• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 494.
#5351 3 years ago

Alien1-Animation1.gif

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you use that DERAILMENT photo because it looks like the Alien Ship???

You caught that. Good eye!

#5353 3 years ago

9c5d83b0f6a11b61147dc64f8885bc08_(resized).jpg

#5354 3 years ago

More info on the Zen tables https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6223

They look ok, but the layouts don't really seem to interesting unlike heighways!

#5355 3 years ago

Yep, video games are one thing, but they will never hold a candle to the real thing!

25494332_(resized).jpg

But at least the Alien vidya versions might cause people with interest to do a search and discover what Heighway has in the works.

Not saying people will rush out and buy one but it may very well cost them a pocket full of quarters if they stumble across the tangible real thing on location having been enamored with the vidya vesions.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Too much art on the PF...it's really taking down the immersion.

Seeing all 3 Zen tables is really telling when you compare their playfield "artwork" to Heighway's. I'm sure all 3 of them are more like what everyone was envisioning and hoping for. What a shame.

#5358 3 years ago

Its been awfully quiet. Id love any kind of update

--Jeff

#5359 3 years ago

The Zen tables look fantasic. Ductwork and interior wall panels really tie the pin together and set the mood.

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm sure all 3 of them are more like what everyone was envisioning and hoping for. What a shame.

Opinions are all over. Never make everyone happy. The Zen tables, except for AVP look Stern-esque(tm) and a bit cheesy to me. What a shame?

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Its been awfully quiet. Id love any kind of update
--Jeff

It would be nice to see some kind of update on Alien Day, which is just about a week away. If not, no big deal, it's not the end of the world. They're just working hard right now & they'll give an update when they're ready

I do miss Aurich's posts tho

#5362 3 years ago

The AVP looks cool but I like Aurichs PF more than the 2 Zen Alien PF's.

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The AVP looks cool but I like Aurichs PF more than the 2 Zen Alien PF's.

Agreed. And they're Apples and Oranges, as you said before.

#5364 3 years ago

012_Facehugger_fridge-570875f2695c5__880_(resized).jpg

#5365 3 years ago

One week away from Aliens Vs Pinball!

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6223

image_(resized).jpeg

#5366 3 years ago

Paid in full. LE incl. 27" Full HD Display. Fuck yeah!

#5367 3 years ago

Why not open a new thread about Zen pinball? This is under the subforum "Heighway Pinball" so I think it is a little derailing/off topic/disrespectful to talk about Zen pinball here

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Paid in full. LE incl. 27" Full HD Display. Fuck yeah!

Awsome! Post your no. In the LE thread

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Why not open a new thread about Zen pinball? This is under the subforum "Heighway Pinball" so I think it is a little derailing/off topic/disrespectful to talk about Zen pinball here

makes too much sense

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hate to say this and wish it wasn't the case but this happens when theres nothing to discuss regarding the pin itself, I need something soon, getting restless.

#5371 3 years ago

4/26 seems likely for an update

#5372 3 years ago

ZEN ALIEN!

a3700327e1c0a74c0511f906d23ded52_(resized).jpg

#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

#5374 3 years ago

keep_calm_and_adopt_an_alien_egg_poster_by_dimakosrou-d6o2pxg_(resized).jpg

#5375 3 years ago
#5376 3 years ago

I heard there was some sort of alien thing going on tomorrow.

8275687883_0803996528_b_(resized).jpg

#5377 3 years ago

tumblr_mpatbhLqj71qzfsnio1_1280_(resized).jpg

#5378 3 years ago

cake_(resized).png

#5379 3 years ago

going to post random Alien stuff until we get an update....

#5380 3 years ago

Found the backless design.

backglass_T_(resized).png

#5381 3 years ago

This thread has descended into internet-AIDS ... hopefully Heighway do show something substantive soon.

#5382 3 years ago

Heighway should appreciate and say a huge "thank you" now that this thread is currently "on fire"!

#5383 3 years ago

I've been checking out this Alien blog called 'Strange Shapes'. The post 'The Engineers' talks about Brett and Parker. Apparently, Yaphet Kotto (Parker) was offered the role of Lando Calrissian and turned it down as he assumed the character would be killed off. Both are named after pro athletes, and Parker got some ad-lib lines in the movie. He was also privately instructed by Ridley to annoy Sigourney as much as possible to create more tension on camera between them.
They even show an image of the 'adult' magazine Parker was reading in the movie...for the hard core collectors out there who might feel the need to aquire one.

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I do miss Aurich's posts tho

Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know anything about "Alien Day"

#5385 3 years ago

If an alien update doesnt come out in the next 10 mins i will not buy an alien pin anymore!!!
.. Just kidding..

#5386 3 years ago

Yes an Alien day update is needed. 420 day, each and every day. Nothing to do here but speculate.

007259_(resized).jpg

tumblr_mrf6ssagFh1rhq7xgo1_500_(resized).jpg

alien31_(resized).jpg

tumblr_inline_o4djldfTjD1qzf6t4_540_(resized).jpg

#5387 3 years ago

aliens_gag_(resized).PNG

#5389 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update for you.

As you know, we showed an exclusive Alien gameplay video at the Texas Pinball Festival last month.

The game has moved forwards significantly since then. We are currently finishing a NEW video and will be shortly submitting it to FOX for approval to show this in public.

If we can show this on 'Alien Day' then we will. If not, then we will push for it to be shown as soon after as possible.

We will keep you updated as to our progress.

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update for you.
As you know, we showed an exclusive Alien gameplay video at the Texas Pinball Festival last month.
The game has moved forwards significantly since then. We are currently finishing a NEW video and will be shortly submitting it to FOX for approval to show this in public.
If we can show this on 'Alien Day' then we will. If not, then we will push for it to be shown as soon after as possible.
We will keep you updated as to our progress.

Thanks for the update. I think this thread was in danger of bursting a blood vessel or something

#5391 3 years ago

ALIEN_chestburster1280_(resized).jpg

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ALIEN_chestburster1280_(resized).jpg

They really have some fucking brilliant material to work with

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are currently finishing a NEW video and will be shortly submitting it to FOX for approval to show this in public.
If we can show this on 'Alien Day' then we will.

I would believe in the celebratory spirit of Fox's "Alien Day," approval of a public showing would be readily forth coming and provide for the community a glimpse of just how far the Heighway Team has been allowed to travel down the Alien rabbit hole.

Really looking forward to an example of what a tangible pin designed to be "true to the Alien/s Universe" will look, sound, and play like. Fingers crossed.

Certainly a video of such consequence would go viral surrounding the context of that particular day and give Heighway worldwide exposure to the people most interested in the Alien/s theme.

Or am I just dreaming?

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I would believe in the celebratory spirit of Fox's "Alien Day," approval of a public showing would be readily forth coming and provide for the community a glimpse of just how far the Heighway Team has been allowed to travel down the Alien rabbit hole.
Really looking forward to an example of what a tangible pin designed to be "true to the Alien/s Universe" will look, sound, and play like. Fingers crossed.
Certainly a video of such consequence would go viral surrounding the context of that particular day and give Heighway worldwide exposure to the people most interested in the Alien/s theme.
Or am I just dreaming?

Dreaming, I'm afraid. Even as someone who owns almost 30 pinball machines, I'm still aware of the bitter reality that in the broader social context, pinball is essentially irrelevant.

#5395 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Or am I just dreaming?

No you are not.
It will call the attention of many Alien fans that are not pin fans, but know and like the Zen pinball tables. Many of these "virtual players" will enter the real pin world. You hear stories of it every time, guys that found out about the real pinball world through vp, zen or tpa.

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

No you are not.
It will call the attention of many Alien fans that are not pin fans, but know and like the Zen pinball tables. Many of these "virtual players" will enter the real pin world. You hear stories of it every time, guys that found out about the real pinball world through vp, zen or tpa.

Yep, that is me. I wouldn't be into Pinball if not for The Pinball Arcade digital platform.

#5397 3 years ago

I did the natural evolutionary pattern...King of Kong movie, first video game, 12 more video games, discovered pinball. I'll get excited about video games again the day I finally find a Space Fury.

Getting excited about Alien Day...reading about all the goodies coming that day and what I might be interested in. The local theatres don't seem to have anything screening sadly, hopefully somebody within a reasonable range will have something planned.

#5398 3 years ago

1461187573656_(resized).jpg

#5399 3 years ago

5 Discos!

#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I did the natural evolutionary pattern...King of Kong movie, first video game, 12 more video games, discovered pinball.

My evolution wasn't so natural.I discovered pinball first...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside