• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 493.
#5851 3 years ago

You hurt my feelings...

bolaji_svartvit_opt.jpeg

#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Go to the 1st page and first post of this thread and click on the black head and shoulders symbol located in the top right corner area of that post.
Volia, you just filtered out all of the monkey business and are left with a concise history on everything you need to know about the development of this pin and how far it's come to this point, directly from the manufacturer.

Thank you, I was unaware of this feature. It doesn't show on my phone right now but I will check this feature out when I return from traveling. Great tool.

Edit: also found it on my phone.

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

he's already given truthful updates and realistic timelines

Ok, then which of these should I believe? How does that fool me once saying go?

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game.

We are still pushing hard to show working prototypes at the UK Pinball Party at our factory on 21st-23rd August.

(2015)

Regarding timelines, we want working prototypes by the end of August and finished games by October. Production should therefore start September/October with the first games being shipped by the end of October

(2015)

We want to show a working version of Alien within the first quarter of 2016 - and this could even be in January.

Development is definitely at an advanced stage and we believe we are absolutely still on course for summer 2016 production

we are pushing to have the game finished mid August

(2016)

I don't care about JJP delays, jpop/skit b scams & pinball is hard etc...

Conversely, I don't care about the efficiency of Stern & Spooky...

This is Heighway Pinball, Andrew Heighway told me things that were untrue which compelled me to give him my $$, and the above statements are his words to us all...

#5854 3 years ago

Those statements were all true when they were made. What's the problem? Have you not experienced your own difficulties and delays with any projects before and had to push out deadlines?

#5855 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

compelled me to give him my $$,

you can get a full refund anytime, no?

#5856 3 years ago

This is Heighway Pinball, Andrew Heighway told me things that were untrue which compelled me to give him my $$, and the above statements are his words to us all...

All statements that mentioned targets and hopes. No promises.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

All statements that mentioned targets and hopes. No promises.

And no points for wildly inaccurate? Or overly optimistic?

Is Andrew going to tell us the slide is completely due to approvals and other things outside his control?

#5858 3 years ago

(2015)

(2015)

(2016)

And I don't think ( or care if) you are some " random guy off of Craigslist".... spare us all of your wisdom.....if you "don't care" about these other examples , you should at least pay attention....we all do....Heighway is behind, that's it.......save yourself...just get your $$ refunded and move on...wow, that was easy!!!...

#5859 3 years ago

WOW.... ramdom guy owns 1 (one) pinball machine: ALIEN!!!!

#5860 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Go to the 1st page and first post of this thread and click on the black head and shoulders symbol located in the top right corner area of that post.

VERY cool…did not know that existed….

#5861 3 years ago

Andrew clearly has consistently misfired in a major way on timeline, again and again.

I'm assuming that Alien has had to take a back seat to getting FT out the door which was also delayed obviously.

The delays hurt nobody else other than Andrew and company. The overhead meter doesn't stop running from month to month.

JJP wanted all of my Hobbit deposit a few years ago, I canceled after that infamous expo with TBL.

I don't think a small deposit is too much to ask. Not for me.

Nobody says you can't wait until its complete to then order and pay for your game.

#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

WOW.... ramdom guy owns 1 (one) pinball machine: ALIEN!!!!

This is true...sold off my collection to have a collection of all Heighway titles so you can look forward to me in future Heighway threads...

#5863 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well why would you? Because the "minion's" idol fed him that story? To (gasp) create drama? I don't have an axe to grind with either party but how would ANYONE know if this story is true? Because someone said so?
It just seems designed to create drama IMO.

Let me clarify. When I say I can't belief Aurich would do that, i literally mean I don't believe he did it. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

#5864 3 years ago

Just played Full Throttle at PAGG. I was screaming with delight. Those that know me know I just don't do that with DMDs/moderns.
There's a LOT going right in this package. The ball screams into that left inlane. The flipper inlane guides are RAZOR-sharp perfection. Most zero-hop I've ever seen. Bliss...

The future of pinball is in good hands. Big props to Heighway...

Odds are Alien will be fantastic, now I get why there are so many fans. If I hadn't seen Full Throttle in person, I'd still be an internet skeptic on the matter.

-mof

#5865 3 years ago

It really is a load of fun. I was content to wait for an Alien and then get a FT kit later but after playing it at Allentown, I want one of these in my life. If there were one near me to play I'd be all over it.

#5866 3 years ago

This is true...sold off my collection to have a collection of all Heighway titles so you can look forward to me in future Heighway threads...

Who am I to call you

#5867 3 years ago

(2015)

(2015)

(2016)

tissue-box-622x427_(resized).jpg

#5868 3 years ago

Save those for anyone who buys this game.

#5869 3 years ago

TROLL_(resized).jpg

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

You obviously have nothing real or constructive to say. Why don't you drain this topic like you used to say to others when they had nothing to say about your thread?

#5871 3 years ago

My constructive analysis. Thoughts?

playfield_(resized).jpg

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My thought is that you are bored and getting your rocks off messing with people in a thread of a game that you have no intention of buying.

#5873 3 years ago

lol

Clip art sucks. And those icons that you see there are not clip art. They are cool icons, very well designed

As for the rest of the art, I think it will work amazingly when the pf is full of ramps and stuff.
For a theme like this you need a deep dark art, just like it was done.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My thoughts?

Bye-bye, Thanks for playing.

I'm waiting for the final product and have pretty much skipped looking at early stuff. I play Full Throttle pretty often [even though I'm not a bike racing fan] and will be happy to hit the start button on this when it comes out.

#5875 3 years ago

Peace_Alien_(resized).png

b522485d4497770c139f8609bcf2414a_(resized).jpg

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Man....you just want to carry the flag so bad for your favorite podcast buddy....you remind me of big Enis and little Enis....think your new name is Little Enis

images(36)_(resized).jpg

#5877 3 years ago

I think I like the idea of a final, finished reveal...and this game is going to be out of the park incredible.

#5878 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Man....you just want to carry the flag so bad for your favorite podcast buddy....you remind me big Enos and little Enos....think your new name is Little Enos

i think you spelled little enos wrong...

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i think you spelled little enos wrong...

Beat me to it lol. Is there anything more pathetic than a bully's henchman?

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Those statements were all true when they were made. What's the problem? Have you not experienced your own difficulties and delays with any projects before and had to push out deadlines?

He's already made one pinball table, that was hilariously late. So he understands better than anyone else just how hard it is to make a pinball table. Why do you think Nordman left? Perhaps he did not want to be associated with this particular 'advertising' method.

It just feels disengenios for him to keep annoncing dates that he knows full well won't be met, just to keep pre-sale money coming in.

What was that Douglas Adams quote "I love deadlines, I love the whoooshing sound they make as they past by"

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

He's already made one pinball table, that was hilariously late. So he understands better than anyone else just how hard it is to make a pinball table. Why do you think Nordman left? Perhaps he did not want to be associated with this particular 'advertising' method.
It just feels disengenios for him to keep annoncing dates that he knows full well won't be met, just to keep pre-sale money coming in.
What was that Douglas Adams quote "I love deadlines, I love the whoooshing sound they make as they past by"

Now we have mind readers chiming in.....I would suspect if he wanted more pre-sale money he would be asking for installments, giving reveals he shouldn't , etc....the exact opposite of what he's doing. The game has gone through changes for the better BEFORE we get it, based on his previous experience...he gives ( granted overly optimistic ) updates, and has stated the whole game will be released, per FOX directive. There is a flipping, bad ass game video of this thing, it just can't be released publicly...why is that so hard to understand?
No way he wins for some...EXCEPT the people that are in on the game. Think the holidays are going to be good times....

#5882 3 years ago

Adios "little Enis"

The fact that FT is being so well received as a first effort by Heighway is very encouraging.

I'm reserving judgment on the art until the play field is fully populated. With the exception of truly great art like GB, most unpopulated play fields looks like a disjointed crappy mess.

That said, Alien art certainly isn't what i expected.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

he gives ( granted overly optimistic ) updates, and has stated the whole game will be released, per FOX directive

So not why just say "It'll be done when Fox lets us release it?"

#5885 3 years ago

I trying to remember of a single pin license before that has had this problem (apart from TBL, that couldn't show things weren't from the advertising), and that was from a film that hadn't already come out (t2) and they weren't allowed to show the T-1000.

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I trying to remember of a single pin license before that has had this problem (apart from TBL) that couldn't show things from the advertising, and that was from a film that had already come out (t2) and they were allowed to show the T-1000.

Because traditionally games aren't announced until they are done. TBL had the same problems because it was announced early, just like Alien. And just like Alien, there was pressure on them to show ANYTHING, because people were waiting (some with money in).

This will likely be the last pinball title announced early, by any company.

#5887 3 years ago

So I guess, the answer to all of this mess is 'pre-order license pins' means a shit storm on forums?

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This will likely be the last pinball title announced early, by any company.

HA! Now that's funny.

#5889 3 years ago

Heighway has had the licence agreement in place for years now. He recently promised to release an update pending Fox approval and now claims he can release nothing until completion?

I don't understand.

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

HA! Now that's funny.

PPS/CGC have already delayed announcement of #2, until they are at the end with no delay to production.

I doubt Heighway will do this again.

DP I doubt will do it again.

Stern doesn't do it.

JJP has said they aren't doing it again.

I think we can still get games shown that aren't in production yet, but it won't be a situation of announcing a title and waiting years while they make it. That is over.

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think we can still get games shown that aren't in production yet, but it won't be a situation of announcing a title and waiting years while they make it. That is over.

Duly noted and quote saved for later

#5892 3 years ago

Personally, I just don't trust him when he says "It's Foxs fault we can't show anything" and I have strong reason to believe that.

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Duly noted and quote saved for later

If I'm wrong, then those companies deserve all the backlash they get. The "we didn't know what we didn't know" excuse only works once.

#5894 3 years ago

Anytime a company starts collecting preorder deposits well in advance of a games completion, there will be pressure from many (not all) of those people that have deposits or paid in full cash down. The longer it takes, the more pressure and BS you're going to get from people. We've seen this time and again now. This is where Stern's method shines. Its simple, don't collect pre-order payments until the game is basically ready to ship.

#5895 3 years ago

You don't have to give anybody any money for a pinball machine if you don't want to.

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

So not why just say "It'll be done when Fox lets us release it?"

This is pretty much what he HAS said.....But some just refuse to hear it......I give.....there is an AlienLE w large screen coming my way when they release them ( probably in the first batch). Zero worries, and the $1500 ( for me) serves me zero purpose otherwise....minimal deposit( refundable) for maximum return....it could be 18 months late ( 13 now)....whoa, the sky is falling....whatever...

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is pretty much what he HAS said.....But some just refuse to hear it......I give.....there is an AlienLE w large screen coming my way when they release them ( probably in the first batch). Zero worries, and the $1500 ( for me) serves me zero purpose otherwise....minimal deposit( refundable) for maximum return....it could be 18 months late ( 13 now)....whoa, the sky is falling....whatever...

?

#5898 3 years ago

It was to be thumbs up not sure what happend lol

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Amen brother.

#5900 3 years ago

Andy shot for the sky over a year ago announcing this. THEN he accepted deposits. Not full payments unless buyer volunteered.

Other than his premature title announcement, I'm fine waiting til summer...then it becomes BS and I'm out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside