• 24,873 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by megaladon
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,868 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg
07445D35-9F91-4590-9914-57FDDA690747 (resized).jpeg
D09745A7-95CD-4576-AA7E-88E1EF02E6AA (resized).jpeg
AEDE433F-D01E-4758-9089-F84807756690 (resized).jpeg
71A48A9B-1FFA-4761-8F8A-3CF514A5E4A9 (resized).jpeg
6FE7CC81-88E9-43CD-AA7A-46024E118C7B (resized).jpeg
E9D0CD76-07B8-40A2-95C0-9F9A6628AC0A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24873 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 498.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Let's hope but has it been stated the ball is dragged into the mouth?

Not in those words, but in the shot map the description is: "Xenomorph head toy and standup targets. Targets work in tandem with magnet to fling ball back or catch ball for xenomorph tongue operation to lock ball."

Key phrase: "tongue operation to lock ball"

I can't see how else the tongue might operate to lock a ball other than bring it into it's mouth and hang onto it in there in order to release it later for multiball. It would be the simplest mech requiring no other subways or kickouts but it could only hang onto one ball. It would be awesome for the tongue to fire outward and release the ball to throw it towards the player!

EDIT: Just found Aurich's comments that clarify these details somewhat:

Quoted from Aurich:

Dude, we have a huge xenomorph grabbing the ball with its tongue already, is that not enough for you?

Quoted from Aurich:

xeno with a bad ass magnetic tongue

#5202 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm with you pal! I hope that is the way it operates. Perhaps the tongue moves on an arc so it clears the lower teeth with the ball. I'm just controlling my expectations and trying to work through how it might operate with the information given. Maybe we might get some clarification before imaginations and speculations spin out of control.
I for one will have the pin transform into a Caterpillar P-5000 Work Loader and wrestle with you while you're trying to play if I don't keep my deeply disturbed imagination in check.
aliens-ripley-queen-ft_1193711384_(resized).jpg

It's true. A person's imagination exceeds all expectations. It won't operate as I'm seeing it in my mind's eye, but I'm sure it will be cool. I agree, we need to see the entire playfield soon.

#5203 3 years ago

Andrew has also stated (most recently at DPO 2015) that the playfield magnet stops the ball, the mouth opens, then the tongue lashes out & grabs the ball. There are two standup target below the jaw, so there won't be any direct physical bashing of it. The toy has to be raised above the playfield and angled a bit for that tongue to reach out to the magnet & grab the ball

Can't wait to see it in action!

25:55 minute mark

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

$230 to my door from the U.K!

Damn thats a really good shipping price! Did they mention anything about VAT or taxes added on? If its just pin price + low ass shipping price, thats pretty amazing being shipped to door from the UK!

#5205 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just for clarification......that shot map you posted is ancient history. The upper LT ramp no longer loops & exits on the RT side of playfield. There's plenty of space now for the large Alien head toy of that size.
image_(resized).jpeg

Thanks. I knew it changed but couldn't find that when I searched in this thread! Did I miss an updated shot map with the A. B. C... shot explanations?

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Damn thats a really good shipping price! Did they mention anything about VAT or taxes added on? If its just pin price + low ass shipping price, thats pretty amazing being shipped to door from the UK!

Pin price Plus $230 for air freight to my door in Michigan in 9 total days(7 business days). No other fees!
Killer price!

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Thanks. I knew it changed but couldn't find that when I searched in this thread! Did I miss an updated shot map with the A. B. C... shot explanations?

There was an updated wireframe when the playfield art was revealed but there hasn't been an updated shot map with descriptions to accompany it. Unless I also missed it

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Andrew has also stated (most recently at DPO 2015) that the playfield magnet stops the ball, the mouth opens, then the tongue lashes out & grabs the ball. There are two standup target below the jaw, so there won't be any direct physical bashing of it. The toy has to raised above the playfield and angled a bit for that tongue to reach out to the magnet & grab the ball
Can't wait to see it in action!
25:55 minute mark
» YouTube video

Yep Andrew does say "...as if eating the ball." Sweeeeeet!

#5209 3 years ago

Not even a dupe.. A ghost post!

#5210 3 years ago

What is the big hole in the playfield, below the upper right flipper for?

Alien Toy looks fantastic, but is there going to be room for that second(rotating?) toy to the left of it. I always thought that the space looked a bit tight in that region, so it will be interesting to see how everything will look when the playfield is populated.

Alien and The Big Lebowski is by far the most interesting new pins for me. (with Hobbit and Ghostbusters right behind)

This year could very well end up being the most splendid pinball year, ever

Hurry up, Heighway

#5211 3 years ago

are you referring to where the lcd screen goes ?

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

are you referring to where the lcd screen goes ?

No. There is a big round hole in the playfield, just above the lcd, right below the flipper

Nothing there in the cad, but it is there on the cut playfield. almost looks like a pop bumper cut-out

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Pin price Plus $230 for air freight to my door in Michigan in 9 total days(7 business days). No other fees!
Killer price!

Thanks for the heads up! lemme shoot them an email!

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

No. There is a big round hole in the playfield, just above the lcd, right below the flipper
Nothing there in the cad, but it is there on the cut playfield. almost looks like a pop bumper cut-out

A picture of a planet.

#5217 3 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

A picture of a planet.

That's no planet, that's a moon.

That's no moon, that's a space s... oh sorry, wrong theme.

#5218 3 years ago

Last try

alien_playfiled_(resized).jpeg

#5220 3 years ago

I do feel a bit stupid now

The moon got the better of me. Tricked by the moon. etc

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I do feel a bit stupid now
The moon got the better of me. Tricked by the moon. etc

Lol! Is it a sphere or flat?

#5222 3 years ago

Man , it really did look like a hole didn't it !

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Better angle

image_(resized).jpeg

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I've bought direct from Heighway. Cointaker is US distributor.

Me too...early adopter .....

...quoted wrong post earlier..sorry...this one correct..Cointaker rocks ( as Melissa and Chris already know I'm a long time customer)

#5225 3 years ago

Come on Heighway. You have folks with thousands of dollars commited to this game. Not all of us can attend trade shows. Throw us a bone. We deserve it. We are financing this project. Show us what you have. Stop being coy.

#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Come on Heighway. You have folks with thousands of dollars commited to this game. Not all of us can attend trade shows. Throw us a bone. We deserve it. We are financing this project. Show us what you have. Stop being coy.

I believe this is what Aurich was referring to when he said he wished there was a private owners forum. They can't publicly share anything which leaves pre-orderers in the cold.

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Good thing you didn't buy TBL from Dutch Pinball. I believe Heighway has been transparent and engaging in many ways from the get-go.

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I believe this is what Aurich was referring to when he said he wished there was a private owners forum. They can't publicly share anything which leaves pre-orderers in the cold.

That's just the point, they just have.

#5230 3 years ago

Looks like the balls that are locked by the mouth may drop through the hole next to the left pop? That seems to be exactly where the underside if the jaw would be. Just my guess.

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Looks like the balls that are locked by the mouth may drop through the hole next to the left pop? That seems to be exactly where the underside if the jaw would be. Just my guess.

I think that's where the magnet will be located to seize the ball ready for the xeno strike.

#5233 3 years ago

Did I miss pics of populated playfield? It looked like there was a pic of one on the banner at TPF but it was small and grainy.

#5234 3 years ago

I bet that alien head is actual size and sits right on top of the pop bumpers... at least I hope it's actual size!

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I bet that alien head is actual size and sits right on top of the pop bumpers... at least I hope it's actual size!

You should read the thread.....

#5236 3 years ago

Pop bumpers are eggs. They're pictured in the thread.

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Aurich posted that pink CAD drawing laid over the artwork a few months back, but no officially released updated CAD drawing to my knowledge. Probably because they have been making so many alterations/tweaks in the last 6 months to get the final design locked down. They know what they're doing

I was a little disappointed the TFP video wasn't released, but it's not the end of the world. I'm sure they'll put it on YouTube it when they're ready. But the xenomorph head looked even better than expected, so thanks for sharing Andrew!

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

You should read the thread.....

In fairness this thread has turned into a bit of a monster with the various juicy bits scattered far and wide.

#5239 3 years ago

There will be much biting

#5240 3 years ago

I'm loving all the speculation !

#5241 3 years ago

Yeah... I see that now. Too many pages too go through here to get all the details so sorry bout that!

#5242 3 years ago

Yeah... I see that now. Too many pages too go through here to get all the details so sorry bout that!

Even if you just filter by Heighway and Aurich's comments you'll get heaps of info.

#5243 3 years ago

I was actually really happy that in a previous post they mentioned that the final ramps will be wireforms! Games look of much better quality imo with them.

#5244 3 years ago

Any plans to get one of these in the game somewhere?

power-loader-service-and-repair-manual_(resized).jpg

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Prototype 1 has ramps for instance, you can shoot it, but things that will be metal habitrails in the final game are mocked up in plastic right now, stuff like that. When the geometry is locked in we'll move to more final ramps.

Quoted from libtech:

I was actually really happy that in a previous post they mentioned that the final ramps will be wireforms! Games look of much better quality imo with them.

I wouldn't take that to mean all the final ramps will be wireforms. He's just explaining about the mockup ramps on the prototype. From the last schematic there's only one wireform habitrail at the U-turn shot. The rest look like molded plastic and have to have the fiber optic lighting attached as well.

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Any plans to get one of these in the game somewhere?

power-loader-service-and-repair-manual_(resized).jpg

There has been discussion about it. There are plans to include it, of course, but the nature of its inclusion was waiting on actor likeness negotiations as it is, to quote Aurich, "useless without a driver". I'm guessing this is sorted now.

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I wouldn't take that to mean all the final ramps will be wireforms. He's just explaining about the mockup ramps on the prototype. From the last schematic there's only one wireform habitrail at the U-turn shot. The rest look like molded plastic and have to have the fiber optic lighting attached as well.

Yea I suppose your right, sounds like just some stuff now that I read it again. It would be awsome if the LE had all wireforms, make it look higher end. Personally I would prefer that to el wire.

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea I suppose your right, sounds like just some stuff now that I read it again. It would be awsome if the LE had all wireforms, make it look higher end. Personally I would prefer that to el wire.

I'd happily pay a premium for all wireforms

#5249 3 years ago

Just as long as the wireforms are not lime green on my le, I would love wireforms.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just as long as the wireforms are not lime green on my le, I would love wireforms.

Not sure....think the fiber optics on plastic trump wire forms ( I do love them, though)....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
14,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 399.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
There are 24873 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 498.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside