• 24,679 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by WolfManCat
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24679 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 494.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plenty of things. A great theme does not a pinball make.

Yeah but its a big factor, I would say on location I'm not too picky when it comes to theme, FT and CFTBL are fun pinball machines but they will never be part of my collection so its kinda important, I don't care for Kiss as a band and thusly no time for the pinball but if I was part of the Kiss army it would be here and I would find the good within as many Hobbit owners are doing right now, I've owned few that weren't themes I dug but gave the pin a chance and they did not last too long, why? theme, if you dislike Met or AC/DC do they really have any longevity, man I'm grumpy today, signing off........

#5752 3 years ago

Theme is EVERYTHING! Thats why I'll never own a woz....

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Theme is everything for NIB, for sure. Who's gonna drop that kind of dough on a theme they don't dig? A used game that's cheaper, though? Of course, I have a whole bunch of shitty-themed games, cuz the price was right! When WOZ hits like $2k, I'll give it a go lol

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

haha...yeah looking at your collection I would assume you say that. X-files....jesus christ it's a great "theme" at least. How you can have such a piece of shit anywhere near your home baffles me. Your JM laughs at XF...and that's saying something.

#5755 3 years ago

Hey guys. Heard in our Slack channel that Andrew posted here, so came to see the updates. Man, lots of off topic posts about Traci Lords since my last post, you all must be feeling hard up!

Seriously though, I get the frustration. We feel it too, sucks to work on these teaser videos and then not be able to even show them. If it were up to me you'd see everything, why the hell not, we've come this far already together. Actually, if it were up to me I'd be working on this in secret, and no one would even know existed until it appeared in playable form. That ship has sailed though.

All I can say right now is that the video is real, and there are people who saw the previous one (which was similar) who can vouch for it being real. If you're in SoCal stop on by, I'll give you a personal screening! And it sounds like Andrew will continue to show it at events, maybe we'll make a new one by then. Come to his seminars and report back! I was actually pretty surprised by how quiet things were after TPF, but I guess the Pinside meet and greet was at the same time as the Heighway seminar, which was crap timing.

That's about all I have to say, but I saw some posts implying that the Fox stuff was bullshit, and I just wanted to say that the game is really being worked on, by real people, we shot a real video of it, and it's a shame you can't see it because you'd feel reassured by it I think.

On the other hand I personally hate showing in progress work, never do it with my personal projects, so I'm going to just keep doing my part to make the actual reveal worth the wait, all I can do at this stage. Andrew is still the man with the official updates.

Take it easy everyone.

#5756 3 years ago

gb le and the rest of my pins can keep me busy, I don't mind the wait. I am thinking Christmas gift for me, that would be ok. I have a deposit and I am not stressing it especially after playing ft. probably gonna order a ft kit when my alien ready to ship.

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Seriously though, I get the frustration. We feel it too,

I'd just take your time to get it as right as possible before shipping. You're in between a rock and hard place regarding people's expectations and as irritating as it has to be to hear the bitching - it's still the best scenario at the moment. You wouldn't want apathy here.

Imagine if the thread was dead and the entire project was met with a collective yawn... that would be worse than the impatient posters.

Plus it's not like you're sitting on full payment all this time like earlier pre-order models. When it's ready - it's ready. I hope it turns out to be a classic and an eventual must have... and if that takes another 6 months or more - what the hell.

Of course in real life a bottle would fly past my head after that last sentence

#5758 3 years ago

Andrew is as anxious as anyone to get this thing out.....he is doing things the right way, and the end result will exceed expectations. I can only say, if you are onboard, and passionate about this title. Pm him.He's been more than upfront every time I've inquired. Suspect most of his " Alien" eggs are in this basket, and can't dick w other titles until the major one is released, and he's officially on the map.
There are little hints throughout the thread recently....the machine does exist, an awesome video does exist of it flipping, and shows some things that will blow your f**king mind. Whining or making up shit will not expedite the release by one day. Nothing else to say at this point. I am more than content waiting on this thing....it's real!!!...

#5759 3 years ago

Andrew is as anxious as anyone to get this thing out.....

Just like Jack was as anxious as anyone to get WOZ and Hobbit out. Just like John Popaduik was as anxious as anyone to get Magic Girl and his Zombie pin out. Just like Kevin was as anxious as anyone to get Predator out.

An owner wanting to get the pin out is of no relevance. It is stating the obvious.

#5760 3 years ago

this thread has suddenly attracted a lot of jerk-ish jerk type jerk comments...does that sound too jerk-ish? Personal theory, a bunch of self haters that waited long on Hobbit etc. and are trying to get in a little schadenfreude.

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Just like Jack was as anxious as anyone to get WOZ and Hobbit out. Just like John Popaduik was as anxious as anyone to get Magic Girl and his Zombie pin out. Just like Kevin was as anxious as anyone to get Predator out.
An owner wanting to get the pin out is of no relevance. It is stating the obvious.

Only one of the three you mention actually MADE a game...putting those other 2 even in this conversation is total bullshit.....missed my point entirely.....Andrew wants to show stuff without blowing smoke out of his ass or breaking boundaries set by the License. His ONLY fucking foul is being behind, of which he's publicly admitted. New ( but real) company, monster title w real License restrictions, needs it to be as right as possible out of the box. Surprised it's behind? Really?

All I'm saying is cut the company some slack. If you don't want to, all is good, go buy something else. Change your mind? Get your $1500.00 refunded and put it in something else....geesh...

#5762 3 years ago

Woah, slow down, slow it way down.

Even you, as misguided as you "expletive" may be, know the difference between Jack and Andrew. If not, then you are an "expletive".

#5763 3 years ago

Maybe its time to close this thread and revisit it in a few months, I got the info needed from Andrew and will have to be patient, no doubt this pin is coming and will be amazing amongst mostly themes geared to children and the elderly finally Sci Fi Horror, don't cheese it Andrew, keep it cool.

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even you, as misguided as you "expletive" may be, know the difference between Jack and Andrew. If not, then you are an "expletive".

Ditto....sorry for excessive profanity ( and I'm not even drinking tonight) but some of this shit has to stop. Let them build the game...then bash away, if you'd like.....

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The difference is two games released instead of just one.

#5766 3 years ago

i like aliens
they are cool
this pin is going to rock
the end

#5767 3 years ago

The frustration of pre ordering something and then prolonged waiting for years is not for the faint of heart.

I was out after the first delays
And was refunded my deposit

It made me feel much better not to deal with the anxiety of the wait.

Ones Alien is build and available for immediate purchase,
THEN I will get my Alien !!

It's going to be great !!?

#5768 3 years ago

I'm not sure why all of the praise for Heighway pinball regarding the half $&@ed "update".

If it is feasible to show things at trade shows, it is surely possible to form some sort of Internet group for those who have deposits down on the game to show progress.

I am in on an LE since 7/15. I emailed Heighway about this more than 6 months ago. No response for months. Then got an email that told me . . . nothing I didn't already know from this website.

I expect something from the company I paid a significant amount of money to. I am tired of trying to find out info on a website unaffiliated with Heighway.

I want the game, but am about to cut bait. There are many other games out there that look fun and can be bought now.

Heighway, if you are reading this: give those with a deposit down an exclusive update. It would show you value those who are risking money on your company. If not, give me my money back.

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't they have an app that lets you send an message and video to people to view for a few hours before it disappears? Why couldn't Andrew shoot a few videos and have them on hand to send upon request? I am seriously wondering what the hold up is since they evidentally are not restricted from showing anything to people at shows. Why not add an electronic option at the same time Has anybody seen pics of complete Alien prototype with art? "That is something I would love to see" said Captain Obvious.

andrew already updated the thread within the last 48 hours. wtf is so hard to digest?

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I'm not sure why all of the praise for Heighway pinball regarding the half $&@ed "update".
If it is feasible to show things at trade shows, it is surely possible to form some sort of Internet group for those who have deposits down on the game to show progress.
I am in on an LE since 7/15. I emailed Heighway about this more than 6 months ago. No response for months. Then got an email that told me . . . nothing I didn't already know from this website.
I expect something from the company I paid a significant amount of money to. I am tired of trying to find out info on a website unaffiliated with Heighway.
I want the game, but am about to cut bait. There are many other games out there that look fun and can be bought now.
Heighway, if you are reading this: give those with a deposit down an exclusive update. It would show you value those who are risking money on your company. If not, give me my money back.

stupid post. people that have a clue understand why. people that don't will sit here and piss and moan. i'm sure they will refund your money so get it, and take care now. bye bye...

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

im not saying you're a dbag but these are things a dbag might say. just giving you a chance to clarify the intent...

#5772 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

stupid post. people that have a clue understand why. people that don't will sit here and piss and moan. i'm sure they will refund your money so get it, and take care now. bye bye...

Ad hominem.

If you have info the rest of us don't about this game, please share.

#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Ad hominem.
If you have info the rest of us don't about this game, please share.

not sure which part of this you're not absorbing:

"Hi everyone,
I want to give you all an update.
The official line from Fox is that we can't publicly show videos until the game has been approved as a whole. I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then.
There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens. Alien won't (can't) be shown until it is finished.
At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August. Pending approval by Fox of the finished game, then we expect to start production in September.
We all love what we are doing with this game and it's frustrating not to be able to show you our progress. There is another argument that when you all see the finished promo video, then it will be exactly what we want to show you - rather than prototype videos at various stages of development.
We apologise if this disappoints anyone but we are nearly there now. All should become clear within a few months"

please share....
"

#5774 3 years ago

"I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then."

That part. Show it privately, in some fashion, with all those invested in the project.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

"I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then."
That part. Show it privately, in some fashion, with all those invested in the project.

"There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens. Alien won't (can't) be shown until it is finished."

are you in the future man? you might be onto something much bigger than pinball if so....

#5776 3 years ago

I am quoting Heighway's post. Look at it again. I'm not in the future. I'm taking him at his word that he is going to show something at a trade show.

What confounds me is why they cannot show something about the game to those invested, who cannot attend trade shows.

#5777 3 years ago

I can't lie to you about your chances of a reveal, but... you have my sympathies.

#5778 3 years ago

#Release the transcripts

#5779 3 years ago

I posted a suggestion on the official forum about a members only sort of thing. No comment was made on that, but that is the way to go for me.

#5780 3 years ago

#5781 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I am quoting Heighway's post. Look at it again. I'm not in the future. I'm taking him at his word that he is going to show something at a trade show.
What confounds me is why they cannot show something about the game to those invested, who cannot attend trade shows.

I have personally debated this very point on a number of occasions - setting up an NDA with customers and revealing info. But the problem is this - John Popadiuk did the same, and info was leaked out onto the net.

Fox have given me clear instructions about this. This is a very sensitive license - movies are still being made in this 'universe'.

If I show somebody a private showing on my iPad, then I can control if they video it with their smart phone or not. If I show it to a group on Skype then all it takes is one person to video it and then leak it onto the web.

Then I risk breaking my license agreement and the whole project could be at risk.

So yes - I would LOVE to show paying customers the videos right now. Today. But there is too much at risk to do that.

I hope you understand our position.

However, if you find yourself in South Wales, Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Florida or one of several other locations, then you can meet up with one of our team members who will be more than happy to show you the latest material.

As I stated in my update, we are pushing to have the game finished mid August. Then it is submitted for approval. At the same time, we will more than likely have an official promo video submitted for approval.

The end result being that we would hope to have the finished promo video released by the end of August.

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

You seem a little slow on the uptake. Fox have expressly forbade them from distributing media related to the unfinished game, and Andrew just stated as much. Yet you and others continue to ignore this and call for them to breach contract and at best piss the licensor off and at worst lose the license and get sued. What's wrong with you?

#5783 3 years ago

Fair enough. I respect your predicament. It is not of your making. Targeted emails to those who have prepaid would be a wise decision, in my opinion.

I personally cannot countenance any further delay without updates. Time is money, if you will.

I'm done. Bon chance tout le monde.

#5784 3 years ago

Hi Andrew, posting this here as there is not much going on with the official forum.

If we are not seeing what we are buying until August, will we still get chance to cancel for a full refund, or will it be too late at that point?

Personally I really liked Aurich's non-specific trickling of development tidbits just to keep our appetites wet. It was sweet to hear something about the passion and thought that is going into this machine and it's design, as opposed to specific contect with pictures, videos, etc. Is this still possible, if not by Aurich then another member of HP? It could be done on a level to disclose nothing specific therefor not violating your Fox contractual obligations.

Also that input and the comments it inspires has got to be better that the spam that is currently cluttering up this thread.

#5785 3 years ago

Special edition podcast is online now with Alien and this thread as the topic. Just listened to it and was worth the 19 min run time.

#5786 3 years ago

Where Do I find it?

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Special edition podcast is online now with Alien and this thread as the topic. Just listened to it and was worth the 19 min run time.

Do you mind sharing the name of the podcast? There is a few of them out there

#5788 3 years ago

The pod caster is banned by Pinside and the mods don't want any links posted to his podcast. But the episode is titled, "Alien done in August?"

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The pod caster is banned by Pinside and the mods don't want any links posted to his podcast. But the episode is titled, "Alien done in August?"

Ehh, no thanks. He has been banned for a reason.

#5790 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Oh, it's that podcaster. Thanks for letting us know, but I think I will skip that one. It will only be drama talk, anyway. He loves that stuff

#5791 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i like aliens
they are cool
this pin is going to rock
the end

Ahh....a voice of reason drifting into Alienland...thank you Labnip!!!

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wasn't what we were thinking. Starts with an I and ends with a T. Figure it out.

Industrialist? Instrumentalist? Illusionist? Imperialist? Impressionist?

#5793 3 years ago

nothing naught zero

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Industrialist? Instrumentalist? Illusionist? Imperialist? Impressionist?

Cold, very cold. But funny.

I . . . T

Yes the play field art doesn't come close to the GBLE i have coming (which is MUCH nicer art than the big Stay puff marshmallow turd).

However, not much else out there compares to the GBLE artwork. I'll take both.

Quoted from Pimp77:

The difference is two games released instead of just one.

With lies and misrepresentations all along the way by Jack. As you know I spent 4 years of it with Woz, which i love by the way. The REAL difference is between the two individuals, a straight shooter and a crooked shooter. But i also get why Jack had to distort the truth so many times. And now other people are running his company.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cold, very cold. But funny.
I . . . T
Yes the play field art doesn't come close to the GBLE i have coming (which is MUCH nicer art than the big Stay puff marshmallow turd).
However, not much else out there compares to the GBLE artwork. I'll take both.

With lies and misrepresentations all along the way by Jack. As you know I spent 4 years of it with Woz, which i love by the way. The REAL difference is between the two individuals, a straight shooter and a crooked shooter. But i also get why Jack had to distort the truth so many times. And now other people are running his company.

And since that time Jack has never posted on pinside again.....

#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Ehh, no thanks. He has been banned for a reason.

What event(s) triggered him getting banned anyway?

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What event(s) triggered him getting banned anyway?

Predator Anonymous Group

#5798 3 years ago

Looks like Andrew effectively reiterated what their position has been the entire time. Maybe it will sink in this time....

#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Looks like Andrew effectively reiterated what their position has been the entire time. Maybe it will sink in this time....

That's way too logical.........never fly here......

#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You seem a little slow on the uptake. Fox have expressly forbade them from distributing media related to the unfinished game, and Andrew just stated as much. Yet you and others continue to ignore this and call for them to breach contract and at best piss the licensor off and at worst lose the license and get sued. What's wrong with you?

lol. right.

"we can't share the video to the public as it is prohibited by the licensor and we don't want to risk losing the license this far in"

"ok great can you share it now then?"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 279.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
There are 24679 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside