• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 494.
#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oooh sick burn brah.

This crap is getting old...are we not adults here?

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This is crap is getting old...are we not adults here?

I agree. Stupid getting sucked into this assholeishness!

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This crap is getting old...are we not adults here?

I dunno, I get inspired when people start defending a sociopaths actions, especially when said actions could lead to people losing their job. if that's not the adult route, then I don't want to be an adult. better than being some lunatics ball saver.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

especially when said actions could lead to people losing their job

Until you know the FACTS, you're just bullshitting....

#6106 3 years ago

So you don't give a shit that the dude talks about "going after Aurich" on Twitter? What does he mean by "going after" him? He's going to beat his high score?

#6107 3 years ago

Please, just ask Aurich...then you won't have to speculate...

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Man the same people just stir shit all the time, it's not nearly as edgy as they think.

This is a joke right?

EDIT: I guess it was only matter of time before the Aliens thread morphed into Kenada's Podcast thread

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

How do yall think this will work? Ball Save like WOZ?
--Jeff

I seem to recall reading something previously that gave me that impression, though i can't seem to recall what at the moment...

If so, I'm really curious to see the implementation.

#6110 3 years ago

So reading what a person writes on his Twitter is now "speculation"???

All this spinning is making me dizzy. Eh, who cares, I'm the one who will get moderated, you won't.

Two things: love playing the Shadow with Aurich's translate at PL, and the Alien playfield looks wicked rad. Color changing drop targets are going to be amazeballs.

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is a joke right?
EDIT: I guess it was only matter of time before the Aliens thread morphed into Kenada's Podcast thread

Certainly not interested in giving that choad and his cronies more exposure, so I'm out.

#6112 3 years ago

You guys keep believing that no one ever impersonates another person online.

Tweets, emails, IP address, CallerID all get spoofed every day.

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This. If you are Fox's IP department, this kind of project (complex, lots of IP integrated, and low $ return) is probably a real pain in the ass! The idea that Fox would bend over backward to facilitate a dinky pinball deal that will net them far less than they make on action figures (which probably require 1/50 the amount of interaction and review) is far-fetched. It certainly seems plausible to me that Fox told Heighway no more piecemeal approvals will be forthcoming.

This is the sad road we've seen happen with many delayed pinball projects. With lack of new info, the echo chamber really fires up.

It doesn't really matter "why" things aren't shown at this point, the game is delayed. We'll see it when we see it.

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys keep believing that no one ever impersonates another person online.
Tweets, emails, IP address, CallerID all get spoofed every day.

there's a $15K podcast somewhere.... just saying....

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

How do yall think this will work? Ball Save like WOZ?
--Jeff

At the reveal at Expo '14, Nordman showed a cardboard mock-up of a wheel with 6 slots on it, and the Space Jockey on top.

Alien_Outlane_(resized).jpg

-Speculation-

I think this wheel will rotate (either to set stations or continuous rotation), and one or more of the slots will be lit up. Get the ball in the lit slot and it will act like a ball saver. Get it in an unlit slot and you're dead.

-end speculation-

I like that it seems the theming has changed to the hypersleep chambers. Also, based on the insert ladders, seems like there's a multiball mode tied to this gizmo...

Later,
EV

#6116 3 years ago

Hopefully the cat gets a featured role in the game like it did in the novel.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully the cat gets a featured role in the game like it did in the novel.

Now I refuse to believe you're being serious....

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now I refuse to believe you're being serious....

The novel has the "kill me" scene that latter got plopped into the next movie, Aliens

35125_(resized).jpg

#6119 3 years ago

The single greatest thing to ever come out of Alien Was Return of The Living Dead. All praise Dan O'Bannon!

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

At the reveal at Expo '14, Nordman showed a cardboard mock-up of a wheel with 6 slots on it, and the Space Jockey on top.

-Speculation-
I think this wheel will rotate (either to set stations or continuous rotation), and one or more of the slots will be lit up. Get the ball in the lit slot and it will act like a ball saver. Get it in an unlit slot and you're dead.
-end speculation-
I like that it seems the theming has changed to the hypersleep chambers.
Later,
EV

Looking back at some of the previously shown stuff, this definitely makes sense. I'm guessing the dual exit options allow for a "sometimes" ball-saver depending on how well you nudge. Doesn't seem like the sleep chamber bay would necessarily have to rotate either, but it would certainly be a nice effect if it did.

#6121 3 years ago

This is pinball and it's a weird little world. I'd think a contributor to a large project at a company (like someone designing a playfield) would be silenced in a second, and reprimanded threatening to do a hack piece over their individuals issues. Heighways a small startup so who knows about them - maybe they love the publicity and it keeps Alien relevant, but I thought Ars was more mature as a business.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The novel has the "kill me" scene that latter got plopped into the next movie, Aliens

Well, I didn't read the novel but do you think it's that relevant?

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

over their individuals issues.

That's the rub. There are no issues "between" them. Aurich has had Chris on ignore forever and doesn't speak to him or about him....yet Chris continues to basically stalk, slander and cyberbully him REPEATEDLY. It's a one-sided conversation. It's some Fight Club Tyler Durden type shit. Chris gets so upset because Aurich doesn't give him what he thrives on....ATTENTION. The lack of response is driving him INSANE. He threatens physical violence in his latest rantcast. Chris is doing this to himself. It's drama of his own creation, and it's really sad, honestly.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

there's a $15K podcast somewhere.... just saying....

I just had to go and listen to this.

Wow......

Street fighter 5 challenge.......

And kind of relevant to Alien as you know who is offering $15000 to Andrew Heighway.

Kind of like a weird soap opera right now.

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's the rub. There are no issues "between" them. Aurich has had Chris on ignore forever and doesn't speak to him or about him....yet Chris continues to basically stalk, slander and cyberbully him REPEATEDLY. It's a one-sided conversation. It's some Fight Club Tyler Durden type shit. Chris gets so upset because Aurich doesn't give him what he thrives on....ATTENTION. The lack of response is driving him INSANE. He threatens physical violence in his latest rantcast. Chris is doing this to himself. It's drama of his own creation, and it's really sad, honestly.

He certainly gave his boss attention if latest podcast is true!

The funny thing is they both do the same kind of stuff i.e critique stuff but aren't so good at taking it.

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd just like to know if that shit about A getting to K's boss is true or not....

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Looking back at some of the previously shown stuff, this definitely makes sense. I'm guessing the dual exit options allow for a "sometimes" ball-saver depending on how well you nudge. Doesn't seem like the sleep chamber bay would necessarily have to rotate either, but it would certainly be a nice effect if it did.

Here's an early mockup with the chamber;

Once it goes into one of the two open slots, I think it has to rotate (clockwise) to allow the ball to roll down into the center drain hole...

Later,
EV

Alien_Outlane2_(resized).jpg

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd just like to know if that shit about A getting to K's boss is true or not....

How could one snitch if they never even listened...?

Quoted from Aurich:

I don't care what he has to say about me, I'm never going to listen.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Once it goes into one of the two open slots, I think it has to rotate to allow the ball to roll down into the center drain hole...
Later,
EV

Though I don't like the idea of nudging (some tend to go way over the line), I really enjoy this concept!

#6130 3 years ago

Wow...never saw that before.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though I don't like the idea of nudging

AKA "Playing pinball"

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He certainly gave his boss attention if latest podcast is true!
The funny thing is they both do the same kind of stuff i.e critique stuff but aren't so good at taking it.

There's a different between critiquing art....and repeatedly attacking and insulting a person. Aurich might have said some shit that hurt other artists feelings...but he NEVER insulted them personally.

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's a different between critiquing art....and repeatedly attacking and insulting a person. Aurich might have said some shit that hurt other artists feelings...but he NEVER insulted them personally.

Good point.

Haven't followed enough to pick that point up.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A lot better than getting one before they start shipping.

brilliant...

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aurich was personally offended by the fact Dominoes had a contest for machine art for god sakes. Aurich taught us the plight of the poor artist...they seem to be very emotional people so I assume him railing on artists work might have hurt their feelings

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wow...never saw that before.

neither have I so I'd like to thank him for his effort

#6137 3 years ago

%$*& can we please, collectively agree not to care about high school sounding horseshit completely unrelated to an "official game thread"...or at least agree not to post it here?? 30 new posts! Oh, half are about some bizarre pseudo-feud.

#6138 3 years ago

some people just cant resist even after the guy they are defending asks them to stop. be cool to somehow clean all the bullshit out of this thread, including my attempts at defending highway, and just get the relevant information/timeline that way when someone new comes it's all right there.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

%$*& can we please, collectively agree not to care about high school sounding horseshit completely unrelated to an "official game thread"...or at least agree not to post it here?? 30 new posts! Oh, half are about some bizarre pseudo-feud.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

another ignore user candidate...the list grows

Just sayin'

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I didn't read the novel but do you think it's that relevant?

Yes, it's the little details (and Easter eggs) that show if the design team cares.

You can read the novel in a single day if you are an Alien fan.

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

None that I can think of. I seems like forever since we even had a game with four large flippers in it. (Can't remember what the last one was)

Game Of Thrones Prem/LE?

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

%$*& can we please, collectively agree not to care about high school sounding horseshit completely unrelated to an "official game thread"...or at least agree not to post it here??

This is rhetorical right? You're post is 6,137, out of those there's probably less than 200 (I'm being kind) that are meaningful. The rest are a collection of:
he said/she said
middle age mastabatory Alien fantasies
"Wouldn't it be cool ifs...,"
I want to invent rules
Alien will be so immersive
And the rests are gifs
Clip art!

#6143 3 years ago

come on guys play nice or Aurich won't post here any more.

I was shocked to learn in roughly the last 100 posts - 1) confirmation we can't see anthing until Fox approves everything 2) confirmation there is a video and 3) the process for viewing this video that includes game play, art, toys, sounds, rules etc - is to attend a show that Andrew is also planning to attend. Then track him down, and once he finishes his presentation or game or conversation, ask to see the video. Still scratching my head at this solution, but ok. Then I saw a fantastic collection of train gifs. Aurich provided some background license stuff. Nothing to report by Heighway about why the confusion that everybody was expecting one thing and now they tell us differently. Oh yeah, a couple of guys can get bent for having to flip through extra posts in a thread that is 99.999% certified bs. OUTRAGEOUS. Even RulezPoliz backed down from the ledge and agreed not to file a pinside restraining order ... AND YET We still continue waiting here. Waiting and hoping, jumping at every new post, imagining a morsel of news, a trinket, or the ultimate nugget - a pic. Oblivious to the reality that you won't be seeing something before August. STOP hoping things will be different. They will not and if you believe otherwise, you are delusional. BUT we have a solution that allows you to see the coveted video. Guess I'll have to head over to one of those pinball shows to see it in person. SINCE NOW this is an option. For the record, those trains gifs were above average material for this thread.

To see the latest Alien Pinball machine, I would need to travel to a pinball show, right? And since this is the OFFICIAL Alien thread, I would expect to see that information prominently displayed, right? I mean there are already 6,143 valuable posts in this thread. If the pinball show schedule is posted somewhere above, point it out. I need to know when to plan my vacation and when to dress in full stalker mode.

alien15.jpg
alien14.jpg

#6144 3 years ago

"stop just-sayin" one more post (now two) of meaningless bullshit

#6145 3 years ago

We need to have the OFFICIAL Official Thread that is locked and only the Mods can update the REAL posts. It was done before.

#6146 3 years ago

I'm a mod on a couple of other forums, and sometimes the other mods and I just have to go in and clean out the litter box.

We delete all the silly memes, we delete all the OT and troll posts.

It makes the thread a readable reference again.

Anyone new looking for info is not going to wade through 200000 posts of crap to find the 20 that actually have Alien Pinball info in them.

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We need to have the OFFICIAL Official Thread that is locked and only the Mods can update the REAL posts. It was done before.

Yeah and there was a lot of talk aboot it.

Now, the 2nd elephant in the room...would Aurich be able to post in that thread?
I would assume no, which mean this thread would lay dormant for 3 more months. We wouldn't get 500 posts of garbage a day, but we wouldn't be able for Aurich to "stumble upon" this thread annually after Andrew posts something. The old heighway good cop/bad cop routine.

Quoted from vid1900:

I'm a mod on a couple of other forums, and sometimes the other mods and I just have to go in and clean out the litter box.

I'm all for it...but you know Pinisiders find it a constitutional right to post and all

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Then why did they let them publicly display the playfield??

playfield is a single piece of art... (a big one.. but all inclusive)

The video is more than the playfield... it's videos, music, toys, sounds, etc.

The comparisons to the playfield ignore that the video is far more than the playfield!

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah and there was a lot of talk aboot it.
Now, the 2nd elephant in the room...would Aurich be able to post in that thread?

Well, like the other one, he would post here and send a copy to the Mod who would put in in the "Info Only" Thread.

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Just guessing here, but perhaps because it doesn't contain video and audio clips from the movie?

So for that they shut everything down? Why didn't FOX suggest, "you need to add this or deleted that"... You know, work with the licensee. That's what the approval process is about.
But instead they say the playfield was enough to promote a new company's product? Thanks for trying for a secondary reveal, Heighway, but don't come back until the machine has been completed?

I'm glad it's so simple for some of you guys but I don't think we're getting the whole story.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside