• 23,983 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 262 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5543 (resized).JPG
DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg
DSC04644.JPG - Fotogalerie (resized).jpg
20190308_192130.jpg
20190303_110139 (resized).jpg
20190303_110116 (resized).jpg
20190303_110216 (resized).jpg
20190308_131215 (resized).jpg
20190308_130731 (resized).jpg
20190308_125131 (resized).jpg
20190306_103839.jpg
20190305_220352.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 23983 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 480.
#551 4 years ago

Keep up the good UPDATES! Looks great. Thank You Andrew.

cheers.gif

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You had mentioned the possibility of a second display on the Backbox....is this still on the table? I believe that would be beyond cool, as it gives some interaction to the backbox...

Pavlov Pinball Article:

http://pavlovpinball.com/alien/

"Heighway says the company is considering putting a screen in the Alien backbox that mirrors the display on the playfield.

Mirroring the playfield display on the backbox would only use one video output for those two screens, and Heighway will make use of the second video output on its hardware in Alien to power another LCD on the playfield, positioned on the airlock toy."

I hope they do use a 2nd LCD display in the back box for this pin. If not perhaps it could at least be incorporated into the Deluxe version?

#553 4 years ago

Looks really fun! Thanks for the update.

#554 4 years ago

Great looking layout. Eager to see the artwork, well done so far.

#555 4 years ago

I agree that the layout is very original and looks fun. Thanks for the communication Andrew and keep it up - small bits of info are even appreciated!

#556 4 years ago

Andrew,

Thanks for the "professional" update... still looks exciting!

#557 4 years ago

cool pics & layout... (made directly with/in FP ?)

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

cool pics & layout... (made directly with/in FP ?)

looks like Future Pinball. Worried about the placement of that upper flipper. looks too low down which means making the ramp with the upper portion where there is less power.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

looks like Future Pinball. Worried about the placement of that upper flipper. looks too low down which means making the ramp with the upper portion where there is less power.

And shot lower with that flipper bat being very (too?) powerfull and not to a 'shot' like the ramp. Maybe they'll change it for a small flipper?

I really like the update, please keep doing so!

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our sim currently concentrates on 'Aliens' and much of the work over the next few months will be developing the 'Alien' ruleset.

Andrew - This is one pin incorporating two different movies, I guess I hadn't really thought about it, but are the modes for the movies going to be completely intertwined? If I'm working on or have completed one mode from 'Alien,' can I immediately move on to a mode from 'Aliens?'

For example, if I'm tasked to destroy the Nostromo for a mode in 'Alien' (note to Pinsiders: this is a completely fabricated example, I obviously have no knowledge of the game modes or any rules), could I then immediately move on to an 'Aliens' mode where I have to get Bishop to remote pilot a ship down? Or will they be completely separate where I choose if I'm playing 'Alien only' modes or 'Aliens only' modes?

I hope this hasn't been asked and answered, but I've been keeping a pretty close eye on the updates and don't recall seeing anything about it.

Thanks!

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from AloneMordakai:

Andrew - This is one pin incorporating two different movies, I guess I hadn't really thought about it, but are the modes for the movies going to be completely intertwined? If I'm working on or have completed one mode from 'Alien,' can I immediately move on to a mode from 'Aliens?'
For example, if I'm tasked to destroy the Nostromo for a mode in 'Alien' (note to Pinsiders: this is a completely fabricated example, I obviously have no knowledge of the game modes or any rules), could I then immediately move on to an 'Aliens' mode where I have to get Bishop to remote pilot a ship down? Or will they be completely separate where I choose if I'm playing 'Alien only' modes or 'Aliens only' modes?
I hope this hasn't been asked and answered, but I've been keeping a pretty close eye on the updates and don't recall seeing anything about it.
Thanks!

There are two story arcs for this game - one for each movie.

We are experimenting with two different options here.

One option is that you select which movie you want to play in, before you start the game. When you complete all of the modes, and the final wizard mode for that movie, then you automatically start the other movie.

The second option is that you compete in modes at random, probably selected by pop bumper hits, and then you access a movie's wizard mode when you complete that movie's modes.

Both options could even be present in the final game - with the default setting being able to be changed in game adjustments.

Or, as we get deeper into rules testing and development, then we may come up with another solution.

#562 4 years ago

#563 4 years ago

Or, as we get deeper into rules testing and development, then we may come up with another solution.

How about instead of the standard 6-7 modes like Mustang or ST there could be 12-18, 1/2 for each story. Then the player could choose which mode or story line they're working on. You could just stick with one and get to that wizard mode quickly, or mix it up, back and forth depending on your mood.

