pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 601.
#5901 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

.. I'm fine waiting til summer...then it becomes BS and I'm out.

You have a month until June 20, official start of Summer. I'm pulling for you brother.

#5902 7 years ago

Anyone remember Dennis? Experience counts for alot.

Quoted from DennisNordman:

I have decided to end my relationship with Heighway Pinball. I am not the game designer on the Alien project. I made the initial playfield drawing and created concepts for 4 new playfield toys. The drawing can change drastically as the game develops. Andrew announced that the game would be ready in April (2015) and I can't possibly agree with this.

FWIW, I think this game will be fantastic, and can appreciate the reasons for the delays. Just giving props to Dennis for his foresight.

#5903 7 years ago

How great would it have been to have Nordman see this machine to completion. It's a shame, but we can be grateful for the early input he provided...it lends confidence to the final product. I'm getting more and more excited to see/play this thing as time goes on.

#5904 7 years ago

I remember...And I also remember Andrews response to this

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Dennis's announcement is unfortunate but it is his prerogative to move onto other projects.
Are we behind schedule at the moment? By approximately 1 1/2 weeks, yes..

If he were to come out and say, "Hey guys, Dennis is right...we are way behind on this one but doing the best we can"

I would have respected that...

I know some of you think I'm trollish and need some kleenex or whatever...But my agenda is simply nothing more than holding Andrew accountable for bs'n us and compel him to be a straight shooter going forward...I'm done...see ya'll in August

#5905 7 years ago

Andrew has been transparent imo, I generally feel in the picture in terms of time line and so not feel bs'd. Would i like to see so something of the machine,of course. I can wait another few months though.

Rooting for HP to make this a belter.

#5906 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

How great would it have been to have Nordman see this machine to completion. It's a shame, but we can be grateful for the early input he provided...it lends confidence to the final product. I'm getting more and more excited to see/play this thing as time goes on.

I agree. But what Dave Sanders has done with Full Throttle as his 1st pin design, is just pure genius. Full Throttle is one of the best shooting pins I have ever played! With Dave & his team taking over the reigns from Dennis, I think we are in very good hands. I can't wait to get my Alien pin!

#5907 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

he left to go work on Elvira 3 and a few other projects he is trying to get Stern to make. While Dennis provided a PC reason for his leaving based on the logical reality of the game not being ready for a ways out, he also had his own personal reaosns which he left

#5908 7 years ago

Elvira 3!!!! Now that would be my first NIB!!! Where do I pay? No small deposits, I'll pay the whole price, right now!!!!!

#5910 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I remember...And I also remember Andrews response to this

If he were to come out and say, "Hey guys, Dennis is right...we are way behind on this one but doing the best we can"
I would have respected that...
I know some of you think I'm trollish and need some kleenex or whatever...But my agenda is simply nothing more than holding Andrew accountable for bs'n us and compel him to be a straight shooter going forward...I'm done...see ya'll in August

go get your deposit back and stfu...

#5911 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he left to go work on Elvira 3

If this is true I'll shit my pants again...you've made my day!

You're likely right about the personal reasons too, that makes more sense.

#5912 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#5913 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

You're likely right about the personal reasons too, that makes more sense.

I was originally told it was slated for late 2016 but with delays at Stern I could see it being a bit further out.

#5914 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

he left to go work on Elvira 3 and a few other projects he is trying to get Stern to mak

First I've heard of Elvira 3. That's great news! Tis the era of 80's themed machines!

As for Alien, it will be done when it is done. Could Andrew have been more accurate with projected dates? Sure. Does missing the projections he gave automatically mean there was malice? No.

Full throttle is a really fun game. I like the shot geometrics on it. I'm sure Alien will be cool too.

#5915 7 years ago

Elvira 3? Boring and irrelevant today.

#5916 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ha...your collection...not relevant in any way, but you still like them right?

Rescue 911,Sharkey's Shootout,Terminator 2: Judgment Day,Viper Night Drivin',Maverick,Shadow, No Fear: Dangerous Sports, Tales from the Crypt, Baywatch

#5917 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ok, then which of these should I believe? How does that fool me once saying go?

(2015)

(2015)

(2016)
I don't care about JJP delays, jpop/skit b scams & pinball is hard etc...
Conversely, I don't care about the efficiency of Stern & Spooky...
This is Heighway Pinball, Andrew Heighway told me things that were untrue which compelled me to give him my $$, and the above statements are his words to us all...

I see my buddy Random is still laying down a path of truth bombs as he posts.

Quoted from Whysnow:

he left to go work on Elvira 3 and a few other projects he is trying to get Stern to make.

This is completely consistent with the information I have heard as well. I have heard that Stern will in fact make Elvira 3 based on Nordman's design.

#5919 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Or did I miss the sarcasm because we're on the Alien thread, or GB thread, or Hobbit thread?
I guess the Hobbit is the "most relevant?"

#5920 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...your collection...not relevant in any way, but you still like them right?
Rescue 911,Sharkey's Shootout,Terminator 2: Judgment Day,Viper Night Drivin',Maverick,Shadow, No Fear: Dangerous Sports, Tales from the Crypt, Baywatch

Those pins were made in their own relevant era, not in 2016/2017. I need to update my pin list too.

Elvira is not relevant and to me doesn't seem like an exciting theme. I'd say the same thing if a Maverick, TFTC, etc was being touted as the next new pin.

#5921 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Think of it like "Whoa Nellie" ...an "indie" pin for a select audience.

#5922 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Those pins were made in their own relevant era, not in 2016/2017.

I semi understand your point, but I will remind you that NF was never relevant, and I remember the day it was released.

Quoted from PoMC:

Elvira is not relevant and to me doesn't seem like an exciting theme.

Are you buying NIB games? Because that's the only factor in "relevant" themes. And to be honest, the only ideas that are "relevant" now are completely irrelevant themes.

#5923 7 years ago

Very select audience. I think you'd be hard pressed finding many people under the ages of 35-40 know who Elvira is.

#5924 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I see my buddy Random is still laying down a path of truth bombs as he posts.

This is completely consistent with the information I have heard as well. I have heard that Stern will in fact make Elvira 3 based on Nordman's design.

Holy shit!! Welcome back!!!!

#5925 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Are you buying NIB games? Because that's the only factor in "relevant" themes. And to be honest, the only ideas that are "relevant" now are completely irrelevant themes.

Game of Thrones was ordered and am waiting for it to ship.

#5926 7 years ago

It is like if they released Medieval Madness today with today's prices. Who would buy it? Oh, right.

Quoted from PoMC:

Very select audience. I think you'd be hard pressed finding many people under the ages of 35-40 know who Elvira is.

Or with $8K to spend.

#5927 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

We'll have to see, but she has a history in pinball, and that's what they're selling.

#5928 7 years ago

....waiting for the first sad grumpy pinsider to complain about gettin' off-topic (again)!

tumblr_o0e8u0DDXW1u7nlkeo1_1280_(resized).jpgtumblr_o0e8u0DDXW1u7nlkeo1_1280_(resized).jpg

#5929 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll have to see, but she has a history in pinball, and that's what they're selling.

Right, a history in pinball. Try asking the average person under 40 who Elvira is....then follow up and ask if they care.

Hope it gets made if that's what people want though. I never saw the appeal, except when I was 12 and liked seeing big tits on TV.

#5930 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Right, a history in pinball. Try asking the average person under 40 who Elvira is....then follow up and ask if they care.

Oh a I agree, now find someone under 40 that is buying pinball machines.
GB is equally irrelevant idea for someone under 40, and people are blowing loads all over themselves to get it.

#5931 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

....waiting for the first sad grumpy pinsider to complain about gettin' off-topic (again)!

I hope it's original hand drawn art cuz....oooff that photoshop artwork would be scary indeed.

#5932 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hope it gets made if that's what people want though. I never saw the appeal, except when I was 12 and liked seeing big tits on TV.

He makes a lot of good points, Elvira may be a hot 60+ year old lady, but unless the machine has some major innovation or some kind of gimmick, I would pass it up just as fast as I pass WWE in a line up. Shes irrelevant to any one under 40, totally agree.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Think of it like "Whoa Nellie" ...an "indie" pin for a select audience.

Right, but WNBJM is a pretty basic playfield and design. Do you think they would sink money into R&D for a theme thats only going to appeal to a select number of older gentlemen when they are trying to attract a larger, younger audience (cough barcades cough)

Really hope you are wrong.

#5933 7 years ago

Elvira hosted a show on Hulu just last year. Since when is The Mistress of the Dark not relevant?

#5934 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm still to know an average under 40 person who buys pinball machines!

#5935 7 years ago

Also, Coin-Op is one of the "hippest barcades" in San Diego, and they had an Elvira pin in there for months, getting lots of play.

"not relevant to my interests" =/= "not relevant to anyone's interests". Does everyone on this site have to speak in absolutes?

#5936 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Im 32...........been collecting for almost 10 years.........

#5937 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Maybe not buys, but what about plays? I'm thinking about this on location and people wondering who the old witch with big tits is.

Sure, the pinball fellas will buy it because for some reason Elvira is a big deal to them.

#5938 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Also, Coin-Op is one of the "hippest barcades" in San Diego, and they had an Elvira pin in there for months, getting lots of play.
"not relevant to my interests" =/= "not relevant to anyone's interests". Does everyone on this site have to speak in absolutes?

Her old pins are just that, old. Hipsters love playing with old toys. Those are great machines, I just dont think a new version will be as big a hit as say GB is now.

#5939 7 years ago

Elvira has a game on Pinball Arcade, and we all know that games on TPA have gone up in interest.

#5940 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You'd be hard pressed at finding anyone under 35-40 who care about a modern EM called "Big Juicy Melons". Clearly Nordmann/Freres have a deal with Stern to do their own "indie" Whiz Bang games....so, I imagine if they're doing another Elvira, it's going to be the same sort of situation.

Stern has so many titles in the pipeline, they can clearly afford to do "smaller" games that aren't expected to sell as much....but they will sell to a core pinball audience. 45-60 who love Pinball, hand drawn art, and Elvira.

#5941 7 years ago

I start to see a pattern for people jumping into the Aliens thread: first Traci Lords, now Elvira...
Gentle Reminder: This is an A-L-I-E-N thread...not an Alien boobs thread...

#5942 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe not buys, but what about plays? I'm thinking about this on location and people wondering who the old witch with big tits is.
Sure, the pinball fellas will buy it because for some reason Elvira is a big deal to them.

Well, one thing I know for sure.... she'll look MUCH better than sigourney weaver!

Cassandra_Peterson_04_(resized).jpgCassandra_Peterson_04_(resized).jpg

#5943 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I start to see a pattern for people jumping into the Aliens thread: first Traci Lords, now Elvira...
Gentle Reminder: This is an A-L-I-E-N thread...not an Alien boobs thread...

And the big prize goes to....

#5944 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Elvira has a game on Pinball Arcade, and we all know that games on TPA have gone up in interest.

2 (two) games on TPA!

119337c96fc9a5c2a3dc3627b29f2d6_(resized).jpg119337c96fc9a5c2a3dc3627b29f2d6_(resized).jpg

#5945 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well Nordman originally said it's "Elvira, not Cassandra." There isn't going to be an old photoshop job of a 70 year old women...just like there wasn't on any of the other machines when she was 50

#5946 7 years ago

Yay! Thread On fire!!!! ................with Elvira pictures...

Teleurstelling_(resized).jpgTeleurstelling_(resized).jpg

#5947 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My wife doesn't particularly care for pinball, but she'd be very interested in a new Elvira pin. Admittedly its probably not an average case, but she's 29 and occasionally goes dressed as Elvira to conventions, etc. so it's one of the few themes she'd actually get excited about.

Sort of like Alien is for me.

See...I said "Alien" so its relevant now.

#5948 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

My wife doesn't particularly care for pinball, but she'd be very interested in a new Elvira pin.

I'm not sure the age of a pinball theme is all that relevant. My girlfriend is 28 and absolutely loves Elvira and Scared Stiff. My nephews favorite game of mine is the EM, Abra Ca Dabra...can't get him off that thing. If something is fun to play for you, that's what brings you back.

#5949 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

she's 29 and occasionally goes dressed as Elvira to conventions,

You knew this was coming so I'll just get it out of the way now.... Pictures or it didn't happen.

Oh, and I'm still interested in seeing Alien when it's done.

#5950 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

...liked seeing big tits on TV.

You don't anymore???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.