pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 601.
#5651 7 years ago

It makes me think a pinball machine isn't really worth the hassle to a licensor . The amount of man hours this must have taken up for Fox is crazy

#5652 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

So I wonder why something as insignificant to a licensor as a pinball machine can take so long..

I think because Predator has done a lot of damage here, but more importantly Fox had always stated that when anything goes public it must be the finished product. So, anytime Heighway wants to show the progress they make they have to get an approval from Fox.

Quoted from thewool:

Amazing all of the licenced Alien(s) tat that is out there and approval for one video takes so long. Hope it's worth it.

It will be

#5653 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

I think because Predator has done a lot of damage here, but more importantly Fox had always stated that when anything goes public it must be the finished product. So, anytime Heighway wants to show the progress they make they have to get an approval from Fox.

It will be

Predator isn't even a consideration. It damaged pinball as a hobby. It probably bothered Fox about as much as a mosquito (failing to) bite bothers a bull elephant.

As Aurich hinted at in his last post, and I hinted at before, these videos have a short shelf life. By this point the video (from production / shooting) date is already 3 weeks old. If there was a hold up in approval, they probably won't bother showing it now as the machine has likely come on a lot since then. Maybe it still gets shown, but it will be out of date.

#5654 7 years ago

Doesn't matter if the video is out of date. It's more current than previous ones that are six+ months old, and interest is high. After showing it, they likely can take and post more informal ones too. We want the video.

#5655 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

As Aurich hinted at in his last post, and I hinted at before, these videos have a short shelf life. By this point the video (from production / shooting) date is already 3 weeks old. If there was a hold up in approval, they probably won't bother showing it now as the machine has likely come on a lot since then. Maybe it still gets shown, but it will be out of date.

I have to disagree on this. Most people want to see the game evolve. If 'old' material is shown that people haven't seen that is always appreciated I think.

And I don't think the game will change from black to white in a few weeks. So this video will be important to show!

It is a video of the prototype. Until now we only have seen a video of the Whitewood. I think people love to see how the game has changed in the meantime. Age of the video is not relevant.

#5656 7 years ago

I understand the excitement and optimism here. But why are people assuming this delay is all the fault of the licensor?

#5657 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I understand the excitement and optimism here. But why are people assuming this delay is all the fault of the licensor?

Well, we know there was a video submitted to them that Andrew was hoping we'd see by Alien day, and that still hasn't shown up. Whatever the status of the pin is, that video is held up by the licensor for certain.

#5658 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Because Heighway stated exactly that. The video is completed and was submitted to Fox for approval. Once Fox approves, I think Heighway would release the video to the public almost immediately.

#5659 7 years ago

Just because it was submitted doesn't guarantee approval. That's why they have a process.

#5660 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

So I wonder why something as insignificant to a licensor as a pinball machine can take so long..

Because the janitor hasn't gotten around to signing off on it yet. Or maybe he accidentally threw it away.

Imagine a stack of 1000 licensing issues "Fox licensing" is dealing with regarding the Alien property. Where do you think the pinball machine issue is in that stack?

Another way to say it is our "sense of urgency" doesn't match the janitor's "sense of urgency".

#5661 7 years ago

Don't show me any video unless it was taken this morning...

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Imagine a stack of 1000 licensing issues "Fox licensing" is dealing with regarding the Alien property. Where do you think the pinball machine issue is in that stack?

The guys have a department just for those issues. Even if the department is full you still have the janitor! so I see no excuse

#5663 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Doesn't matter if the video is out of date. It's more current than previous ones that are six+ months old, and interest is high. After showing it, they likely can take and post more informal ones too. We want the video.

What you're failing to consider is that Heighway may feel that it's more than just progression, but improvement. If they feel the game now is objectively better than it was several weeks ago, not just further along, they may not want to show the 'old' stuff, and Fox may feel the same way.

#5664 7 years ago

Could you guys stop talking about fox and video licensing and please get back on-topic? It's get annoying already!

#5665 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What you're failing to consider is that Heighway may feel that it's more than just progression, but improvement. If they feel the game now is objectively better than it was several weeks ago, not just further along, they may not want to show the 'old' stuff, and Fox may feel the same way.

Really? And go to the approval process again? Making potential customers wait longer. I don't think so.

This video will got to bring back the enthusiasm for Alien. I cannot think of one reason Heighway doesn't want to show this video.

#5666 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Could you guys stop talking about fox and video licensing and please get back on-topic? It's get annoying already!

^What he said......my 'useless garbage' filter needs changing regularly in this thread.

#5667 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Please enlighten us

#5668 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Please enlighten us

#5669 7 years ago

Yes, that was obvious no need to explain

Hope Fox will approve the video soon so we can talk about the pin again.

#5671 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

and please get back on-topic?

Ok, then you start with something on topic, I would rather keep this thread alive with crap than it dying a slow death with zero info, I'm with ya but man for the first time I'm starting to lose interest, not backing out but need something,

#5672 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, then you start with something on topic

Are you really asking ME among all people???

#5673 7 years ago

Kind of feels like we'll be lucky if there is a playable Alien game at Expo this year. Not meaning to be negative, but this has been so slow and there's never been a playable prototype for the public. And then you think about the process after that prototype is first shown. We've been down this road before.

I guess all of this would have been OK if Alien was never announced publicly. We'd be talking about Full Throttle and wondering what the next game was. Hell, for all we know games 3 and 4 are much further along and have had less license impediments. But Alien was announced as game 2 so we've got to ride that out.

#5674 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hahahahahahaha

E se só para chatear eu começar a escrever em Português contigo?
Só para encher o tópico com ainda mais lixo

#5675 7 years ago

The spectacle of this once great thread is well deserved of a company who hasn't delivered on their word many times now....Much respect to Nordman who tried to warn us.

#5676 7 years ago

By comparison, look at the TBL thread, its like a morgue even though games have started shipping now.

Very few people seem to even give a crap now, the one's that have paid and are still waiting.

Dutch has "ramped up" to producing 1 pinball machine per week. 250 pins = 250 weeks! Hopefully the "ramp" gets better.

Since Full Throttle is out there and the manufacturing process and crew is FAR superior to what DP has, any idea how many pins Andrew has said he plans to produce per week?

Maybe Andrew can chime in here while we wait for pictures.

#5677 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

hahahahahahaha

I think I better make believe I don't understand any of that.

#5678 7 years ago

I haven't had the chance to play Full Throttle yet but it seems to be an amazing game! And ALIENS is a HUGE theme, so that's why this thread is always on fire, even if it gets off-topic once in a while!

#5679 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

hahahahahahaha

O pessoal vai ficar doido!

Quoted from Hazoff:

I think I better make believe I don't understand any of that.

#5680 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since Full Throttle is out there and the manufacturing process and crew is FAR superior to what DP has

What do you base this on?

(Edit: Never mind. I don't want to squabble. Believe what you wish).

#5681 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

O pessoal vai ficar doido!

Si

#5682 7 years ago

It was never proved that the Creature from the Black Lagoon was an alien or not, but boy, I wish I didn't follow this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-hologram-mod-revival/page/2#post-3143353

#5683 7 years ago

In all honesty I was very excited about this title , but due to the delay I have lost interest and will probably look for something else...

...in full disclosure I have not put any $ in, I was planning on purchase as soon as they were available...
Reminds me of what people are experiencing with The Hobbit...

#5684 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

By comparison, look at the TBL thread, its like a morgue even though games have started shipping now.
Very few people seem to even give a crap now, the one's that have paid and are still waiting.
Dutch has "ramped up" to producing 1 pinball machine per week. 250 pins = 250 weeks! Hopefully the "ramp" gets better.
Since Full Throttle is out there and the manufacturing process and crew is FAR superior to what DP has, any idea how many pins Andrew has said he plans to produce per week?
Maybe Andrew can chime in here while we wait for pictures.

This is why Stern win yet again.

Show nothing, say nothing ( throw the odd bone ) and then boom - it's here. Frenzy stage where everyone is in the 'take my money phase'. Can't beat this.

As opposed to long drawn out processes and we are all onto the next new shiny.

Hobbit, Alien, TBL all suffering really. RZ is sold out so Spooky strategy also works for their business model.

#5685 7 years ago

66 new posts of nothin'

#5686 7 years ago

Patience people......have we not been through this several times before?
It will come when it comes. In the meantime, buy what you like, play what you like. When Alien is ready, then we can freak out.....

#5687 7 years ago

Announcing a pin way before it's complete can be a good strategy for companies that don't have the motor running like Stern.
You catch many costumers that will be willing to wait a little more before buying another pin elsewhere.

I give you my example: I can only afford one expensive pin. After the announcement of Alien I will not buy any $$ pin because I want to see if I want a Alien or not, because I love the theme. I'm just waiting to see how it is when completed to decide. If it's good I will buy it, and in the meantime I will not buy any new Stern.
If Alien wasn't announced, I would have probably bought another one and couldn't get Alien on its release..

#5688 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I want to give you all an update.

The official line from Fox is that we can't publicly show videos until the game has been approved as a whole. I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then.

There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens. Alien won't (can't) be shown until it is finished.

At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August. Pending approval by Fox of the finished game, then we expect to start production in September.

We all love what we are doing with this game and it's frustrating not to be able to show you our progress. There is another argument that when you all see the finished promo video, then it will be exactly what we want to show you - rather than prototype videos at various stages of development.

We apologise if this disappoints anyone but we are nearly there now. All should become clear within a few months

#5689 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
I want to give you all an update.
The official line from Fox is that we can't publicly show videos until the game has been approved as a whole. I will continue to show teasers, privately, at shows until then.

Honestly, as it's been this long now, I think it's the right decision on their part both for the sake of the IP and the success of the machine in pinball. A relatively small number of people in the pinball world keep any real eye on this, but far more will take notice of a great looking completed game than something still being prototyped - even if the latter looks good, they'll assume it won't be delivered for ages.

#5690 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There's a chance we will be at 2 U.S. shows next month so I'll let you all know if that happens.

See you in Denver!

#5691 7 years ago

Thanks Andrew.

#5692 7 years ago

The "lost interest" argument because of a perceived delay...I blame our instant gratification/ADD culture. We're not getting our super expensive toys fast enough damn it!

#5693 7 years ago

Now prepare for a lot of "thanks for the update" posts....

#5694 7 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#5695 7 years ago

Guess I will check back in 3 months.

#5696 7 years ago

At least we have (a realistic) timeline now. Talk with you fans in August/September when I check back in. Going to go enjoy summer and bide a little time with my new (to me) X-men and SM. Summers are too short in Canada to spend playing pinball in the basement anyway and by late fall I am usually looking forward to pinball, hockey and a pint of cold Guinness (as its not really a summer beer for me).

Keep on flipping folks!

#5697 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

thanks for the preparation

#5698 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

time to do an Aurich and re visit this thread in mid August then it dosent sour. Heighway unticked on my forum options should do the trick

#5699 7 years ago

I hope SFGE is one of the shows

#5700 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Guess I will check back in 3 months.

Better brace for a four month hiatus - that gets you to mid Sep. Certainly it should be viewable then, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/114?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.