#564 4 years ago

There are two story arcs for this game - one for each movie.
We are experimenting with two different options here.
One option is that you select which movie you want to play in, before you start the game. When you complete all of the modes, and the final wizard mode for that movie, then you automatically start the other movie.
The second option is that you compete in modes at random, probably selected by pop bumper hits, and then you access a movie's wizard mode when you complete that movie's modes.
Both options could even be present in the final game - with the default setting being able to be changed in game adjustments.

please stop making me WANT this game
good grief this sounds too cool !!!

#565 4 years ago

Any news on the announcement of the Heighway aussie distributor?
I hear around the traps that is Wayne aka Mr Pinball.
Is there any truth to this?

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

please stop making me WANT this game
good grief this sounds too cool !!!

Ha......you know it's been on your want list for awhile now!!!

Don't live in denial, man!!! ......mark

#567 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! Very cool ideas, really like 'both options' possibility. Can't wait to hear more.

#568 4 years ago

Andrew, you took the bad news announcement from earlier this week and pushed it away by keeping the communication open and continuing to post information and progress on the game.

Just shows that Pinside is not a negative cesspool. There is a reason why pinside can turn on a company and you are showing the right way to handle things.

I'd appreciate some further Full Throttle updates, even minutiae, as you get ready to get them out the door. Once those games start being delivered and you cement yourself as someone who can "get it done", I think you'll be primed for success with the big Alien license which will be sure to really open things up for your company.

#569 4 years ago

Man this pin is looking veeeeerrry tempting. I like the idea of starting a certain movie mode, completing it, then moving on to the next movie mode (plus choosing the one you want to start with when you push the start button). Plus, I LOVE the way they keep us up to date on their progression of the pin, even for us non-buyers at this point. Great customer service. I would love to see this baby in my gameroom, so I keep checking up on this forum.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew, you took the bad news announcement from earlier this week and pushed it away by keeping the communication open and continuing to post information and progress on the game.

Thank for your comments Chris.

Watch out for a major announcement from us later this week...

Now I am off to get an Alien whitewood playfield cut!

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just shows that Pinside is not a negative cesspool. There is a reason why pinside can turn on a company and you are showing the right way to handle things.
I'd appreciate some further Full Throttle updates, even minutiae, as you get ready to get them out the door. Once those games start being delivered and you cement yourself as someone who can "get it done", I think you'll be primed for success with the big Alien license which will be sure to really open things up for your company.

This. ^^^^^^^^^^

#572 4 years ago

Now I am off to get an Alien whitewood playfield cut!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Marcus

#573 4 years ago

I feel we are in good hands here. That other hot topic thread should be a grave warning as to how swift things can change when you play with peoples $$$...

#574 4 years ago

Some more news 'hot off the press' - we have official concept approval for our game. Specifics approvals should follow in the coming weeks.

#575 4 years ago

Some more news 'hot off the press' - we have official concept approval for our game. Specifics approvals should follow in the coming weeks.

Looks like a very Happy New Year too!

Marcus

#576 4 years ago

...i must resist...
...i must resis...
...i must resi...
...i must res...
...i must resERVE ONE NOW !!!!!

...ahhhhhhhh....

#577 4 years ago

Awesome!!!

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...i must resist...
...i must resis...
...i must resi...
...i must res...
...ahhhhhhhh....

Man, this denial stuff..... ......you're already there.......do it!!! ( yes, Pinsider pressure...sorry, I admit it).....kidding of course ( not) ........mark

#579 4 years ago

Despite all the doom and gloom on pinside as of late as a whole, I am myself really excited for this game!!

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Despite all the doom and gloom on pinside as of late as a whole, I am myself really excited for this game!!

As am I. But I'm also to the point where I've tempered my expectations regarding everything. I'm tired of the out of nowhere kicks to the nuts.

#581 4 years ago

All smiles here!

bigsmile.gif

#582 4 years ago

Some more news 'hot off the press' - we have official concept approval for our game.

What does this mean, Andrew? I don't know what that entails.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...i must resist...
...i must resis...
...i must resi...
...i must res...
...ahhhhhhhh....

What'd did your wife say? She happy with getting rid of the dining room table?

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

What'd did your wife say? She happy with getting rid of the dining room table?

hehehe... maybe if i sell the centipede cabaret in the bedroom she'll let me put an aliens in the dining room

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Couldn't agree more!

Heighway Pinball is the up and comer that I am really impressed with, and Alien is the title that has me super excited!

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more!
Heighway Pinball is the up and comer that I am really impressed with, and Alien is the title that has me super excited!

In that case, I think it's time to........

change your avatar.

#587 4 years ago

I remember Dennis said it was a fast flowing game at expo and
compared it to Demolition Man with lots of combo shots.
Looking at the latest playfield renders I can see all the combo possibilities
which has me pretty excited for this thing.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What does this mean, Andrew? I don't know what that entails.

First a company secures the license. Next they give a plan of action, including a rough concept of the game they want to make, and a schedule to make it all happen - this can include sketches, drawings, etc...

Then the company offically submits the concept of the game they want to make. This is what we did roughly 6 weeks ago. Today we officially got approval for the game concept we want to make.

Of course, the concept can change organically during the development process - but that's all part of building a pinball machine

The next step is for official approval of specifics, such as artwork elements, logos, etc... These were submitted at the same time and approval could be days or weeks - depending on our licensor and the number of people who are involved in various aspects of the approval process. You would be surprised at just how many different people need to get involved for different aspects of a license.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

change your Avatar.

HA!

You, my friend, are 100% correct. New avatar coming up...

#590 4 years ago

Hey Andrew. Any chance of getting some nice spinners on the table - B and/or J lanes on the playfield layout? I keep thinking it would be cool to here marine assault rifle or turrets firing based on the number of rotations on the spinner when hit.

Just ideas ...

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I keep thinking it would be cool to here marine assault rifle or turrets firing based on the number of rotations on the spinner when hit.

that would be bad ass.

#592 4 years ago

Andrew, would you ever consider letting Pinsiders or preorder's take a poll or give feedback on game ideas? More and more, videogames get beta tested with the public. Could that be an opportunity with some aspects of the Alien pinball game, e.g. software modes or other aspects?

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

change your Avatar.

Done!

#594 4 years ago

Absolutely killer Avatar Rob!!!! +1000....

All the calls/ requests for the ultimate Sci fi horror theme for a pin....and suddenly, the choice has been there all along...patiently waiting for the right time....hooray!!!

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

HA!
You, my friend, are 100% correct. New Avatar coming up...

Nice! What if all us pre-o folks put it on like a cod clan tag...the whole left side would lite up the same..your call...just tell me if im being lame

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hey Andrew. Any chance of getting some nice spinners on the table - B and/or J lanes on the playfield layout? I keep thinking it would be cool to here marine assault rifle or turrets firing based on the number of rotations on the spinner when hit.
Just ideas ...

Love it.

#597 4 years ago

tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg

#599 4 years ago

Glad to be joining this thread. I'm Russell Speak, Media Producer at Heighway Pinball. If you're a fan of virtual pinball then you're probably already aware of my work. I've been building and modding exact replicas of real word tables for years. I also design and build my own tables using the Future Pinball game editor.

I'm very excited to be working on Alien Pinball. I'm a huge fan of the movies and this really is a fantastic opportunity for us.

My job as Media Producer involves working on the art package, LCD graphics and animations, music and sounds, the rule set, the lighting effects....I also build the video game simulations of our games and produce our YouTube videos.

Having (almost) completed the media package for Full Throttle, Alien will be my second table.

I'll be uploading some exclusive pictures and providing more details about Alien Pinball in our own forums at www.heighwaypinball.com over the next few days. I will also answer any questions and welcome any ideas or suggestions you have for this game.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Glad to be joining this thread. I'm Russell Speak, Media Producer at Heighway Pinball. If you're a fan of virtual pinball then you're probably already aware of my work. I've been building and modding exact replicas of real word tables for years. I also design and build my own tables using the Future Pinball game editor.
I'm very excited to be working on Alien Pinball. I'm a huge fan of the movies and this really is a fantastic opportunity for us.
My job as Media Producer involves working on the art package, LCD graphics and animations, music and sounds, the rule set, the lighting effects....I also build the video game simulations of our games and produce our YouTube videos.
Having (almost) completed the media package for Full Throttle, Alien will be my second table.
I'll be uploading some exclusive pictures and providing more details about Alien Pinball in our own forums at http://www.heighwaypinball.com over the next few days. I will also answer any questions and welcome any ideas or suggestions you have for this game.

Russell,

Thank you for posting...I'll be checking the forum regularly, and couldn't be more excited for a title than this one!!!!....communication form your Team has been nothing short of amazing to this point, and greatly appreciated....hooray...ALIEN!!!!!!....mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 23983 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 480.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside