DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 601.
#5701 7 years ago

Damn bastards at Fox...

#5702 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Better brace for a four month hiatus - that gets you to mid Sep. Certainly it should be viewable then, right?

I hope so. I need to see the full package before I can be even begin to want this game.

#5703 7 years ago

A few years ago, Heighway's plan was to release 4 games per year. Alien was supposed to ship in 2014. Had the original proposed production pipeline been true, there should have been like 10 Heigheay games by now. Theoretically those games should have been in development, and with the Alien delays - you would think that the schedule would have been shifted and other games announced and released first. I wonder, why hasn't this happened? Now, we all know pinball is hard - and Heighway releasing games at a Stern pace is unlikely ...but surely a couple games should have been in development simultaneously with Alien, and at this point one of them should have been completed and released to keep the factory churning. Right?

Heighway really struck me as a company that had its act together ....call me a skeptic at this point.

#5704 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

In all honesty I was very excited about this title , but due to the delay I have lost interest and will probably look for something else...
...in full disclosure I have not put any $ in, I was planning on purchase as soon as they were available...
Reminds me of what people are experiencing with The Hobbit...

I was in this same boat and just pulled the trigger on another title that has been out for a while...feel the exact same way about JJP #3 (which I had been told, several times, would be unveiled this Spring)...

Some of my choice to put $$ elsewhere came from the wait...some of it came from some of Aurich's comments on C2C and his overall level of enthusiasm about some of the art issues (perhaps I read into it...don't know...but some of it came off uninspired)...and some of it came from feeling so-so about my playing experience with Full Throttle (which, as a package, just didn't do it for me). So, my coin is going to a completed game with advanced code. Perhaps Alien will be at that stage sometime late next year (purchasable production, good code). Who really knows?

I'm definitely intrigued by the title and think that the revealed playfield looked very cool...just not ready to (A) Wait endless months for deadlines that may or may not come and (B) pay thousands to become a beta-tester.

All that being said, I hope they get it out sooner than later...that it rocks...and that my budget will open up to allow one into the collection.

#5707 7 years ago

If I had $10k the possibilities ...

alien-figure-table-furniture-statue-scrap-metal-art-for-sale_(resized).jpgalien-figure-table-furniture-statue-scrap-metal-art-for-sale_(resized).jpg

alien-figure-statue-sculpture-replica-full-life-size-for-sale-2b_(resized).jpgalien-figure-statue-sculpture-replica-full-life-size-for-sale-2b_(resized).jpg

alien-statue-sculpture-full-life-size-for-sale_(resized).jpgalien-statue-sculpture-full-life-size-for-sale_(resized).jpg

#5708 7 years ago

Wonder why they never made a Traci Lords action figure

#5709 7 years ago

Guess I'll check back in August

#5710 7 years ago

Yep, good update, expectations set!

OT city until then

#5711 7 years ago

Let's hope "released in September" doesn't turn into Heighway's new "released in April" all over again.

#5712 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Damn bastards at Fox...

Sean-Hannity_(resized).jpgSean-Hannity_(resized).jpg

#5713 7 years ago

3 more months of Traci it is.

#5714 7 years ago

I'm sure if you had money in on this game and were skeptical Andrew or a team member can show you some teasers via Skype. Obviously recording would be prohibited and/or an NDA would need to be signed. A private showing doesn't constitute a public viewing and would be within the guidelines set forth by Fox.

Other folks like me who have no money in this are just whiners tbh.

#5715 7 years ago

Did Heighway get Sigourney Weaver?

*too many pages to read, just a yes or no will do

#5716 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

just a yes or no will do

yes or no

#5717 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
I want to give you all an update.
The official line from Fox is that we can't publicly show videos until the game has been approved as a whole. I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then.
There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens. Alien won't (can't) be shown until it is finished.
At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August. Pending approval by Fox of the finished game, then we expect to start production in September.
We all love what we are doing with this game and it's frustrating not to be able to show you our progress. There is another argument that when you all see the finished promo video, then it will be exactly what we want to show you - rather than prototype videos at various stages of development.
We apologise if this disappoints anyone but we are nearly there now. All should become clear within a few months

So, i wonder what this means for any showing of the LE art or even any revised playfield art? It would really blow to have to wait so long to at least see that stuff...

#5718 7 years ago

Waste any money on Kaneda lately Ted?

#5719 7 years ago

No word on that but it sounded positive. We stopped getting detailed info like that when Aurich stepped back from the thread.

#5720 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

No word on that but it sounded positive. We stopped getting detailed info like that when Aurich stepped back from the thread.

Thank You for an informative answer. Much appreciated.
Cheers

#5721 7 years ago

Wow, won't see it until Sept? I'm not buying the blame it on Fox routine....All i can say are negative things, so I will keep to myself.

#5722 7 years ago

I recommend that you carefully read the whole thread... there's too much important info here, especially on the last pages!

#5723 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thought they made one that inflated?

#5724 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'd put one in my game somewhere, maybe holding a cobbled together flamethrower

#5725 7 years ago

Just wanted to mention that I played Full Throttle on the weekend at the YEGpin show in Edmonton. I've played the game before so nothing new to report there (fast & fun, I don't dig the artwork), however, the full size display in the backglass is really nice. Sharp and bright and *really* dark blacks, like plasma TV blacks, which should bode well for a dark theme like Alien.

If you ordered it you won't be disappointed.

#5726 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Doesn't Ted have a machine that can make those?

#5727 7 years ago

Heighway has become the new JJP, and Alien is this year's Hobbit.

#5728 7 years ago

Based in the info I had at the time I placed my LE order, I was expecting Alien production to start around Fall 2016, so Andrew's recent comments about August/September are not surprising at all.

And I'm totally cool with that. Get it right, go for broke & knock it out of the park guys! Just gives me more time to save up some cash anyway.

Sure it would be nice to see something. I'd LOVE to see the finalized schematic layout drawing (would that really hurt?), but I get the restrictions placed on Heighway. Honestly they'll have a much larger impact showing the finalized product in a big reveal.

In the meantime, I'll just find pleasure in other things..... like playing Full Throttle for the first time at PAGG this weekend

#5729 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Well the Hobbit is a hell of a machine so we can only hope it turns out so well

I don't get the waiting complaints however... you guys wanted to be in the "inner circle" and see how the sausage is made and amazingly this company has allowed it. I can't think of another company that has shared this many details with their customers. Takes a lot of confidence on their part to share info on licensing, planned toys, early art, yadda yadda.

Now you're getting to see the kind of roadblocks they face - don't blame them... they WANT your money.

You're getting to see the good, bad and ugly here and I wouldn't make them regret spilling the beans to you guys. Accept that there will be delays but that hopefully you'll get the best possible product. So far this has only COST them money so I know they have to be anxious to ship the machine to you guys.

#5730 7 years ago

Just did another Podcast about the Allentown Show and other stuff....

#5731 7 years ago

Thats all I needed to know, 3 months and we should have some major updates, gameplay, pics etc. Its hard to wait when ur told maybe Alien Day or hopefully soon after and nothing transpires, now that I know, its all good.

#5732 7 years ago

Stop it...we've all seen plenty of hobbit videos

#5733 7 years ago

And you have become the new ____

#5734 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Andrew.

Please send Alien kits to Texas next year so I can pick one up to go in my FT!

This all seems quite reasonable. Stern doesn't preview games. They've been around longer and have multiple titles in development at at time. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of manufacturing and selling to get to that point. Keep up the good work.

#5735 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

call me a skeptic

Nah, I call you someone who can see clearly in this dark room filled mostly with folks bumping into each other looking for the light switch...

#5736 7 years ago

The spectacle of this once great thread is well deserved of a company who hasn't delivered on their word many times now....Much respect to Nordman who tried to warn us.

I see that a bunch of the guys who already put money down on the long delayed Alien pin gave you thumbs down.

A few years ago, Heighway's plan was to release 4 games per year. Alien was supposed to ship in 2014. Had the original proposed production pipeline been true, there should have been like 10 Heigheay games by now. Theoretically those games should have been in development, and with the Alien delays - you would think that the schedule would have been shifted and other games announced and released first. I wonder, why hasn't this happened? Now, we all know pinball is hard - and Heighway releasing games at a Stern pace is unlikely ...but surely a couple games should have been in development simultaneously with Alien, and at this point one of them should have been completed and released to keep the factory churning. Right?
Heighway really struck me as a company that had its act together ....call me a skeptic at this point.

Lots of good points made and I agree. The air has been let out of my sails when it comes to the excitement of this pin, starting with the less than impressive art for the PF combined with all the broken promises and delays.

Correct.

#5737 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

And you have become the new ___

Genius? Billionaire? Playboy? Philanthropist?

#5738 7 years ago

Heighway did take time to make the Barcadi game in 2014.

so there's that.

22_(resized).jpg22_(resized).jpg

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/bacardi.html

Quoted from Rarehero:

#5739 7 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

I see that a bunch of the guys who already put money down on the long delayed Alien pin gave you thumbs down.

The irony of it being that i'm one of those money down guys too....my mom tells me stories of how I used to spit out the pacifier all the time...

#5740 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I blame our instant gratification/ADD culture

Those darned millennials and their 'I want it sometime before 3 years has past' knee-jerk ADD!

#5741 7 years ago

If the game really is shipping in September I have no problem at all waiting until then. In fact I did not and still do not expect this to happen by then.

Judging by experience, if the game really is finished in August, they will not start shipping in September.

Waiting for parts, small hiccups in the start of production etc, will always happen.

Full Throttle took much more than 1 month from when the game was finished until they started sending out games.

Granted, they have learned a lot since then and have much more in-house equipment now, but Alien looks to be a far more advanced layout, with much more stuff on it than Full Throttle.

I hope I am wrong, but if they say finished in August, I will choose to be a bit cautious and expect it to be finished in late September, sending out the first games from ca November.

This is just me setting the bar a little lower, so that I can be pleasantly surprised if I am totally off.

Please do not read to much into this. I could be totally wrong here. Progress seems to be shaping up nicely. A lot of pre-orders have just learned me to not set my expectations to high.

#5742 7 years ago

Those two choads showed up on my Facebook feed today, much eyerolling was done

#5743 7 years ago

The Hobbit is terrible, an unreleased Alien pin is still better than that thing. Its only now starting to become overdue regardless of what was promised as we all knew April/15 wasn't going to happen, when it reaches April 2018 then it will be that years Hobbit.

#5744 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Agree. Wasn't Dennis Nordman contributing to this Alien project at first, but later on didn't believe the time span was a capable one and then moved on to other stuff?
Maybe Nordman is working on Heighway's other projects in his garage?

#5745 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm sure if you had money in on this game and were skeptical Andrew or a team member can show you some teasers via Skype. Obviously recording would be prohibited and/or an NDA would need to be signed. A private showing doesn't constitute a public viewing and would be within the guidelines set forth by Fox.

Don't they have an app that lets you send an message and video to people to view for a few hours before it disappears? Why couldn't Andrew shoot a few videos and have them on hand to send upon request? I am seriously wondering what the hold up is since they evidentally are not restricted from showing anything to people at shows. Why not add an electronic option at the same time Has anybody seen pics of complete Alien prototype with art? "That is something I would love to see" said Captain Obvious.

k7h3g.gifk7h3g.gif

#5746 7 years ago

Genius? Billionaire? Playboy? Philanthropist?

Wasn't what we were thinking. Starts with an I and ends with a T. Figure it out.

#5747 7 years ago

Well, at least when we pay for and receive Alien, 1) the theme is F ing awesome and one of the best ever, 2) we should still receive it long before the TBL disaster 3) it will be better and cheaper than TBL and TH, 4) GBLE is coming to fill the time void.

So its still a boom boom no brainer! What's not to like?

Andrew didn't say how many on weekly production. "Time is money".

#5748 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So its still a boom boom no brainer! What's not to like?

Plenty of things. A great theme does not a pinball make.

#5749 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Plenty of things. A great theme does not a pinball make.

It's a great start though. And we don't have to pay for it until we get to see the finale.

I chose not to get the "sneak preview" because I want to see the full reveal when its ready.

I'm betting on the jockey Andrew.

We all know everything could turn into a shit sandwich. I've eaten a few of those.

I'm thinking glass half full, don't bring me down Lawman.

#5750 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I chose not to get the "sneak preview" because I want to see the full reveal when its ready.

No spoilers...I can get with that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.