6206 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's exactly it.
Pinside is so disrespectful to every manufacturer's representatives, that it is no surprise that there is only a single company left posting any information here.
"How come Stern does not just answer our questions here on Pinside ???????????"

If I am given the chance to either meet a guy who can afford a Porsche or meet a guy who was one of the developers, I want to meet the developer.

In this forum we have people who drive the developers away which is a bloody shame. I do not care for their elitist remarks and their bashing of product or marketing, I want to read about how it's made or how it's fixed. This is what drives me to this forum. Or how I stated in another thread, I prefer the tinkerer over the credit card user.

#6207 2 years ago

A quote is made: ‘C'mon let's go, pull back’ The sound gets even more intense and you see an Alien being on fire and her body parts being ripped off by the fire. And then…..the ball is lost. ‘That is it man, Game over man, it’s Game over!

THIS is just one fine example of why the LCD is so huge for a theme like this.

How much greater could TWDLE have been with scenes like this rather than that BS DMD?

#6208 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

THIS is just one fine example of why the LCD is so huge for a theme like this.
How much greater could TWDLE have been with scenes like this rather than that BS DMD?

Do the two screens always project the same video, or can they mix it up?

#6209 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Do the two screens always project the same video, or can they mix it up?

In the prototype they are mirrored. I believe Heighway stated that a separate feed for the screens is on their list but probably will not be implemented in Alien. But as with all things, this might be subject to change

#6210 2 years ago

I hope they mix it up.....

#6211 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I hope they mix it up.....

It would be way cool if they could integrate the motion tracker on the playfield screen.

#6212 2 years ago

It would be way cool if they could integrate the motion tracker on the playfield screen.

I should have specified that....because that's what I'm picturing....how effing bad ass would that be? Picture the whole game going dark (very low lit)...and just the motion tracker going.....you got to hit the ball...where the motion tracker pings.....or something like that.....

#6213 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I should have specified that....because that's what I'm picturing....how effing bad ass would that be? Picture the whole game going dark (very low lit)...and just the motion tracker going.....you got to hit the ball...where the motion tracker pings.....or something like that.....
» YouTube video

However, I think the motion tracker is already ON the playfield. I think that is the reason they have used translucent inserts on the lower playfield part were the modes are defined.

58a4407b53c4cd32c1494f19226ff752f47e4600_(resized).jpg

#6214 2 years ago

I saw that on the lower playfield, but hope it gets some "air time" on the LCD too. I'm okay if they over use it...lol. I was just on Heighway's webite...I know this has obviously been out for awhile...but this game is getting more and more intriguing to me

Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
◾Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
◾’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)

◾Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
◾Shaker Motor
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

#6215 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I saw that on the lower playfield, but hope it gets some "air time" on the LCD too. I'm okay if they over use it...lol. I was just on Heighway's webite...I know this has obviously been out for awhile...but this game is getting more and more intriguing to me
Black Gloss Cabinet Finish, with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim (including legs)
◾Pinball Topper With Yellow Beacons
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Backglass And Sideart (+ Standard Edition Artwork Package Also Included)
◾’35th Anniversary Edition’ Game Plaque With Allocated Number (from 001-500)
◾Fibre Optic Ramp Lighting
◾Shaker Motor
◾Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!

Yes. Just go for it

#6216 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I saw that on the lower playfield, but hope it gets some "air time" on the LCD too. I'm okay if they over use it...lol.

Agreed. I think it might be that the LCD is used to complement the part that is on the playfield to make a very cool motion tracker

As for what I have seen, I am assured Heighway finds a great way to make this work in the best possible way.

#6217 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's exactly it.
Pinside is so disrespectful to every manufacturer's representatives, that it is no surprise that there is only a single company left posting any information here.

Who was the loudest and most prolific Pinsider doing this? He was once dubbed the "Voice of Pinside" as he lead the charge criticizing every manufacturer but his own employer. He also beat the shit out of the little guys competing in his mod business. And now that Aurich is getting a taste of his own medicine we should feel sorry for him?

That said, I was impressed with some of Aurich's recent comments and I believe he has learned from his mistakes. He owes a lot more apologies than just to Spooky Pinball but at least its a start.

For my part, I will be making a private peace offering to Aurich concerning our battles when time permits. It will be up to him to accept it or not.

#6218 2 years ago

AAAALIEN_(resized).jpg

#6219 2 years ago

Both motion trackers from both films will be featured on the playfield LCD screen.

The one from Alien is used in more of a tense/eerie mode, focusing on Dallas in the tunnels trying to find the Xeno. The one from Aliens is more balls out ( ) and frantic.

Generally speaking that's how the modes break down in this game, Alien is a little bit more on the atmospheric side, Aliens a little bit on the faster side, as is befitting the films. We're going to try and make the scoring balanced so that there's no reason to always pick the same film first, but I'm sure someone will find a tournament strategy that maximizes points while minimizing risk, people always do.

To beat the game you have to play through both films, so for home users I don't think the order will be that important, pick based on what you feel like doing, or the opposite of what you did last time or whatever.

The mode order isn't fixed, there are out of mode things to do, and a lot of multiballs, so really at any given point in time there should be a lot to do.

#6220 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Who was the loudest and most prolific Pinsider doing this? He was once dubbed the "Voice of Pinside" as he lead the charge criticizing every manufacturer but his own employer. He also beat the shit out of the little guys competing in his mod business. And now that Aurich is getting a taste of his own medicine we should feel sorry for him?
That said, I was impressed with some of Aurich's recent comments and I believe he has learned from his mistakes. He owes a lot more apologies than just to Spooky Pinball but at least its a start.
For my part, I will be making a private peace offering to Aurich concerning our battles when time permits. It will be up to him to accept it or not.

Nobody cares about your opinion. This thread is getting back to the Alien pin, way overdue. If you have shit to sort it private do it and stop advertising the fact.

#6222 2 years ago

Hi Aurich,

I dont know if this is OK to ask, but in the creative process of your work, How much of a projected finished playfield
to you get to work with to address the blank spaces, and artwork placement for toys and mechs?

Does it change much from when you started?

Does that mean you have had to make many changes?

Just trying to get an idea as how it works, as you get space and assets, and when the direction comes into play.

I hope this makes sense.

#6223 2 years ago

There are 2 whitewood videos available, but one of them is more than a year old:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
I think they switched relatively fast from whitewood to a prototype build so I am not sure if more whitewood videos exist. If they did, I probably think Andrew would have shown them here.

Doesn't look like there are many ramps, I'm probably missing something. Can anyone advise, who's seen?

#6224 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Doesn't look like there are many ramps, I'm probably missing something. Can anyone advise, who's seen?

I believe you can use this as a reference for the number of ramps:

20150803_Alien_showmap_436179_(resized).jpg

#6225 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...there are out of mode things to do.....,

From what I noted symbols were being displayed on the dashboard. Looks like you have to collect something. Can you tell what this is about?

#6226 2 years ago

I believe you can use this as a reference for the number of ramps:

Frankly, I dig the 4 flipper setup, but...
I would REALLY like 4 buttons for independent flipper buttons.
For even the above average and savvy player,
they can handle and level up their skills to handle this 4 button type of setup.

#6227 2 years ago

ALIEN pinball makes a cameo in this Heighway youtube video...

#6228 2 years ago

So I see the party is still going strong here Time for part 2 of the prototype video review. Hope you enjoy it
If you missed part 1 you can find it here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/122#post-3159966
The Acid Burn mode is started.
The Acid Burn aniamation is also accompanied by an intense sound. It is hard to describe but for reference what to expect this is the closest thing I could find: » YouTube video Listen to this from beginning to 1:30. This kind of music was in the pin but even more intense! To get an impression how intense listen to this: » YouTube video and go to 0:53 – 1:15 Cinematic Loop 1
A call out is made: ‘I think it is going to eat through the goddamn hull. Come on'. I did search for the quote on the net but it doesn’t come near the intensity as used in the pin. I think David has run the quotes and music through his ‘spice it up’ module to make the call outs and sounds sound awesome.
A cartoon like picture is shown and green luminous letters are shown with the text ‘Acid Burn’. When looking at the Internet I came across this article: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph_blood and the picture in the top right of the text area gives you an impression what is used in the clip. When the mode starts all GI and some inserts lights are turned very bright and this also gives a very cool effect on the ramps.
During the Acid Burn mode also the APC targets are shot. For every letter shot an animation is shown were the APC vehicle http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/M577_Armored_Personnel_Carrier is driving from the screen towards you accompanied by an animation of the letter you just shot. During the mode a kind of twilight zone riff is being played through the music that really adds something to the atmosphere.
And then………Queen's nest mode!
This mode is shown from the big screen and from what I noted the Alien word on the screen bezel is placed really well. It makes it part of the total dashboard and that is way cool. You see an animation of the queen and eggs coming out. You hear the sound of violins like in horror movies. The beacon lights are on. They turn heavily and an orange light wave is pushed into the room, together with the sound and animations it is something I have never ever seen on any pin to date. It is like you are sucked into this story, you are a marine, chaos is coming…..AAAHHHHHH. I think in this mode you have to burn eggs cause also animations are shown with fire and the sound of eggs being destroyed. This mode is I-N-T-E-N-S-E. I think people will walk out of the room, children will be evacuated……you will be on your own! The animations of the Queen are awesome. A quote is made: ‘C'mon let's go, pull back’ The sound gets even more intense and you see an Alien being on fire and her body parts being ripped off by the fire. And then…..the ball is lost. ‘That is it man, Game over man, it’s Game over!'

Great additional info!!!....you conveyed a lot of the elements I didn't include in my previous assessment of the video....the biggest thing for me was the immersion feeling ( and I was just watching the video, not playing the machine) the acid burn was bad ass....it only showed the whole machine a couple of times in full frame while the guy was playing it....very, very dark, creepy feel....way excited for this thing!!!

#6229 2 years ago

manufacturers should really announce pins when they are done. the year + of dribs and drabs of info and speculation is a negative affect on sales. design, develop, create, promote, manufacture and sell. i am exhausted from all this waiting on woz, hobbit and now alien(s). i cant see anything good/positive from announcing a pin and getting it out 2 years later.
i am really looking forward to this. i have a deposit. when its ready i am ready. i dont want to see a shot of a toy, a playfield, a flipper, a ramp, a display. i want to see the whole thing when done. i am a big boy. i dont need snippets. git r done!

#6230 2 years ago

So, has a final wizard mode been added or will it be added when both parts are completed? That was kind of not decided last year. This game needs an epic end!

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

manufacturers should really announce pins when they are done.

I think Andrew would agree with you on that in hindsight. However bear in mind that part of the Heighway Pinball platform and a major unique selling point is the fact that you can swap in/out entire new games in just a few minutes. I know for sure that Full Throttle has had some sales to people that are anticipating Alien. Selling Full Throttle might have been a tougher prospect if all they could say is "you'll be able to buy future titles for your Full Throttle cabinet at 60% price, but we can't tell you what is in the pipeline until it is done". There would be doubts that game two would even surface and the investment in a modular platform was for naught.

In some ways pre-announcing was necessary. It's just that in hindsight the development has taken a lot longer than anticipated — not only due to the IP wrangling but also due to the development of Full Throttle. It's not all bad; the whole game and platform is better for it.

#6232 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

ALIEN pinball makes a cameo in this Heighway youtube video...

The Suits are like "Yeah yeah yeah...do we get our investments 4x times back!"

#6233 2 years ago

Well i am following this thread for a while now and see so many positive and negative things. For myself, I will wait until I see the finished product, when that is done it is done. I think the theme and the toys/screen etc used will give Aliens an advantage in the market above GB. But the gameplay and the way you can get into the game must be great. I do not care about the critics on playfield design, I think it is the whole package. I have a tron LE where the playfield design is also not that great. But it is great when you see the game in total. So all, just wait and see what happens, I know that is hard but it is the only way to go. Hope Heighway ships this game in full glory with all code and a epic flow, even if this takes until September.

#6234 2 years ago

Will any of the modes be multiball based? I understand that there are unique multiballs, but I mean the specific 5 Alien or Aliens modes.

#6235 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kaneda emailed me tonight, said that he thought things had gone too far, he admitted his role in it, and asked if we couldn't just squash this. I thought that was big of him to do, credit due where it's deserved. No need to post the details, it's a private email, but that was the heart of it.

Jesus people love falling for kenada over and over again. Can;t believe he hasn;t been let back on Pinside yet

#6236 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Aurich,
I dont know if this is OK to ask, but in the creative process of your work, How much of a projected finished playfield
to you get to work with to address the blank spaces, and artwork placement for toys and mechs?
Does it change much from when you started?
Does that mean you have had to make many changes?
Just trying to get an idea as how it works, as you get space and assets, and when the direction comes into play.
I hope this makes sense.

This is definitely one of the downsides to working remotely like I am. The game itself is on the other side of the planet, and the time difference is 8 hours. Makes things tricky.

I'm working with raw 2D CAD files, so I can see the inserts and in theory where ramps and things are, but I have to guess about angles of sight etc, I can't just walk over and check out a whitewood, get down low, look at it from various playing angles etc.

So the first time I saw the art I did in context was gameplay test videos, basically the early versions of what we edited together into that TPF video. There are some things I'd like to change after seeing that.

Right now what I'm waiting on is the revised CAD files, Dave is tweaking a lot of things based on flipping the prototype. Some of that seems minor, move a shot over a couple millimeters to smooth it out for instance. But the playfield is so packed that even small changes can cascade over, suddenly a flipper mech has to be rotated, which then means shifting an insert, etc.

So I want him to really finish all of that in a 'final' way before I start revising the playfield art. Same process will happen with me, because moving an insert might mean a piece of art has to change, and that dominoes down the line too.

In addition I know he's trying some bigger changes. I don't want to detail things out before they're ready, but he told me about a new loop shot he's trying to add that sounds really fun, looking forward to seeing how the CAD looks for that.

#6237 2 years ago

I could never possible understand the many variables Heighway has had in trying to get Aliens pinball out to the public and I applaud all the efforts they have endeavored. It sucks to have to wait, but I'm sure the end result will be worth it.
That being said, I have to think what happened with the marketing department at Williams when they tried to make Aliens 3 pinball?
From what I understand the BSD playfield was suppose to be an Aliens 3 theme. That playfield is one of the better playfields that came out of Williams. Does anyone know what the story was or what was produced before the project was discarded for BSD? Is there any sample pics of the Aliens 3 project, was it just completely scrapped with no traces due to licensing stuff or was it just all conversational planing with no attempts of art?

#6238 2 years ago

From what I noted symbols were being displayed on the dashboard. Looks like you have to collect something. Can you tell what this is about?

Not sure what you saw, I'd have to go back and look at the video, but there are a couple things you can collect. The main one and the only one I can think of that might have been in the video is weapons. There are more than one way to collect them, I think finishing modes awards them, and you also get them from hitting the 5 weapon standups. Let's see, it's pistol (Vasquez), shotgun (Hicks), flamethrower, pulse rifle, and smart gun off the top of my head.

I'm not 100% sure on the rules for them after collected right now, so I don't want to speculate on what they're good for yet, but collecting them is useful.

Not exactly "collecting" but sort of is the Lifecycle shots, where you can advance from egg, to facehugger, to chestburster, to xeno.

I think we're tracking ammo that you collect for Sentry Gun multiball too. This is all part of one of my next projects, helping finalize the UI for the dashboard for this stuff, so it will crystalize more over the coming weeks.

#6239 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

manufacturers should really announce pins when they are done. the year + of dribs and drabs of info and speculation is a negative affect on sales. design, develop, create, promote, manufacture and sell. i am exhausted from all this waiting on woz, hobbit and now alien(s). i cant see anything good/positive from announcing a pin and getting it out 2 years later.
i am really looking forward to this. i have a deposit. when its ready i am ready. i dont want to see a shot of a toy, a playfield, a flipper, a ramp, a display. i want to see the whole thing when done. i am a big boy. i dont need snippets. git r done!

Man, I so, so, so agree 100%. But nothing to be done about it on this project now. Even if things go smoothly I think announcing later is best, but this is pinball, when do things ever go smoothly?

#6240 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, has a final wizard mode been added or will it be added when both parts are completed? That was kind of not decided last year. This game needs an epic end!

Yes, there will be a final wizard mode, but it hasn't been settled on yet exactly rules-wise. The reason being that we want to finish all of the modes up first (we're close to that already) before designing it, so that it can reference earlier aspects of the game.

Each film has a mini wizard mode, and there are 4 main multiballs, I *think* All Out War, the middle insert at the bottom, is the final wizard mode. Not entirely sure, there was talk of having a mini wizard for finishing all the multiballs at one point, but I think we scrapped that in favor of something tied to the modes too.

#6241 2 years ago

good update Aurich, to see the video of Alien pinball that is floating around, we can find either Andrew or David Thiel at a pinball show and ask to see it, right? So far, David said he was going to NW pinball show. Are there orther shows that either of these guys are planning to travel that can be annouced here? If anyone else is considering going to their local show and catching one of these guys, it would be nice to know and to plan ahead for the possibility of watching the video.

#6242 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will any of the modes be multiball based? I understand that there are unique multiballs, but I mean the specific 5 Alien or Aliens modes.

I'm not sure if any of the 4 modes per film have multiball, but the 5th mode for each is the mini wizard, and those do for sure. So there should be at least 7 different multiballs in the game, counting wizard modes.

#6243 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

good update Aurich, to see the video of Alien pinball that is floating around, we can find either Andrew or David Thiel at a pinball show and ask to see it, right? So far, David said he was going to NW pinball show. Are there orther shows that either of these guys are planning to travel that can be annouced here? If anyone else is considering going to their local show and catching one of these guys, it would be nice to know and to plan ahead for the possibility of watching the video.

I don't know, but I agree, it would be smart to let people know ahead of time. We can try and do that if any of use are attending a show. If you're on SoCal I'm easy enough to find too.

#6244 2 years ago

We'd love to see you three in SFGE in Atlanta in two weeks I think David might be scheduled for a seminar too. If so that would be good, but mostly thinking - any of you with copy of video that will be available at an upcoming show should mention here in one location. More to come I'm sure.

#6245 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is definitely one of the downsides to working remotely like I am.

Are you ever planning a trip out there to check the whole place out?

#6246 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure what you saw, I'd have to go back and look at the video, but there are a couple things you can collect. The main one and the only one I can think of that might have been in the video is weapons. There are more than one way to collect them, I think finishing modes awards them, and you also get them from hitting the 5 weapon standups. Let's see, it's pistol (Vasquez), shotgun (Hicks), flamethrower, pulse rifle, and smart gun off the top of my head.
I'm not 100% sure on the rules for them after collected right now, so I don't want to speculate on what they're good for yet, but collecting them is useful.
Not exactly "collecting" but sort of is the Lifecycle shots, where you can advance from egg, to facehugger, to chestburster, to xeno.
I think we're tracking ammo that you collect for Sentry Gun multiball too. This is all part of one of my next projects, helping finalize the UI for the dashboard for this stuff, so it will crystalize more over the coming weeks.

Thanks. Cool to know

What I also can noted is the word 'Scream' on the insert (located just on the left bottom side of the left flipper) in the left ball return lane.

Can you tell what that insert is related to?

#6247 2 years ago

Thanks. Cool to know
What I also can noted is the word 'Scream' on the insert (located just on the left bottom side of the left flipper) in the left ball return lane.

In space no one can hear you scream?

#6248 2 years ago

Thanks. Cool to know

It is paired with another that says 'again'. I guess it's just this game's version of the 'shoot again' ball save indicator, which of course is a reference to the classic marketing line for the first film

#6249 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In addition I know he's trying some bigger changes. I don't want to detail things out before they're ready, but he told me about a new loop shot he's trying to add that sounds really fun, looking forward to seeing how the CAD looks for that.

Looking at the latest CAD drawing from earlier in the year I can't see how any other shots could fit in this game! The upper orbit already looks too tight. There must have been some fairly major development since then. Can't wait to see it!

I agree with the suggestion that even an updated wireframe with shot map descriptions (like the one that was released in August last year) would be awesome to see. It avoids licensing issues and gives us plenty of positive things to talk and speculate about.

#6250 2 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

It is paired with another that says 'again'. I guess it's just this game's version of the 'shoot again' ball save indicator, which of course is a reference to the classic marketing line for the first film

Yes, that must be it. I couldn't see the other insert in the video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
There are 23982 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 480.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside