pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 601.
#6001 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully, the mods can come in and clean up this thread....

Yeah and leave around 25 meaningful posts. If Ghostbusters thread didn't make them do it, doubt this will.

#6002 7 years ago

alien_derail_(resized).jpgalien_derail_(resized).jpg

#6003 7 years ago

Thread is one year old and includes a number of posts by Heighway. As of right now, 6,003 posts in, does everybody have a picture or video of what the actual game will look or act like? Anybody? I want to see a completed game with - artwork, plastics, rules, sounds, lighting, dmd, trim finish etc. How about that - anybody have pics of that? Well we have seen the playfield, but that one thing was out of context. Have we seen any half-completed elements? NO! Andrew now says he can't show game unitl Fox has approved the whole thing. That's how it is and always has been the whole time apparently. So WTF have we been doing here - other than kidding ourselves?

#6004 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

To fill people in, my post was in response to ....

which could be the dumbest statement I've ever heard on pinside....think aboot that for a second.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally this thread is getting good. I knew we needed more meow meows!

This is turning into a good looking pussy thread so maybe. Meow!

2016-05-18-22-01-16-1876655766.jpeg2016-05-18-22-01-16-1876655766.jpeg

#6005 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6010 7 years ago

Open-Sesame-TeeFury-Shirt-of-the-Day_(resized).jpgOpen-Sesame-TeeFury-Shirt-of-the-Day_(resized).jpg

#6014 7 years ago

Let's get this train back on the track...

R0rGJej_(resized).pngR0rGJej_(resized).png

#6015 7 years ago

Out of stasis for a second

f45e64f391e084b906b303b1bfdb7ae1_(resized).jpgf45e64f391e084b906b303b1bfdb7ae1_(resized).jpg

#6016 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

There is no train until August. Until then, the shit show will go on.

#6017 7 years ago
#6018 7 years ago

Giger Train on topic
PG_1996_08-19_(resized).jpgPG_1996_08-19_(resized).jpggiger-scott-alien_(resized).jpggiger-scott-alien_(resized).jpgHRGIGER_08_PG_1999_667__(resized).jpgHRGIGER_08_PG_1999_667__(resized).jpg

#6019 7 years ago

Sad, just sad. And the saddest thing of all is there is no mod to be seen to stop this nonsense. So Pinside rules have not much meaning anymore.

#6020 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6021 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sad, just sad. And the saddest thing of all is there is no mod to be seen to stop this nonsense.

Relax, just relax. (Start rant about how grown up men spending hours discussing $8000 toys cant really be taken too seriously).

Clearly the saddest thing in this thread is jeffspinballpalace train fetish.

#6022 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Clearly the saddest thing in this thread is jeffspinballpalace train fetish.

Trains are pretty. any pics of Aliens yet???

raw.gifraw.gif

#6024 7 years ago

Sad, just sad. And the saddest thing of all is there is no mod to be seen to stop this nonsense. So Pinside rules have not much meaning anymore.

Yeah its almost like the Mods should lock the thread til Aug to prevent this sorta thing. We have learned little about Alien pinball and seen even less in this thread. When we do get the reveal is when the thread will add value. Until then .. it is officially wasting everybody's time. So who's to say one person's nonsensical posts are any better than the next guy's. We are all on a raft floating in the ocean and have nothing but vast amounts of time on our hands. We should take every effort to make the best of our time together as we drift and wait, and wait and wait. I am spending my time thinking about trains right now.

To answer your question, we got pinball rules and Pinballrulz is here to stay. The home brew Archer thread has shown a real shooting Whitewood vid with rules and sounds and toys in a real cabinet. That's exciting and its not even an official pin yet.

#6025 7 years ago

Perhaps this thread should moved to the basement?

#6026 7 years ago

I almost hate to say it but the level of creative "derailment" {just made up that word) in this thread has become quite entertaining for me. I'm now showing up just for the wacky stuff.

#6027 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Trains are pretty. any pics of Aliens yet???

Umm...the internet called, there running out of train GIFs.

#6028 7 years ago

I'm guessing the next real news will be when someone has seen a private viewing of the mysterious gameplay footage.

#6029 7 years ago

Yeah, good train gifs are getting harder to find these are pretty mesmerizing.

raw-2.gifraw-2.gif

raw-3.gifraw-3.gif

#6033 7 years ago

images-13.jpegimages-13.jpeg

#6034 7 years ago

Yeah its almost like the Mods should lock the thread til Aug to prevent this sorta thing.

You mean...to prevent the intentional derailment like what you are doing?

So who's to say one person's nonsensical posts are any better than the next guy's.

Good point...but I think there's a clear distinction between natural conversation that can get a little goofy/nonsensical, and one person posting dozens of times in an effort to "prove a point" and intentionally derail a topic.

I'm not in here to demand people get "on topic"...because there's really not much to discuss game-wise at this time. (I don't even quite understand why the thread hasn't just gone silent for the time being...seems like most would just move on to topics that *are* active and relevant).

I think ejecting those that create excessive noise would be a better solution than closing the thread or moving it to the basement. I have faith that you can figure it out, but feel free to PM me (or start a mod feedback thread) if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Pete

#6035 7 years ago

Giger painting something?images_(12)_(resized).jpgimages_(12)_(resized).jpg

#6036 7 years ago

No news, so let's ruin the thread...the internet, open to everyone.

#6037 7 years ago

Pinside_(resized).PNGPinside_(resized).PNG

So you can make more than 30 off topic posts, derail a thread and the penalty is a temporary 1 day thread eject cause of over-bumping????? So that is what Pinside is all about. Good to know!

#6038 7 years ago

So you can make more than 30 off topic posts, derail a thread and the penalty is a temporary 1 day thread eject cause of over-bumping????? So that is what Pinside is all about. Good to know!

Its a judgment call by the moderator and I for one agree with him. Jeffspinballpalace is a good Pinsider and he got a little carried away is all. And I thought Jeff was amusing... Imposing a Kaneda death penalty would have been extreme.

#6039 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its a judgment call by the moderator and I for one agree with him. Jeffspinballpalace is a good Pinsider and he got a little carried away is all. And I thought Jeff was amusing... Imposing a Kaneda death penalty would have been extreme.

I am imposing nothing and certainly not wishing what you suggested. It was a statement in general (not directed at Jeff) because this kind of behavior is tolerated in other threads too.

But fair enough, must be me having a bad day.

#6040 7 years ago

lets discuss this again

AliensOutline_(resized).jpgAliensOutline_(resized).jpg

#6041 7 years ago

I hope this helps. I'm a North to South player.

ce361c19ae617c202c70ccb40ff18ab42fd3cc04_(resized).jpgce361c19ae617c202c70ccb40ff18ab42fd3cc04_(resized).jpg

#6042 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

a little carried away is all

#6043 7 years ago

The more I see the cad/playfield, the more curios I get regarding how they are gonna fit everything at the top of the playfield.

You have the upper lane shot from the upper flipper, then there is 2 of the main toys right next to each other.

The distance from one feature to next looks really narrow.

Not saying they do not know what they are doing. Just very excited to see how they have handled it. The Alien toy looked pretty large.

I guess the rotating toy to the left of the queen must be pretty small to make it fit.

So many shots in this layout, so much potential. It looks like an extremely expensive pin to make, (on top of the license cost) going up against Full Throttle.

Toy in the left outlane
two toy in the middel top
4 flippers
cool pop bumper toys
3 ramps
magnets
3 drop targets
lots of small stand-up targets
scoop
2 different movie games in one
and much, much more. This pin has it all

I just hope that they are able to keep the drop targets inn there and do not have to change to stand-ups. drops are usually the first thing to be taken out when things becomes to expensive.

Fingers crossed

#6044 7 years ago

because this kind of behavior is tolerated in other threads too.

We respond to reports. If there is some monster 6,000 post thread that someone is derailing, and NOBODY reports it...don't expect the moderators to be psychic.

We don't read everything...and we rely on the fantastic community here to give us a heads-up when something is "off."

Pete

#6045 7 years ago

Yeah its almost like the Mods should lock the thread til Aug to prevent this sorta thing. We have learned little about Alien pinball and seen even less in this thread. When we do get the reveal is when the thread will add value. Until then .. it is officially wasting everybody's time. So who's to say one person's nonsensical posts are any better than the next guy's. We are all on a raft floating in the ocean and have nothing but vast amounts of time on our hands. We should take every effort to make the best of our time together as we drift and wait, and wait and wait. I am spending my time thinking about trains right now.
To answer your question, we got pinball rules and Pinballrulz is here to stay. The home brew Archer thread has shown a real shooting Whitewood vid with rules and sounds and toys in a real cabinet. That's exciting and its not even an official pin yet.

how long did it take you to compose this message about wasting time on this thread?

#6046 7 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

lets discuss this again

Are there any games with a similar layout?

#6047 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Are there any games with a similar layout?

None that I can think of. I seems like forever since we even had a game with four large flippers in it. (Can't remember what the last one was)

#6048 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

None that I can think of. I seems like forever since we even had a game with four large flippers in it. (Can't remember what the last one was)

Well, if two small flippers equal one large one...then we can count Simpsons.

#6049 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Did she try turning it off and one again?

#6050 7 years ago

Headlines read "STILL NO NEWS FROM ALIEN PINBALL!"

funny-gifs-Stop-that-Alien-or-Ill-bite-you_(resized).pngfunny-gifs-Stop-that-Alien-or-Ill-bite-you_(resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.